FM18 - game speed

One thing i've noticed (and i'm sure many others) is the overall processing speed of the game, including rendering, in FM18 is much slower than in FM17.  Is that just because it's beta?  I certainly hope so cause it sucks the fun out of the game when it's so slow compared to FM17. 

Also a lot of choppiness while it's processing, you can see that little circle that's processing being all choppy oppose to being super smooth in FM17.

Hi does anyone know if the match speed will be back to normal when the full game release is out tomorrow 

Never had a problem with my laptop on fm 17 but since the update the match speed is a nightmare taking almost 2 minutes to make a tactical change before the match starts again 

5 minutes ago, ollie laaaaaaaad said:

It's made the game unplayable for me on a brand new top of the spec Mac Pro. It's very bizarre. It rates the graphics as 5* and everything is on max, yet actually playing the non-game part has that odd lag even when moving the cursor. 

It this with a nvidia graphic card?

2 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Are you making sure that the game is using the Radeon graphics card, rather than the Intel HD Graphics? Have you also made sure to update to the latest drivers for your graphics?

I have zero idea where, or how, I'd go about doing that

Edit: I've just checked and everything is up to date. I don't know how to set one card rather than the other to run the game. I had zero issues with FM17 right up until the full release of 18 (there was no retina available on the beta). It's currently a choice between a crappy looking game, or one that's laggy and damn near unplayable. 

12 hours ago, ollie laaaaaaaad said:

It's made the game unplayable for me on a brand new top of the spec Mac Pro. It's very bizarre. It rates the graphics as 5* and everything is on max, yet actually playing the non-game part has that odd lag even when moving the cursor. 

Same here pal! Got a brand new MSI gaming laptop that 17 with loads of leagues runs fine, 18 however is a right struggle. The time between continues is taking ages, even clicking from 1 screen to another there's a second or so lag. Can't play it at all!

3 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Same here pal! Got a brand new MSI gaming laptop that 17 with loads of leagues runs fine, 18 however is a right struggle. The time between continues is taking ages, even clicking from 1 screen to another there's a second or so lag. Can't play it at all!

The lag on this UI is an absolute nightmare. Albeit i only get it when entering the Board section or like Staff

I can't believe that my brand new top of the range 15in MacBook Pro is struggling to move the cursor through a small preferences menu without the curser lagging by about a second. This is rediculous for something that is supposed to be Mac compatible and something that I have paid £30 for.

FM 17 was quick as hell and in FM18 I can't even move the mouse around on a flat, basic 'Player Profile' screen without the pointer trailing 6 inches behind where I've just moved it to, even though FM says my machine has 5* performance?

Not best pleased, and I don't think that "just turn off retina mode' is a good enough excuse considering every other program and high-spec game that I've thrown at my Macs over the last few years have performed perfectly well when using the retina display. Why is my Mac struggling to cope on a UI screen made up primarily of about 6 basic colours and a few tables of text?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, EdL said:

Can anyone with issues please post in the bugs forum and send us your save games, we are not seeing this internally so we need to be able to reproduce it.

You must be as two weeks ago I posted in the bugs forum to be told it was a known issue and is under review

So either it is or it isn’t? 

• SI Staff

We fixed a lot of cases that we did reproduce and for most people it was fixed, but there are still some people with issues, so we need to try and get to the bottom of it. Believe me we want to figure it out as much as you guys, but if we can't reproduce it ourselves than we cannot fix it.

6 minutes ago, EdL said:

We fixed a lot of cases that we did reproduce and for most people it was fixed, but there are still some people with issues, so we need to try and get to the bottom of it. Believe me we want to figure it out as much as you guys, but if we can't reproduce it ourselves than we cannot fix it.

The lag mainly occurs whilst processing. Ie the bar at the top showing the scores. I was told that was a known issue

• SI Staff

Ok that is a known issue - but there are lots of different slowdowns being talked about here. The slowdown on the processing bar doesn't actually affect the speed of processing, it is just a lag updating the UI because the game is busy processing.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine issue is the when I play the game is very slow that a player passes the ball to another player it have to be 6 same pass like you doing a replay of the pass.thats why it took like a 35 mins for only 1 game.i swap for fm 17 again much more better than this fm 18

My game is so slow when making tactical changes in a match. Takes over 30 seconds to load. It makes it pretty much unplayable for me as I play full match and I'm constantly making changes. Makes me want to pull my hair out it's so slow yet my game speed is 5 stars and my graphics rating is 3 stars. I play at medium graphics quality but it still does the same if I try low.

Archived