Pre data base editor

• Administrators

No - I'd suggest adding ideas to the wishlist thread though, I'm sure we could accommodate some ideas for a future version.

That said, we are also very aware that the Editor / using editor files is a popular demand too. :brock:

5 minutes ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

No - I'd suggest adding ideas to the wishlist thread though, I'm sure we could accommodate some ideas for a future version.

That said, we are also very aware that the Editor / using editor files is a popular demand too. :brock:

Well, after 4 versions of the game, with every year people asking for the editor, i'm starting to realise that will never be a editor for the touch version.

I understand that to make a editor would mean making one for the PC version and also for android and ios version... but is it that difficult? :)

Perhaps its just a decision that SI made: No Editor for the touch version. Period.

What i think is strange is that the mobile version have a editor, and it's also a game with purchase itens, like the touch version.

Anyway, thks for the reply.

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

I understand that to make a editor would mean making one for the PC version and also for android and ios version... but is it that difficult? :)

Perhaps its just a decision that SI made: No Editor for the touch version. Period.

Compared to other feature ideas and plans then it is difficult. Currently, it's not just possible to switch on, due to the way editor changes work, they will not work on Tablet. PC is a different story but going forward we very much want Touch to be the same game on Tablet and PC as much as possible.

Only that decision has been made, that features for Touch need to accommodate Tablet as well as PC, there can't be one or the other. 

There has not been a decision made that says "No Editor for the touch version. Period". 

It might be 4 years of asking, but it took FMM double that to achieve editing capabilities, to my recollection.

Never say never. I'm actually very much a fan of the editor idea for what it's worth. If the decision had been made for No Editor then the discussions would be shut down as fast as you could ask for Football Chairman mode.

@Lucas Weatherby

Once again, thks for the reply.

For what it's worth, i think it's brilliant that SI keeps the purpose to keep the PC and tablet version as much as possible the same game. I understand that can delay the implementation of several new features, but it makes perfectly sense.

And this is comming from a person that only plays the tablet version, and don't care for the PC version or cross-saving.

• Administrators

One day :brock:

Any ideas you have, any at all, please just post them in the wishlist thread so we can get them considered. 

19 hours ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

Compared to other feature ideas and plans then it is difficult. Currently, it's not just possible to switch on, due to the way editor changes work, they will not work on Tablet. PC is a different story but going forward we very much want Touch to be the same game on Tablet and PC as much as possible.

Only that decision has been made, that features for Touch need to accommodate Tablet as well as PC, there can't be one or the other. 

There has not been a decision made that says "No Editor for the touch version. Period". 

It might be 4 years of asking, but it took FMM double that to achieve editing capabilities, to my recollection.

Never say never. I'm actually very much a fan of the editor idea for what it's worth. If the decision had been made for No Editor then the discussions would be shut down as fast as you could ask for Football Chairman mode.

I have wrote this post about 4 times now, going from long disappointment post, to short angry post, insane long post. But I decided to just wing it.

Bummer... :( I was really expecting an FMT Editor this year.

Said that, I understand the decision behind FMT Editor, but cannot shake the feeling that desktop players of FMT are getting the bad end of the stick.

I really don't know, what to say or do to try to convince you otherwise, since It has been probably 5 years requesting and requesting... it seems that any effort to try and show the importance of this editor (You know i tried), has become pointless endeavour. Probably requesting it one more time, again... :( But I'm starting to get convinced that even that is a waste of time.

Without FMT Editor, it will be hard to justify, to spend 55 euros on this. Specially considering that the existing editor, had so little features added this year.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, craiigman said:

You mean in app purchases? Unlockables suggests you can unlock them playing the game 

You can unlock them. Or buy them. You can't unlock the money though.

3 hours ago, grade said:

I really don't know, what to say or do to try to convince you otherwise, since It has been probably 5 years requesting and requesting... it seems that any effort to try and show the importance of this editor (You know i tried), has become pointless endeavour. Probably requesting it one more time, again... :( But I'm starting to get convinced that even that is a waste of time.

