FM18: Arsenal - Victoria Concordia Crescit

gandrasch

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing the UEL the first season allow me to play all youngsters, they did an amazing job. Macey, Bielik, Willock, Dragomir, Sheaf and Bola besides the obvious ones like Nketiah, Maitland, Nelson and Adelaide whom now are part of the first team.

10 minutes ago, feche said:

Playing the UEL the first season allow me to play all youngsters, they did an amazing job. Macey, Bielik, Willock, Dragomir, Sheaf and Bola besides the obvious ones like Nketiah, Maitland, Nelson and Adelaide whom now are part of the first team.

It’s the one benefit of being in the Europa League youngsters get minutes it actually gave Maitland Niles a career with me he’s Bellerins backup 

Finishing the second season, this is my team:

GK: Cech, Lafont, Berke Ozer

RB: Bellerín, Chambers

RCD: Mustafi, Holding

LCD: Koscielny, De Ligt

LB: Kolasinac, Monreal

CMR: Ramsey, Milinkovic-Savic, Maitland-Niles

CML: Diawara, Wilshere

AMR: Asensio, Nelson

AMC: Goretzka. Iwobi

AML: Brandt, Adelaide

ST: Lacazette, Giroud, Nketiah

Sold in:

January 2018.

Alexis 93M Euros

Ozil 27,5M Euros

Walcott 21,5M Euros.

Sold in July 2018

Xhaka 55M

Coquelin 36M

Welbeck 35M

El-Neny 26M

Campbell 16M

Ospina 12M

Bought in January 2018

Goretzka 16M

Brandt 40+40M

Asensio 88M

De Ligt 43M but loaned back 6 months.

In July 2018

Milinkovic Savic 56M

Diawara 53M

Lafont 33.5M

Ozer 2.3M

15 minutes ago, Yoeri said:

Do you guys play every game with the same tactic? 

Or do you play another mentality against 'top' teams at home or away?

Curious about others :D 

Tend to go most games with the 3-4-3 only a few times I strayed from that to a 4-2-3-1 and that’s when I’m facing a team low in the league who just want to sit back but that change is usually during the game when I can see they’re just looking to frustrate so yeah I always start 3-4-3 

11 minutes ago, TheBigBoss said:

Tend to go most games with the 3-4-3 only a few times I strayed from that to a 4-2-3-1 and that’s when I’m facing a team low in the league who just want to sit back but that change is usually during the game when I can see they’re just looking to frustrate so yeah I always start 3-4-3 

Cool. How is your 3-4-3 looking? Exactly like Arsenal this season (I see it as a 3-4-2-1) or as Johan Cruyf did with Barcelona? :D 

After I pulled the Leverkusen on my first attempt, my second attempt at long-term Arsenal save seems to be miles better.

My first save I played with traditional 4231, and tried to apply high-press style, resulted in runner-up in all competitions.

This time I try to play 3 at the back, base loosely on Arsenal IRL. Won every silverware in England. Only down side is that our youths/B Team only reached quater final of EL.

5a39580e3c525_Arsenal_Competitions.thumb.png.b32bff17fec2813cd9e9607ebf7f65d4.png

This is the table.

5a39594927b48_PremierLeague_OverviewStages.thumb.png.f11287ffc7543823c461b554a2f82dd0.png

And this is my version of 343/32221/3421/5221/523 or whatever you call it. Unfortunately, Özil got injured for 4 months, so I rotate Jeff-IF(s)/Welbeck-W(s)/Walcott-W(s) on the AMR slot. And I actually play Coq as BWM(s) (change to CM(d) when booked) more than Xhaka. AMN did solid job on both BBM and DLP duties, he even played WBR and WBL in some games.

5a3959a9067a4_Arsenal_Overview-3.thumb.png.06c7e264ba79899a33b48b847637bf5b.png

After we won the league, I tried to play around with the tactic and it is my first time using RPM, which I'm very excited about. And we'll go into next season with this version of 343.

5a395af5072cf_Arsenal_Overview-2.thumb.png.924393ef3567e8822787a9380bbaf36d.png

In terms of players.

