FM18 Conference National/North/South General Thread

QSF25

I've got a Stockport County save going, here are some stand out performers:

Lionel Stone, well known free transfer from last year. Still unattached, is performing well for me again.

Sameron Dool, another free transfer. Can play striker or right wing

Sam Berry, again a free transfer. Centre back

I've also got some great loan players for no contribution:

Cameron Healey from Mansfield

Jake Evans from Swindon

George Hughes from Shrewsbury

Ellis Hudson from Bradford

Josh Gregory from Wigan

If you can get him, Robbie McKenzie from Hull. I had him on loan in an 18.02 save but after the update, Hull won't loan him to me

On 07/11/2017 at 23:20, chucklehead said:

Cameron Healey from Mansfield

He's been my best player in my first season with Salford City as well. Won the league and he was player of the year.

I started with York City.

Loans

Virtue and Phillips from Liverpool.

Greenwood from Sunderland.

Clackstone from Hull.

Iliev from Arsenal.

Jakubiak from Watford.

Ins

Charlie Hayford free (MPC)

Jermaine Grandison (DRC)

22 hours ago, makul said:

I started with York City.

Loans

Virtue and Phillips from Liverpool.

Greenwood from Sunderland.

Clackstone from Hull.

Iliev from Arsenal.

Jakubiak from Watford.

Ins

Charlie Hayford free (MPC)

Jermaine Grandison (DRC)

I've just started with York as well, and just to see, I had a look at all of those players. All the loans you've brought in, none of these clubs are willing to send these players that far down the pyramid, how on earth did you manage that? 

Also, Grandison is wanted by clubs like Tranmere, Gillingham, and Blackpool, no chance he's coming to York. 

You been playing around with a real time editor or something? 

32 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I've just started with York as well, and just to see, I had a look at all of those players. All the loans you've brought in, none of these clubs are willing to send these players that far down the pyramid, how on earth did you manage that? 

Also, Grandison is wanted by clubs like Tranmere, Gillingham, and Blackpool, no chance he's coming to York. 

You been playing around with a real time editor or something? 

No, I've started beta so the editor doesn't work. I have tried two or three times to apply for the loan until they accepted, not on the first offer.

7 minutes ago, makul said:

No, I've started beta so the editor doesn't work. I have tried two or three times to apply for the loan until they accepted, not on the first offer.

I can't even put an offer in for any of them, they just say they want the players to play with higher quality players. Every one of them. 

20 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I can't even put an offer in for any of them, they just say they want the players to play with higher quality players. Every one of them. 

With Beta or full game?

1 minute ago, makul said:

With Beta or full game?

Full game now. The beta is no longer. 

They must have changed it then for full release. I'm struggling to bring in any players now, which I suppose is quite realistic. Have fun with those guys though, they'll tear that league to shreds. 

I've found that loans and transfers shifted quite significantly between the beta versions and now the final release. 

In 18.02 I could get Robbie McKenzie on loan from Hull. When it moved to 18.03 they wanted him to play with better players.

In 18.03, Samero Dool signed for me for £350 pw. Now he wants 1.4k pw! Conversely, Sam Berry and Lionel Stone will accept a lower wage.

Back to good signings, Devante Jacobs looks a good left winger at this level. Starts unattached 

Some decent staff that may come to your teams include,

Gorden Ewen -  Really good Assistant Manager and Goalkeeper coach in one.
Luke Anthony & Liam Kershaw - Physios (20)
Remy Tang & Nick Harvey - Fitness coaches
Dan Micciche, Neil Murray & Luke Izatt - All rounders

I signed Berry on trial and he twisted his knee with his first ever challenge! Out for 6 weeks!  Going to stick with Parslow / Rowe combination. 

The fans were annoyed when I signed Healey on loan but he's played pretty well in my preseason so far. 

I think the change from the beta was right. I had Burkart and Barlow from Man U as well as an Arsenal U23 player!  Now I'm thinking of giving Morgan-Smith a chance after Parkin got injured. 

I started a new save with York, in full game.

INS

Jonatas Centeno (Free)

Kosovar Sadiki (Free)

Kris Owens (Free)

Kayne Diedrick-Roberts (Free)

Connor Thomson (Loan from Blackburn).

Kayne DR it's a ****ing crack, as Poacher, 12 goals in 13 matches.

