Favourite players so far in FM18

Ellandroadhero

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got Kasper Dolberg in my Arsenal save. He's a bit red hot and freezing cold for me, but I can see the potential, on a good day he reminds me of Bergkamp. 

My favourite so far is Malang Sarr, cheap, built like a bomb shelter, good with the ball at his feet, good distribution and he's 18. Still in 2017-18 season and he's already a regular at centre-back and also very effective at Left-back. 

I have found him regularly picking up injuries; good when not on treatment table. I think he has a relatively high injury proneness rating. Will be avoiding him on my long term save when full game released.

4 hours ago, mhaffy said:

I have found him regularly picking up injuries; good when not on treatment table. I think he has a relatively high injury proneness rating. Will be avoiding him on my long term save when full game released.

He’s only picked up short term niggles for me. I try not to over use him, and play Huntelaar regularly as well, meaning Huntelaar has chipped in with 14 goals and Dolberg has 18. 

Elneny really is great in this years FM, but my favorite player so far is Milinković-Savić . He's just an absolute beast in midfield without a real weakness. And available for only 20-30 mil. Diawara would be another one. And last but not least Zivkovic, who I loved two years ago, didn't so much last year, but is on the better this year again.

And there are a lot of amazing Brazilians again.

Edit: Oh and Bellerin is insane.

Ellyes Skhiri, bargain DM who has covered everything from CB to CM for me. Scouts and coaches do not rate him one bit, but I do.

And Mauro Icardi does not stop scoring once he gets going, like ever, he started off slowly for me after arriving for £80m with like 1 goal in 4 games. Then exploded for 22 goals in 20.

On 11/4/2017 at 12:46, gandrasch said:

but my favorite player so far is Milinković-Savić . He's just an absolute beast in midfield without a real weakness. And available for only 20-30 mil. Diawara would be another one.

Either footed as well.

Mine so far would be Diawara, runs all day, I accidentally had him as the player left forward from corners and he got about 6 assists this way setting up counter attacks.

Patrick Cutrone has been fantastic for my AC Milan side. He has scored goals for fun but has one major flaw in that he doesn't enjoy big matches. Having said that he's still done alright against Juve and Inter so I can't really complain. I also got Leroy Sane for 20 million cause he was transfer listed by city, he's a god. 

Pione Sisto. Signed him for my Everton side for £10M and he has been fantastic. Scored/assisted in all the big games and against the big sides. Playing as a Winger on Support on the right side. 

Also special mention to Mo Besic who is a brilliant BWM-D

Managing Liverpool. I know Kasper Dolberg has been mentioned a few times already but I bought him in the first window and (when he's not injured) he's been incredible for me. Trent-Alexender Arnold (TAA) has also been great, but picked up a long term injury in my save. Finally, Matthijs de Ligt is worth every dollar I paid for him. Amazing defender and has already chipped in with a few goals via headers from corners.

In the second season of my West Brom save and surprisingly my main man so far has been Ben Foster. He was average last season but since I bought Kiko Casilla from Real Madrid to be my No.1 Foster has improved drastically, he's now got an average rating of 7.30 after about 20 games which might be the highest i've ever had for a GK!

Arthur is great, but as he's been mentioned already I'll go for someone else. Cristian Pavón is an awesome speedy winger with great crossing and dribbling and is (by summer 2018, at least) already a "leading Ligue 1 player". And just £3m, too! 10 assists and 4 goals in his first 11 matches.

Alex Lacazette so far, bought him for my Juve side 2nd season, as he was transfer listed by request, Lacazette wasnt my first choice and as I missed out on Alexis Sanchez (chose 300k p/w from PSG), and I couldnt unsettle Gabriel Jesus after City finished 8th in the Premier League, I've went for Alex.

But damn Lacazette, not only has he scored 8 goals, assisted another 5 all that in  5 games, but also he made Dybala play great (who had an average first season) both have "happy to play Lacazette / Dybala" status.  So I have to admit he really influenced my team a lot ! Cant wait to add Higuain to the mix when he's back from the injury.

It's tough, managing Blackburn but I would say my star man has been Elliot Bennett. His average rating is like 7.79 or something ridiculous.

Other players that have been very good for me include Charlie Mulgrew, Ben Gladwin and Marcus Antonsson. Special shoutout to Diomansy Kamara who has been solid for me despite being 37 years old since I got him as a free agent.

On the flip side, my most hated player is Wilem Tomlinson. I brought him up from the Under 23's to the first team halfway through the season and was doing well for an 18 year old, and I liked him seeing he was one for the future I had broken through. Then I asked if he would like to be tutored by Charlie Mulgrew and refused because he knew better and I thought that is strike one, he was relegated to the bench. A few weeks later I tried again with a different player, this time Kamara, and once again he refused. Strike two, you're back in the reserves and his relationship with me changed to distant. Finally I congratulated him on his impressive training performances and he said something along the lines of 'I am not doing that good and would be doing better if not the sub standard coaching at this club' and our relationship went to adversary. I put him to the under 18's and am desperately trying to sell the ungrateful little *****.

1 hour ago, Lucas_26_7 said:

On the flip side, my most hated player is Wilem Tomlinson. I brought him up from the Under 23's to the first team halfway through the season and was doing well for an 18 year old, and I liked him seeing he was one for the future I had broken through. Then I asked if he would like to be tutored by Charlie Mulgrew and refused because he knew better and I thought that is strike one, he was relegated to the bench. A few weeks later I tried again with a different player, this time Kamara, and once again he refused. Strike two, you're back in the reserves and his relationship with me changed to distant. Finally I congratulated him on his impressive training performances and he said something along the lines of 'I am not doing that good and would be doing better if not the sub standard coaching at this club' and our relationship went to adversary. I put him to the under 18's and am desperately trying to sell the ungrateful little *****.

:lol: I prefer these stories to the liked players. Managing Cardiff at the moment and I'm going through the same thing with Sol Bamba. Love him IRL so was the first name on the team sheet. Had a bit of poor form so reluctantly dropped him for 3 games and defensively improved. He asked for an explanation so I thought he's got the message i'll start him and he can prove himself. Ends up costing me a game and then got a 5.9 in the next. Now he's moaning as he wants to go to Huddersfield to play in the prem even though I'm top of the champ and they are bottom of the prem by 7 points after 20 games! currently rotting in the reserves!

Favourite player is Omar Bogle! Wasn't planning on using him at all but proving to be a great option to help out the hot and cold Zehore!

On 03/11/2017 at 21:38, sedge11 said:

Doing a wolves save and would say Diogo Jota has to be my favourite player so far, he is quality, he's my top goalscorer, got most assists and has the highest average rating in my team. Sadly I doubt will be able to sign him permantly.

I'm going to change mine, as I signed Jota permanently for 10 mil after the 1st season and he had a great start to life in the prem in the 2nd season but got injured for 3 months after about 12 games and hasn't been the same since, so my new favourite player of fm18 is Helder Costa, he was pretty average when we were in the championship but since being in the prem and then once Jota got injured he has been excellent, finished my top scorer in the 2nd season, scoring some vital goals to help us get 11th and so far in the 3rd season is carrying on his great form, he's already got 4 goals in 6 games, and between him and Leigh Griffiths they have scored all my goals in the 3rd season.

Archived