It's not a waste of time.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, grade said:

I know that. It's probably the frustration talking then anything else. But believe it or not, it passed 5 years since FMT/FMC was released.

I know, I've lead on the QA for it all that time. :)

I know its something people very much want, I like the idea too, keep bringing your feedback through and hopefully eventually it is possible.

• 3 weeks later...

I know and understand the reasons behind the dev team that want FMT desktop be equal to the tablet.

But, is there anyway to convince the dev team the importance of FMT Editor for the desktop version? Is there anyway to show that this feature is badly needed for this version of the game?

The reason for me wanting an editor (When i mean editor, i mean with all the bells and whistles the current editor has, since I want to create, edit and delete clubs, players and leagues.) is that, i pay with a certain type of leagues. I like using the english pyramid style in Portugal and the USA. I like to play a World Champions League and I would like to use krlenjushka's Fifa Nation League or probably making a Fifa World Cup the includes all nation in straight knockout competition (no qualifying).

However, there is something stopping playing this game how I think football world should be about and instead of what it is about. The full fat FM. I think the game is too bloated, too many things to do, too complicated. I do not want a game that is simulation of real life (sure some aspects are needed for Football management), because at the end of the day, for me FM is a Computer/Mobile/Tablet game it should be fun. I do not find FM fun anymore. The only excuse to play FM is FMT, but I do not want to play FM like the establishment elite as said (like the dreadful changes to Champions League for 2018-19, for example). I want fantasy and unrealistic leagues, but with unbloated and uncomplicated gameplay. I want a to play a Champions League that has Barcelona vs River Plate or Man. City vs São Paulo or even Benfica vs New York City FC or play the portuguese league system in style of the english ones in the style of gameplay like FM05, FM06, FM07 and FM08. 

That is what I want to play. And an Editor is now my number one request. Without it, I find hard to spend money on FM or FMT. I cannot ask for the dev team to remove features from the full FM, because I know there is a lot of people playing the game and enjoy the added features. My only solution is FMT. So please reconsider your position on editor for FMT19. Or I will not buy FMT until the editor becomes a feature at least for FMT desktop version.

I sincerely don't know what else to say for the importance of an editor for FMT. I tried to show what users would use it, to try show it is must have feature, but that was few years ago. To be fair not sure opening a thread, about the importance of an editor from FMT will be enough to convince the dev team (or their bosses). But my position stands. No editor = no money. Plain and Simple. I'm sincerely disappointed and sad that it has come to this, after buying every CM/FM since CM97/98.

Please take this as the most honest and constructive post I ever done.

On 10/11/2017 at 14:27, Lucas Weatherby said:

I know, I've lead on the QA for it all that time. :)

I know its something people very much want, I like the idea too, keep bringing your feedback through and hopefully eventually it is possible.

To be fair, you've been saying that for years.

On 09/11/2017 at 14:43, Lucas Weatherby said:

You really need someone to add it to the wishlist when it's something that was in the game for years and that you deleted just so people would be tented to take the most expensive version indeed?

• Administrators
On 27/11/2017 at 11:34, potbellypigs said:

To be fair, you've been saying that for years.

There are thousands of feature ideas to make it in the game. Even if we had no new ideas to come up with (which doesn't really happen), there are enough ideas for the next 4 or more versions. Some ideas do take a long time to come to fruition, there's many factors that go into deciding what ideas are for what version.

On 27/11/2017 at 12:16, Romano338 said:

You really need someone to add it to the wishlist when it's something that was in the game for years and that you deleted just so people would be tented to take the most expensive version indeed?

It's quite simple. If people no longer demand it then it can be seen that its no longer wanted. The editor was never deleted from Touch, it was never in there to begin with.

1 hour ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

There are thousands of feature ideas to make it in the game. Even if we had no new ideas to come up with (which doesn't really happen), there are enough ideas for the next 4 or more versions. Some ideas do take a long time to come to fruition, there's many factors that go into deciding what ideas are for what version.

