Football Manager 2018 *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, dmndmn said:

Tonight tonight tonight 😎😎😎 its comin :)

Did you completely miss when he specifically said that it wouldn't be today?

EDIT: Tweet was backdated, so take that back.  Still no guarantee it's going to be today going by it, particularly with the ongoing snowmageddon.

Edited by forameuss

So, originally we'd hoped to release the winter transfer update & patch at 16.05 GMT, 5 minutes after the Chinese window closed. However, unfortunately, we got hit by a "wrong kind of snow" issue, so it's not going to be today. Hopefully tomorrow, maybe Friday. Miles ( ı saw this and wrote above )

Miles:

FM18.3 via Steam is live - although not yet tested out in the wild. So hold back until @FootballManager confirms it is working. FMT & FMM will follow once they've gone through the approval process, which normally takes 1-2 days, but with a weekend in the way we don't know when.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Lexis:

No actual match engine changes. Not even the horrible shooting. Lol. Great patch ....

Really ?  

MATCH
------
- Fixed rare ball physics bug 

What's this then ?  

Edited by haffaz77

Just now, haffaz77 said:

Really ?  

MATCH
------
- Fixed rare ball physics bug 

What's this then ?  

Go on. Mention another :) .  That doesn't seem to address the horrendous shooting reported by countless users.

Just now, HUNT3R said:

Why not actually try it?

Is it too much to expect a properly documented changelog to see if a certain issue has been fixed or not? Should we just play it for countless hours and try to take wild guesses if a specific bug has been fixed or not?

Just now, Lexis said:

Is it too much to expect a properly documented changelog to see if a certain issue has been fixed or not? Should we just play it for countless hours and try to take wild guesses if a specific bug has been fixed or not?

It's not hours. It'll take 5 minutes at most to see.

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, RinusFM said:

I was wondering if the skincolour changing is gone now. :brock: Can't see it in the changelist. 

- Fixed issue where stadium/players sometimes appear black

Would that cover your question?

Just now, HUNT3R said:

It's not hours. It'll take 5 minutes at most to see.

It'll take at least a couple of matches to see how players shoot and see them in different scenarios to see if it has been fixed or not. Couple of matches is way longer than someone writing in the forum post with the changelog "Shooting accuracy has been increased".  Do you not agree?

Also if you have any specific information about this issue, please share with us.

Just now, Lexis said:

It'll take at least a couple of matches to see how players shoot and see them in different scenarios to see if it has been fixed or not. Couple of matches is way longer than someone writing in the forum post with the changelog "Shooting accuracy has been increased".  Do you not agree?

Quite obviously, I don't. Take 5 minutes of your time to try things out.

Just now, Seb Wassell said:

- Fixed issue where stadium/players sometimes appear black

Would that cover your question?

Well technically yes, but I was refering outside of the match. Where the faces of newgens appear where the pictures of real people are placed. 

Gerade eben schrieb Lexis:

Also if you have any specific information about this issue, please share with us.

I dont know, world class strikers like Aguero/Kane running at the goal and then shooting to the corner flag without any interception ? Had that happen all too much.

2 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Quite obviously, I don't. Take 5 minutes of your time to try things out.

Again, how is that more normal than having a decent changelog and not expecting players to figure it out on their own? Again, that's if the issue has been fixed. I highly doubt it was fixed, since if it was, sounds like the kind of change you would put on a changelog.

• SI Staff
5 minutes ago, RinusFM said:

Well technically yes, but I was refering outside of the match. Where the faces of newgens appear where the pictures of real people are placed. 

Okay, I am not 100% sure on the overlap there I'm afraid, would be worth checking out.

Gerade eben schrieb Lexis:

Again, how is that more normal than having a decent changelog and not expecting players to figure it out on their own? Again, that's if the issue has been fixed. I highly doubt it was fixed, since if it was, sounds like the kind of change you would put on a changelog.

Why don't you just play the Game and see what happens ? That's what i do right now , instead of raging before even seeing a second of gameplay :D

1 minute ago, Seb Wassell said:

Okay, I am not 100% sure on the overlap there I'm afraid, would be worth checking out.

Thanks. I will enable them again and see. ;) There is a thread about it and topics on Steam. Perhaps it's overseen or perhaps it's fixed. Will let you know.

8 minutes ago, haffaz77 said:

Why don't you just play the Game and see what happens ? That's what i do right now , instead of raging before even seeing a second of gameplay :D

Writing down a line with "Shooting accuracy increased" takes roughly 10 seconds, if you're a really slow writer.

Playing enough matches to know if the bug has been fixed or not can take one - two hours.

Do I need to do the math for you to tell you which one is faster?

Do I also need to tell you how writing a proper change log is something fundamental done by every decent software product on updates?

I wonder if, when asked by their managers if a certain bug has been solved, they also respond with 'Go give it a try and see'. Surely it would only take them 5 minutes as well right?

#justSIthings

Edited by Lexis

2 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Keep it civil please. Thanks. 

Hello,

Could you please shed some light on to the shooting issue please? I'm far from the only user interested in this.

Thank you.

Edited by Lexis

Just now, mernild said:

And what about 3 striker formations? Anything being changed about that? I feel like SI should just make complete patch notes instead of this. Patch notes are exciting not something that you should just get overwith.

Other games that make updates every month has 20 times the amount of patch notes of this. And we waited for so long on this patch.

Answer has been given above. You're supposed to play the game and figure it out on your own.

Always fun to see an update being built up to a point where it can never really be good enough, then watch everyone get salty.

The things mentioned will be the headline features that they've consciously fixed.  There will be other smaller things that did that aren't mentioned.  there are bigger things that won't have been attempted and won't be fixed, and there will be others that won't have been attempted but might have changed slightly.

But yeah, much better to start trotting out software development tidbits to try and seem like you know what you're talking about, then throw a strop when no-one agrees.

3 minutes ago, Lexis said:

Answer has been given above. You're supposed to play the game and figure it out on your own.

Yes I understood that.. And that is exactly why I made the point that I did.

I feel like SI should just make complete patch notes instead of this. Patch notes are exciting not something that you should just get overwith.

1 minute ago, forameuss said:

Always fun to see an update being built up to a point where it can never really be good enough, then watch everyone get salty.

The things mentioned will be the headline features that they've consciously fixed.  There will be other smaller things that did that aren't mentioned.  there are bigger things that won't have been attempted and won't be fixed, and there will be others that won't have been attempted but might have changed slightly.

But yeah, much better to start trotting out software development tidbits to try and seem like you know what you're talking about, then throw a strop when no-one agrees.

Yep. Clearly the only user asking about this :))

1 minute ago, ChrisBuxton said:

Why has the information box which shows player injuries etc (normally above the statistics on the attributes page) been removed?

It's still there for me so I don't think it has.