FM18: Arsenal - Victoria Concordia Crescit

gandrasch

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 22:11, BrickCommo23 said:

What's your system looking like mate? Great league finish that.

Sorry if you've already put it somewhere else...

Hey BrickCommo!

Same as you mate, the asymmetric 4-1-4-1.

Use a wing support on the right with and IF higher up on the left.

Season 2 has been a crazy start! First 10 games (including friendlies) we haven't conceded a goal. Donnarumma has been good, which helps.

Brexit email just cam through!! Hope this doesn't ruin my save....really enjoying this squad.

Started planning in the previous window. Everton got relegated so I unsettled Tom Davies and ended up having a 4.3 mil bid accepted (Crazy).  

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Reece3 said:

Hey BrickCommo!

Same as you mate, the asymmetric 4-1-4-1.

Use a wing support on the right with and IF higher up on the left.

Season 2 has been a crazy start! First 10 games (including friendlies) we haven't conceded a goal. Donnarumma has been good, which helps.

Brexit email just cam through!! Hope this doesn't ruin my save....really enjoying this squad.

Started planning in the previous window. Everton got relegated so I unsettled Tom Davies and ended up having a 4.3 mil bid accepted (Crazy).  

The asymmetric is still working nicely for me too. Unfortunately, I might have left it a little late for the title this season but we shall see! 

Thanks for the reply.

Started an Arsenal save last night. 

Playing with a simple 4-2-3-1 wide, control and flexible with more closing down and passing from the back. 

Sold Ospina, Debuchy and Elhneny. 

Bought Rulli, Johny and Sturraro. 

Ozil agreed new contract and planning to give Nelson and Iwobi plenty of chances. 

Played only 2 matches, 1 win at home and 1 draw away with Newcastle... Let's see how it goes.. 

49 minutes ago, Yoeri said:

@tzanet23 How's it going right now?

I am doing well. 

Kolasinac is underrated so I am having contract talks with Grimaldo from Benfica. Excellent player for Arsenal. Spanish backs for the win I guess?

Spanish fullbaks ftw!
Bayern Munich came offering 50 million euro for Kolasinac so brought in Bernat instead. 

6 minutes ago, ekstromlars said:

Spanish fullbaks ftw!
Bayern Munich came offering 50 million euro for Kolasinac so brought in Bernat instead. 

I prefered to sign up Theo Hernandez, but Grimaldo seems like a good attacking back. I don't like Bernat, but idont even know why haha.

@Yoeri I'll continue tomorrow I'll have all night to play.. 😀

Kollacinac seems OK for the first season, and more than enough for rotation 2nd season, maybe 3rd (if not sold until then) 

Bought Sturraro because I'm playing with BWM  and Elhneny isn't that type of player. 

Johny is a very decent player for rotation and Rulli is more than enough for 2nd GK

I'll update how the season goes 

January 2018 update

I disabled the first window as I wanted to go into the season with the actual arsenal squad

• I find myself 4 points off United despite only scoring 27 goals in 21 league games, Lacazette has struggled as has Giroud 
  • The 3-4-2-1 formation I find myself playing is solid defensively but not the best going forward but it's the shape I want to progress with
  • Ozil signed a new 4 year deal but Alexis was playing as bad as he has in real life finishing games with 6.2 so I sold him to PSG for £30mil which is pretty good
  • The search for Alexis' replacement begins do I go all out and trigger Griezmanns release clause doubt he'd be interested, Draxler is an option he's actually unhappy Alexis joined, Fekir is another option but Lyon slapped a £68mil pricetag on him
  • Suggestions on the Alexis replacement are welcome
  • Tempted to try and sign Dolberg or Dembele to try and add goals but I may just wait until the summer to see if better options want to come

I've been trying to bring through some of the youngsters and have played them in the Europa League, Maitland Niles should be retrained to a wing back he does a very good job there and worth trying to give minutes to Nketiah and Sheaf both have put in some very good performances for me in Europe

4 hours ago, disaccharide said:

I'm currently 11 games in in 1st season. Sitting 2nd with 5 points below Man Utd.

But my point here is that I don't know what happened to Liverpool after we beat them 4-1 at home. They simply went downhill.

arsliv02.jpg

Ha. You've obviously broken them!

3 hours ago, BrickCommo23 said:

I'm in December on season 1 and Poch has been sacked, as Spurs were 13th and Guardiola is also on the brink as they are 7th.

Are people finding that fairly common?

Poch, Conte and Pep all sacked. How silly and unrealistic. 

