2 hours ago, Skogmus said:

Earliest possible is January 2017 (First matches in 2017 continental cups). Assume it's a mistake and we're supposed to start early pre-season 2017/18?

Thanks for pointing it out, yes it should be "early pre-season 17/18"

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great. Then I'm on my way on stage 1: Fight for the capital.

Setup
Manager profile

Really looking forward to managing in South Africa again. Had a few good seasons here in FM17 with Golden Arrows, but I know it won't be an easy stage. Looked up a few of my best players from GA but seems like they are not quite as good this year, at least not this one season. Hopefully I can get through this stage in a good way. 

Quite enjoyed this save once I could get into it. I do have a few questions regarding points etc. As I am at the end of the Season do I have to wait until next season to be in the Champions League or because I am not in it now, then it doesn't matter and I can't get any points for it. Secondly, with regards to the Special Function player, do we get points for every league game that he played in, all competitive games or every possible games including friendlies?

Cant wait for the next stage.

Stage 1 Results:

Manager Profile

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

Fixtures 3

League Table

Transfer History

Special Function Player - Brilliant Khuzwayo

Yellow Jersey: 1st Place Finish = 30 Points | Special Function = (League = 15 Points | All Comps = 24 Points) | Grand Total = 45 Points or 54 Points

Green Jersey: 2 x Winners & 1 x Semi Finalist = 25 Points

Polkadot Jersey: Not in 2018 Champs League = 0 Points

Stage Win: Supersport = 1 Win | Kaizer Chiefs = 1 Win | Orlando Pirates = 1 Win | Sundowns = 4 Wins | Wits = 4 Wins | Grand Total = 11 Wins

Wow really well played @Watson156, I doubt many if any at all can match your score.

I will answer your questions here. 24 extra points for yellow jersey is correct. Its all competitions and no friendlies that count, and only until the final domestic match. just like you did. So the 6 continental matches you played count, but not after the final league match. Points for league win and domestic cups are obviously correct.

Then it all comes down to Champions League/Confederations Cup. When I read about the team I also thought they would be in Confederations Cup. So thats how I planned it. But then I tested it with a holiday game first, and they appeared in the Champions League. I am also into my game, and reached the same date as you. I can reveal that my team is in the Champions League. We are fighting for top spot in the group with Mamelodi. 

So I guess this comes down to me starting the savegame before the latest update. 

I don't know what you others think, but I think points should be allowed for both Champions League and Confederations Cup (I will re-write the original post with points scoring), if not players like me have to restart all over to get the team in Confederations Cup because thats where most managers will be.

Also Watson: How did you manage to get a National A-License? By the time my manager finished B-License the finances where so poor I could not apply for further badges...

@Skogmus maybe you could quickly run through your game to see if your team enters CL or Confed for 2018....

Anyway Watson I think you should finish just the Confed Cup of 2018 and count the points for that comp, all other points are correct.

30 minutes ago, TheEarl said:

Wow really well played @Watson156, I doubt many if any at all can match your score.

I will answer your questions here. 24 extra points for yellow jersey is correct. Its all competitions and no friendlies that count, and only until the final domestic match. just like you did. So the 6 continental matches you played count, but not after the final league match. Points for league win and domestic cups are obviously correct.

Then it all comes down to Champions League/Confederations Cup. When I read about the team I also thought they would be in Confederations Cup. So thats how I planned it. But then I tested it with a holiday game first, and they appeared in the Champions League. I am also into my game, and reached the same date as you. I can reveal that my team is in the Champions League. We are fighting for top spot in the group with Mamelodi. 

So I guess this comes down to me starting the savegame before the latest update. 

I don't know what you others think, but I think points should be allowed for both Champions League and Confederations Cup (I will re-write the original post with points scoring), if not players like me have to restart all over to get the team in Confederations Cup because thats where most managers will be.

Also Watson: How did you manage to get a National A-License? By the time my manager finished B-License the finances where so poor I could not apply for further badges...

@Skogmus maybe you could quickly run through your game to see if your team enters CL or Confed for 2018....

Anyway Watson I think you should finish just the Confed Cup of 2018 and count the points for that comp, all other points are correct.

19 minutes ago, TheEarl said:

Ahh I see now you sold Patosi for 400K, I only got like 10K for him :(

Ok thanks for answering my questions, I will edit my post with the correct points table once the Confederations Cup has finished and I can add those points in. As for the coaching badges, I am pretty sure that you get £800k for winning the Super 8 Cup so that certainly helped. We never actually went into the red, so whenever I finished a coaching badge I could ask to do the next one and off I went.

