Fm18- Spurs

dan_bre_1988

35 minutes ago, Klew721 said:

What would you all change with this tactic? 

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 10.39.13 AM.png

That tactic will lead you to get counter attacked constantly.

Duties on wide players. Playing with wingers and wing backs on attack will cost you a lot of goals in the wide areas. I'd maybe take the wing backs to support. Also BBM/BWM in midfield will give opponents a lot of space to counter in between the lines too. When in possession, Wanyama will be going forward into the box (especially with his PPM) and when they lose it Dier will be closing down a lot, even on defend duty. Not much cover if they beat the press and your wings have pushed high up the pitch.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dan_bre_1988 said:

That tactic will lead you to get counter attacked constantly.

Duties on wide players. Playing with wingers and wing backs on attack will cost you a lot of goals in the wide areas. I'd maybe take the wing backs to support. Also BBM/BWM in midfield will give opponents a lot of space to counter in between the lines too. When in possession, Wanyama will be going forward into the box (especially with his PPM) and when they lose it Dier will be closing down a lot, even on defend duty. Not much cover if they beat the press and your wings have pushed high up the pitch.

I changed the two FB to support. What should I do in midfield and my forwards/wingers? 

What problems are you finding during games? Not creating enough? Conceding a lot from crosses? Counter attacks? Ball over the top? Also what TIs do you have? 

My original comments were purely based on formation and pre empting what issues you might have but its hard giving advice without knowing how it plays.

2 hours ago, Klew721 said:

I changed the two FB to support. What should I do in midfield and my forwards/wingers? 

In midfield I'd suggest Wanyama or Dier as CM-d so they don't press as aggressively and not as much space in midfield. Also gives an outlet for recycling possession.

Il y a 3 heures, Klew721 a dit :

What would you all change with this tactic? 

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 10.39.13 AM.png

Hi,

First of all, you have decided to play with wingers, maybe Eriksen don't fit really well for an inside forward position, you can maybe play with Son indeed. Eriksen can play in the middle, Wanyama is maybe too limited as term of technics attributes in the game to play as a BBM. And most of all, you play with too much team instructions, are all are usefull for you ? I'm not sure

But it seems your first in the league so you results must be average, it's just my opinion

Edit : Oh, didn't see that there is a number 2 page... Yes as @dan_bre_1988 said, playing with a CM should be a good idea because your defensive line play not as much higher than 3 CD tactics, so there mus be a gap when Wanyama lose the possession.

15 hours ago, Klew721 said:

Here are the Tis and results so far.... 

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 1.36.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 1.36.57 PM.png

Can't argue with your results. Some cracking ones so far and unbeaten.

One thing I've noticed in your TIs, you have both 'pass into space' which involves playing riskier passes yet you also have 'retain possession' which is contradictory as that means playing safer, looking for the easy pass. That's quite a common thing people do.

3 hours ago, dan_bre_1988 said:

Can't argue with your results. Some cracking ones so far and unbeaten.

One thing I've noticed in your TIs, you have both 'pass into space' which involves playing riskier passes yet you also have 'retain possession' which is contradictory as that means playing safer, looking for the easy pass. That's quite a common thing people do.

Should I then unselect either pass into space or retain possession?

I'll probably sell Rose, Lamela and Sun at the next transfer window. Then try to get some overall depth. 

Depends on the style of football you want. Whether you want to control the match with possession or playing attacking football which involves playing lower percentage higher risk passes to try unlock a defense! Although your results so far also suggest you are doing well without our input!