I own a business and I would like to think I know what my customers want. I'd like to think after all these years of Champ/Football Manager, you guys would have done your research and know what your customers want too. If it's not an editor/fantasy leagues for Touch, then so be it. Just don't keep telling people to bang the drum when it's not even in the pipeline.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, potbellypigs said:

Just don't keep telling people to bang the drum when it's not even in the pipeline.

Not sure how you've come to that conclusion. If you've read my posts in this thread you'd know that if it was ruled out completely we'd say so as we have with other ideas such as Football Chairman. 

On 11/27/2017 at 12:13, grade said:

No editor = no money. Plain and Simple. I'm sincerely disappointed and sad that it has come to this, after buying every CM/FM since CM97/98.

Please take this as the most honest and constructive post I ever done.

I don't know how much clearer Lucas can be.

Currently it's not technically possible, if the goal is to keep the PC and Tablet version as similar as possible.

If this is a "who's played the longest" contest, I've played since CM93/94 (when Chris Bart-Williams drove my Liverpool side to glory), and I couldn't care less about the editor.

Touch is what lured me back to FM. I think FM12 was the last one I bought before one of the earlier mobile versions, and then Touch.

Touch is absolutely great.  I think SI have the vision just right about what it should be about.  I am a tablet only player, and I see the editor as a nice to have, and nothing more.

I'm on the same page as you on your other point though.  The full fat is not fun to me.  It's just too bloated, and is not enough about the core of what made CM/FM great - in my eyes.  Clearly a lot of people disagree with that though.

That is the difference between you and me. I think the editor is must have feature and you don't. I respect that.

However, despite understanding SI position, but spent since release think about it, i came to the conclusion, that is something I don't agree with. Decided to vote with my wallet. At least at this point still resisting not buying FM or FMT 18.

As for how long I play FM/CM or you or others, is simply used as to say, how loyal I'm a fan of this series. Simply stating a fact and not the fact my opinion matters most then yours. Sorry if it you got the wrong impression.

But since the tablet market has improved greatly in the last 5 years to double the capacity tablet, maybe the wait is not long. 

17 hours ago, grade said:

That is the difference between you and me. I think the editor is must have feature and you don't. I respect that.

However, despite understanding SI position, but spent since release think about it, i came to the conclusion, that is something I don't agree with. Decided to vote with my wallet. At least at this point still resisting not buying FM or FMT 18.

As for how long I play FM/CM or you or others, is simply used as to say, how loyal I'm a fan of this series. Simply stating a fact and not the fact my opinion matters most then yours. Sorry if it you got the wrong impression.

But since the tablet market has improved greatly in the last 5 years to double the capacity tablet, maybe the wait is not long. 

I understand your frustration, even if I don't agree with the feature you want.

The only way you can make a point is with your wallet.  I did for quite a few versions of CM/FM (I always came back though...!).

I thought CM4 was absolutely pants.  Did not buy it. 

I drifted in and out for years, probably only buying every 3rd or 4th version, and then usually second hand.  I just couldn't get enthused with the amount of bloat that was coming into the game.

I wanted to be able to play multiple seasons without dedicating my life to the game.  Building a club over years into what I wanted, then moving on to another challenge and doing it again.  With the full fats that were being made, I felt like building a squad/choosing tactics/playing games was about 10% of the game, and really that's all I cared about.

Until Touch came into being, I thought I was done with FM.  I couldn't get past a couple of seasons before the next version came out.  On FMT16, my last game was in it's 11th season before 18 came out (still only buy every second year...).

That's the reason all of the requests for Touch make me worried that it's just going to bloat back towards full fat again.  Most of them revolve around the very same requests at the start of FM that pulled it away from when the game was both fun AND fast to play.

• 3 weeks later...

I totally agree with your comments grade - I’m desperate for the editor but personally I think it a cash decision from si - the mobile version last year had an editor so I haven’t a clue why touch hasn’t? I will be holding off buying as I also think quite a few reading the forums! 

Archived