FM18: Arsenal - Victoria Concordia Crescit

gandrasch

16 minutes ago, NabsKebabs said:

If Wenger was sacked at the start of the season and we had a good manager this season and were top of the league do you really think Sanchez would definitely be on his way out? In the game Sanchez seems to 100% of the time sign with City. I have seen saves where someone wins the league with Arsenal and they lose Sanchez to City who finish 6th and had sacked Pep. Not very realistic imo.

Yeah, I'd expect him to leave. His body language says he is already looking for a way out. It's not as if he hasn't won things at Arsenal, granted, it's only the FA cup, but that is still one of the oldest, and probably most prestigious domestic cup competitions in the world.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Hi all

How are people managing to sell Sanchez? I've had 3 saves so far (I'm very indecisive) and not one of them have I managed to sell Sanchez.

City are only ones interested and even then, it's only at end of the season on a free...

Try him in a swap deal?

43 minutes ago, gholliday87 said:

Yeah, I'd expect him to leave. His body language says he is already looking for a way out. It's not as if he hasn't won things at Arsenal, granted, it's only the FA cup, but that is still one of the oldest, and probably most prestigious domestic cup competitions in the world.

Well obviously he is currently looking for a way out. We still have the fraud Wenger and quite clearly aren't in contention for the title. i was saying it would be different if Wenger was sacked at the of 16/17 and new manager was brought in (effectively what we are doing when playing the game). 

14 minutes ago, NabsKebabs said:

Well obviously he is currently looking for a way out. We still have the fraud Wenger and quite clearly aren't in contention for the title. i was saying it would be different if Wenger was sacked at the of 16/17 and new manager was brought in (effectively what we are doing when playing the game). 

If I recall, Wenger was one of the main reasons why he signed, I don't think you can say if he wasn't the manager he would re-sign...I think it's a multitude of factors.

I think the reason why he signed for City, even though they finished 6th and Pep got sacked, in your example, is the fact that City is a club on the up, and I'm afraid, we're not. Even if Wenger went, it'd take a couple of years for an upswing again. Sanchez knows this, irl thus in the game, and he's in his prime years and wants to win stuff and earn lots of money.

9 hours ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Hi all

How are people managing to sell Sanchez? I've had 3 saves so far (I'm very indecisive) and not one of them have I managed to sell Sanchez.

City are only ones interested and even then, it's only at end of the season on a free...

Pretty much on day 2 or 3, I offered Sanchez out for 60 mil.

Liverpool, United, Chelsea and City all sent offers ranging from 33.5 mil to 45.5 mil.

I renegotiated with all four clubs and got 60 mil offers from Liverpool and City.

Accepted both....seems to always pick City.

9 hours ago, gholliday87 said:

If I recall, Wenger was one of the main reasons why he signed, I don't think you can say if he wasn't the manager he would re-sign...I think it's a multitude of factors.

I think the reason why he signed for City, even though they finished 6th and Pep got sacked, in your example, is the fact that City is a club on the up, and I'm afraid, we're not. Even if Wenger went, it'd take a couple of years for an upswing again. Sanchez knows this, irl thus in the game, and he's in his prime years and wants to win stuff and earn lots of money.

So if City finish 6th and Pep sacked, City would be on the way up but if we won the league we wouldn't? lol ok

Started my annual Arsenal save and had the below transfers:

Please note all prices in Australian Dollars

In:

Ser 38 mill, Goretzka 35 mil, Dembele (celtic) 30 mil, arthur 20mil, Malang Sarr 10mil (sent out on loan), Dolberg 30 mil, Van dijk20 mil and welbeck, Anderson 40 mil.

Angel Correa 13 mil,  Darmien 20 mil  and Bernet 17 mill all tranfer listed for very cheap all coming in Jan. 

Out:

Sanchez 74 mil sold in october so is leaving in Jan, Coq 54 mil, elheny 50 mil, xhaka 52 mil, mustafi 54 mil, wellbeck P/ex, monreal 25 mil, Debuchy 5 mil (sold both monreal and Debuchy due to Darmien and bernet being available.

