Favourite players so far in FM18

Ellandroadhero

Ruben Neves.

So far 16 games into the championship he has the most assists in the league (9), the highest average rating (7.80) and the most key passes (49). The 2nd highest key passes in the league is only 29, so he’s definitely a class above this league. 

Edit: I’m playing him as a deep lying playmaker on support in a 5-2-3 WB formation.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, NavyWolf87 said:

You should have an option to buy, unless it hasn't been included in the game. Wolves have said they do have one in place irl - £12million I believe.

UTW! 

Yeah this is true, I’m doing a Wolves career and he has a 15 million pound option to buy.

41 minutes ago, NavyWolf87 said:

You should have an option to buy, unless it hasn't been included in the game. Wolves have said they do have one in place irl - £12million I believe.

UTW! 

26 minutes ago, aStriker said:

Yeah this is true, I’m doing a Wolves career and he has a 15 million pound option to buy.

Yea I brought him after I posted this, he does have an option to buy, but he also has a release clause which is 10 mil so you should be able to sign him slightly cheaper than the option to buy if you decide to.

It was more I didn't expect wolves to keep me a big enough transfer budget to buy him and get other players in, but they gave me £35mil for the 2ndseason so was all good.

Wilem Tomlinson doesn't became much of a player anyway.

I'm managing Blackburn too and my favourite player was Rankin-Costello before West Ham met his release clause of 14 million and I had to sell him.

Some good players ive had are Thierry Ambrose who broke the premier league record for assists, Stephy Mavididi who bangs them in, Bright Enobakhare, George Wilson who is a better BWM than Tomlinson.

But my favourite player so far is Branimir Hrgota who scored 26 goals in 31 games for me in his first season in the premier league grabbing the leagues top scorer in the process. This season hes scored 14 goals in 8 league games. I picked him up on a free and hes now worth 30 million aged 27.

Dominik Kohr,  good old-fashioned enforcer.  Does all the dirty work no one else will do and is bloody good at it too.  Picks up a hell of a lot of cards though.  SS attached shows 12 yellows and 1 red at Christmas.

5a10bbf25e905_ScreenShot2017-11-18at22_57_00.thumb.png.e86b35056b9d4b588e919f6e820a4bbb.png

On 14/11/2017 at 11:52, Lucas_26_7 said:

It's tough, managing Blackburn but I would say my star man has been Elliot Bennett. His average rating is like 7.79 or something ridiculous.

Other players that have been very good for me include Charlie Mulgrew, Ben Gladwin and Marcus Antonsson. Special shoutout to Diomansy Kamara who has been solid for me despite being 37 years old since I got him as a free agent.

On the flip side, my most hated player is Wilem Tomlinson. I brought him up from the Under 23's to the first team halfway through the season and was doing well for an 18 year old, and I liked him seeing he was one for the future I had broken through. Then I asked if he would like to be tutored by Charlie Mulgrew and refused because he knew better and I thought that is strike one, he was relegated to the bench. A few weeks later I tried again with a different player, this time Kamara, and once again he refused. Strike two, you're back in the reserves and his relationship with me changed to distant. Finally I congratulated him on his impressive training performances and he said something along the lines of 'I am not doing that good and would be doing better if not the sub standard coaching at this club' and our relationship went to adversary. I put him to the under 18's and am desperately trying to sell the ungrateful little *****.

I've had a similar situation at West Brom with Rekeem Harper. He just will not be tutored by anyone! I think i've tried around 4 or 5 different tutors and he says no every time. He hates me now, so he's out on loan this season!

On 19 November 2017 at 21:10, AdaManager said:

I've had a similar situation at West Brom with Rekeem Harper. He just will not be tutored by anyone! I think i've tried around 4 or 5 different tutors and he says no every time. He hates me now, so he's out on loan this season!

Funnily enough, Rekeem Harper is out on loan at Blackburn in the first season and I terminated his loan because of his poor attitude.

Pietro Pellegri at Genoa. I took over Genoa, instantly became my first choice striker. 18 goals in his first season, which as a 16 year old isn't a bad return at all. Then regularly scored 30+ goals a season. Also used Salcedo from the Genoa youth team, both of them were my first team strike force. Was an incredible save till it corrupted

On 17/11/2017 at 15:37, Urotsukidoji said:

But my favourite player so far is Branimir Hrgota who scored 26 goals in 31 games for me in his first season in the premier league grabbing the leagues top scorer in the process. This season hes scored 14 goals in 8 league games. I picked him up on a free and hes now worth 30 million aged 27.

Nice! I have started my first career at Frankfurt where Hrgota plays. Any advice for his best role? What type of service you give him?

He has struggled for minutes IRL this season and what I’ve seen of him hasn’t been spectacular. 

17 hours ago, Mayberry47 said:

5a14a795d7bc2_ScreenShot2017-11-21at22_22_23.thumb.png.bf752d968d6325a181881f103cb659fc.png5a14a7a3d45d2_ScreenShot2017-11-21at22_22_43.thumb.png.1e4a5472d964f77b92c8533546314163.png

14m from Norwich lethal finisher runs all day.