So I signed Stone and Berry again on a new Stockport save upon release. Both have been top performers.

Jake Evans now starts unattached, though I found he wants quite high wages.

I signed Devante Jacobs, he's actually been pretty underwhelming, despite good attributes. 

I signed Rich Dearle in goal. Low wages and doing really well.

Jason Oswell, who starts at Stockport, seems like a superb striker for that level. Scoring for fun for me. He's only just joined the club, so he may be difficult to sign if you'r not playing as Stockport 

Started a save with Leyton Orient and had some great loan:

- Greg Luer is my best player by far : 19 goals and 6 assists in 15 games

- Cameron Dawson : A very good young keeper on loan from Sheff Wed

- Ryan Taylor: A solid striker: 4 goals and 3 assists in 6 games

For the rest, i let you judge ;-)

Capture.JPG

20 hours ago, keeper tom said:

What update is this on? 

I'm managing my hometown Maidenhead and he's contracted to Aarschot

It's on the 18.1 update. I got him on a free from Aarschot,i put in an offer of £0 and they accepted my offer.

Started with York

- Ephron Mason Clark on loan from Barnet has been very good as a right winger

-Agree with the Ivor Lawton comment above

-Also signed Josh Simpson on free in CM, been good so far and can play a number of positions other than CM(not brilliantly but still handy)

On 09/11/2017 at 11:06, Robioto said:

He's been my best player in my first season with Salford City as well. Won the league and he was player of the year.

I've just won promotion to League 1 and Healey is still a starter, I signed him on a permanent deal at the end of the first season.

Great player and still only on £600 p/w.

Currently using Spennymoor Town - 17 games into the first season and we're sitting in a solid 6th, having won our last three.

They have close to the best central midfield partnership in the league with former Gateshead duo Rob Ramshaw and Jamie Chandler, and also start with three quality strikers in Glen Taylor, David Foley and Bradley Fewster. Struggled to bring in many signings although have managed to grab former City academy defender Yvan Wassi on a free, who can play right across the back line and boasts impressive physical attributes (and an impressive youtube channel).

Also for anyone starting in the North, Curzon Ashton are a good side to raid, as they have quite a few decent players on non-contracts. Sam Madeley is an outstanding all around forward and looks easily good enough for higher levels, Joe Guest can play right down the left and Cameron Mason is a decent 'keeper option.

2 hours ago, CityAndColour said:

Currently using Spennymoor Town - 17 games into the first season and we're sitting in a solid 6th, having won our last three.

They have close to the best central midfield partnership in the league with former Gateshead duo Rob Ramshaw and Jamie Chandler, and also start with three quality strikers in Glen Taylor, David Foley and Bradley Fewster. Struggled to bring in many signings although have managed to grab former City academy defender Yvan Wassi on a free, who can play right across the back line and boasts impressive physical attributes (and an impressive youtube channel).

Also for anyone starting in the North, Curzon Ashton are a good side to raid, as they have quite a few decent players on non-contracts. Sam Madeley is an outstanding all around forward and looks easily good enough for higher levels, Joe Guest can play right down the left and Cameron Mason is a decent 'keeper option.

Bradley Fewster is a brilliant player, I've had him playing in the Championship (and preforming exceptionally) on FM17 so when I saw he went to Spennymoor irl I was quite surprised. 

Has anyone got any screenshots of Sam Barratt from Maidenhead United at all?

Was as recently as three years ago playing Hellenic Premier football (step five in non-league) for my team Bracknell Town. First player we had on contract for years then I negotiated with and we sold him to Maidenhead.

They got promoted from National League South last season and are enjoying a good start to National League Premier this season - currently twelfth with is great for a part time team.

Sam recently played for England C team too.

Thanks,

Duds

57 minutes ago, duds said:

Was as recently as three years ago playing Hellenic Premier football (step five in non-league) for my team Bracknell Town. First player we had on contract for years then I negotiated with and we sold him to Maidenhead.

They got promoted from National League South last season and are enjoying a good start to National League Premier this season - currently twelfth with is great for a part time team.

Thanks,

Duds

I can't do a screen shot at the moment, but I signed him in L2 on FM17 - unfortunately his stats didn't make him good enough for regular selection though.