11 hours ago, TheBigBoss said:

January 2018 update

I disabled the first window as I wanted to go into the season with the actual arsenal squad

• I find myself 4 points off United despite only scoring 27 goals in 21 league games, Lacazette has struggled as has Giroud 
  • The 3-4-2-1 formation I find myself playing is solid defensively but not the best going forward but it's the shape I want to progress with
  • Ozil signed a new 4 year deal but Alexis was playing as bad as he has in real life finishing games with 6.2 so I sold him to PSG for £30mil which is pretty good
  • The search for Alexis' replacement begins do I go all out and trigger Griezmanns release clause doubt he'd be interested, Draxler is an option he's actually unhappy Alexis joined, Fekir is another option but Lyon slapped a £68mil pricetag on him
  • Tempted to try and sign Dolberg or Dembele to try and add goals but I may just wait until the summer to see if better options want to come

I've been trying to bring through some of the youngsters and have played them in the Europa League, Maitland Niles should be retrained to a wing back he does a very good job there and worth trying to give minutes to Nketiah and Sheaf both have put in some very good performances for me in Europe

I got £70m from City for Alexis in the summer. Signed Hazard for £195m, who is smashing it. Go big or go home! ;) 

4 minutes ago, toby14 said:

I got £70m from City for Alexis in the summer. Signed Hazard for £195m, who is smashing it. Go big or go home! ;) 

Tried for Griezmann isn’t interested as I’m not in the CL, decisions decisions do I get Draxler or Fekir who’d come now or wait until the summer, I think I need someone now if I’m honest might just go for Draxler 

Currently in January in my first season.. 

- You can squeeze £70m out of City for Alexis (£40m up front) 

- Sold Cech for £20m and replaced with Donnaruma 

- You can sign Hazard as a replacement for Alexis, 185 PA for £195m

- Diawara is a fantastic, young CDM, 169 fixed PA. £35m

- Signed Asensio in January, another 185 PA for £103m 

- Signed Fekir for £29m, great squad option 

- Moise Keane is arriving from Juventus in the summer for £28m 

- Pietro Pellegri arrived in January for £12m 

:hammer:

2 minutes ago, TheBigBoss said:

Tried for Griezmann isn’t interested as I’m not in the CL, decisions decisions do I get Draxler or Fekir who’d come now or wait until the summer, I think I need someone now if I’m honest might just go for Draxler 

Fekir is class, Lyon willing to part with him for just £30m at the start. 

It depends on your tactics and player roles. I'd rather wait for Griezmann than sign Draxler 

1 hour ago, toby14 said:

Fekir is class, Lyon willing to part with him for just £30m at the start. 

It depends on your tactics and player roles. I'd rather wait for Griezmann than sign Draxler 

They slapped a 68mil price tag on Fekir not sure if I can wait until the summer my team were struggling for goals as it is I’m playing a 3-4-2-1 similar to the real life formation 

Hi, heads up for long post.

First season
But I just finished the first season with Arsenal. Went quite well, securing 4 of 5 titles.
With 2 fixtures left we were 2 points behind City but managed to get 6 points against Watford & WBA while they drew away against Tottenham & Newcastle. 

Were a bit scared of PSG in the Euro Cup but Villarreal somehow managed to beat them in the semifinals despite losing in Paris. Lacazette took care of the rest.

5a1dd6a912da3_Skarmavbild2017-11-28kl_22_49_20.thumb.png.d1910c534c040851d8d67e5047f561ed.png

The Tactic

I posted my tactic in this thread earlier (about 15 matches into the season) but have tweaked it a bit since then.

Made the following adjustments:
The Inside Forward to the right became Winger (Support)
The right side fullback became a Inverted fullback (Support)
And the Mezzala (attack) became Central Midfield (attack)

After those adjustments everything just fell into place. 
The trio of Weigl, Goretzka & Milinkovic-Savic were beasts. Tearing everything up!

Still having to shoehorn in Özil but he is doing great when given the chance as the Central mid (Attack). Better against low defences than Milinkovic-Savic.

The role of Inverted Wingback isn't ideal for Bellerin but he is actually doing a fine job in both the build-up & counters but I am currently re-training him for Winger-role & Coquelin for the Inverted fullback-role.

Our form from February was something else...
We played some wonderful football & it was nice to see the team both break teams down via the companionship between Goretzka/Weigl & Savic but also hit them on the counter via Nelson, Bellerinm Iwobi etc. 
No freak results, just solid 2-0 wins with complete control. Having 55-60% possession and dominating shots on target. 

