Knap FM 18 Beta tactics

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say GOODBYE 343 is very intense attacking tactic and GOODBYE 3430 from last year. If you used a tactic last year I would try the updated FM 18 version as you would have a good comparison when looking at Beta.

6 hours ago, tremor said:

With respect to the LL results I've been running the 3430 as my main tactic since just before Christmas with Wimbledon. I was mid table going into the Christmas period when I loaned an extra SS for the squad. Since then I've been on a 22 game unbeaten run and finished 4th. Got the play offs to run this evening. 

Was the best ever tactic for 2017. Won the FA-cup with FC United still in league two with this tactic. Also Champions League victory with Rosenborg of norway in second season, 120-130 abb players. So for mr pompeyboyz,  I dont know what your agenda is here, if you want to discuss tactics testing, i suggest you make a thread for it. There is no doubt that MR L`s tactic testing really works, as the top tactics are the best ingame also.

Oh and tremor, have you tried using defensive mentality against teams who just shut up shop? I actually had better results with this mentality after a season or two. Bit ironic that going more defensive, makes you get the breaktrough goal, but it actually works.

Trying to make this tactic function properly in FM18 now, still insane in defence, but not so great scoring as before.

Knap, i can see you have moved the shadow strikers into real striker posistions now, what is your thinking behind this? Shadow Strikers not functioning as great as on FM17?

2017-11-05.png

I would agree.  Cant find the same danger from the shadow strikers in terms of trough balls from one to the other at present.
Still hoping though, might start a game with a poor team to see how it still gets on. If it doesnt work, ill probably try your new one with strikers if you dont mind.

Just now, Generation-Next said:

So you think just because the roles "Popular" It will be a better tactic? Give your head a wobble.

What he might be referring to is roles with better familiarity in the lower leagues.  Won't be too many Mezzala, Segundo Volante or Carrilero capable players in the National League South

1 hour ago, Rober82 said:

Oh and tremor, have you tried using defensive mentality against teams who just shut up shop? I actually had better results with this mentality after a season or two. Bit ironic that going more defensive, makes you get the breaktrough goal, but it actually works.

Will give it a go tonight, whilst I'm not expecting to go up through the playoffs, some big teams in there, grabbing an away victory would be a great boost. 

I've also been experimenting with running a mixed front 3. Having a pacy striker or target man in front of the shadow strikers seems to be pretty effective. Before running knaps 3430 I had been trying to get a formation that worked like Tottenhams kane, alli, erikson. I was already running a similar midfield and defence to knaps but the flat 3 ss ended up being the most effective. Although the 3 striker variants just don't have the same pressing and defensive solidity. 

The 4321 or 3421 are the Spurs type set ups. I also like to use a narrow 4231 and bring Marcus Edwards on for a few games.

I often uss players with red for a role in LL even Davies  at Spurs is red for the pushed up WB role. At the moment it is good to experiment with the new roles

4 hours ago, Generation-Next said:

So you think just because the roles "Popular" It will be a better tactic? Give your head a wobble.

No, read better next time. I'm just tired of non-usable roles and formations gets success and classic 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 can't work as well as others.

4 minutes ago, knap said:

I just use AM and maybe positional role training if needed.

There is no amc in bluematter tactic and there is no option to choose AM invidual training. Tactic has 3 central midfielders and should i use cm for invidual or players own main roles?

I let the staff do everything apart from OIs. I do this even in LL when the staff attributes are not so good, but if you can get a good AM. I am using FMT so even less to do.

This is the original test team and they did not fit either, and I do not retain for minor role differences.  The CM A is the playmaker type player with B2B or more defensive minded CMs either side. 

5 minutes ago, knap said:

This is the original test team and they did not fit either, and I do not retain for minor role differences.  The CM A is the playmaker type player with B2B or more defensive minded CMs either side. 

Okay i see , thanks for all informations sir :)  , sorry for being a pain :( <3

WB on attack in Blue Matter results in scoring a ton of goals, but if you want to shore the defence up a bit I stick the right sided central midfielder back into a DM position on defend and place the other two central midfielders as a two in front of him (same roles as original tactic) and that makes you more solid defensively. It does also reduce scoring power a bit though but is more balanced.

BLUE MATTER is about goal scoring, but if happy with a lead you can always use a SUS tactic to close out game.

I will have a look at DM, but again once in the lead being more defensive can see out a game.

Always have a SUS type tactic available. These can also be used for very difficult away games.

You can play in this way. There is no reason not to start with a different tactic for home or away games. I often change formation to use best players available, so you can use a mix of tactics .

They are the most versatile regarding attributes. 

I used to get on loan a striker from Wolves with pace and finishing and could destroy teams in LL, so other roles are more focused on specific attributes.

Your WBs do an awful lot of work, so worth  finding good players for this role.

20 minutes ago, knap said:

They are the most versatile regarding attributes. 

I used to get on loan a striker from Wolves with pace and finishing and could destroy teams in LL, so other roles are more focused on specific attributes.

Your WBs do an awful lot of work, so worth  finding good players for this role.

We can always use that table for bigger clubs and simply extrapolate the values in green and dark green, right ?

It is probably +1 in attributes for every league above, as a rough guide. I use attribute masking but you should always read  the scout report for the hidden attributes. Younger players also have the potential to develop especially with match time.

The FBs also need to bomb up and down wings all day so stamina natural fitness are key attributes if you can get them.

Last year I could only find some CD with Determination 1, but they were still on an average of 7.5 rating.

Archived