He's been upgraded quite well in FM18 and would do a great job in non-league and possibly at L2 level also. He can be signed on a free at the start in FM18 and so is a low (no) risk gamble that I would definitely recommend. 

I hope you get to manage him yourself as you obviously have a genuine connection to the player.

10 hours ago, DefinitelyTaylor said:

Bradley Fewster is a brilliant player, I've had him playing in the Championship (and preforming exceptionally) on FM17 so when I saw he went to Spennymoor irl I was quite surprised. 

His potential is a good L2 striker. I'm probably not using him as effectively as my tactic has a lone striker on a support role, but I can imagine he would be a superb lower league poacher or advanced forward, as he has a really good spread of attributes:

Pace: 14

Acceleration: 13

Anticipation: 12

Off the ball: 12

Dribbling: 10

Techique: 10

Finishing: 9

13 hours ago, duds said:

Thanks,

Duds

Screenshot (1).png

I’m playing as Stockport. Having a good first season, currently fifth all very tight and can recommend the following players:

Ellis Hudson - Winger. Listed for loan from Bradford 9 goals and 13 assists with an average rating of 7.14. Now wanted by Sunderland.

Alex Laird - Centre Back on loan from Bradford. Fairly quick and good in the air averages 7.05.

Cameron Healey - Centre Midfielder in loans from Mansfield. Good stats and fairly consistent.

Jason Oswell - SC - Target Man 23 goals in 33 games. Starts off at Stockport.

Halfway through 1st season with Nuneaton and doing alright in 4th place. Players i'd recommend are Sofianne El Bekri (Plays very well as an advanced playmaker in CM) and Curtis Langton (22 yr old CB, he's constantly improving for me). Both are on free transfers at the start. Oh yeah with El Bekri he's got good penalty taking stats probably be the best in your team, just dont let him take the penalties though think he's score like 2 out of 6 attempts for me. 

Hi all, nice to see that LLM is still alive and well!

First transfer window with Blyth Spartans in the National League North... Looking for a Deep-Lying Forward to partner Maguire up top... Got the makings of a good squad apart from that missing piece. Any suggestions?

3 hours ago, annan17 said:

Hi all, nice to see that LLM is still alive and well!

First transfer window with Blyth Spartans in the National League North... Looking for a Deep-Lying Forward to partner Maguire up top... Got the makings of a good squad apart from that missing piece. Any suggestions?

Try Sam Madeley... Harrogate usually sign him in the first window but I have seen him move to other clubs from there within the first season, and is ideal with that role.

On 26/11/2017 at 00:28, CityAndColour said:

Try Sam Madeley... Harrogate usually sign him in the first window but I have seen him move to other clubs from there within the first season, and is ideal with that role.

Thanks. Signed him on non-contract, 3 games in pre-season so far, 4 assists and a 7.43 average rating. Good shout so far!

After finishing 6th, we had to travel firstly to Southport, who finished as the league's top scorers, where we prevailed 4-2 after giving up the lead twice.

We then traveled to Chorley, who finished 3rd but won the equal most games in the league (27). 1-0 up at half time, we gave up an equaliser in the 75th before goals from Jake Kirby and Fewster in the 89th and 91st minutes sent us through to the final, at 2nd-placed Salford.

This then happened...

93BNzxT.jpg

Utterly mental. We were 0-2 down after 10 minutes and 1-3 down after 55 before forcing extra time. I thought Fewster had won it at the end of the first half of ET, but we conceded again in the 116th. Just as I was planning my order of penalty takers, that man stepped up again, notching his 36th goal of the season with the last kick of the match, and sending us up in the process.

And still the FA Trophy final to come!

7 hours ago, CityAndColour said:

that man stepped up again, notching his 36th goal of the season with the last kick of the match, and sending us up in the process

That's a great season with Spenny! I'm currently managing local rivals Darlington and I'm afraid Fewster & Co are currently languishing in 20th spot in my save so you did extremely well. I'm sitting in second place but Salford are four points clear and just keep racking up the victories.

My best signings so far are Gerard Garner, 18-year-old striker on loan from Fleetwood, and The Rookie's recommendation, Cameron Healey, 18-year-old centre-mid on loan from Mansfield. Garner is a natural TM but I'm playing him as a DLF-a and he has six goals and seven assists in 8 games.

Archived