Also sold Wilshere 15 mil and Carzola 16 mil.

Future Transfers 2018/19:

signed milanovic Savic 45 mil, Pulisic 54 mil and Pellegri 23 mil all for 2018, didnt  need them yet but scout reports recommeded them and those prices were decent enough to do it on monthly payments. 

Playing a 4-2-3-1 and currently 2nd to man city half way through December first season. Tried to keep sanchez but couldnt, happy to have him for half the year. 

Tried to sell walcott for 25 mil but he rejected the contracts from buying teams, kept him anyway and he's been very good and his value has gone up to 62 mill (from 50 mill) so better that i ddnt sell him. WIll try to sell him and Iwobi at the end of the year to cover my future tranfers. Also will look to sell dembele and Lacazette to fund a bellotti bid. Lacazette has been ok but nothing special, stats look good due to hatrick in a 6-2 win. Van dijk is amazing and our best performer by a long way. 

Cech also requested to leave for paris sg and i said to him if they meet his 20 mil asking price i will accept. Was looking to get timo horn anyway or another keeper if available. 

10 minutes ago, vozzon said:

Started my annual Arsenal save and had the below transfers:

Please note all prices in Australian Dollars

In:

Ser 38 mill, Goretzka 35 mil, Dembele (celtic) 30 mil, arthur 20mil, Malang Sarr 10mil (sent out on loan), Dolberg 30 mil, Van dijk20 mil and welbeck, Anderson 40 mil.

Angel Correa 13 mil,  Darmien 20 mil  and Bernet 17 mill all tranfer listed for very cheap all coming in Jan. 

Out:

Sanchez 74 mil sold in october so is leaving in Jan, Coq 54 mil, elheny 50 mil, xhaka 52 mil, mustafi 54 mil, wellbeck P/ex, monreal 25 mil, Debuchy 5 mil (sold both monreal and Debuchy due to Darmien and bernet being available.

Also sold Wilshere 15 mil and Carzola 16 mil.

Future Transfers 2018/19:

signed milanovic Savic 45 mil, Pulisic 54 mil and Pellegri 23 mil all for 2018, didnt  need them yet but scout reports recommeded them and those prices were decent enough to do it on monthly payments. 

Playing a 4-2-3-1 and currently 2nd to man city half way through December first season. Tried to keep sanchez but couldnt, happy to have him for half the year. 

Tried to sell walcott for 25 mil but he rejected the contracts from buying teams, kept him anyway and he's been very good and his value has gone up to 62 mill (from 50 mill) so better that i ddnt sell him. WIll try to sell him and Iwobi at the end of the year to cover my future tranfers. Also will look to sell dembele and Lacazette to fund a bellotti bid. Lacazette has been ok but nothing special, stats look good due to hatrick in a 6-2 win. Van dijk is amazing and our best performer by a long way. 

Cech also requested to leave for paris sg and i said to him if they meet his 20 mil asking price i will accept. Was looking to get timo horn anyway or another keeper if available. 

Van Dijk $20mil AUD???? Seriously?

6 hours ago, NabsKebabs said:

So if City finish 6th and Pep sacked, City would be on the way up but if we won the league we wouldn't? lol ok

In the grand scheme of things yeah. Chelsea finished 10th and won the league the very next season, if I’m not mistaken, where as Arsenal just seem to be happy fighting for 4th.

Thanks for the replies about Sanchez, @Reece3 @gholliday87. 

I'd forgotten my previous attempts were on the beta whereas my current save was started on full release date. I've been up and down on whether to keep Sanchez or not but in the end decided I could better invest the cash and still get CL football back. 

So, offered him out at £70mil and Chelsea, City and Liverpool all in for him. I've got them up to about £54mil now which I will probably have one more go at increasing and then accept. I will need to find a stonking replacement though. I have immediately started looking at Lemar but they won't even blink below £135mil. 