Straight into 1st team squad:

• Bielik
  • AMN
  • Jeff

Transfer out - summer 17/18:

• Alexis - 60M to City
  • Debuchy - 7M to Southampton

Transfer in - summer 17/18:

• Laporte - 58M
  • Fraser Forster - 35.5M (39.5M)
  • Mario - 12M (13.5M) - right back from Villarreal

Transfer out - winter 17/18:

• Elneny - 25.5M to Liverpool

Transfer in - winter 17/18:

• none.

And now as of summer 18/19 I'm selling Walcott (he said back in december that he wanted a new challenge), Xhaka, and Ospina. And bringing in Donnarumma, Lars Bender, Lallana, and Gaya.

Really looking forward to continue using 343, even though Wenger's just changed back to 4231 IRL.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Yoeri:

Do you guys play every game with the same tactic? 

Or do you play another mentality against 'top' teams at home or away?

Curious about others :D 

vor 53 Minuten schrieb TheBigBoss:

I play with 343 but slightly different from @TheBigBoss. And I use only one tactic all season long, no matter what team I‘m facing. Confidence (or stubbornness :lol:) is key. But I do change the settings during the match though, depends on the situation. 

Intro:

I’ve never posted before so please bear with me!

I’m a huge Arsenal fan from the US so my goal was to not to revolutionize the squad as that’s against the principles of the club, but to instead build a young team capable of evolving around the old guard to make an elite powerhouse, and if I can bring in some young American talent then that’s great!

Transfers:

My only signing in he Summer was Pulisic for 30 million US plus addons.

I tried to sell Debuchy and Walcott with no much in the first window but both remain listed going into January with Debuchy attracting interest.

My only disappointment of note was being knocked out of the Carabao Cup in the first round, which is probably the gunners’ worst performance in the competition. That’s irrelevant though because we sit atop the prem 8 points above Man U with an undefeated season going strong into early January. 

As far as my tactics go I was trying to implement the new 3 at the back with little success. I eventually tried a hybrid of what Man City seem to be doing in real life which is outscore everyone with their 4-3-3. My results were odd however. With a midfield three of Xhaka (Elneny or Coquelin against top teams, especially away), Rambo, and Ozil (Iwobi, Ozil was hurt) I can’t concede! Cech and the boys have allowed 8 goals all season, we’re scoring too as teams have to push up to break us down. I’m not against tweaking as that’s how FM should be right? Fix it if it’s broken and screw with it if it works! 

I read a great article on paininthearsenal.com about the new floater DM role that Wenger has been trying to use in cup comps at arsenal. Elneny and Coquelin haven’t latched on per say but it looks a nice idea. With a smart assured defender sitting between the midfield and defense choosing when to aid either line we have an extra player where needed. This also allows the wingbacks (mainly Bellerin) more freedom which is what I’ve been after. I’m thinking the halfback role is perfect for test implementation.

Last thing, sitting first easily should I cash in on Alexis and start the replacement search or let him go for a free in six months and really push to be invincible and win all comps so I have max funds? 

Sorry for the long post, hope y’all like it. Will be back at the end of season 1!

Hello all, been enjoying reading this thread since 18 came out. It took me a while into my first season to have that "hooked feeling" but I definitely am now. 

Some screenies below to show how my first season went. 

As you can see, 2nd in the league & winning the Europa League for my first season. Pretty chuffed overall. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 18.04.24.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 18.05.05.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 18.05.53.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 18.06.26.png

I don't know what it is with FM18 but I'm really struggling to get going.

In FM17 I had probably the best save I've ever managed, went 8 seasons and won 5 titles, CL, Europa League and various cups and loved it. 

Struggling to get going at all this time around. I've slogged on until January but I think I've overspend and bought random players with no system in mind...

I think I'm going to start again and possibly even disable initial transfer windows.

Or keep them open just to bin off Xhaka and Iwobi (irrational real life dislike coming through!)

Anyone else sometimes struggle to get going with new games?

13 hours ago, BrickCommo23 said:

I don't know what it is with FM18 but I'm really struggling to get going.

In FM17 I had probably the best save I've ever managed, went 8 seasons and won 5 titles, CL, Europa League and various cups and loved it. 

Struggling to get going at all this time around. I've slogged on until January but I think I've overspend and bought random players with no system in mind...

