Fm18- Spurs

dan_bre_1988

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ended going for Dolberg for £16.5m rising to £30m made up of loads of add ons for appearances, goals etc - The scout reviews that came back were insane!

I have also signed Malang Sarr as a defensive prospect who can play left back for £10m. 

That will probably do for signings, unless anyone can recommend some hot prospects to secure early.  First team doesn’t really need touching after that.

Only played some pre season friendlies but really struggling to get a fast flowing tactic that utilises Kane.  Trying 3 at the back at the moment as below on attacking mentality.

GK – Sweeper Keeper – Attack (Lloris)

DC – Central Defender – Defend (Dier/Sanchez)

DC – Ball Playing – Defend (Toby)

DC – Central Defender – Defend (Vertonghen)

WBR – Wing Back – Attack (Trips/Aurier)

WBL – Wing Back – Attack (Davies/Sarr)

MC – DLP – Support (Dembele/Winks/Sissoko)

MC – Ball Winning – Defend (Wanyama/Dier)

MC – Mezzala (Dele)

AMC – Advanced Playmaker – Attack (Eriksen/Lucas)

ST – Advanced Forward – Attack (Kane/Dolberg)

Lamela, Son, Rose & Llorente all out injured at start as usual.

Any suggestions for team instructions or adjustments to player roles?

• 2 weeks later...

I've just got the game and am starting a new Spurs save. 

I was thinking of going for the 4312 initially because of the injuries to the wingers and sign Dembele or Dolberg. I also want to sign De Ligt and maybe a winger who can play both sides like Malcom. I like to have three tactics on the go to keep the computer guessing so I have also created a 3421 wide tactic and a 4231 wide tactic . Let me know who you would recommend to buy and sell and any other tactics I could try

6 hours ago, FM manager said:

I've just got the game and am starting a new Spurs save. 

I was thinking of going for the 4312 initially because of the injuries to the wingers and sign Dembele or Dolberg. I also want to sign De Ligt and maybe a winger who can play both sides like Malcom. I like to have three tactics on the go to keep the computer guessing so I have also created a 3421 wide tactic and a 4231 wide tactic . Let me know who you would recommend to buy and sell and any other tactics I could try

I run a 4123 DM formation with 2 wingers and 1 striker right now and I won the league in my first season. I signed Dolberg and De Ligt, and also signed Gelson Martins. I have nice depth on my wings and midfield also. Dolberg played AML and Striker and he had 31 goals for me. 

I ended up signing Belotti who fell out with the Torino manager after i put in an enquiry as well as Dolberg and De Ligt. Two games into the season and two wins with Marcus Edwards coming on against Stoke to score on his debut. Any recommendations for instructions on two striker formations would be great.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm on my second save now, the first since the Jan Window update.

4-2-3-1, Tend to play control\standard, or 4-1-2-3, which has also worked really well

Outs - Vorm, Sissoko, Gazaniga, Dembele, Llorente

Ins - Chilwell, Odriozola?, Arthur, Locateli, Lafont, Sessengon, Rugani, Dolberg

I tend to buy heavy at the start, but get lot's of players with stupid add-ons - Rugani's add-on's take him to £30M, but I got him for 16M, Similar with Lafont\Locateli

Sessongon\Chilwell have decent potential, but also for the English\Home Grown Quota.

Was torn about Dembele, he's a good tutor, something that's massively missing in the Spurs save.

I should add that i play youth development saves, so i only buy for maybe 2/3 seasons tops. then it's youth players - Yet to run a long term save on 18 yet, my 17 save was 14 seasons running that way/

1st Season, Pushing for Title, and scraping through to Champions League. Just pulled in a "Potential Golden Generation" in the youth intake - 2-3 that could make the long term squad, the rest are all upgrades on current youth\U23 squad!

Sanchez got injured for the season (Was a decent backup)

Anyone tried a new save since the update? I'm having a fair issue trying to get Dele firing! He's playing as shadowStriker at the moment

Post update, he's an AMC, I had him in MC pre-update.

Son has been great, Moura has been too - does not like big games - I normally avoid these players?

I plan to move on, and upgrade on Wanyama. Then Aurier, Rose. Torn on Moura - He does well, but do i move on a player just down to the big games link?

(Please forgive name spellings, I'm Carl, it takes me 3/4 attempts to write that most times!)

• 1 month later...