This is going to be my set up (same as FM17 which worked very nicely for me indeed). And yes, yet another person who has bought Savic!

I've also added Dembele from Celtic too. 

Cheers all, enjoying this thread!

20171113222315_1.thumb.jpg.3d28fd0222b9b780c0650a27b365ce97.jpg

36 minutes ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Thanks for the replies about Sanchez, @Reece3 @gholliday87. 

I'd forgotten my previous attempts were on the beta whereas my current save was started on full release date. I've been up and down on whether to keep Sanchez or not but in the end decided I could better invest the cash and still get CL football back. 

So, offered him out at £70mil and Chelsea, City and Liverpool all in for him. I've got them up to about £54mil now which I will probably have one more go at increasing and then accept. I will need to find a stonking replacement though. I have immediately started looking at Lemar but they won't even blink below £135mil. 

This is going to be my set up (same as FM17 which worked very nicely for me indeed). And yes, yet another person who has bought Savic!

I've also added Dembele from Celtic too. 

Cheers all, enjoying this thread!

20171113222315_1.thumb.jpg.3d28fd0222b9b780c0650a27b365ce97.jpg

I have to say, Lemar was underwhelming for me in the first few games.

Was able to sell Sanchez ($74M to Chelsea) and Ozil ($40M to Juve) in the first window. Wasn't willing to let Sanchez go for free in the summer. Ozil doesn't really fit my system since I want to play a 4-3-3 with no AMC. Plus his inconsistency IRL kills me... 

Has anybody played Lacazette out wide? Perhaps as a Raumdeuter? 

23 hours ago, NabsKebabs said:

Van Dijk $20mil AUD???? Seriously?

20 mill and Welbeck who was valued at 50-60mill. All Austrlian Dollars. Wellbeck had interest when i tried to sell him but wasnt getting any good offers and as he is good in the game thought it was better to add add him to the deal to get some value out of him. 

Van Dijk has been my best player by far, so solid and gets a few goals from set pieces as well. 

3 hours ago, vozzon said:

20 mill and Welbeck who was valued at 50-60mill. All Austrlian Dollars. Wellbeck had interest when i tried to sell him but wasnt getting any good offers and as he is good in the game thought it was better to add add him to the deal to get some value out of him. 

Van Dijk has been my best player by far, so solid and gets a few goals from set pieces as well. 

Ah yeah missed the Welbeck part of the deal. He is really overrated in the game imo.

4 hours ago, vozzon said:

I think that's a very good deal. I may well try similar myself!

I play like this where I started with Alexis and Walcott on the flanks, Monreal at LB, Kos (as a normal CD) and Mustafi at CB and Ramsey in the Mezzala role. I felt like it must have been made for Ramsey when they made a BBM-role where the player "tend to forget their defensive duties" so I had to test it out. And he was amazing there picking up 8 goals and 10 assists in 25 games the first season! The only first team regular I bought in the first summer window was Danilo Pereira from Porto for 20-25mill and he's an absolute beast! The only player you need to retrain is Özil back to CM, but he learned that quickly at my save. Won EL first season and CL in the second season. Lacazette broke Henrys' goalscoring record with 41 goals in 35 games (all comp). He is crazy in that CF(a) position with Bellerin and Walcott (now Junior) feeding crosses from the right.

5a0c05b23916f_Skjermbilde2017-11-1510_14_55.thumb.png.19c075b752b023cf22f83b10006e5c24.png

I bought Laporte in Jan for the Alexis money and Alderweireld was transferlisted at the end of the season so I had to take "a Campbell" on him (he even scored at the Lane hehehe). De Gea requested to be tansferlisted after season two for some reason. Had to pay around 94m for him though, but I just had to buy him when I had the chance.