I actually didn't want to sell Patosi, but after rejecting their previous bid he came and asked to leave and I could only agree on a £400k fee. Thankfully it didn't cost us too badly with Adonis stepping up.

OK, very well played as I said @Watson156. I will have decent score my self, but not anywhere near your points.

Leaderboards I will wait to update until you finish polkadot points as well.

Then as I said hope other users can confirm whether their teams enter CL or Confed for 2018 as soon as possible, and I will update the original post,

12 hours ago, fabreth said:

@TheEarlActually on March and no Champions League, I am in the Confederation Cup like the others

Original post updated that both African Champions League and African Confederations Cup is legal for points scoring.

@TheEarl I love this challenge idea and especially the fact that you leave it open to FMT users. I appreciate that! I will give it a go but won't finish in time. So if that's ok I will pedal behind the Peloton on my tricycle and post updates every now and then - just for fun, interaction and motivation, not for leaderboards. Hope that's fine.

22 minutes ago, vossmaj said:

@TheEarl I love this challenge idea and especially the fact that you leave it open to FMT users. I appreciate that! I will give it a go but won't finish in time. So if that's ok I will pedal behind the Peloton on my tricycle and post updates every now and then - just for fun, interaction and motivation, not for leaderboards. Hope that's fine.

Just play at your own pace. If you know for a fact you can't finish the Prologue in time, might I suggest you start with Stage 1 and complete it first. You can always go back and play the Prologue later. We would always love to hear about your progress and you could always compare your score to those who submitted, but you will not be included in the leaderboards.

@vossmaj I'd have thought it wouldn't take too long on FMT to do the prologue. Just don't faff about with buying / selling players, or interacting in any way with anyone else. No cup games (probably), no continental football. Just (iirc) 14 matches that you can instant result. Phone it in, do better than me, gloat, and move on to the first stage.

Actually, you know what. It might be better doing this challenge on FMT. I might do it myself. It would give me an excuse to re-do the stage.

3 minutes ago, Pino said:

Right in time to still finish to Prologue :) Starting today.

Game Status

League Table

Manager Profile

Good luck @Pino You got a decent start there with 2 games in hand.

A friendly reminder to everyone else that the deadline for the Prologue ends in 3 days time. Its a really fast played Stage so should be possible for plenty of more users to finish this if they want.

2 hours ago, vikeologist said:

@vossmaj I'd have thought it wouldn't take too long on FMT to do the prologue. Just don't faff about with buying / selling players, or interacting in any way with anyone else. No cup games (probably), no continental football. Just (iirc) 14 matches that you can instant result. Phone it in, do better than me, gloat, and move on to the first stage.

Actually, you know what. It might be better doing this challenge on FMT. I might do it myself. It would give me an excuse to re-do the stage.

Will try to find a free evening and get the propogue done. Will have to re-name my manager into "Holiday Man" after that though...

Stage 1 Finished. Just finished off the Confederations Cup and what an easy competition it was. Didn't find it at all hard and was able to play a reserve team all the way until the knockout stages. In the 2nd season I focused all my energy on winning this and was therefore able to have a fully fit squad for all of the remaining matches. 

Confederation Cup Fixtures

Yellow Jersey: 1st Place Finish = 30 Points | Special Function = 24 Points | Grand Total = 54 Points

Green Jersey: 2 x Winners & 1 x Semi Finalist = 25 Points

Polkadot Jersey: Confederations Cup Winner = 15 Points

Stage Win: Supersport = 1Win | Kaizer Chiefs = 1 Win | Orlando Pirates = 1 Win | Sundowns = 4 Wins | Wits = 4 Wins | Grand Total = 11 Wins

Bring on Stage 2!!

I started out in 13th, but sadly didn't manage to get higher than 11th. I've lost no less than 8 points in injury time, which would've put me joint 5th. :D

Games before July 16th

Games after July 16th

League Table

Manager Profile

Yellow Jersey: 4 Wins = 4 points | 19 Goals = 1 point | 11th Place finish = 2 points | Grand Total = 7 points

Green Jersey: 1 Win = 3 points | 2 Goals = 2 points | Grand Total = 5 points

Stage Win: +2 Places

yjlzUEC.png

Seems like both African Confederations Cup and African Champions League is possible. If I'm not mistaken it will depend on who wins Champions League 2017, so if a South-African club that's already qualified from league position were to win, they will qualify as champions and we get the 2nd spot for SA-clubs. If someone else goes and win the cup, I guess you end up in Confederations Cup.

