Sports Interactive Community

Hi,

First of all I would like to say I already play this game since 2006. I never had any problems with fps in the past.

On my current PC, I also played FM2016 without any problem, with 60 fps stable (because the ingame fps is capped on 60?).

On FM2018 my FPS jumps from 15 to 30 to 54 (in the menu, in the match, does not really matter where I am in the game). I got a decent gaming PC, because I can play games like CS:GO on 200-250 fps, so I think FM should not really be a problem.

(My ingame graphics were on high first, then I switched to average & now Im at low (no difference)) Also the game predicts my game speed to be 5 stars (see attachment), which is absolutely not when playing :( I also uploaded an image of my average fps in the main menu, 30-50.

Some relevant PC specs;

GPU: GeForce GTX 960

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.20 GHz

RAM: 8GB

Oh btw, I also updated my Nvidia drivers already. Did not work.

Please help me cuz I do not really feel like playing fm like this :(

fm2018-fps.jpg

fm2018-gamespeed.jpg

Yeah we're aware of an issue of slowdowns on certain screens and it's something we're investigating. Thanks for taking the time to raise it here. 

Yup. FPS erratic, all over the place, even just sitting in menus.  Fluctuates 34-98 for me, even when doing nothing. Tried capping @ 60 FPS, but game seems to ignore that, as it will reach 98 regardless?  I have a 100Hz monitor.

15 hours ago, scaramonga said:

Yup. FPS erratic, all over the place, even just sitting in menus.  Fluctuates 34-98 for me, even when doing nothing. Tried capping @ 60 FPS, but game seems to ignore that, as it will reach 98 regardless?  I have a 100Hz monitor.

Yep got the fluctuations as well, really annoying/frustrating. It even made me stop playing FM for almost a week already.

On 7-11-2017 at 09:10, Neil Brock said:

Yeah we're aware of an issue of slowdowns on certain screens and it's something we're investigating. Thanks for taking the time to raise it here. 

Hi Neil,

Any infos about an update on this?

41 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

How is it playing now for you in the full version? 

Hi Neil, still at work. Can not wait to play the game. Will give you an update in 2h.

3 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

How is it playing now for you in the full version? 

Problem's still the same..

Sorry to confirm, this issue happens when you move screen to screen? The way in which the game loads information on certain screens means the FPS won't stay constant when moving around the game. The only time you should really be seeing constant FPS is when watching a highlight during a match (and even this changes between highlights). Can you confirm that is what's happening to you? 

18 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Sorry to confirm, this issue happens when you move screen to screen? The way in which the game loads information on certain screens means the FPS won't stay constant when moving around the game. The only time you should really be seeing constant FPS is when watching a highlight during a match (and even this changes between highlights). Can you confirm that is what's happening to you? 

Shouldn't I be able to see constant fps when im in the main menu for example? Or just checking my squad? Because it has always been like that on other fm's as far as I know/remember?

I always got that jumpy fps; during a match, in the menu, when checking my squad, scout,... Nothing seems to help. (oh, I also tried playing without anti-virus..)

e: When the game's loading another day its getting even worse.

Edited by eron

The FPS will jump. How is the game itself? Does it seem particularly slow? It may be slower when moving onto certain screens if they contain a lot of data (say the Tactics Screen or the Player Search). 

15 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

The FPS will jump. How is the game itself? Does it seem particularly slow? It may be slower when moving onto certain screens if they contain a lot of data (say the Tactics Screen or the Player Search). 

Hi Neil,

Well the game is not enjoyable at all this way. My mouse reacts 0.5-1 sec later than it should, loading to another day is awful, cant rly follow the match because of the fps problems etc.

Got the problems in screens with and without a lot of information (and even then my PC should be able to reach stable fps)

To confirm you said you tried without AV, but did you disable or uninstall? What may have happened the anti-virus saw the game and some of the updates as a threat and caused it to install incorrectly, which is now causing these issues in game. What I would recommend is turning on Windows Defender then uninstalling your anti-virus program (if it's a paid for version back up the activation code before doing this).

Once you've done so, uninstall and reinstall FM.

I know it's a fair bit to do, but this is the surest way of knowing if the above is causing your problems.

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

15 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

To confirm you said you tried without AV, but did you disable or uninstall? What may have happened the anti-virus saw the game and some of the updates as a threat and caused it to install incorrectly, which is now causing these issues in game. What I would recommend is turning on Windows Defender then uninstalling your anti-virus program (if it's a paid for version back up the activation code before doing this).

I know it's a fair bit to do, but this is the surest way of knowing if the above is causing your problems.

Will try this tonight! Thanks for the reply.

23 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Uninstalled Avast (anti-virus), uninstalled FM, installed FM again & tried to play the game. No changes.

Now I reinstalled Avast.

Ingame highlights are now at 60 fps stable, thanks for that! But the main problem (the most annoying one, remains the same.. A lot of fps drops in the main menu,when watching my team etc etc)

Also the title "game is lagging when watching match highlights" does not really solve my problem as my problem is also fps lag in the main menu, when watching my team,...

Edited by eron

Yeah that's not an issue. The fps will drop when moving between screens and is due to the fact the game will be processing so much data to load up said screens. It'd only be an issue if you had a long delay on screens without much data in. Do you ever see that? 

12 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah that's not an issue. The fps will drop when moving between screens and is due to the fact the game will be processing so much data to load up said screens. It'd only be an issue if you had a long delay on screens without much data in. Do you ever see that? 

The game just does not feel smooth with the huge fps drops (even to '1 fps') when loading a new day. Also, in the main menu the fps drops to 20 etc without doing anything.. That is really frustrating and it has never been like that.. ? Delays are rather small, like my mouse goes 0.5 sec later to the side I want it to go to. Too bad I can not really enjoy the game like this.

On 10.11.2017 at 21:14, Neil Brock said:

Hi Neil,

This is exactly what happens to me. What should i do about it?

2 hours ago, hsync01 said:

Hi Neil,

This is exactly what happens to me. What should i do about it?

Please create your own thread describing your issue. Thanks.