Anyone sold Rose? I really like him on this game and I'd love to keep him, but he's soooo injury prone! After his serious injury from the beginning of the game I eased him back very carefully, but he injured his knee ligaments and was sidelined for 7 new months. Then when he was fully recovered, the same injury happened in training again and now he's out for four months :lol:

il y a 13 minutes, Don_69 a dit :

Anyone sold Rose? I really like him on this game and I'd love to keep him, but he's soooo injury prone! After his serious injury from the beginning of the game I eased him back very carefully, but he injured his knee ligaments and was sidelined for 7 new months. Then when he was fully recovered, the same injury happened in training again and now he's out for four months :lol:

It was the same for me, just suffered from too much long injuries. You should think to have a replacement for him, Guerreiro must be the best to fit in his position

7 minutes ago, steevo55 said:

It was the same for me, just suffered from too much long injuries. You should think to have a replacement for him, Guerreiro must be the best to fit in his position

Gonna sell him after this season. I love Ben Davies though and I've bought Ryan Sessegnon, but he's not good enough yet. Guerreiro is great but he's gone to Bayern and another favorite Tierney has gone to City. Looking at Jorge, Grimaldo or Alex Sandro

il y a 3 minutes, Don_69 a dit :

Gonna sell him after this season. I love Ben Davies though and I've bought Ryan Sessegnon, but he's not good enough yet. Guerreiro is great but he's gone to Bayern and another favorite Tierney has gone to City. Looking at Jorge, Grimaldo or Alex Sandro

Same for me for Davies, is pretty average but not enough good for the top level i think. If you can go for Alex Sandro, i haven't test it but he should be a beast, even if he is older, he is one the best left back with Alaba for sure. But maybe his wages must be really high, in my save he went to Man City.

I stopped my save, and i start another one to test a new tactic with 2 strikers, so i will explain it maybe when i will have finish my first season.

37 minutes ago, Don_69 said:

I've done exactly the same. Rose has only picked up 1 knock on his thigh since coming back but just not performing. I signed Sessegnon too and Davies is really good as a WB. Was looking at Sandro myself but he went to City as they don't have enough expensive full backs as it is 🙄:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, dan_bre_1988 said:

I've done exactly the same. Rose has only picked up 1 knock on his thigh since coming back but just not performing. I signed Sessegnon too and Davies is really good as a WB. Was looking at Sandro myself but he went to City as they don't have enough expensive full backs as it is 🙄:rolleyes:

I hoping to land Alex Sandro, but I'm a huge FM17 fan of Grimaldo so might go for him hoping he's as good on this game as well :)

10 hours ago, Don_69 said:

I hoping to land Alex Sandro, but I'm a huge FM17 fan of Grimaldo so might go for him hoping he's as good on this game as well :)

Have you tried that lad from Napoli? His name escapes me. I know he's popular on fifa, not sure how his stats transfer into FM.

I got like £40m+ offered for Rose from Man United. Should have taken it. I find if the AI is refused on their big offer, they may not offer again. Ended up selling him to Lazio the next season for a mere £10m. Rose is injury prone and has a bad personality (just like real life!) so doesn't fit long term saves. Good initial stats though. Davies has a better personality so I kept him and rotated with Tierney.

Dembele wouldn't sell on my save, kept him for rotation and tutoring and just wound down his contract. Sold Vertonghen for about £15m. Aurier went for almost £50m. Basically traded him to Barcelona for that Nelson Semedo guy.

At the end, Alderweireld was the only one left without one of the personalities I go for - Model Professional, Professional, Resolute, Spirited, and Driven. But he's so good I didn't mind.

Don't know why you guys want to sell Son -- he's really good in FM and offers something different. Maybe didn't fit your tactic.

1 hour ago, Argonaut said:

I got like £40m+ offered for Rose from Man United. Should have taken it. I find if the AI is refused on their big offer, they may not offer again. Ended up selling him to Lazio the next season for a mere £10m. Rose is injury prone and has a bad personality (just like real life!) so doesn't fit long term saves. Good initial stats though. Davies has a better personality so I kept him and rotated with Tierney.

Dembele wouldn't sell on my save, kept him for rotation and tutoring and just wound down his contract. Sold Vertonghen for about £15m. Aurier went for almost £50m. Basically traded him to Barcelona for that Nelson Semedo guy.