5a1dd6abc62d8_Skarmavbild2017-11-28kl_22_50_20.thumb.png.d0ea1fe97d865dc173a2671455828861.png5a1dd8512bcc7_Skarmavbild2017-11-28kl_22_54_44.thumb.png.3b7886766f713c601eaf67fa45560b1e.png

Did anyone say Golden Boy?

One player really soared after the switch to a Winger - Reiss Nelson.

Wow, what a player. Became my first choice on the position with quality performances against all kinds of opponents. The game against Manchester United became the pinnacle on his season, scoring once & 2 assists in the 3-1 win. 
Must be a contender for the Golden Boy award & the England World Cup squad. 

5a1dd6aebb84a_Skarmavbild2017-11-28kl_22_50_59.thumb.png.fe1b9aad619087c3d047a81061419563.png5a1dd6a634c44_Skarmavbild2017-11-27kl_22_31_27.thumb.png.804c1c0be5367b4a77b68eb27725d41b.png

Now what?

This was my "test save", wanted to try the new roles & get a feel for the game so this was never suppose to be a long term save. But atm I love my midfield trio & young starlets so I might carry on. Still need to improve my results against top teams & CL might prove a different challenge.

21 hours ago, TheBigBoss said:

January 2018 update

End of window update

• Now only a point off United but so are City looking like a very interesting title race something I didn't expect to be involved in this season
  • I got Draxler in on loan, idea behind that is there'll be better options available in the summer if not and Draxler does the business I'll sign him
  • Signed Dolberg nicked him off Spurs last minute :) with Giroud and maybe Welbeck departing in the summer thought I could do with some cover there
  • Sold our current longest serving player Walcott to Newcastle to be fair he came to me and said he wanted a new challenge with the 3-4-3 I play there was no space for him so best for all parties, got £15mil
  • Maitland Niles has been a revelation at RWB honestly long term I think Debuchy will go in the summer and Niles will be Bellerins back up, talk about playing your way into the managers plans

On 12/11/2017 at 14:26, Ventricity said:

I'm half way on my second season. I won the first one after almost getting fired untill changing tactic and started winning around late october. I did not even qualify from the europa league group stage, I lost my first league cup match, and did not last much in the fa cup either. The tactic I changed to after being completely unable to get any tactic that didn't use wingers to work. Good tactic from some streamer.

Player bought first season: FMTransfers.thumb.png.59bafa54313bfeacac450fc3dbb9daaa.png

Second season: FMTransfers2.thumb.png.b3067811c4505ca174e53139fe7b5137.png

I went abit bananas with the spending second season as my goal is win champions league. But I could never seem to sell my players for much money, so I rather just let them go for very little just to get rid of them. I find it highly unlikely that no club wants a player like Aaron Ramsey or Xhaka for more money. 

Things I would do differently: 

Not buy Savic(really good, but not perfect for my formation), Ødegaard (too high wages, reminds me of Canales, but is improving), Villar (will never become good enough), Tierney(not home grown, not quite world class and injury prone) first season. I also bough some insane talents that probably won't get work permits for many years like Barco and Martinez.

Second season: 

Lemos for 17m was way too expensive and not worth it.

Lafont for 55M probably not worth it on short term, might be worth it long term.

Danilo Pereira not quite worth the price. Krychowiak is probably just as good in the defesive midfield role with defend duty and for far less and with much needed leadership skills.

Romagnoli is worth 13.5, but he is not nearly as good as on FM17.

Best buys so far; Nissen - bargain right back backup for Bellerin, Pulisic seems to be fanastic, Seri is great, Ceballos for 6m has been really good, Lozano is developing nicely for me as a right winger.

Other players: Too many injuries. I'm sick of players being injured all the time: Iwobi, Welbeck, Walcott, Ramsey. Walcott did really well on the right wing when he was playing though. Ramsey is very good as roaming playmaker. But I have no patience for overpaid injury prone players. 

Elneny is great in all roles, meaning he is not world class but the perfect player on FM because he is professional, well liked, good, but not good enough to command insane wages or playing time. Sanchez was a beast as inside forward and probably the main reason I won the league alongside Lacazette who started to score alot eventually. Özil was also good the first season, but second season he has dropped and i'm looking to sell him before third season. Ceck retired after the first season, probably because I placed him on the transfer list (mistake).