I think I'm going to start again and possibly even disable initial transfer windows.

Or keep them open just to bin off Xhaka and Iwobi (irrational real life dislike coming through!)

Anyone else sometimes struggle to get going with new games?

Stupid game, you fire it up to check coach names for your restart, only for this to happen. Best performance of the season:

20171225125642_1.thumb.jpg.8dc9e974df7c4c2c1a0ec87f0448bf83.jpg

2 games before the end of the 1st season.. Sitting 2nd, 3points behind Chelsea and playing uefa cup final against Everton... 

A very good first season in general, happy from the most of my players and from 2 of my 3 summer transfers(Danilo Pereira - Pulisic) except Leno, as I think I've overpaid (33M) for a rotation GK. I thought he was going to be my first choice in 1-2 seasons, but  he dropped to 3 stars rating from 3 and a half,although he played 20-25 matches and he was quite decent(7.05 average) Probably will transfer list him but I'll never get as much as I paid for him.

In January I sold Wilshire and I brought Corea from Atletico for 16M, but he didn't perform much.. maybe next season will be better 

Giroud, Walcott, Mertezacker and Lacazete were the best performers of the season. 

I'll not change too much next season,2-3 transfers the most..a DC, an AMR and maybe a DL.

5 hours ago, tzanet23 said:

except Leno, as I think I've overpaid (33M) for a rotation GK. I thought he was going to be my first choice in 1-2 seasons, but  he dropped to 3 stars rating from 3 and a half,although he played 20-25 matches and he was quite decent(7.05 average)

I got Leno as a long term replacement for Cech & he has taken over entirely about a quarter of my way through my second season. He's been superb man! 

15 hours ago, WillyBroadband said:

I got Leno as a long term replacement for Cech & he has taken over entirely about a quarter of my way through my second season. He's been superb man! 

That's interesting.. 

Maybe I 'll give him one more season a try.. 

How much did you pay for him? Because I still think I overpaid for him 

AkfVzWS.jpg

Finished my season last night, won the league with a game left, couldn't seem to shake off Tottenham! It was 4 points ahead of them before we beat Swansea and they drew against Crystal Palace.

Europa League - Got knocked out by Sevilla in 2nd round knockout, first leg really cost us, as Cech made a huge error to give them 1-0 win, but we only drew 1-1 in 2nd leg :( Sporting Libson won in the final over Athletic Bilbao.

FA Cup - Went out in 6th Round to Leicester. Liverpool beat Leicester 4-3 in the final.

Carabao Cup - Went out in Semi Final against Chelsea. 4-3 on agg. Disappointed as we was 3-1 up against them at home in first leg, until Morata, got 2 late goals. Lost 1-0 away. Chelsea went on to win it.

Best Eleven.

p5WU4OL.jpg

I am surprised to see Ozil, not making it starting 11 :eek: But proud of Eddie Nketiah, making it :cool: 

Players stats

J9aOAau.jpg

Been given 200M to spend next season, might look at bringing in right winger and a defender. And shift deadwood players out of the club, looking at promoting Joe Willock to first team, as he has been great for U's23. Also brought in Toni Lato in January, to compete for left back role with Sead.

On 12/27/2017 at 11:06, BrickCommo23 said:

Quick question but has anyone (who kept him) played Sanchez as a Raumdeuter (or however you spell it)?

His match ratings are solid above 7’s there for me but he doesn’t score enough. Granted I played him on the right hand side as a ramdeuter and when he and Ozil/my other left winger swapped positions he moved to the left as an inside forwards. I play 4-1-2-3 DM Wide btw

On 11/13/2017 at 00:06, Reece3 said:

For Rb I went for Jonny (Spanish) for 10 mil. Can play both Rb and Lb. He will replace Monreal in the 2nd or 3rd season. I am also scouting Rasmus Nissen from FC Midtjyland, apparently a great young buy for around 2-4 mil.

How is your save going mate?

How did jonny worked out for you? 

I'm thinking about buying him to my Espanyol side, although his mental and defensive numbers are really good, his offensive limitations do worry me. 