All right, another player who's done much better than me :D make me wish to restart, a few days after the start of the season I had a bad injury to Majoro, at the time didn't realize the importance. But retrying feels a bit like cheating.

Well, at least I still have hope in the Confederation Cup..approaching the semifinal while insta-resulting the league matches

@vossmaj The holiday manager thing is just to have a manager at the start. Then you create a new manager to take over your club, and the holiday manager retires and disappears from history. 

I did start the tour on FMT, and my tactics that worked well on the full-fat version (on the Ultimate challenge) were a really good fit for the Hammarby side (I think) but the game crashed almost immediately twice straight away at the same point, so can't be dealing with that crap, or reporting it, given that it's now more than  a month since the beta. Wish i had time to try out the tactics on the full fat, but not sure I'd finish in time.

10 hours ago, Skogmus said:

yjlzUEC.png

Seems like both African Confederations Cup and African Champions League is possible. If I'm not mistaken it will depend on who wins Champions League 2017, so if a South-African club that's already qualified from league position were to win, they will qualify as champions and we get the 2nd spot for SA-clubs. If someone else goes and win the cup, I guess you end up in Confederations Cup.

Thanks for pointing that out @Skogmus then it will be possible to score points from both competitions for sure. Confederations Cup is probably easier, but will still allow both. For further Stages I will check things like this more carefully before launching the Stage.

9 hours ago, kkfootball said:

League Finish 1st place 30 pts

Yellow Points:30

Special Function:25 pts

Total Points:55

transfer history

player history

I know this score for the special function is a bit tricky @kkfootball. But it stated to take the picture and calculate the points right after the final league game. Thus as far as I can see your player played 46 matches and took 23 points. (The final CL-games don't count)

@vikeologist I know I know. I just wanted to hint to the fact that I might have to make my Manager rush through the season by either Instant Results or holidaying quite a lot. After all I only have 2 or 3 days left... :D  That's totally fine, I'll let you know how it went in that regard.

I at least prepared the save already taking over - surprise - Hammarby IF. Seems like they can't live up to TheEarl's standards this year. They are 15th, picked up 8 Points in 15 matches collecting 1 win. :rolleyes:  That Team Needs some turnaround. Will take it on tonight.

What a shame that your FMT save crashed even twice @vikeologist ! Would have loved to see someone else travelling in that mode.

btw: sorry for this capital/ small letter mess - that's some strange Kind of autocorrection...

11 hours ago, vikeologist said:

@vossmaj The holiday manager thing is just to have a manager at the start. Then you create a new manager to take over your club, and the holiday manager retires and disappears from history. 

I did start the tour on FMT, and my tactics that worked well on the full-fat version (on the Ultimate challenge) were a really good fit for the Hammarby side (I think) but the game crashed almost immediately twice straight away at the same point, so can't be dealing with that crap, or reporting it, given that it's now more than  a month since the beta. Wish i had time to try out the tactics on the full fat, but not sure I'd finish in time.

Sorry to hear about the problems. I don't have time to test the Touch version before the deadline myself. Too much to do the coming days. But please report any problems you might have with any of the Stages...

5 minutes ago, TheEarl said:

Sorry to hear about the problems. I don't have time to test the Touch version before the deadline myself. Too much to do the coming days. But please report any problems you might have with any of the Stages...

I don't think it's a problem with the challenge, but with the game. I feel more responsibility to report crashes during the beta. When a save lasts 2 days before crashing, i just think sod it.

5 minutes ago, kccircle said:

I'm doing the Sweden challenge but not going to make the cut off I'm afraid. I've only 5 games left but running out of time. Saying that - i cannot get beyond 12th place in the league as there is a 12 point gap between 12th and 11th

Do your best, if you can't make it in time, we would still love to hear about it. And also you should have plenty of time for Stage 1.

Stage finished. It was a rough start, players complaining, I struggled to find a tactic that could work, but when things sorted out tactically and the squad began to play as a team it went much better,

Fixtures:

transfers --- player

League Table

End profile

Now, to the calculations:

Yellow jersey: 10 + 16(18? it counts as a substitute?) -- 26(28?)

Green Jersey: 5 + 0 + 3 -- 8

Stage win: 3

Polkadot jersey: 15

Crappy :D

7 hours ago, fabreth said:

Now, to the calculations:

Yellow jersey: 10 + 16(18? it counts as a substitute?) -- 26(28?)

