Sports Interactive Community
Ellandroadhero

Favourite players so far in FM18

Andrea Petagna - wanted a strike partner for Belotti in my Torino save, this guy fit the bill perfectly. Goals, assists, hold up play he's got it all.

Pietro Pellegri - in my Genoa save, he's a club legend, all time top scorer, captain, fans player of the year three years running and he's only 20. Oh and his dad is the club chairman. What a guy.

20171220110006_1.jpg

20171220110102_1.jpg

Felipe Anderson is my favorite so far. He can really do it all, score goals, assists and is amazing one on one. Almost a complete winger imo. Got him for £10,25m in the first window. 

Im in 2023 with rangers, my favourite player by a long distance is patrick cutrone, he banges in 30 a season without fail every year.

Dolberg, he is unreal on this game. Gelson Martins, assist machine and chips in a goal now and then. Moise Kean also a beast.

What would people's best 11 be on FM18?

also people's best wonderkid 11 be?

Not really on the same level as some of those aforementioned but Tom Walker from FC United has been brilliant for me in my Salford City save. Currently in League Two and he's been a mainstay on the left side of midfield for me from the Conference North upwards and he's averaged 7.40 over the last 4 seasons.

On 12/20/2017 at 11:09, Stackalee said:

Andrea Petagna - wanted a strike partner for Belotti in my Torino save, this guy fit the bill perfectly. Goals, assists, hold up play he's got it all.

Pietro Pellegri - in my Genoa save, he's a club legend, all time top scorer, captain, fans player of the year three years running and he's only 20. Oh and his dad is the club chairman. What a guy.

20171220110006_1.jpg

20171220110102_1.jpg

Just bought Pellegri in my second season with Juve. Sold Higuain & Mandzu so I hope with some tutoring Pellegri becomes at least as good as those two in a few years. The project is based on a re-Italianization of Juve so would be nice to have a Pellegri-Dybala-Kean forward line for the next decade. 

I paired Pellegrini (target man) with Cutrone (complete forward) for Newcastle and they were amazing.

- Edin Dzeko. Top Serie A scorer at 32 yo for my Roma side. He rarely misses.

- Nainggolan - the scorcherer. Also played him as AM(A) - he's fantastic in front of the goal.

- Cristian Ganea & George Tucudean (Viitorul Constanta) - First is a complete wingback for my small team, second a prolific goalscorer - had 30 goals in 32 games - a smaller variant of Dzeko.

- Andre Silva. Top Serie A scorer at the start of the game for my Milan side - a complete forward.

- Gianluigi Donnarouma - this lad is fantastic even in the first season.

- Dybala - never had him but he always punished me. I had a 3-0 half time lead in a final and the guy totally dismissed my side in the second half, scoring 4 goals.

On 07/01/2018 at 14:14, torehj said:

Tom Barkhuizen at Preston. Great

2018-01-07.thumb.png.196fca5cf5cd905071ae405a555e61dd.png5a522ab02a624_2018-01-07(1).thumb.png.095da2eb0f28d44125da10401e4a7797.png5a522b081b4da_2018-01-07(3).thumb.png.81a274af0554875c79474c6d497c0088.png

Great to see Tom doing so well, him and Maguire have been lethal so as IF (S) with Harrop/Johnson AP (A) and Hugill (AF (A).

Other team members such as Ben Pearson is wanted by Everton and Stoke, so is Greg Cunningham and Ben Davies was wanted for over £12 mil by Swansea and West Ham.

Currently I am sat 1st around 10 points clear, (first season) and look to be going up to the Prem.

5ab00c0e03175_ScreenShot2018-03-19at19_13_57.thumb.png.adc985ae610a2fd800db295101968397.png

Been doing the Poacher challenge with Fiorentina and Chiesa has been unreal as a Complete Forward - 20 goals 18 assists in my 2nd season and 17 goals 8 assists in the 3rd (15 and 5 when I was sacked). I'd love to see his ratings playing in a system with wingers.

5ab00c918e64c_ScreenShot2018-03-19at19_16_16.thumb.png.733f05f6cc99f87d9a81adf67cc70c4b.png

Benassi is also great, surprised I've not seen more mention of him in various threads in this forum - the guy can do anything, I got my best football out of him as a MEZZ-Su but he was doing a decent job as a Half Back as well when I couldn't find a suitable option in the transfer market. 

5ab00e3fa505f_ScreenShot2018-03-19at19_22_28.thumb.png.ff784b11eb7a77c06c658b65bf773249.png

Javi Rudi is one of two players who really came out of nowhere for me in this FM - I was expecting to promote Villalibre and Unai Lopez after my 1st season with Bilbao as I always do, but he just performed so well for the B team (average rating over 7.5) that I gave him a shot in the first, and he did not disappoint! Averaging over 7.2 over two seasons, hitting double figures for assists and over 5 goals each time despite never being a starter, and filling in ably on either flank or even occasionally as a striker. I don't know if he has a variable PA or not, but if you scout him and he's good in your save could not recommend him highly enough.

Another who surprised me was Andre Hahn in my now-deleted Hamburg save - he scored a 15 minute hattrick away to Red Bull Leipzig in my 2nd game and didn't look back, scoring over 50 league goals in the two seasons I played. 

Honorary shout out to Lionel Messi - I've never managed him before but in my one season with Barca he was (predictably) amazing, even if nothing can possibly come close to the real thing. Gerard Deulofeu once dribbled past 6 players and then scored a screamer from distance for me, but Messi dribbled past 5-6 then the goalkeeper and passed it into the back of the next on multiple occasions, and when he didn't, someone else got a tap in from the goalkeeper's save.   