2 hours ago, Woho said:

I play like this where I started with Alexis and Walcott on the flanks, Monreal at LB, Kos (as a normal CD) and Mustafi at CB and Ramsey in the Mezzala role. I felt like it must have been made for Ramsey when they made a BBM-role where the player "tend to forget their defensive duties" so I had to test it out. And he was amazing there picking up 8 goals and 10 assists in 25 games the first season! The only first team regular I bought in the first summer window was Danilo Pereira from Porto for 20-25mill and he's an absolute beast! The only player you need to retrain is Özil back to CM, but he learned that quickly at my save. Won EL first season and CL in the second season. Lacazette broke Henrys' goalscoring record with 41 goals in 35 games (all comp). He is crazy in that CF(a) position with Bellerin and Walcott (now Junior) feeding crosses from the right.

5a0c05b23916f_Skjermbilde2017-11-1510_14_55.thumb.png.19c075b752b023cf22f83b10006e5c24.png

I bought Laporte in Jan for the Alexis money and Alderweireld was transferlisted at the end of the season so I had to take "a Campbell" on him (he even scored at the Lane hehehe). De Gea requested to be tansferlisted after season two for some reason. Had to pay around 94m for him though, but I just had to buy him when I had the chance.

What are the lines connecting your players all about??

Its how familiar the players are to play with each other. Its connected with the new dynamics feature, I think(?). If you do little rotations, or do the same rotations the players connect better with each other. They learn each other movements that makes it easier to pick out passes and so on. Its hard to tell how much differense it makes in the midfield, but goals conceded was significantly reduced after the partnership between Laporte and Toby became green. I run the same rotated team in cup games that has the same kind of familiarity:

5a0c3a74acc2d_Skjermbilde2017-11-1513_57_55.thumb.png.ffdac836252e64ab740aea92dd01a58a.png

I dont know excactly, but it seems to improve the results.

2 hours ago, Woho said:

Its how familiar the players are to play with each other. Its connected with the new dynamics feature, I think(?). If you do little rotations, or do the same rotations the players connect better with each other. They learn each other movements that makes it easier to pick out passes and so on. Its hard to tell how much differense it makes in the midfield, but goals conceded was significantly reduced after the partnership between Laporte and Toby became green. I run the same rotated team in cup games that has the same kind of familiarity:

5a0c3a74acc2d_Skjermbilde2017-11-1513_57_55.thumb.png.ffdac836252e64ab740aea92dd01a58a.png

I dont know excactly, but it seems to improve the results.

That seems very interesting. Do you use Willock, Nketiah and Nelson? Or did you loan them out?

7 minutes ago, Yoeri said:

That seems very interesting. Do you use Willock, Nketiah and Nelson? Or did you loan them out?

I dont know what happened to Nelson and Jeff. They were 5 and 4,5 star potential at the start of the beta, but when I started after full release they are 3 and 3,5. I have had them both out on loan for two seasons now as I hoped they would improve, but nothing really happened to them. The rest of the academy is mainly crap. I keep registrering Virginia as second GK as he is homegrown and he actually did pretty decent at a period where Cech was injured, but his stats are nothing special though. I picked up this guy from RBL for 4,2m in the first transfer window as he was on jr contract and he's about to turn into a beast:

5a0c629cebd54_Skjermbilde2017-11-1516_45_09.thumb.png.c7b1bdf4353b946ad4067f831ef09b2a.png

He had 5 star potential at the beginning so he kind of got in front of both Nelson and Jeff in the pecking order for cup-games.

I can't believe you get so much money from selling these players. I won the league first season and I couldn't sell Welbeck, Ramsey, and many others. First off I get no offers on them, then if i transfer list them for half their value I still get no offers. If I offer them to clubs for half then that again, I hardly get any offers also. How do you do it? I end up selling them for hardly anything.

The only real offers I've got has been on Kolasniac(after first season) and Bellerin(after second season). I've sold both for around 40m. 

Second season I had some injury problems. I came fourth in the league, but got second place in champions league where I lost to Man Utd. Man Utd incredibly won the treble.

