[FM18] 12 Years A Slav

wynter

• 2 weeks later...

267ecc733ff26ec2a653869b8975c615.png

Mixed bag in the league where some disappointing results to Pirin, Botev and especially Vrasta have let us down. How we lost to them I have no idea. In general though I think it's primarily our lack of depth outside the top positions combined with having to play a mass onslaught of matches which is sadly leading to some upsets and general inconsistency. Something we're going to need to keep dealing with as long as we progress through Europe. And the only way to really build the squad to compete on all fronts is to keep progressing/winning in Europe and using the Prizemoney to bolster our team.

ea10de183bacfee4c6943fd934da13ca.png

Top half of the table, and in the Playoff spots but Levski are already a cause for concern.

71175303841408c9c21941e71b85deef.png

Europe Wise we started well and at the halfway point we sit in 2nd with the group delicately poised. A silly mistake by our defence led to a soft goal for Young Boys but we were able to immediately cancel it out through some brilliance by Dimitrov as he curled on into the top corner.

2aef53aff60db55107f90fd007e68811.png

Player of the Update

Antonis Stergiakis

d333fa606cd5d4640b703695321d6794.png

Saved us points a fair few of times, which given how far behind we are in the league is genuinely impressive. Great goalkeeping vs Young Boys let us emerge with a point and standout performances vs Vrasta and Septemvri saved us from being in an even worse position.

Hoping to update the rest of this season tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

0d27a96e67bc21552655827945d29b5b.png

Always knew our play was divinely inspired...

Next update coming out tonight and with it begins 

Vasil's Voyage

The start of Kostadin Vasilev's trek to the top of World Football

Chapter One: Arrival

“So that’s him then?”

They’re sitting in the seats surrounding the training ground, watching from afar as Price casts his eye over the latest batch of youngsters to be introduced to the Youth System. 

Only one catches his eye though. 

As if he knows he’s the subject of conversation the player in question turns and plays his striker through for a goal, slicing a defence in half with a single pass. 

“The best player to come through in years?” Price asks, making sure that those were the words his Head of Youth Development had given him. 

Ivanov nods. “Trust me boss, this guy is going to be a star.” 

Karabelyov, the Hristov twins, Krastev. Ivanov has seen them all, he’s practically raised them all into the footballers they are today and when he says that this one is the best to come through in years, that statement is the height of praise and borderline ludicrous. 

But the possibilities if a statement like that was true… 

“I want to bring him into the first team, tell him he trains with me tomorrow.” 

Ivanov pales at the command. “I don’t think that’s a great idea Jason-” He starts but Price is already walking away, thinking of all the new ways a player like that could change his team. He doesn’t notice the fear in his employee’s eyes, and he’s too far away to see the fear in Vasilev’s teammates, fear that will promptly leave them when Kostadin doesn’t show up for training tomorrow. 

It’s the first day that Price realises something is up. 

Any greetings the kid gets are shunned, any messed up pass is greeted with a roar of frustration and as much as he thinks it might be first day nerves there’s another fear dwelling in the dark recesses of his mind. 

Could his pet project be just a little temperamental? It’s a worrying thought and one which occupies his mind as he tries to relax in his office but all he can think of is how to ensure he can mould this kid into the future of Bulgaria. 

Ivanov finds him a few hours later, rushing into the room to find Price with his head buried in a novel. His expression a blur of both distraction and intrigue, head not quite in the novel but still managing to enjoy it nonetheless. 

“Boss?”

Price motions to the seat in front of him and Ivanov sits down. 

There’s an uncomfortable atmosphere to the silence as Price finishes the page. One fraught with a tension that can only be a result of indecision and a bead of sweat runs down his forehead as Price finally closes the book with a sigh. 

“I want you to tell me everything I need to know about this kid.”

Vasilev June-November

f6dc8e8d1a4cace38e2af6d30ad93b08.png

efb3165534fde42a064d075b8ce74e34.png

16 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Looks class, that personality is not great but it's not the worst either. Hopefully, he does not fight the tutor

"What do you mean that I need to improve my finishing? My finishing is great!" *punches tutor in the face*

Archived