Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
kandersson

Too many offsides.

Small sample (10 matches in italian Serie A), but the amount of offsides for strikers (especially those with 'beat offside trap' trait) is looking once again off the charts. Belotti leads the league at almost 5 (!) offsides per game, while the likes Immobile, Paloschi, Higuain,Pazzini, Matri, Destro and Icardi are all between 3,5 and 4 (I'm not the manager of any of those; my 'best' offside striker is Giovanni Simeone around 2 per game, which would still be higher than any real life striker but isn't even top 10 here). As a reference, according to whoscored.com in 2016/17 the highest offside average per game in serie A was 1,3 (Falcinelli). This year Budimir is leading the league with 1,6.

This is quite disappointing for me as this very issue was raised last year. At the moment 'Tries to beat offside trap' is simply a bad trait for a striker in FM, which is a shame as it would help giving more character and tactical variation to certain types strikers if correctly implemented.

Edited by kandersson

same issue here... also, my team keeps struggling with full back getting caught in offside position a lot... it seems that almost whenever they try to overlap they end up in an offside position... same thing happens with corner kick takers, they just stay at the corner after delivering the corner kick, and in most cases if a player passes it back to them after the defense clears the ball out, they get caught in an offside position

I agree. I watched the whole match and already realised that the players have problem going back with the ball. They do not pass the ball back towards their own goal. When they are closed down, they would hold the ball until they lost the the possession despite players at the back has lots of space.

And crossings are horrible no matter who the players are. I tried with a few teams they have the same problems.

Any follow up on this?

I'm currently avering 7 offsides per game for no apparent reason. My players don't even have Beat the offside trap.

Do you play comprehensive?

Have you compared real life statistics with FM statistics?