Because of the problems with managing in Sweden, I have launched the Stage 1 early. This so people can take part in the challenge. Prologue will have a new due date later, when the Sweden issue is fixed. Please when submit your progress, start by typing if you submit Prologue or Stage 1.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, a lot of back and forth now but the Sweden issue seems to be fixed already.

Will check and maybe confirm this later. 

Link

Still I will allow Stage 1 to be started anytime people want.

I will update submission date for Prologue as soon as I can confirm its working again

7 hours ago, kkfootball said:

I have a clarifying question. In regards to the player we buy from other clubs, do we include cups as well as the league matches in the number of games played? 

Yes but only until end of 2017/18 season.

Even though you didnt ask can also clarify. You can buy as many players from the rival teams as you want but only 1 will count for points

Prologue - Hammarby IF

Being the nice guy I am I thought I'd help everyone out by making sure you don't finish bottom. You're very welcome.

On a serious note that was awful. Terrible up front, sloppy at the back. If I was a horse I'd be shot. I used this challenge as a bit of a trial for tactics which I'll be using on my Youth Challenge save, and maybe changed around a bit too much. I definitely need to do some research before I start a long save.

One thing to point out - my manager was born in 96 rather than 97 as specified. I entered 97 several times but it kept resetting. As can be seen below it didn't give me a tactical advantage.

Screenshots

Database

Manager at start of challenge

Starting table

Pre-challenge results

Manager at end of challenge

Finishing Table

Challenge results

My points by my calculations:

Yellow Jersey: 3 Wins = 3 points | 12 Goals = 1 point | 16th Place finish = 0 points | Grand Total = 4 points

Green Jersey: 0 Wins = 0 points | 0 Goals = 0 points | Grand Total = 0 points

Stage Win: + 0 Places

Let me know if you're struggling with the screenshots, never posted links before!

@Ice Ice Gravy sorry to hear about your struggles. I will update the Leaderboards later.

Its ok that your birth year ended up at 1996, I suspect that happends if you are born late in the year. Its much more a cosmetic change if your manager is 20 or 21 years old. People might have figured this out but in the Tour the manager will gradually become older so in Stage 1 birth year will be 1996, then next Stage will be 1995 and so on. (Depending on how many seasons there will be for each Stage)

Screenshots looks fine so far.

Only just getting started with this. Always find it harder to get into games from the start instead of mid way through the season. 

With regards to the player that you sign from a rival club. I'm guessing that if you sign more than 1, then you can select which will be your "Special Function" player and it's not just the first one that you sign?

1 hour ago, Watson156 said:

Only just getting started with this. Always find it harder to get into games from the start instead of mid way through the season. 

With regards to the player that you sign from a rival club. I'm guessing that if you sign more than 1, then you can select which will be your "Special Function" player and it's not just the first one that you sign?

Correct, and you should obviously chose the player with most appearances ;)

13 hours ago, TheEarl said:

@kkfootball and @Watson156 how far did you play in Stage 1 yet? I think I will start my quest on Friday...

Struggling to get into FM at the moment. Just actually need to get into the games and I will be fine. Will just lock myself in a room and get it done. Would like to think that I should have at least half the season done by the weekend, if not all of it.

So I've completed the prologue, and I'm happy enough with the result. Difficult team to manage and couldn't get my strikers to score on a regular basis through the half season. Did climb from 16th to 8th place after beating AIK in the 92nd minute in the final game of the season, sending them down the table. A few results could have been better, but can't really complain on how it went.

Screenshots
Manager profile – end of season
League table – end of season
Fixtures – pre-challenge
Fixtures – challenge

I'll try to calculate the points as well, but you might want to double check in case I make a mistake..
Yellow jersey: 3pts. for 8th place; 8pts. for 8 wins; 2pts. for 20 goals = 13pts. in total, given that I still know how to count correctly..
Green jersey: 2pts. for drawing 1-1 away against Djurgårdens; 5pts. for winning 2-1 away against AIK = 7pts. in total
Stage win: Taking my team from 16th to 8th place, climbing a total of 8 places.

Now at least a day off before heading to Cape Town. Happy to see that stage published this early so I hopefully get to finish it before I get to busy. 

Nice effort @Skogmus, your entry is in the leaderboards now. 9 managers have completed the Prologue so far, will be very happy if we reach double figures and maybe even higher....

Also excited to see who will post Stage 1 first. I am about to start that season today...

Also as a quick note. I have quite a few ideas as to the rest of the stages. But if anyone think they have a good story and something to contribute for one of the stages, please write about it here or in a PM

If somebody else decided to repeat the first stage (which you've said is permissible), I probably would as well. I am ultra competitive, and it's killing me that I botched up my chances forever by trying to figure out FM18 by doing the stage.