Was tierney any good?

when I scouted him first season he only had 3 star potential

I struggled to sell Alexis in the summer - PSG showed an interest towards the end of the year though. Rather than risk losing him for nothing, I offered him for Di Maria which was accepted. Not a like for like swap, but Di Maria should certainly help fill the hole that Alexis will leave!

End of 2017/18 

• Championes championes ole ole ole won the premierleague in my first season didn’t really expect to challenge but I finished a point ahead of City 

•  FA cup got to the final but had the embarrassment of losing to championship Sunderland 4-1 on penalties 

• Europa League lost in the semi final to Nice

Summer 2018 plans 

• sign a centre back as Per is retiring Monreal and Kos are the wrong side of 30 really tempted by Laporte but Manolas is very tempting especially at the price of £13mil

• Sign a centre mid lost Cazorla (Free) Elneny (PSG) and will sell Coquelin. Any ideas are welcome 

• Want another forward must decide between Pulisic and Insigne 

On 11/28/2017 at 12:42, toby14 said:

Currently in January in my first season.. 

- You can squeeze £70m out of City for Alexis (£40m up front) 

- Sold Cech for £20m and replaced with Donnaruma 

- You can sign Hazard as a replacement for Alexis, 185 PA for £195m

- Diawara is a fantastic, young CDM, 169 fixed PA. £35m

- Signed Asensio in January, another 185 PA for £103m 

- Signed Fekir for £29m, great squad option 

- Moise Keane is arriving from Juventus in the summer for £28m 

- Pietro Pellegri arrived in January for £12m 

:hammer:

Don't mean to moan but could you not post players PA's as its something i try to steer clear of as prefer to have no idea on a players current/potential ability cheers.

Started a new save with different approach.. This time I sold Alexis to Man City for 65M. I also sold Ospina(7.5M) , Debuchy(5.5M) , Elnheny(28M) and released a couple from the u23 squad. Also I didn't loan out no one under 20 y.o as I'm going to train them hard and play them in cup matches..

Brought in: Leno(33M) , Perreira(21M) , Pulisic(40M) , Xadas(7,5M) and I still have 57M left..!

So my team will be:

GK: Chech - Leno

DR: Bellerin - Chambers

CB: Koncielny - Mustafi - Mertesaker - Holding

DL: Kollacinac - Monreal

BWM: Coc - Perreira

DLP: Xaka - Ramsey

AMR: Walcot - Iwobi

AMC: Ozil - Wilshere

AML: Puliisic - Welbeck

CF: Lacazete - Giroud

In cup games,I'm going to play Niles , Jeff , Nelson , Xadas , Akpom and  a couple more

The tactic is a classic 4-2-3-1 wide control and balanced with more closing down,work into box and playing from the back

When I'll have a hard game or I'll want to keep my lead,I'll drop my BWM to the DM possition and from control to standard 

I only played community shield for now...won 2-0..!!

January transfer window 1st season just ended, I'm still sitting comfortably at 2nd place with 14 points behind United with one game in hand. Palace is a surprise, sitting 3rd.

To recap and document my save, this is the transfer activity of my 1st season.

Summer 17/18 out:

• Alexis to City for 66M
  • Debuchy to Southampton for 6.5M
  • And a few youngster loans incl. Holding to, of all the teams, Stoke.

Summer 17/18 in:

• Stepanenko - DM from Shakhtar for 34M - I play classic 4231 with CM(d) and BBM(s), so he's gonna be my backup for Coq and Elneny for sure, but he's got Model Professional personality and 17 Determination, so I couldn't helt but to sign him solely for tutoring purpose.
  • Layún - RB from Porto for 9.5M - Clearly Bellerín's backup. I planned to sign Vrsaljko though, but he said that he wanted to play for CL club, so bought Layún instead. 17 Determination is great for tutoring purpose. Defensively a bit subpar, imo; positioning, anticipation, tackling all 12, and 11 marking. But offensively a pretty decent backup; off the ball, acceleration, stamina all 14, 16 corners and 14 free kick, plus 17 crossing, and 15 passing. Real bargain.
  • Lautaro Martínez - ST from Racing (ARG) for 8.5M - Personally I don't like signing players from south america due to work permit thing, but I'd like to try to get some nice cash from him after a few seasons. He's currently on loan at Hertha BSC with 7 goals in 5 (5) apps. Valued at 15M.
  • Dolberg for 22.5M - You know, kinda must-sign lad. 3 goals and 3 assists in 9 (7) apps in Prem, and 4 goals and 2 assists in 5 (1) apps in EL. Not bad but could do better.
  • Sergio Rico - GK from Sevilla for 26.5M - Plan for Cech's retirement.

