Fallen Giant Save

Save  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What save do I start

• AC Milan
    • Marseille
    • Schalke
    • Valencia

Parma are currently in Serie B after being demoted to Serie C last year. It would be worth a shout to rebuild them into the European competitor they were in the 90's.

Also, they haven't fallen so much as been overtaken, but Lyon in the French Ligue 1 were once THE dominant team in French football. Now there is stern competition from Nice, not to mention the chance to catch up to Monaco and the star studded Paris Saint-Germain.

Schalke is a sleeping Giant far from a fall yet - if you really like a challenge manage 1.FC Kaiserslautern aka "Red Devils" (Rote Teufel).

Number 10 in the all time german league chart but currently struggling to stay afloat in League 2 with a chance of avoiding relegation next to none.

They have won 4 german Championships, 2 Cups and 1 Supercup playing in a Stadium "Betzenberg" close to a 50.000 fan capacity (They still have the Podcast "Betzegebabbel" with the most range in Germany according to some sources).

That is the most Fallen Giant germany has to offer until Werder Bremen and/or Hamburger SV eventually relegate from League 1 which is to expect anytime soon - HSV "Fischköppe" may even go bancrupt.

Are you up for the challenge?

Among all the squads you list here , two of them might be far more difficult than the two others:

-Marseille

-Valencia

Money wise you're far away from the big boys you compete with

The above teams, especially Marseille, lacks of quality in the team, regarding your rivals for a domestic tittle,

I detailed it in the proper team thread of Marseille but this years challenge in Ligue 1 is the most interesting for years now, as the quality of your rivals is really high and they have money to burn...

Milan should be the easiest challenge imo but that team deserves something different than Montella's current run :D

Wait until the French lower leagues pyramid is available and have a go with Racing Club de France football Colombes 92 (formerly Racing Club de Paris).

They're currently semi pro and languishing Championnat National 3 - that's some way down for a 'fallen giant' long term save.

Have a great save with them on FM16. Got them within a whisker of promotion to Ligue 1, but then moved to a very wealthy Metz (tycoon takeover) - one of my biggest ever FM regrets - ruined the save

54 minutes ago, 98765431 said:

These teams are not fallen far. I would suggest Glasgow Rangers in Scotland (with the target to win UCL) or Portsmouth. An easier choice would be Middlesbrough. 

The Rangers haven't fallen at all.  The old one did, then died, now the new club has had a meteoric rise.

Dynamo Berlin? Won the East German league 10 years in a row including 2 doubles. Now in Germanys 4th tier. Lots of scope for growth as well as only other major Berlin clubs are perennial underachievers Herta Berlin and 2nd tier Union Berlin. Have been to their ground and it's a dump too, So tough but interesting challenge. Tempted to try it myself... 

Edit: or 1860 Munich, recently forcibly demoted to the 4th tier

Archived