Also shouts to Tomas Conechny (as a left winger), Guilherme Arana, Arthur, Emanuel Mammana and Pedraj Rajkovic.

When did you get Arana? I couldn't get a work permit for him in the first season

Ayoze Perez as a Shadow Striker in behind a DLF-A has been on absolute fire for me. Mikel Merino as a Segundo Volante-A has been brilliant as well. Signed Plea in January for £13.5m and he's scored 5 in 9, so he's looking very promising too.

I started a save with Dortmund and just completed the first season. I bought Arthur from Gremio. A 20 year old centre midfielder from Brazil. I have been very impressed with his performances so far. Very high and consistent average rating and quite many goals. A wonderful key player for the next many years to come. 

Also bought De Ligt to the defence and he also shows good performance. But not as impressive as Arthur.

For next season I have quite many talents joining in:

Geubbels, Moise Kean, Pietro Pellegrini, Cuisance, Paulinho, Vanheusden. Besides that I have Pulisic and Isak which I look forward to develop. Isak has been very impressive as well as substitute for Abameyang as lone striker.

As mentioned above, my love for Dominik 'The Destroyer' Kohr is plain but one of my favourite players over the past few years has been Valeriy Luchkevych (now of Standard); whilst he's not quite as good this year, he has still been great at still a relatively young age and decent price.  I have noticed a dearth of decent fullback becoming available.

On 21/11/2017 at 12:14, Lucas_26_7 said:

Funnily enough, Rekeem Harper is out on loan at Blackburn in the first season and I terminated his loan because of his poor attitude.

He's been doing well at Bristol City (loan) this season - average rating of 7.2+ and he has a go at me if I praise him!! This kid!!

Playing as Crystal Palace.

• Yohan Cabaye - has won Fans Player of the Year two seasons in a row as a Mezzala or Segundo Volante, averaging more than 7.50 in each season.
  • Marko Pjaca - signed from Juventus for £22m, he has scored more than 10 goals and created more than 15 assists in both seasons playing as an Inside Forward on the left wing.
  • Luka Milivojevic - excellent as a DM next to Cabaye, averaging above 7.50 in both seasons

On 21/11/2017 at 04:15, Dwells2015 said:

I LOVE Eric Dier... He’s robust and can function as a solid anchor man or BWM. But he also pops in goals and assists all the while having the flexibility to play virtually anywhere in midfield or my back line

Had him on FM17 when I did a Spurs save. I played him as a BWM and he was brilliant. Barely ever had a bad game for me.

On 11/7/2017 at 11:19, QuassoRP said:

Also special mention to Mo Besic who is a brilliant BWM-D

Another + for Besic, but on DM BWM/S with get future forward, unless you tell him to perform well or put him in an important match.

Defender Dario Maresic he start with 17ish decision at 17... Decision is god in a defender, 19 years old and has one League and one Champions Cup on his CV so far, on Everton (No one on that team has more than 10 decision even on key players). Too bad my AssMan/Scouts or maybe thank you god, totally oversold him to me, while he is labeled wonderkid, his PA turned out rather low for me. :/

Nothing like having a 17 year old central defender being a key player on your team. o.O

On 6/11/2017 at 10:19, scott MUFC said:

Lingard is pretty good at crossing to the far post for my Inside Forward

Has so far been less than outstanding for me. Crossing rarely clears the first man.

On 15/11/2017 at 07:18, BrickCommo23 said:

Has anyone used Dolberg on the left inside forward position?

Yes, and he's had a couple of assists. Still a bit early in his career with me though, and he's been coming off the bench.

I know it's possibly a sentimental attachment, but on a Man U save, I've been surprised at how good Carrick against opposition which isn't absolutely high end. passing in the 90%s, energetic, good captain who resolves disputes, gets on with it. Currently have him doing a coaching badge so that he can stay on after retirement.

Confente is a phenomenal Future Italy International goalkeeper.   Never seen a better goalkeeper on any FM or Champ Manager.  One on one with the striker he always saves.   2-3-4 rebounds and he will save them more often than not.  You can loan him on season long loan for free. 

Also Melegoni is another up and coming Italian Midfielder worth loaning season long for free 

On 18 November 2017 at 02:07, Urotsukidoji said:

Wilem Tomlinson doesn't became much of a player anyway.

I'm managing Blackburn too and my favourite player was Rankin-Costello before West Ham met his release clause of 14 million and I had to sell him.

Some good players ive had are Thierry Ambrose who broke the premier league record for assists, Stephy Mavididi who bangs them in, Bright Enobakhare, George Wilson who is a better BWM than Tomlinson.

Rankin-Costello <3 <3 What a man, what a footballer. Although despite my promotion to the Prem he is making noises about leaving, he wants us to challenge for the Europa League this season and I basically still have the same side I did in League 1 so I think this will be my last season with him.

Even if it`s early days, Ianis Hagi and Samuele Longo, managed to sign them both at the beginning of the 2nd season for Steaua Bucharest (Hagi on loan, but I`m looking to make it permanent) and they`ve been brilliant so far, Longo is scoring for fun, whilst Hagi is just superb both as AMC and AMR.