Beginning third season I spent 85m on Asensio. He seems to be a beast. Dolberg is in and Lacazette seems to continue his good form. I lost Bellerin to Real Madrid(47M), but could not find a good replacement. I bought Diawara for 40M. sold Coq(25m), Seri(40m) and Koscielny(15m). 

Both new signings have wages upwards to 200k pr week. So me being unable to sell Özil who is on 175k pr week is not good for the economy. But my tactic tweak looks to work wonders so far.

12 minutes ago, Woho said:

I dont know what happened to Nelson and Jeff. They were 5 and 4,5 star potential at the start of the beta, but when I started after full release they are 3 and 3,5. I have had them both out on loan for two seasons now as I hoped they would improve, but nothing really happened to them. The rest of the academy is mainly crap. I keep registrering Virginia as second GK as he is homegrown and he actually did pretty decent at a period where Cech was injured, but his stats are nothing special though. I picked up this guy from RBL for 4,2m in the first transfer window as he was on jr contract and he's about to turn into a beast:

5a0c629cebd54_Skjermbilde2017-11-1516_45_09.thumb.png.c7b1bdf4353b946ad4067f831ef09b2a.png

He had 5 star potential at the beginning so he kind of got in front of both Nelson and Jeff in the pecking order for cup-games.

Jeff in Jeff Reine-Adelaide? I saw he is in the highest social group. Does that not have any impact in his improvements? I thougt when a player whose familiairity is good with the other players, the player himself plays better or will link up better. 

How do you see this?

And I am sorry for my English. Hope you will understand what I just said. Hahaha,

46 minutes ago, Ventricity said:

I can't believe you get so much money from selling these players.

I always try that "talk to player" option when I transferlist them without any offers. As all the deadwood are on huge (overpriced) contracts it seems to help a lot to  say that you will not registrer them for the league next season. Then they seem to accept a paycut and you get better offers.

38 minutes ago, Yoeri said:

Jeff in Jeff Reine-Adelaide? I saw he is in the highest social group. Does that not have any impact in his improvements? I thougt when a player whose familiairity is good with the other players, the player himself plays better or will link up better. 

How do you see this?

The one and only! I have had him on loan, but he didnt improve. Tried to sell him last summer, but no one wanted him so he went out on loan one more time. I havent been given him any first team football so its hard to tell, but I think he will preform a little bit better for me than if I sold him to a team he doesnt know. I dont think this have any affect on a players' attributes, only his level of performance, if that was what you meant.

4 minutes ago, Woho said:

I always try that "talk to player" option when I transferlist them without any offers. As all the deadwood are on huge (overpriced) contracts it seems to help a lot to  say that you will not registrer them for the league next season. Then they seem to accept a paycut and you get better offers.

The one and only! I have had him on loan, but he didnt improve. Tried to sell him last summer, but no one wanted him so he went out on loan one more time. I havent been given him any first team football so its hard to tell, but I think he will preform a little bit better for me than if I sold him to a team he doesnt know. I dont think this have any affect on a players' attributes, only his level of performance, if that was what you meant.

Thanks for replying. I think I understand it a lot better now. 

One more question if you don't mind. How do you play Xhaka? 

11 minutes ago, Yoeri said:

How do you play Xhaka? 

I used him in the AP(s) slot and he performed very well for me! Scored some screamers from long range as well, but after the second season Bayern came in and offered almost 100m for him so I had to let him go.

On 13/11/2017 at 15:45, BrickCommo23 said:

Hi all

I sold him to Liverpool for £50M almost straight away. I was expecting a backlash from the squad but not a peep. 

19 hours ago, NabsKebabs said:

Ah yeah missed the Welbeck part of the deal. He is really overrated in the game imo.

Yeah thought so too with his stats, would be handy to keep but normally in my first save i go over the top buying players, especially with Dolberg/Dembele/anderson all cheap who play in his positions, so was worth using him to strengthen my defense. 

Hi all

I've taken the plunge and sold Sanchez and currently torn between these two for 'his replacement'.

Any views, experience or alternative options? I wanted Correa originally but he won't come to a team not in the Champions League unfortunately.