Green Jersey: 5 + 0 + 3 -- 8

Stage win: 3

Polkadot jersey: 15

Crappy :D

Better luck next time @fabreth

Substitute counts, so 28 points for yellow jersey

green jersey should actually be 9 points, in SA KO Cup you lost the first match, but the first match is 1/8-final so you where guaranteed 1 point there.

Prologue

I may have messed up with some of the screenshots. If that disqualifies me then no problem

League Table at start of challenge

League Table at end of challenge

Fixture List 1

Fixture List 2

Manager Profile at end of challenge

Start of challenge

My mistakes are not getting a screenshot from the set up - I had to print screen as the shortcut option Alt F9 didn't work initially until I changed the shortcut to something else. I also didn't take a management profile picture at the start

However, if my score can stay then I scored as follows

Yellow Jersey

2 points - finished 9th-13th

9 points - wins (game 18 onwards)

2 points - 20 league goals (game 18 onwards)

Total 13

Green Jersey

23/8 4-1 vs AIK

14/10 1-2 vs Djurgardens

Total 8 points (3 points win and 5 goals)

On 11/21/2017 at 05:36, Watson156 said:

Stage Win: Supersport = 1 Win | Kaizer Chiefs = 1 Win | Orlando Pirates = 1 Win | Sundowns = 4 Wins | Wits = 4 Wins | Grand Total = 11 Wins

I just looked through this carefully. Could it be that one of the wins against Wits that you calculated was an extra time win, if so its 10 wins. This is from only 14 games so a win percentage of 71,3% in case someone else reaches 10 wins....

Please confirm or state if I calculated wrong...

1 hour ago, TheEarl said:

Another friendly reminder that the submission date for the Prologue is in 41 hours time....

10 submissions so far make me really happy, but would love to see some more...

@Fadedaf
@Muttley84
@GwilymJJames
@skills
@vossmaj

Not sure if I am missing something... You set the Deadline to 26th Nov, 23:59 UK time. That's Sunday night. So that would mean 63 hours from now (Friday morning, 9am UK time) on, right? :D

I started the prologue yesterday evening and it's NOT going well... We lost the first game due to a silly Goalkeeper own Goal literally 5 seconds before the 4 min OT had run out :seagull:

Will finish this over the Weekend unless the Kids get sick or my wife throws the Laptop out the window... you never know...

7 minutes ago, vossmaj said:

Not sure if I am missing something... You set the Deadline to 26th Nov, 23:59 UK time. That's Sunday night. So that would mean 63 hours from now (Friday morning, 9am UK time) on, right? :D

I started the prologue yesterday evening and it's NOT going well... We lost the first game due to a silly Goalkeeper own Goal literally 5 seconds before the 4 min OT had run out :seagull:

Will finish this over the Weekend unless the Kids get sick or my wife throws the Laptop out the window... you never know...

My bad in the overview post I put 25th, in the Prologue post 26th.

So 26th it is, and something like 63 hours should be correct. Thanks for following up @vossmaj

Sorry guys, as interesting as the challenges are, just don't have the time to play this, real life got the best of me. And the little free time I get late at night I use it on another save I got terrible immersed in. 

But I will continue being an active reader of the topic.

Best of luck to all of you joining in!

14 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

Sorry guys, as interesting as the challenges are, just don't have the time to play this, real life got the best of me. And the little free time I get late at night I use it on another save I got terrible immersed in. 

But I will continue being an active reader of the topic.

Best of luck to all of you joining in!

No problem of course. And feel free to join in on any stage at any time.

Alright i've finally finished the prologue just in time. I didn't do particularly well but it was fun anyways. Conceded a 94th minute goal in the last game which was really annoying and definitely cost me some points, but we ended up slightly better than when I took over.

Final league table

manager profile at the end of the season

Full fixture list

Yellow Jersey: 5 Wins = 5 points | 21 Goals = 2 points | 13th Place finish = 2 points | Grand Total = 9 points

Green Jersey: 1 Win = 3 points | 1 Goals = 1 points | Grand Total = 4 points

Stage Win: +3 Places

4 hours ago, SkiIIs said:

I finished 14th in the prologue which means I play a play off to stay in the division ... does the play off count or should I take snapshots as of now?

Don't need to play it, just take the screenshots where you are now.

You can play it for your own sake later, but winning that game doesn't count for anything. (Cant calculate the win or goals scored either.)

For the special player in stage 1, when do he stop to accumulate points? When I'm playing the Champions League group stage it's still considered a part of 2017/18 season by game schedule, even though 5/6 matches are played after the premiership ended. Did take the screenshots now, but they might have been taken 2 matches late, half way through the group stage when the squad went on holiday.

Archived