Way back I managed Newcastle in one of my best FM saves ever. Shay Given was my goalkeeper & key player for many seasons. Always had a soft spot for him since then.

Therefore it is nice to see him stabilize my St Patrick's Athletic defense in my first stop at my journeyman career (look what you had me do @GylfiAsCharged :lol:)

5a24f634e5fa4_Skarmavbild2017-12-04kl_08_32_13.thumb.png.df7150032dd3e3f7e3e22787f63d6dda.png

Cutrone. Deigned to come to Wolves in the summer of 2017 for around 20m including instalments. Was top scorer in Championship and helped me win the league and Carabao cup.

Now in my second season (1st in EPL) he’s won the European Golden boy and is scoring for fun 40+ goals so far helping me in our race towards the top of the league (currently 2nd one point off Spurs with three teams below us seperated by 3 points) as well as our Europa League run (currently at QF about to face his previous club AC Milan). From the start I used him mainly as a SS in strikerless formations and the fact that he initially didnt know the position never hindered him.

On 04/12/2017 at 07:21, ekstromlars said:

Way back I managed Newcastle in one of my best FM saves ever. Shay Given was my goalkeeper & key player for many seasons. Always had a soft spot for him since then.

Therefore it is nice to see him stabilize my St Patrick's Athletic defense in my first stop at my journeyman career (look what you had me do @GylfiAsCharged :lol:)

5a24f634e5fa4_Skarmavbild2017-12-04kl_08_32_13.thumb.png.df7150032dd3e3f7e3e22787f63d6dda.png

Haha! This is quality. :applause:

Jordan Henderson-Mr Consistent and sorts all players issues.

Felice Di Amico-Italian Messi, so consistent with bags of flair becoming a key player for my Liverpool side.

Messi-because he is just like having god mode.

Afonso Sousa-scores wonder goals and gets a LOT of assists.

Bernd Leno-best goal keeper under 25 million.

Playing as Liverpool and just beginning my 2nd season.

I bought De Ligt immediately upon starting my save for $16 million and going in to the 2nd season he's 4/5 star ability with 5/5 potential. He's still just 18 years old and is already better then Matip, Lovren (who I sold), and Klavan. He averaged a 7.42 rating for the first season as a 17/18 year old. By far the best player I've ever bought in FM for the tiny price I paid to get him.

Some other guys I love on my team, other then the obvious stars like Coutinho/Firmino/Salah, are Henderson (solves EVERY locker room issue and plays great), Kasper Dolberg (wonderkid scoring machine), Milinkovic-Savic (does everything well), Ben Woodburn (wonderkid, star in the making), and Keiran Tierney (bought immediately when starting, he's already better then Robertson and Moreno and he's only 21 years old.)

Nicolas Tagliafico. Picked up for less than a million and has been consistently great for my Sassuolo team, averaging a 7 on average across two seasons. Not the best at running with the ball but has every other attribute needed for the ideal wing/full back. Now club capatain and first choice LB for Argentina national team.

Despite his high injury susceptibility he has managed 60 games in two seasons for me. 

On 15/11/2017 at 07:18, BrickCommo23 said:

Has anyone used Dolberg on the left inside forward position?

Yes, and he's been OK. But no more than OK. And he's only done one season at Man U. He does look like a boy who would prosper with a good run in the team, though.

Andrea Pinamonti.  Absolute STUD.

25158243348_a603f7ee35_o.png

I picked him up for $17m after the bigger clubs ransacked my team after the first season.  Guy is absolutely lights-out in La Liga.  I've been playing him as an Advanced Forward next to a False 9 in Patrick Cutrone in a 4-4-2.

25225801558_3ed030dfab_o.png

Pinamonti got injured at the end of the first season, so I went out and picked up Patrick Cutrone for $35m after Iago Aspas was poached.

25225949708_0fe317b3ab_o.png

27314964939_1820a45a31_o.png

From my Hamburg save: After spending 4 years nearly winning the league my youngsters finally destroyed Bayern in one hell of a season and smashed Arsenal 4-0 in the Europa League FInal{the same Arsenal who turned me down a year before for Phillip Cocu. GOt the poor bugger sacked too!}

1} Fiete Arp- you know how FM has players go into a form where they are just tremendous every time they touch the ball? This was Fiete Arp for me. In a league full with dangerous strikers he finished with 40 goals and grew so satisfyingly I had to kill the save then and there because I was afraid I had seen him peak. 

2} Marko Rog- The player to play as a Mezalla. Absolute god in an attacking role. Picked him up from Napoli for 7m and he has been player of the division every season since two years later, just take a look at his stats! Absolute joy just watching him get on the ball and carry out the FM in game description of the role to the tee. Banging in goals and assists for fun and really made me wonder if attributes do matter?

Only completed one full season so far but Sergej Milinkovic Savic has been immense for my Dortmund save and is firmly my favourite player in FM18 so far.

He's all action, goals, tackles, assists, key passes, headers, penalties... The guys is amazing.

Archived