I started a new save too with Spurs after the winter update. Somes players receive a boost it seems.

My first season wasn't so good but i manage to finish in the 4th position.

5ad79ed594093_season1ranking.thumb.png.e29840baa54ba294840cd11f4e85e8b1.png

After a good start i finally made some bad games in march and Chelsea was too good for me

5ad79ee6d4fae_season1schedule.thumb.png.2d5bbadf3b6c96bec9fc9c1b86629fb9.png 5ad79ede5aeef_season1schedule2.thumb.png.f2345cd2260fc734eee83078f6ab7bc7.png 5ad79edfd3202_season1schedule3.thumb.png.74c07e48974e6ae3cb6ed00349229d00.png

Onle one transfert done, Milinković-Savić for a huge amount, but he worth it

Was second season was really better, i just loose one game in Premier League and won Champion's League. A really good season.

5ad79fed981aa_season2ranking.thumb.png.3d71135ac3bbbcd8030d919c319a42e4.png

Here's my results

5ad7a0c0c5c01_season2schedule.thumb.png.c5a6d2b8d94e20bf68e70c85fa80887c.png 5ad7a0b714356_season2schedule2.thumb.png.463d07f691f25cb1fdb82d34740346f3.png 5ad7a0b9c35bb_season2schedule3.thumb.png.46b30c700bd0f10a967d6782f0b68216.png

After my first season, i needed 3 major changes : 2 better wing-back and a solid central midfielder

I just manage to bought my main 3 targets : Trent Alexander-Arnold, Raphaël Guerreiro and Arthur. I add Joe Gomez during the winter transfer window.

5ad7a135307de_season2transferts.thumb.png.c41f9fc1a54e4bcb2b609c72159ca97c.png

All my players was just insane, most of all Trent Alexander-Arnold who won the PFA with a 7,65 rathing with 12 assists and 3 goals in premier league, just insane.

Here's my tactic :

tactic.thumb.png.b179059d76759133838bf5abed6634b5.png 5ad7a325c191c_tactic2.thumb.png.8c200f147ebf594d105ded5b945ba974.png

I put several individual instructions, made some keys changes in my second season, most of all with my wingback. They will be stars of your team with this tactic.

If you have some questions, just told me

• 2 months later...

Starting a new spurs save with updates from Pro Transfer database and 18.3.

What do you guys see as major holes/need to sign depth. 

Off the the top of my head, I think a second striker (maybe pacier and more AF) and a young CB to give options for aging Verts/Contract Rebel Toby. 

Budget is smaller in new update so I don’t want to spend frivolously.

5 hours ago, Dwells2015 said:

Starting a new spurs save with updates from Pro Transfer database and 18.3.

What do you guys see as major holes/need to sign depth. 

Off the the top of my head, I think a second striker (maybe pacier and more AF) and a young CB to give options for aging Verts/Contract Rebel Toby. 

Budget is smaller in new update so I don’t want to spend frivolously.

I did what FM Manager and JBoyd33641 did a few posts up. Signed Dolberg and De Ligt and it will eat up all of your transfer budget but it will be well worth it.

11 hours ago, wetfred said:

I did what FM Manager and JBoyd33641 did a few posts up. Signed Dolberg and De Ligt and it will eat up all of your transfer budget but it will be well worth it.

Has Dolberg been injury prone for you??? My scouts think he will be 

• 3 months later...

Signed Lichsteiner from Juve in my first season for what i thought at the time was a steep fee (£4.5m) given his age and wage demands (£100k pw) but he has been fantastic - 4 goals and 4 assists from 10 appearances as a WB(At) (i alternate him with Trippier)

Can't seem to get Kane going though however Dolberg is a great fall back (6 goals coming from the bench 11 times so time on park v goals scored is impressive)

Playing a 3-4-3 formation with WB's Attacking and Alli and Eriksen in behind Kane, Dembele and Dier in centre - signed De Ligt to play alongside Alderweireld and Vertonghen as BPD's and rotate him with Sanchez.  

Top of the league at the mid-way point.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/10/2018 at 21:15, Dwells2015 said:

Who is going to start the 19 thread??? I’m so interested in how you guys are getting along. 

Made a quick post when the beta was released and it turned into a useful discussion on transfers and squad management.

You might want to check it out, I will turn it into a proper thread if I have the time this weekend.

Archived