17 hours ago, arsenalthebest said:

so thinking of replacing Ozil at the end of the current season(2nd) or 3rd season any ideas? dont want to spend any more them £80m or pay more then 200k/week in wages

I'd Prefer a home grown player but it's not all that important  

I sold him at the end of my first season, dude, with Marco Asensio coming in as a replacement. He was transfer listed by request & so far in my second season, he's been superb. 

17 hours ago, arsenalthebest said:

so thinking of replacing Ozil at the end of the current season(2nd) or 3rd season any ideas? dont want to spend any more them £80m or pay more then 200k/week in wages

I'd Prefer a home grown player but it's not all that important  

Personally, I would go for Wilshere.

Just started season 2 

In: Tom Davies - 14.25m (£25m)

Julio Ceasar - £1.4m

Mario Lemina - £30.5m

Piotr Zielinski - £28.5m(£35m) plus Cazorla

Andre Silva - £47.5m(£56m)

Mattia Caldara - £11.5m plus Koscielny

Callum Wilson - £40m(£51.5m)

Pietro Pellegri - £5m

Lucas Tousart £11m( £19m)

Marcus Tavernier - £2m

Demari Gray - Loan

Trent Alexander-Arnold - Loan

Jordan Pickford - £7.5m

Nordi Mukiele £9m(£16m)

Predraj Rajkovic £5m

Josh Tymon £11.25m

Matt O'Riley £6m

Total: £229m

Out

Alexis - Free

Chuba Akpom - £1.2m

Granit Xhaka - £45m

Danny Welbeck - £58m

Aaron Ramsey - £70m

Theo Walcott - £49m

Lucas Perez - £ 32.5m

Takuma Asano - £9m

Moahmmed Elneny - £33.5m 

Carl Jenkinson - £3.5m

Petr Cech - £8m

David Ospina 5.75m

Diego Ladan/Maximillano Romero/Josh Tymon/Matt o'Riley/Diogo Dalot/Josh Dasilva/Jeff Reine-Adelaide/Stephy Mavididi/Marcus Tavernier/Pietro Pellegri  - Loaned

Total: £315.5m

1st season ended 

2nd place in EPL and won the europa cup(3-0 against Everton) 

2018-19 summer transfers in:

Asensio 56M - Grimaldo 50M - De Vrijl 26M - Pereira (DR from Porto) 19M - Tierney (DL from Celtic) 28M

Out:

Welbeck 47M - Kolacinac 60M - Jenkinson 4,2M - Asano 7,5M - Martinez 4,8M - Akpom 750k - Hassan 7M

Loaned out : Holding, Jeff, Xadas 

So the squad is:

GK : Chech/Leno

DR : Bellerin /Pereira 

DC : Koscelny /Mustafi/De Vrijl/ Sarr - (Chambers) 

DL : Grimaldo/Tierney 

CM : Ramsey /Xhaka/Danilo Pereira/Coq

AMR : Walcott /Iwobi - (Nelson) 

AMC : Ozil/Asensio

AML : Pulisic/Correa

ST : Lacazete/Giroud - (Lucas) 

So far, pre season went well, but we lost the super cup 2-1 against Atletico. At squad bonuses I chose high team bonus for the EPL to give some motivation to the players for  the first spot. 

14 hours ago, arsenalthebest said:

Good start from Nketiah 5 goals & an assist in 4 games

Unfortunately in my save Nketiah has average potential. 

M. Niles is also average. 

The best Giroud replacement I can think is Belloti, you can get him for 45-50M. His atts are  very good, but many big teams want him so you must hurry. 

But if Nketiah is good in your save, you should give him a chance 

11 minutes ago, tzanet23 said:

Unfortunately in my save Nketiah has average potential. 

M. Niles is also average. 

The best Giroud replacement I can think is Belloti, you can get him for 45-50M. His atts are  very good, but many big teams want him so you must hurry. 

But if Nketiah is good in your save, you should give him a chance 

Belotti is insane - playing a 3-5-2 with Arsenal, and he has in 98 games he has 95 goals playing as an Advanced Forward.

52 of those goals are so far this season, in 39(2) games. 

Cost £46mil.

I think I have messed up my first season with Arsenal, bought too many players without knowing what system I wanted to use and now I'm in a pickle.

