Sports Interactive Community

@DodgeeD Cheers pal

@rlipscombe cheers pal, I think it is down to regulations all clubs must have Undersoil heating and minimum of 1500 seats. So they must have thought they would stick some seats in whilst doing the under soil heating

Couldn't get going on my journeyman career so going to give this a shot.

I have also gone with one of my favourite leagues, in Norway.

H6o0eRo.png

Lyn Toppfotball (Norwegian pronunciation: [lyːn]) is a Norwegian football club and a department of the sports club Ski- og Fotballklubben Lyn based in Oslo, whose members also participate in Nordic skiing and orienteering. Until 2010, SFK Lyn had two football departments, one professional section and one amateur section. After the professional football department, FK Lyn was bankrupted in 2010, the fans decided to support the amateur department, Lyn Fotball, instead. With the help of some of the old FK Lyn players, Lyn Fotball have won three consecutive promotions, and is playing in the Third Division. The team plays its home matches at Bislett Stadium, and the head coach is Finn Bredo Olsen.

Lyn was founded in 1896 and is one of the oldest football clubs in Norway, and they were founding members of the Football Association of Norway in 1902. The club won the league in 1964 and 1968 and have won the cupeight times. Lyn was also the initiator of the construction of Ullevaal Stadion, which has served as Norway's national stadium since 1927 and was Lyn's home ground from 1926 to 2010. Lyn has traditionally been perceived as representing the upper and middle classes, whereas the eastside club Vålerenga was seen as belonging to the workers.

The club enjoyed some success during the first half of the 20th century, securing many Cup titles, and despite failing to win the league title, had a certain stature in Norwegian football. The Norwegian national football team that won the bronze medal at the 1936 Summer Olympics included six players from Lyn. The captain of this team was Lyn-player Jørgen Juve, who is still the player with the most goals scored for the Norwegian national team. The club's most recent period of success was during the 1960s, when they won four trophies and reached the quarter-finals of the European Cup Winners' Cup.

Lyn also fields a women's team, which in 2012 won promotion to the First Division, the second tier in women's football

[profile removed]

League History

So a club that before its financial problems does have a certain amount of history - my job to get them back up there!

Edited by Crispypaul

@Crispypaul  -  welcome and good luck with Lyn - a club whose name rings a bell for me going back a few years.  I seem to remember them being one of the top teams in Norway for a time.

Moss FK - 2019- OBOS-ligaen

1599.png

League / Graph / Cups / Transfers / Finance  

This was an odd season for us. On the transfer front, I tried to bring in some players of a little better quality. A good young Australian player came in before going out again on loan, I think he maybe ready in a year or two. Sondre Johansen came in a couple of years ago, he was a superb defender for me but he was sold behind my back and I was not pleased about it. It did leave me a little short. 

In the cup, we did very well and nearly knocked out our parent club but we lost in extra time. 

In the league we did very well. We started off in a bit of rough form, we found ourselves in the mid table spots, but I was fairly sure that we were a little bit better than that. In the end I was right, we pushed up the league quickly and found ourselves in the promotion spots. We drew and lost our last game and fell into the playoffs. We lost our first play off game and will find ourselves in this league again. 

Players of the Season

Marius Andreassen - Back in on loan, superb player who once again scored a shed load of goals for me. I am hoping he will come back for a third season

Ousseynou Boye -Came in the summer, didnt score as many as the other strikers but he was very creative for me

Ole Marius Aasen - Came in the summer and scored a lot of goals for us this year. 

Whats Next

Next year I think I will be able to get promoted with a couple of additions into the squad. I am loosing a player or two but I think I can bring in some new players. 

History

2018 - PostNord-ligaen- 1st- Champions

2019 - OBOS-ligaen - 3rd

Its almost with tears in my eyes that I follow this one. My home club Moss FK. Hope you can bring them to the glory might they once was and then beyond @ashton321

@TheEarl cheers pal, I am certainly going to try mate. We were so close to getting back to the big time last year only to fail on the last day

So Marius Andreassen was not allowed to come back for a third year his parent club want to give him a chance in the first team, after scoring 41 in 52 games for me I cant blame them. His replacement has been signed for actual money after finishing top scorer in the league below us. 1st game he scores a hat trick including a goal after 14 seconds

8 hours ago, Lenzar said:

Meet Jessika Krankenhaus, the new manager of 1860 Munchen!

She's fresh out of the army and ready to prove that women /can/ be football managers. 

Good luck @Lenzar  -  1860 Munich are a good team for this challenge, and one i had considered playing myself as they meet my usual criteria for this challenge.  Good luck.