Winter 17/18 out:

• Giroud to Liverpool for 43M - Liverpool showed interest on him around december, and he came to me and said that he wanted to join Liverpool to play in CL. I said fine. Because things still went south for Liverpool after we beat them 4-1 at home earlier in the season. Come december Klopp got sacked, and now they are sitting comfortably at 14th. I'm 90% sure there's no CL or even EL football for Liverpool next season and hoping that I can get him back for peanut.
  • Xhaka on loan to Napoli - Well, I play CM(d) and BBM(s) and really have no idea how he can fit in this midfield duo. He's Ramsey's backup in BBM slot, but his 10 off the ball is unacceptable for players I wish to push forward.

Winter 17/18 in:

• Ángel Correa - AMC from Atlético for 19.5M - 19 Determination at the age of 22, I signed him immediately when I saw him, that was in summer. He said he wanted to play for CL club. So I said nvm. Comes december, he's on the transfer list, so I approched him again and he said ok. The problem is though, I play Jack as Özil's backup, so when Correa comes in, I move Jack to BBM slot. That's why Xhaka has to go.
  • Mascherano for 12.5M - He's listed. Leader with 19 Determination, he's surely gonna be the tutor.

1 hour ago, arsenalthebest said:

just got agreed a deal to sign Piotr Zielinski for 28.5m, 50% profit of next sale up to 6.7m in performence & appearance realted addons plus Cazorla will be arriving in the summer

Nice deal. Zielinksi looks great. However I like Cazorla, it's more realistic that you sell him because in real life he will not play a match soon I think. 

I miss our Spanish magician :( 

1 hour ago, Yoeri said:

2017 is over. 2018 here we come. Top of the league with Manchester United as my nearest competitor. 

Lacazette is amazing!

2a528da519b64e96df148da583be9ed4.png

Struggling big time with getting any consistency from Lacazette have him as CF(a) but in my first season scored around 14 all season

10 minutes ago, TheBigBoss said:

Struggling big time with getting any consistency from Lacazette have him as CF(a) but in my first season scored around 14 all season

I use him as a central forward support. Racking up the goals. Damn he's good.

Total goals of 32 in 29 games.

Within 3 days, Welbeck, Giroud, Coq, Elneny & Monreal all complained that they aren't getting any games. After talks with Kos/Per/Cech, all have dropped this issue. I'm happy with this :) But will miss the sway these three hold over the players when they eventually go in the next season or 2

25 minutes ago, gholliday87 said:

I do, just these guys are lower down the pecking order than others.

I have the same problem but I ask Cech/Koscielny/Mertesacker to take care of them and everytime they are moaning, my boys are handling it great. :D

2018/19 Update

Signings

• Goretzka 29mil
  • Manolas 13mil
  • Pulisic 56mil

Major Outgoings

• Elneny 22mil
  • Coquelin 10mil
  • Giroud 12mil

Defending our title has proved hard, feels like every team is stepping up when they face us as we're champions currently 6 points behind in January but a MASSIVE problem is our scoring 26 goals in 20 league games isn't good enough Lacazette and Dolberg I'm finding to be very injury prone which is frustrating me to the point I'm considering selling in the summer. It might just be my tactics you know I won the league last season with 55 goals scored surely a record lowest

13 hours ago, Yoeri said:

I have the same problem but I ask Cech/Koscielny/Mertesacker to take care of them and everytime they are moaning, my boys are handling it great. :D

Mine do as well, I'm just not sure if who ever steps up to fill their shoes will be able to do it as well.

On 11/13/2017 at 12:44, stgahoy said:

How is Lacazette doing for you guys ?  What roles suit him best?

Just grabbed him for my Juve side at the start of season 2, he was transfer listed by request for 40M it was a bargain I believe. Hope he can cope well with Higuain and Dybala in a 3 man attack.

play him as DLF in 4-2-3-1 formation. seven games into the season and he's scored 14 goals already for me, including 2 from penalty spot.he's a very good finisher.

On 11/27/2017 at 22:22, Yoeri said:

@tzanet23 How's it going right now?

I am doing well. 

Kolasinac is underrated so I am having contract talks with Grimaldo from Benfica. Excellent player for Arsenal. Spanish backs for the win I guess?

bought him in my previous two Arsenal saves in FM17. both times, he was very very good. i was contemplating whether to buy him or Guerrero from Dortmund. Didn't regret my decision.

Archived