I just went out of the EL to FC Koln. That was my fault as I played a load of youngsters in the away leg and lost 2-0. I restored the first XI in second leg at home but despite battering them we only managed 1 goal and went out.

I am currently 4th in the league - about 15 points off Chelsea who are top and hoping to keep Southampton (!!) City and Spurs behind me. Otherwise, I guess the job may well be on the line! 

I have managed to sign Goretzka on a free transfer for next season, just hoping I will still be there!

This is my system - which sometimes works amazingly and we spend the entire game camped in their half and dominating possession (as I want to do) and sometimes is terrible with 50/50 possession and no shots. It's odd as even with analysing tactics of the opposition there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason (at least not to me anyway).

20180101223147_1.thumb.jpg.36d0ca474c322d9f137cab078d90d262.jpg20180101223159_1.thumb.jpg.b8027a0ec032c456a2a072518428b4dc.jpg

0267b077-8b03-4e92-b982-827461bb1a1c_zps

August Report

18/08/2018 | Premier League | Emirates

GK: Rajkovic 7.5  ,  DRBellerin 8.6  ,  DCR: De Ligt 9  ,   DCL: Koulibaly   ,  DL: Flanagan 8.4  ,  MCR: Lemina 7.1  ,  MCL: Zielinski 8.3  ,   AMR: Iwobi 8( Coqulien 63 - DMC: 6.8)  , AML: Pulisic 8.3(Özil 45/6.8)

STCR: Wilson 9.4(PoM) , STCL:  Giroud 8.3

Arsena5: Pulisic 7 , Giroud 15 , Wilson 21 & 26 , Lemina Sent Off 37 , Lacazette 67 | Assists: Özil/De Light/Lemina/Iwobi/Giroud x1                                                                                                                                                                                                             Bristol City 0: 

25/08/2018 | Premier League | King Power

GK:   WBR: Bellerin 7.2( Sidibe 68/6.8)  ,  DCR: Caldara 7.7  ,  DC: Mustafi 7.3( De Ligt 68/6.8)  ,  DCL: Koulibaly 7.9  ,  WBL: Chilwell 7.9  ,  MCR: Tousart 6.7( Coquelin 52/6.6)   ,  MCL:  Davies 7.7   ,    AMR: Nelson 9.2   ,  AML: Iwobi 9.5  ,  STC: Nketiah  8.7  

Arsenal 4:  Iwobi 33 & 41 , Nelson 52 , Nketiah 82 | Assists: Bellerín/Nelson/Iwobi/Nketiah x1

Leicester 0: 

1 hour ago, Ragingsheep said:

Did anyone start the game with the first transfer window disabled? Did you get any substantial funds for the winter transfer window?

I always have it closed to start with, sold Welbeck for £46.5m to City and Mustafi to Chelsea for £45m. Though these were probably so high as neither were up for sale and both playing well. Think the board gave me £159m too.

4 hours ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

ex0HYRc.png

Won the league first season, then had an awful second season (finished 6th) and sacked at the start of season 3...

Tough luck that mate. I still remember your narrow 4231 saving my bacon on FM17!

Reckon you can face starting again?

10 hours ago, BrickCommo23 said:

I think I have messed up my first season with Arsenal, bought too many players without knowing what system I wanted to use and now I'm in a pickle.

I just went out of the EL to FC Koln. That was my fault as I played a load of youngsters in the away leg and lost 2-0. I restored the first XI in second leg at home but despite battering them we only managed 1 goal and went out.

I am currently 4th in the league - about 15 points off Chelsea who are top and hoping to keep Southampton (!!) City and Spurs behind me. Otherwise, I guess the job may well be on the line! 

I have managed to sign Goretzka on a free transfer for next season, just hoping I will still be there!

This is my system - which sometimes works amazingly and we spend the entire game camped in their half and dominating possession (as I want to do) and sometimes is terrible with 50/50 possession and no shots. It's odd as even with analysing tactics of the opposition there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason (at least not to me anyway).

20180101223147_1.thumb.jpg.36d0ca474c322d9f137cab078d90d262.jpg20180101223159_1.thumb.jpg.b8027a0ec032c456a2a072518428b4dc.jpg

Who is going to provide the assists? All of your three attacking trio is on an attack duty. Ramsey is providing assists while a BBM-player not quite makes the play imo. 