At the end, Alderweireld was the only one left without one of the personalities I go for - Model Professional, Professional, Resolute, Spirited, and Driven. But he's so good I didn't mind.

Don't know why you guys want to sell Son -- he's really good in FM and offers something different. Maybe didn't fit your tactic.

What role and duty do you have for Toby? He's a beast on set pieces for me. I have him as a BPD on defend in a back 3 but he regularly gets 6.3/6.4 yet overall our defense is 2nd best in league. Need to analyse. Maybe he plays a lot of loose balls. Check out my other Spurs thread. Really need advice!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I sold Lloris in January window (third season) because he said he wanted to move back to France. I wanted to keep him but he had just turned 33 and asked to leave. I got £55mill all up front for a 33 year old gk, think that's a great deal. Scouts rated him three and a half star, and Donnarumma who's only 20 is already a 4 star according to the same scout.

Into my 7th season now. Won the league 3 out of 6 times and got to 4 CL finals, winning only 1!

Still using my 3-5-2 WB formation and it's still as effective. Only changes I've made is going from attacking to standard and switching wing backs from support to attacking.

I've kept the English spine of the team in Dier (CB), Alli and Kane. The only other player I have from the original squad is Winks.

3 hours ago, Don_69 said:

1.thumb.jpg.61ad632a66124e0853f87629130ff90d.jpg2.thumb.jpg.c1cc85918961ec4c76d014d2bdd17bd3.jpg

Thanks Dele, I was aiming for 38/38... lol. Still think it's a new record for me, 24 first games won and 26  wins in a row. Will I make the full season unbeaten?

What formation have you been using and player roles and duties?

Great effort so far. Keep us posted with how you finish up. Hopefully you can match the Arsenal of 2004...but with fewer draws :lol:

On 11/8/2017 at 23:13, dan_bre_1988 said:

So I've started a save as Spurs on the beta and just curious what tactic other people are using for Spurs and signings made?

Personally I think the only formation you can play at the start realistically is 5 at the back with 2 wing backs due to the lack of quality wingers and the injuries they have at the start (Think Lamela, Son, Llorente etc)

Because of the above, I've started off with a 5221 narrow formation with Vertonghen and Alderweireld as BPDs and Sanchez as a defensive CB set to stopper. This is because I want him to almost move forward and act as a DMC since i've got 2 in cm, one of which being Wanyama who is a BWM so will engage higher up the pitch and possibly leave space behind. I've signed Nainggolan as a quality passer in midfield to link during transitions and his long shots are a threat against teams that sit deep. Plus he allows better quality on the bench Dembele) Nabir Fakir is my second who is a great signing imo. He gives a bit of extra quality to play 4231 as a RW, he's happy to be rotated and gives good support for Kane/Llorente as a striker when required.

My final signing was just a CB from Coruna who's buyout is about 4.5m and offers better back up that Foyth first season.

Further up the pitch I'm playing Eriksen as a AP support so he stays between the lines threading balls through to Alli (set as shadow striker so he's closer to Kane and also a presence in the box for crosses) and Kane. 

Team instructions are normal closing down as I want them to keep their shape, defend higher up with tighter marking and keep possession as I want to build from the back using the 2 BPDs and fairly wide width so that a) wing backs can push up wide since they are the only width I have and b) hopefully stretches play to give Eriksen and Alli more space since they will be my chief creators.

I'm interested to see what others have done and any problems people foresee in the logic behind my set up?

did these work for you. cos am coaching spurs and they are performing below standard

On 06/01/2018 at 22:34, Mharkd said:

did these work for you. cos am coaching spurs and they are performing below standard

Nope, have had massive issues getting the front 3 to perform. Alli and Eriksen had a few assists and Kane 24 goals in a comps but not played regularly well at all. I've come to the conclusion that you can't play well with 2amcs behind a sole striker. I've tried alsorts. Alli as a shadow striker with Kane DLFs and Eriksen APs. Tried Alli as AMa with Kane DLFs and a CFs. Eriksen as an AMs. Tried counter instead of control to try draw the opp out a bit and give Alli and Eriksen more room  between the lines. I had a decent first season. 4th in league and semi of FA cup and CL but front 3 were average (all 3 had an average of below 7) if somebody managed to get them working in that formation I'd love to know how.