2 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

These two gems. I've ended up with one or the other in a few saves now..

5ab441188b0ec_WalterGonzlez_OverviewProfile-4.thumb.png.7627eb62ecc972bbef836435ae7562a5.png5ab44127617b2_LautaroMartnez_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.94638fb908c6c4d349cc313cc8882093.png

how??? they sign for nufc??

Edited by Purple Frog

Since the Winter Update I'd say my favourite is Juan Mata. Historically on FM he's been inconsistent & injury prone for me, but on my current save he's been fantastic in the first season. Majority of the time I just play him as an Advanced Playmaker - Support, but there's been a few occasions where I've played him as an IF-S too.

2wE4Hxl.png

pdTIBkL.png

K8fnfgX.png

Fiete Arp - was having a nightmare with Burnley in the Prem (first season) and took a gamble on him as a 17/18 year old... Almost singlehandedly saved us and took us in to upper mid table. I play him as an AF with Miguel Almiron (Atlanta Utd) and Defour as his main supply line on the break. Only early days, but he has wowed me...

I've really enjoyed using Marco Benassi on two saves with Fiorentina - the guy can basically do any midfield role, or even be retrained in defence (coaches always say "could be retrained as a central defender" but has the attributes to do full back as well). Over two saves I've had him as BBM, CAR, MEZ, DLP and now SV and he's always performed well. 

Riccardo Saponara is one that might go under the radar when people are looking for playmakers as well - decent set pieces, high flair, vision, technique, first touch, passing and no bad physical attributes either. 

Away from Fiorentina - Matias Vargas from Velez is a great playmaker who can also play on the wing or as a wide midfielder, and Rick Van Drongelen is a left-sided CB from Hamburg who has all the right attributes for a CB (technique isn't bad but I wouldn't make him a BPD) and did very well in my low block 442 with them in spite of having a rotating cast of awful partners at the back for two seasons.

My 2 bigger saves on FM18 have been with Hertha Berlin & Aston Villa, here are my favourite players so far...

Andre Green - Right or Left wing, absolutely destroyed the Championship (2nd season) and is impressing in the Prem too at such a young age. Assists & Goals for fun with this guy.

Andrea Pinamonti - Still young but he is absolutely deadly, do feel he is better in a 2 up top formation though, struggles on his own.

Josh Tymon - Another youngster, left back, had him on loan in our Championship winning season and first season in the Prem, so good already and always improving.

Predrag Rajkovic - Absolute bargain keeper, was a monster between the sticks for my Hertha side in Bundesliga & UCL. Only cost me around £7m in 2nd season.

Jordan Torunarigha - Young Hertha centre back, immediately became our rock at the back, a few errors here and there as he developed but fantastic player.

Niklas Stark - Dominant centre mid, was so good for me at Hertha before Bayern snapped him up.

Mitchell Weiser - If you're looking for an attacking right back he's your guy, can go missing defensively but has enough pace to recover, fantastic going forward.

Jorrit Hendrix. Not World Class or anything but a very good utility player for any club, only costs about 16m and can play CB, DM & CM nturally with the ability to even be retrained as a LB. 

Lisandro Lopez. I signed him in my first season for Lyon, aged 34.He hit 28 goals and provided 8 assists in 36 starts and 4 sub appearances. 

I phased him out in the 2nd season as he declined physically and I had other options, but he still ended with 4 goals from 5 starts (1 CL goal and a hat-trick in the final game of the season despite having not played for 6 months). For £1.1m and roughly £33k/week wages he was a brilliant signing. 

On 04/11/2017 at 12:00, Lobaeux4 said:

Started my FM18 with an AC Milan save and I know Fabio Borini gets a lot of stick, but he’s been immense for me.  Using him on the left wing as a Ramdeuter, he’s been scoring for fun.

I'm getting the same really. I can't seem to find a reason to put him on the field, stat-wise compared to others on the AC Milan team, yet when he plays he seems to be awesome..

Ben Woodburn at Liverpool. I got lucky with his starting PA, it's 2023 in-game and he's rated "world class" by my coaches and is a club legend. Scored all 4 goals in this season's FA Cup final against Everton, then scored again in the Champions League Final win over Real Madrid, is the League's top scorer and player of the year... Still yet to reach his peak. 

2 hours ago, ..Valhalla.. said:

Ben Woodburn at Liverpool. I got lucky with his starting PA, it's 2023 in-game and he's rated "world class" by my coaches and is a club legend. Scored all 4 goals in this season's FA Cup final against Everton, then scored again in the Champions League Final win over Real Madrid, is the League's top scorer and player of the year... Still yet to reach his peak. 

He is great indeed, even though his PA changes through each career since he has a negative PA. What is your formation, and which role & duty does he play in?

@talhak - he plays as a False 9, support duty. Or advanced forward, attack.

23yrs old, valued at £68m and is a solitary goal away from becoming Wales' all-time leading scorer (Bale on 33 goals has retired long ago).

EDIT - oh, and I play 4-4-2 with inverted wingers (and F9s) or inverted wingbacks (and advanced forwards). Keeps the oppo guessing ;) 

Edited by ..Valhalla..

My favorite players for FM18 are as follows:

• Arthur
  • Leon Bailey
  • Kai Havertz
  • Trent Alexander-Arnold
  • Anthony Martial
  • Patrick Cutrone
  • Kingsley Coman
  • Mickaël Cuisance
  • Matthijs de Ligt
  • Wilfred Ndidi