How are you getting on with Scouting?

15-20 judging PA come back with decent (150-160) wonderkids in the 80s and top wonderkids (170+) in the 60s. Maybe that's reasonable... I dunno. I'm finding it kind of misleading to get the best wonderkids mid-way down my list and some average ones highly recommended though.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone explain to me what the "Total: 49k" figure represents if my monthly expenditure is about 28k monthly (335k yearly) and I've budgeted 167k for scouting at the moment? Also, the slider is greyed out and I am not allowed to edit the scouting budget, which has confused me as well...

image.thumb.png.727c67538e242ddb18a38a4a60eaf482.png

9 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

Do scouts on assignments scout people from outside the selected package as well?

They can suggest those players, but you have to pay extra just for that one player to scout them if they're outside your package.

1 minute ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

They can suggest those players, but you have to pay extra just for that one player to scout them if they're outside your package.

Ok, great information. I though you only had to pay extra if they are outside the allowed scouting area's. This makes having a package a bit more valuable

4 hours ago, Weston said:

Can someone explain to me what the "Total: 49k" figure represents if my monthly expenditure is about 28k monthly (335k yearly) and I've budgeted 167k for scouting at the moment? Also, the slider is greyed out and I am not allowed to edit the scouting budget, which has confused me as well...

image.thumb.png.727c67538e242ddb18a38a4a60eaf482.png

The 49k is the money you currently have left in your scouting budget.

You are paying approx 28k a month for your two packages so you can only afford one more month of those two packages before you run out of money in your scouting budget.

What happens when your scouting budget runs out of money? I don't know but I suspect you'll lose all your packages until the start of next season unless you can transfer more money at some stage from your transfer budget to your scouting budget.

EDIT

Actually I see that you have 167k remaining under the 49k.  Have you altered your budget recently and the top number (49k) was the original budget?

4 hours ago, Cougar2010 said:

The 49k is the money you currently have left in your scouting budget.

You are paying approx 28k a month for your two packages so you can only afford one more month of those two packages before you run out of money in your scouting budget.

What happens when your scouting budget runs out of money? I don't know but I suspect you'll lose all your packages until the start of next season unless you can transfer more money at some stage from your transfer budget to your scouting budget.

EDIT

Actually I see that you have 167k remaining under the 49k.  Have you altered your budget recently and the top number (49k) was the original budget?

I did alter the budget recently - I can go back to a prior save later and see if the 49k was the original. What is it supposed to be though?

Also, I’m confused by the scouting packages. I though my scouts could look at anyone in the range I’ve purchased without extra costs but I see now that is not true, and the packages simply expand the range from which players appear in the database when I search myself.

So really I only need that package for a day so I can look through the list at everyone I want to scout and add them to my shortlist or something, and then switch back to a cheaper package? How do you improve the scouting range for your scouts, can you only do that by asking the board? Does the package not affect the scouting assignments I’ve set at all, or do they use the same list to decide who to travel to scout, or would they not scout anyone that charges extra?

Hey guys! Been roaming the forum a bit, but haven't found anything related to what i am wondering.. I guess this thread is the best place to ask and if it's a bug it will be moved to bugs forum..

I have hired a lot of scouts for Liverpool and i want to set up a lot of nations for each of them. Some may only have 1,2,3 nations, some might have 6,7,8 nations and i do of course understand they cannot scout all the nations at once. But when i assign them to let's say 5 nations, i only get 2.. Current nation and next nation (waiting). The last 3 nations don't show up as a list of assignments... but if i remove the currect assigned nation, the next nation moves into current and one of the 3 other nations get moved from nowhere it seems, to next assigned nation (waiting).

So i guess what i am wondering is: Are all the 5 nations i made assignments on this scout for, put in queue, even thou i don't get a full list like i previous FM's? Or haven't i foudn the list? Or is it actually a bug that the 3 waiting nations that's not shown, is not added to a queue list on that scout? Or is it just not possible to assign more than 2 nations to a scouts queue?

Hope for some feedback

Br

Maedh =]

Started in Vanamara National league - asked for short term scouting on ML for 2 weeks - scout only found 1 player despite attending a few games - I thought short term scouting was for pre-season and to help you quickly get your squad togetherand expected him to find more players than one

I'm also scouting next opposition for scout reports for each friendly and league match  - I have a 7.5k scouting budget and after 1 month have spent approx £1k of the budget.  It would be useful if the financial screen advised how much each item of scouting cost so you can plan ahead. Fear is if I scout opposition for all season I will run out of money. Can anyone who has managed in this league and is further ahead than me advise if scouting next opposition is viable for the season.

My other issue is on the player search despite the scouts only having knowledge of England only 2 players had reports / recommendations where as in previous versions you had alot of players recommended. When you also have attribute masking on and cannot see any attributes of the players until they are scouted you have to rely on taking players on trial to have a look at them. I would have thought the scouts you employ would have had better records and recommendations at the start of a game.

It makes the game harder imo but some guidance from SI would have been useful on how to facilitate this aspect of the game especially in LLM

On 3/11/2017 at 16:30, mrdanbartlett said:

Hi all,

How is everyone getting on with Scouting in FM18?  For me scouting/finding gems was my best asset in FM17, but I'm struggling with Fm18 (admittedly not had much time to play). 

I'm Ipswich and have upgraded to European packages, set my scouts some assignments but they have found only 4 players each in 2 months?  That is with no set limits.

Before I would just assign a scout to a competition and he would bring back 20+ players on a regular basis, I could then further scout the ones I liked the look of.  

Not a fan of the new system right now, I liked how I was getting that big list before, rather than just the one player type view we now get to the inbox.  Also I liked the fact that once a player had been scouted it was reported in my inbox - I didn't have to remember who I asked to be scouted then go and check after a week in the scouting center.  

What is everyone's thoughts, any tips and tricks you have picked up? 

Well, the weekly update regularly gives me no end of players both requested and suggested. It's like the big list but you go through it one player at a time, whereas the lists used to not have a lot of info in them. I find a lot of the changes irritating and to the detriment of the game, but this one I kinda like.

• SI Staff
On 21/11/2017 at 06:56, DavyDepuydt1 said:

Do scouts on assignments scout people from outside the selected package as well?

Scouts will scout players within the clubs scouting range. The user can then choose to scout players outside of a clubs scouting range which will come at a cost to the clubs scouting budget. When scouting a player outside of the clubs scouting range the user will encounter a pop up such as the below to warn them of the cost that is going to be charged 

image.png.ed54b29afb1ae23919603192818e207b.png

So if the user has a scouting package of England, but then a scouting range of Europe. A scout can still be sent on an assignment to Serie A for example.

21 hours ago, Weston said:

But what is that 49k?

That was your scouting budget for the season. The total indicates the starting amount. The remaining figure shows the amount that is now remaining.

£3.3K deducting for flights, taxis, hotel & match ticket I should clearly have become a scout in FM. :D

Here’s hoping there’s a Black Friday Steam discount, little things like this are giving me a testing itch.

Archived