20171116221655_1.thumb.jpg.00cc2a64f5c49cf8ee477478e9432214.jpg

Edit: The other scouted option is Berardi but he is more comfortable on the right and I have Walcott (winger) and Ozil (AP) for that side.

2 hours ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Hi all

I've taken the plunge and sold Sanchez and currently torn between these two for 'his replacement'.

Any views, experience or alternative options? I wanted Correa originally but he won't come to a team not in the Champions League unfortunately.

Edit: The other scouted option is Berardi but he is more comfortable on the right and I have Walcott (winger) and Ozil (AP) for that side.

I didn't manage to get a work permit for Zivkovic, keep that in mind. Felipe Anderson is either footed so could play both sides. Insigne could be a shot as well

Might be worth trying this...

Offer Sanchez out at £80m on the very first day of the save.  Once the £40-50m bids come in, open them up to negotiate.  Negotiate the price back up to £70 and put the completion date as 'End of Season' and lock it down to non-negotiable.  Should be able to get the best of both worlds.

16 hours ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Hi all

Could try Nabil Fekir, a player we are also interested in signing in real life.

Dolberg's had an amazing start to the second season in his lone CF-s role. 18 goals and 6 assists from a total of 11 starts and 6 sub appearances. Look at that goals column in the far right! Jesus. First game of the season was a hat trick in the Super Cup against Chelsea. Crazy talent.

20171117172733_1.thumb.jpg.014bbcbecd52243fd9b0b5ac92d2601a.jpg

That's great @Aaron I did not (yet) bought Dolberg because I have Nketiah en my man Giroud. But he looks like a good investment.

How are you guys replacing Sánchez? I play Iwobi and Welbeck on the left wing but there not quite as good as Alexis. I tought maybe Insigne but he don't want to leave Napoli for Europa League Arsenal. And in my opinion Fekir is a good signing but not for 60 million pounds.

2 hours ago, Yoeri said:

That's great @Aaron I did not (yet) bought Dolberg because I have Nketiah en my man Giroud. But he looks like a good investment.

How are you guys replacing Sánchez? I play Iwobi and Welbeck on the left wing but there not quite as good as Alexis. I tought maybe Insigne but he don't want to leave Napoli for Europa League Arsenal. And in my opinion Fekir is a good signing but not for 60 million pounds.

Currently struggling a bit with that question myself. I've narrowed it down to a few but they all have slight cons

- Perisic (probably best bet but age and price not ideal)
- Berardi - more of a playmaker and more suited to the right
- Zivkovic - can't get a work permit
- Correa - won't come to Europa League club
- Martins - more of right sided winger

I think Perisic or Martins are likely the best bets but it's tricky. Although, if I can move Welbeck on then I could get Berardi AND Martins....

28 minutes ago, BrickCommo23 said:

Currently struggling a bit with that question myself. I've narrowed it down to a few but they all have slight cons

- Perisic (probably best bet but age and price not ideal)
- Berardi - more of a playmaker and more suited to the right
- Zivkovic - can't get a work permit
- Correa - won't come to Europa League club
- Martins - more of right sided winger

I think Perisic or Martins are likely the best bets but it's tricky. Although, if I can move Welbeck on then I could get Berardi AND Martins....

I am not quite a fun of both players you do like to sign. I play Welbeck on the left wing, he's been doing good in the first three games of the season but in my opinion Welbeck is more a striker. 

I tried Griezmann but unfortunately he don't wanna join his French mate Laca. 

Deadline day is almost over so I think I can not get myself a new left winger so I think I am going to use Iwobi as a LW and on the right wing Nelson.

EDIT: I had an agreement with AS Monaco for Thomas Lemar. €125 mil. and gave him a good sign bonus, 200k a week. All good and stuff. Next hour he signs a new contract for Monaco. Absolute ****. :( 

On 11/19/2017 at 02:24, Yoeri said:

Anderson from Lazio is very good. 

Archived