Sports Interactive Community

Hi @LickieRambert

When does this crash occur? Does it keep happening at the same point in your game?

Could you please upload a save to our FTP prior to the crash if it is at a specific point. Information on how to do so can be found on the link below.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/381320-ftp-details/

If you could let us know when you've uploaded it and what it is called, that would be great.

I deleted a few of my save games as I thought it would help, but on the current save (LFC Beta) I can't get past the 10th of October, its been a similar date on the other saves, the furthest i've got is Novemeber and that was before the update (but have since deleted the save game).

The crash occurs when trying to get past the date, i've tried doing it the normal way and holidaying it. 

I've uploaded two, called LFC beta and Brond Bee.

Cheers.

Okay we've just released the full version of Football Manager 2018 so please try again now and let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

15 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Okay we've just released the full version of Football Manager 2018 so please try again now and let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

It was going fine then I got this error...

888a2a59f660ba6ad6e1c6593ea907ac.png

And when exactly did you get that error? What were you doing in-game when it crashed? 

Are you running any custom graphics/logos/skins or any other add-ons? 

Okay I would suggest removing anything custom for the time-being just to see if the issue still occurs without them. 

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

I got this message, one match later than last time, 88th minute.

I removed all my graphics. :/ Pretty frustrated now as I've not been able to play since the first update of the beta pretty much. 

bc56c78cfb2f0c7601f79ffa093b6a6f.png

Tried starting a new save with no date edited in a new league and first game of the season this happens. I'm playing on 2D Classic if that helps. Cheers.

fc69e1960b60c4ea6a7adabadc263265.png

Okay BullGuard has sometimes been known to cause issues with FM and Steam in the past. We'd suggest reading the following, the instructions underneath the black text:

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

I'm not sure how removing my anti-virus software would help? I have no problem loading the game and it only stop mid-match. At the moment it's working on very-low graphics, which i'm quite annoyed about because I've not long had this PC and it should run this game without a problem. 

Sometimes when the game is installed due to the anti-virus it causes a slightly faulty install. This can then cause issues to pop up whilst playing the game. If you follow the suggestions as linked above you can make sure that the game is installed clean and there's no interference. That way we can know for sure whether it an issue related to the AV or not. 

I do apologise, I went ahead and tried it this morning without Bullguard installed and I've just managed to play three matches in a row without it crashing, all on high graphics. What would you recommend from here? As I would like an anti-virus installed but would be willing to buy another one which would work with the game if needed. Cheers.

I know plenty of people who use Windows Defender without issues, but if you want to try again with Bullguard, now you know it can cause the issues you saw, you can reinstall it and immediately set up the exceptions for FM and Steam. Hopefully this would then allow the game to remain stable. 

And please don't feel the need to apologise. The joys of PCs mean that sometimes programs can have unexpected effects on other programs! I'm just glad we've been able to figure out the cause in this instance so we can work towards getting you running from here on without any further issues.

Thanks. 

I tried to re-install Bullguard but it wasn't having it so have moved to another AV (Bitdefender) so hopefully it will be fine from now on, but will let you know either way.

Yes the joys of PC's indeed! Thanks for your help so far, you must have the patience of a saint dealing with these issues everyday. 

I decided to re-read some of the steps you told me to do and when I read the direct X one I feel like I missed some of the parts out, so I re-did that part and it seems to have worked this morning when I tried it for three games. I'll keep you updated if it does/doesn't work but for now it seems to be doing fine. Cheers again.

2 hours ago, LickieRambert said:

33a381f55a27dc0e986ab9457bd4dd48.png
https://gyazo.com/33a381f55a27dc0e986ab9457bd4dd48

So I stopped playing this game for a while because it just wasn't working for me. Tried it again and still getting issues. :/

Sorry to hear that, when exactly are you encountering the issues now? What exactly are you doing in game when this message appears? 

22 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Sorry to hear that, when exactly are you encountering the issues now? What exactly are you doing in game when this message appears? 

I get the issue when I am on the calendar, if I quit and come back on I can get past the date but then I get the same message a few weeks later. Quite a strange one to me as normally when these issues happen its normally the same date every time. Does the code mean anything specific? (18.2.2f1055984)

Okay, could you please try disabling your Windows 10 game bar and also the Nvidia in-game overlay? Information on how to do those are provided on the links below.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-3091550/turn-game-bar-windows.html

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4228/~/disabling-the-geforce-experience-share-in-game-overlay

Thanks,
Felix

Can you please try updating your graphics card drivers to the very latest available (if you haven't already), try again then if it still crashes, please post your updated dxdiag?

Also please confirm what graphics quality you're running the game in via the in-game preferences (say High, Medium etc). Also it'd be worth trying to lower it (say from High to medium, then low etc) and see if you encounter the same issue on all settings.

Let us know how you get on, thanks. 

Hi, I updated my graphics card yesterday and had no issues played about 12-15 games and progressed about 6 months but kept saving it after each game just in case. 

Yesterday I was playing on Very High and as I said above it was fine. 

Will keep you updated, thanks for the reply.