Sports Interactive Community

Hi,

I can't seem to complete the update and therefore start the game. It says I am missing file privileges. I have tried numerous solutions and as far as I'm aware, is allowed via my Firewall/anti virus so not sure what is going on

Hi @LARulz

Have you fully closed Steam and re-opened? Does the download still freeze then?

If you have and it is still not updating, could you please make sure that your Anti-Virus isn't interfering with Steam or FM. Information on how to do so is on the link below.

https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2017/84_how-to/89_pc/how-to-make-sure-that-an-anti-virus-program-isnt-interfering-with-steam-or-fm pc-r225/

3 minutes ago, Felix Wilkie said:

Hi @LARulz

Have you fully closed Steam and re-opened? Does the download still freeze then?

If you have and it is still not updating, could you please make sure that your Anti-Virus isn't interfering with Steam or FM. Information on how to do so is on the link below.

https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2017/84_how-to/89_pc/how-to-make-sure-that-an-anti-virus-program-isnt-interfering-with-steam-or-fm pc-r225/

I've turned off all firewalls/anti viruses. Restarted my laptop numerous times but still no luck

Any other suggestions? I can see it is also allowed access etc. on firewalls just in case. I don't get what has happened

If you launch Steam as administrator (Right Click the exe. > Run as administrator), are you then able to fully update the game and launch as normal?

Just now, Felix Wilkie said:

If you launch Steam as administrator (Right Click the exe. > Run as administrator), are you then able to fully update the game and launch as normal?

Tried that already but to no luck - without firewall too

Ok, I have some steps below that may help.

-Open Task manager
-Find all the processes named "igfxEM". (You might need to click "More Details" if you don't see it)
-Click "End Task" for all of them.
-Relaunch Steam
-Now you should be able to install the update/game.

Let us know if this helps.

Just now, Felix Wilkie said:

Ok, I have some steps below that may help.

-Open Task manager
-Find all the processes named "igfxEM". (You might need to click "More Details" if you don't see it)
-Click "End Task" for all of them.
-Relaunch Steam
-Now you should be able to install the update/game.

Let us know if this helps.

Windows 10 (fairly new laptop) and have already done that. Not working still

Right, has anyone attempted to uninstall/reinstall FM18? If not, could you please do so and let us know the outcome.

some strange reason re-started pc second time and this time it has worked.:rolleyes:

Getting the same problem but only with FM Touch. It looks like FM 18 full fat has upgraded to 18.03 but when it tries to do it for FM 18 Touch I get the error message in first post. Tried to uninstall FM 18 Touch and reinstall and that hasn't worked.

Will try to restart PC and see if that works - will report back,

Restart has worked :)

Very odd that FM 18 full fat updated no problem but FM Touch didn't. All sorted now anyway. 

Reinstalled and restarted a couple of times and now showing content file locked error when trying to launch.

7 minutes ago, rspone said:

Reinstalled and restarted a couple of times and now showing content file locked error when trying to launch.

Have you tried reading and following the instructions here? - 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Have you tried reading and following the instructions here? - 

Many thanks Neil - that worked.