On 6.1.2018 at 19:12, dan_bre_1988 said:

What formation have you been using and player roles and duties?

Great effort so far. Keep us posted with how you finish up. Hopefully you can match the Arsenal of 2004...but with fewer draws :lol:

Massive jinx posting here bragging about my results, lost the next game to f**ng Ipswich :lol: I'm using 4231, will post roles/duties/tactics next time I'm playing :)

What’s up fellas. I just started new save with the Spurs. I fell in love with the team last season. Won every single trophy in the game on FM 17 with Tottenham. I was reading your comments I thought the same switching formation, but i just love having wings in the game. I bought Chiesa from Fiorentina 40m, Kluivert from Ajax for 8m. Might go for Cerny and De Ligt cuz they were beasts on the previous game 😂😂😂

Third season finished. Won the CS (lol), the PL and the CL. Knocked out in the semis against Chelsea in the FA Cup and quite early in the Mickey mouse cup. Lost three games and drew three so didn't break 100 pts in the league unfortunately. Still happy with the season.

tactics.thumb.jpg.46a686f8b2dbfaee26ca93c1d21799ff.jpgresults.thumb.jpg.eba77e9036a2bf8e6e512a5443bf966a.jpgtable.thumb.png.30dbc8718b3e47a397cf9dfdf7e8f5aa.png

Edit: Farily happy with my squad, want to bring in Trent A. Arnold from Pool (but they want crazy money for him) and maybe a LB. Eriksen performing but really want Asensio in the no 10 role.

Good effort. I've only managed 3/4 games since I last posted but good results. I'm in the Fa cup final against Southampton after beating Chelsea 2 1 and the CL final against Man United after beating PSG. Not easy going. Won 3 0 at home and then lost 2 0 away to set up a nervy last half hour but hung on (My attackers wasteful, had 2/3 good chances to kill the game off) and need 4 points from 3 games to clinch 4th place. Liverpool, United and City ran away up top. Chelsea not won in about 6 games to drop to 6th (can't catch me) and Arsenal just lost 5 1 away at Bournemouth (lol) to drop 3pts behind with 2 to play (I've got 3 games... Leicester away, City at home then Chelsea away)

Shame Chelsea dropped right off... could of been a straight shoot out for 4th place last game of the season just hope I don't need a result as I struggle against them usually.

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 19:52, Don_69 said:

tactics.thumb.jpg.46a686f8b2dbfaee26ca93c1d21799ff.jpg

I have just taken over from Pochettino in the 4th season (he went to Real Madrid) after I had a fairly successful spell with West Ham (Won the League Cup, FA Cup and finish in 3rd Place my last 2 seasons).

Spurs squad is by and large the same at the start. I have Isco which has been the only really major addition (Poch bought him for £26 million in the 3rd season). He sold Dier to City unfortunately. All the rest big names are still at the club which is great for me.

I was wondering Don_69 what you did about an away/hard game tactic? You have obviously been really successful and to be honest I am really struggling on the road with Spurs. At West Ham I played direct, got stuck in and tried to bully teams, but that just isn't working with Spurs, and to be honest isn't really 'the spurs way of playing'.

My home tactic is quite similar to yours, I don't use be more disciplined at home, I try to let them be a little more creative and the roles are different as I obviously have different players. As I said am just really struggling away, if you can share you tactic(s) it would be appreciated to give me some help.

• 2 weeks later...