But with a week to go, it looks as though everybody else is happy to stay pat.

17 hours ago, TheEarl said:

Also as a quick note. I have quite a few ideas as to the rest of the stages. But if anyone think they have a good story and something to contribute for one of the stages, please write about it here or in a PM

Would love to have a MLS stage. Might also be fitting to have the last 3 stages in France, Italy & Spain in honour of the 3 big stage races, Tour de France, Giro d'Italia and Vuelta a Espana.

1 minute ago, Watson156 said:

Would love to have a MLS stage. Might also be fitting to have the last 3 stages in France, Italy & Spain in honour of the 3 big stage races, Tour de France, Giro d'Italia and Vuelta a Espana.

I hate managing in the MLS, which is exactly why I second W156's idea. Separate the adults from the children. Of course, if we don't have to change the team much it won't be too difficult.

@Watson156 How could Earl make it difficult? Points for big signings? (what are they called; designated players?).

On the whole though, I'd prefer to have more obscure leagues; Hong Kong would be cool, and at least one international stage, though  I'm not sure how that could be done. Maybe holidaying to the world cup, and taking on the bottom ranked team. Is the world cup the first international tournament scheduled in the game? Anyway, don't really care what the stages are. My only real preference would have been not to have to manage in S Africa again. Oh well.

25 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

I hate managing in the MLS, which is exactly why I second W156's idea. Separate the adults from the children. Of course, if we don't have to change the team much it won't be too difficult.

@Watson156 How could Earl make it difficult? Points for big signings? (what are they called; designated players?).

On the whole though, I'd prefer to have more obscure leagues; Hong Kong would be cool, and at least one international stage, though  I'm not sure how that could be done. Maybe holidaying to the world cup, and taking on the bottom ranked team. Is the world cup the first international tournament scheduled in the game? Anyway, don't really care what the stages are. My only real preference would have been not to have to manage in S Africa again. Oh well.

Could potentially make it difficult by, having it a bit like the prologue and starting half way through the season. Maybe make a save game and everybody has to start at the same team (in a tough situation, or small team at the top of the league) and see who does the best. Signing designated players could be an option for points, not too sure what the rules would be though. Could use one of the Canadian teams playing in the MLS and have to try and use as many Canadians or something along those lines. There is also the option of using the new team LAFC who don't actually play for the first season, so you have some time to sign anybody you like or the chance to build your own team through the various drafts available.

I agree about the obscure leagues, apart from what I said about the last 3 stages! Would also love a International stage, maybe it could be used if there is only a short time available, would be a pretty quick challenge as you could holiday quite a bit when you haven't got any matches. Your idea about the World Cup seems like a good one, different points for different World Rankings.

Both Hong Kong and MLS are good ideas separately. There will definitely be an International Stage, how this will be done will be revealed at a later time. It could be together with a club or standalone, points will also not be disclosed for now.

When it comes to MLS/Hong Kong I would love to hear more like a background story, and more specific details to what can make it a challenge, and what should reward points.

3 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I had to get a job so I couldn't spend all day playing FM, trust me I would rather be playing FM all day then having to do a job but I got to pay the bills, I might crack on with Ultimate Challenge after Xmas though.

I have to work also of course. But actually that is one of the reason for this Tour Challenges. The Prologue can be played in just a few hours. And the others will not be too time consuming also.

Brilliant idea Earl and great scenarios so far!   I remember back in the day doing these sorts of challenges when the game used to calculate manager points for each season!

Here's my snapshots for Prologue

Reset a number of times and each time Hammarby was lowest rank of the 3 and in the relegation zone 

Coach Stats.JPG

Game Setup.JPG

Table.JPG

13 hours ago, Watson156 said:

My first update of Stage 1:

Super_8_Win.png

Nice start mate. I did not win this comp, so you have an advantage there. I just have a few months left but can't finish it today. So will be sometime during the coming week.

1 hour ago, TheEarl said:

Nice start mate. I did not win this comp, so you have an advantage there. I just have a few months left but can't finish it today. So will be sometime during the coming week.

Yup, me neither.

And I have some problems in the dressing room... it's another challenge of this FM edition if starting as an unexperienced manager

58 minutes ago, Watson156 said:

Didn't realise that we were in the African Confederations Cup, but this has allowed me to issue a mini challenge for Stage 1. Can anybody beat this score:

Record_Win.png

Played the same opposition in the Prel. round of CL "only" Won 10-0 with a rotated team. 19-0 on aggregate...

On 10.11.2017 at 17:50, TheEarl said:

Important: Set starting date to the earliest possible date South Africa.

Earliest possible is January 2017 (First matches in 2017 continental cups). Assume it's a mistake and we're supposed to start early pre-season 2017/18?

Archived