FM18 player links

I don't have the game yet, patiently waiting for a demo, but I've watched lots of videos on YouTube and there something I have noticed with the new player links, which brings up a questions.

So far I have seen links between full back and wingers, the CB's, the midfield 2/3, the strikers and CAM. like so: 

kAoVf0O.png

I understand that these links are created when players start to link well with each other. But why are we restricted to these links? Can a CB pairing not get a link with the DM? Can a IWB not get a link with a CAR, who then gets a link to an IF? Or wingers to the ST? And so on and so on.

Partnerships form all over the pitch, so far from what I have seen, which is quite a lot so far, these links only happen in certain areas. Just wondered if anyone has seen any other links appear as of yet?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, craigd84 said:

@herne79 can you give any insight pal? 

having say IWB link with a CAR who then links to IF who then links with a ST would be nice...

Yeh it would be nice.

That screenshot in the OP I guess is from pre-release beta, kinda hard to see how someone in the fullback position with a defend duty forms a good partnership with an attack duty winger at AML...

Looks like at present it's just the "obvious" positions - midfielders, defenders, even AMC and 2 strikers.  Not sure how deep these links will go and maybe (speculating here) we'll see the feature enhanced as the game develops.  However, still no replacement for seeing how your players actually perform on the pitch, so use as suggestions to draw your eye to analyse further rather than "it's broken have to fix / works well don't change".

Archived