15 minutes ago, Yoeri said:

Who is going to provide the assists? All of your three attacking trio is on an attack duty. Ramsey is providing assists while a BBM-player not quite makes the play imo. 

Hi,

Thanks for the comment, appreciated.

Can I ask what you mean about the BBM?

Edit: Although I may well just copy @ekstromlars set up from a couple pages back...

13 minutes ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Hi,

Thanks for the comment, appreciated.

Can I ask what you mean about the BBM?

Edit: Although I may well just copy @ekstromlars set up from a couple pages back...

In my opinion the BBM is not a playmaker. More like a player who's there, but also not. He's just playing along. For me, a Mezzala (attack) works great. I use Ramsey and Ozil in this role.

It's a lot more fun if you make your own tactic. But it's your choice :) 

0267b077-8b03-4e92-b982-827461bb1a1c_zps

September Report

02/09/2018 | Premier League | Emirates

GK: Rajkovic 7.1  ,  WBR: Bellerín 7  ,   DCR: Mustafi 7.6  ,  DC: Cladara 7.6  ,  DCL: Koulibaly 7.5   ,   WBL: Chilwell 7  ,  MCR: Coquelin 7.1  ,  MCL: Almeida( Wilshere 61/6.8)  , AMR: Gray 8.3  ,  AML: Campbell 7.8  ,  STC: Nketiah 8.6(PoM)

Arsenal 3: ( Nketiah 7 , Gray 11 , Nketiah 54 | Assists: Campbell/Almeida x1)

Stoke 0:    

15/09/2018 | Premier League | Molinuex

GK: Rajkovic 6.9 ,  WBR:  Bellerín 8.4  ,  DCR: De Ligt 7  ,  DC: Holding 6.3  ,   DCL: Mukiele 7  ,  WBL: Chilwell 6.9  ,  MCR: Coquelin 6.7  ,  MCL: Davies 6.9( Wilshre 64/6.8)   ,   AMR: Gray 8.8(PoM)  ,  AML: Campbell 6.5(Özil 45/8.3)  ,  STC: Nketiah 6.6( Wilson 45/8.2)

Arsenal 3: Campbell 22 , Özil 49 , Wilson 86 | Assists: Bellerín/Özil/Gray x1

Wolves 1: Lanzafame 19 

18/09/2018 | UEFA Champions League(Group Stage) |Neckarstadion

GK: Rajkovic 7.1  ,  DR: Bellerín 8.1   ,  DCR: Caldar 6.8  ,   DCL: Mustafi 6.9   ,  DL: Flanagan 6.9  ,  MCR: Coquelin 7.5    ,  MCL: Zielinski 8.2  ,   AMR: Lacazette 9.2(PoM , Campbell 57/6.7)   ,   AMC: Wilshere 8.8  ,  AML: Silva 7.8  ,  STC: 8.8

Arsenal 5: Lacazette (pen) 6 , Nketiah 31 , Lacazette 38 , Silva 45 , Nketiah 54 | Assits: Flanagan/Wilshere/Silva x1

Stuttgart 3:  

1 hour ago, Yoeri said:

In my opinion the BBM is not a playmaker. More like a player who's there, but also not. He's just playing along. For me, a Mezzala (attack) works great. I use Ramsey and Ozil in this role.

It's a lot more fun if you make your own tactic. But it's your choice :) 

Ah thank you for the clarification, much appreciated. 

And I do agree with you on the tactics front, I'm just really struggling with 18 for some reason and feeling a tad desperate!

Second season went so much better than I thought it would! Won the Super Cup, League Cup, League & amazingly the Champions League, as well. My run to winning the CL was so difficult & I rode my luck on more than a few occasions. Check my screenie below to see. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 13.18.32.png

1 hour ago, WillyBroadband said:

Second season went so much better than I thought it would! Won the Super Cup, League Cup, League & amazingly the Champions League, as well. My run to winning the CL was so difficult & I rode my luck on more than a few occasions. Check my screenie below to see. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 13.18.32.png

Nicely Done! Your home form is impressive!!

Archived