Enetering my 3rd season. I just made a deal to sell Dele to ManCity which my friend is managing for 200mil. Also sold Lloris for 80million. I hqve 360 mil transfer budget.

i need a defensive midfielder,not a playmaker type,more of a enforcer. I need a player that can play AML and AMR. I need a goalkeeper and I need a central defender.

Money is not an issue, any suggestions?

22 hours ago, luka_ said:

Enetering my 3rd season. I just made a deal to sell Dele to ManCity which my friend is managing for 200mil. Also sold Lloris for 80million. I hqve 360 mil transfer budget.

i need a defensive midfielder,not a playmaker type,more of a enforcer. I need a player that can play AML and AMR. I need a goalkeeper and I need a central defender.

Dier and Wanyama are perfect for DM unless you've sold them? Thiago Maia is also good.

Julian Brandt is affordable with that budget and can play both sides.

GK- if you can, Donnarumma. Or a cheaper option Fruchtl from Bayern. Both turn into greats.

CB- Rugani or Romagnoli.

These are all obvious options in general but great players who will improve Spurs' squad.

39 minutes ago, WhiteRose90 said:

Dier and Wanyama are perfect for DM unless you've sold them? Thiago Maia is also good.

Julian Brandt is affordable with that budget and can play both sides.

GK- if you can, Donnarumma. Or a cheaper option Fruchtl from Bayern. Both turn into greats.

CB- Rugani or Romagnoli.

These are all obvious options in general but great players who will improve Spurs' squad.

I have wanyama but would like someone with more skill on the ball.

CB i'm thinking Laporte, he has 61mil release clause.

Donnaruma I know, but I'm afraid he could be too expensive. I will try,we'll see.

How much is the price for Brandt?

3 hours ago, luka_ said:

I have wanyama but would like someone with more skill on the ball.

CB i'm thinking Laporte, he has 61mil release clause.

Donnaruma I know, but I'm afraid he could be too expensive. I will try,we'll see.

How much is the price for Brandt?

Laporte is great too.

If you unsettle him, you can get Donnarumma for around the 50 mark.

Brandt on the other hand will cost more. The asking price always puts me off but he is a great consistent player on the game.

22 hours ago, WhiteRose90 said:

I'm currently about 12 league games into my season (W11 D1) and yet to concede a goal. I will try and provide screenshots tomorrow.

Here are some screenshots to back up my claims. This is probably my most successful save ever with Spurs so I'm quite proud of it :D

SPURS.jpg

SPURS2.jpg

SPURS3.jpg

SPURS4.jpg

SPURS5.jpg

5 hours ago, WhiteRose90 said:

Here are some screenshots to back up my claims. This is probably my most successful save ever with Spurs so I'm quite proud of it :D

SPURS.jpg

SPURS2.jpg

SPURS3.jpg

SPURS4.jpg

SPURS5.jpg

Great effort. 15 games without conceding is some effort :applause:

Can you post a screenshot of what formation you use and team instructions?

2 hours ago, dan_bre_1988 said:

Great effort. 15 games without conceding is some effort :applause:

Can you post a screenshot of what formation you use and team instructions?

Thanks pal. Typically, I lost 2-0 to Arsenal in the next game :D

Sure, here it is.

TACTICS.jpg

On 1/28/2018 at 11:25, luka_ said:

get verratti. and enjoy the rest of your season(s)

Just started a fresh Spurs game with the new data update so I have Lucas Moura in the ranks.

£65m starting budget as usual, where is the first priority of strengthening – Second striker and Left Back?

Central defence looks very well covered with Foyth and Sanchez arriving and Dier being very capable there.

Central Midfield has some ridiculous talent, Winks looks very good already.

Attacking Mid positions also well covered especially with Moura added.

I don’t really want to go and flash £60m odd on Belotti or someone, I like to try and play a little bit more realistic but struggling to see a competent second striker to rotate with Kane.  Ben Yedder has a very low release clause but the scouts don’t fancy him.  Any recommendations?

Archived