Moss FK - 2020- OBOS-ligaen

1599.png

Firstly transfers, I have already said that my former start striker has left and I replaced him with a lad that I actually paid money for, I was a little bit worried but no need the lad was amazing. Other than that some lads came in for the future and to add a little squad depth. 

Financially we are in a real mess. We are paying back £60,000 a month on a loan, if we did not have to pay that we would be on a fairly even financial footing but we are not due to the massive loan. 

In the cup we did well, we managed to get to the middle rounds again before facing a massive team and going out in a very close game. 

Well the league was the greatest thing this year. We were amazing we smashed the league we scored a she load of goals and this time round we managed to hold on and recorded another title win. 

Players of the Season

Christopher Dammen - Here he is the man, the myth, the legend. Came in on a hunch I had, he scored a lot of goals last year in the league below and decided to snap him up. What a decision that was

Ousseynou Boye - Another season from him and a fantastic one at that. He scored goals more than last year I was very pleased with him. 

Mathias Gjerstrom - A superb player who I signed in the summer, he is one player who can play at a much higher level than this. 

Whats Next

Well next  year we will be in the top league. So far we have lost every game we have played against the top division teams. I am looking for us to get to mid table, I think we are good enough for that. We are brilliant up top and in the middle of the park. At the back we are a little weak and I will need to improve that before the new season starts. 

History

2019 - OBOS-ligaen - 3rd

2020 - OBOS-ligaen - 1st - Champions

Aaawww great to see Moss FK back in Tippeligaen @ashton321:)

Can you repeat the 1986/1987 achievement when the club won the top tier in the first time asking coming from Tier 2 promotion?

2 minutes ago, TheEarl said:

Aaawww great to see Moss FK back in Tippeligaen @ashton321:)

Can you repeat the 1986/1987 achievement when the club won the top tier in the first time asking coming from Tier 2 promotion?

Cheers pal, I am not sure mate to be honest fingers crossed would love to take the cup. 

I am actually a few seasons past this so I know how I have got on. I will try and get a new update up shortly.

Moss FK - 2021- Eliteserien

1599.png

Coming into this season, I fancied our chances because the one thing we could do was score goals. Scoring goals is the key in any league, whilst we were not that solid at the back we could win every game 7-6. 

In the cup we played very well, we scored a huge amount of goals in the first game. We then got through to the next few rounds without conceding a goal. All of a sudden we found ourselves in the quarter final of the cup. I thought it could of been mine but it was not to be as we were knocked out by Valarenga we were so close but it was not to be. 

In the league we were amazing all year round. As usual we smashed the scoring charts in the league but was a little different was that we did not concede too many goals which was a nice departure. Our great form soared us up the charts, we did not quite have enough points to win the league but what we did do was come runners up which means that we are now in Europe next season. 

Players of the Season

Christopher Dammen - Once again the main man was on form. He scored a huge amount of goals for us. In the last three years he has scored goals in all three divisions. I think he could go far in this game.  

Ousseynou Boye - Another good season from the man who plays as a support striker. He is a superb player, he scores but mainly he assists which I really like about him

Daniel Edvardson - I signed him in the summer it was in a spot of need and he played 75 games in this league. He played well and his experience was excellent. 

Whats Next

Net year I am unsure, the main aim has to be the title but I would love some silverware. I think I am going to need to bring in a few new faces, but I will also be looking to add a couple of players from the youth team.  

History

2019 - OBOS-ligaen - 3rd

2021 - Eliteserien - 2nd - Runners Up

ohh you nearly repeated the amazing 1987 season. But I am very sure you can get that title soon...

40 minutes ago, TheEarl said:

ohh you nearly repeated the amazing 1987 season. But I am very sure you can get that title soon...

Cheers pal, as I say I know how it goes. Marius Andersson has come back to us to add to our already superb attacking line up

2 minutes ago, fabreth said:

Congrats @ashton321! When did you switch to professional? I remember in FM17 my Lyn carreer in which, after promotion in the top tier, we still were semi-pro..

Hi @fabreth I turned professional at the start of this season, update to come today at some stage hopefully

Moss FK - 2022- Eliteserien

1599.png

Ok so this year was a busy busy year for us. I will start with the transfers. There was some decent ones. Andreassen came back to the club was one of my star players from years ago so I was pleased to have him back. I added a few more players into the squad who you will no doubt see over the coming years. We also turned pro this year but this does mean that we are in a little trouble financially but I hope this will sort itself out. 

In the cups we did nothing in the Norwegian cups as we got beaten by a decent team early on. In Europe it was an experience as we beat a Kazak and a Hungarian side before being knocked out by a very good team, it was close in both games and we nearly did it but was not quite to be. 

The league was a bit of an odd one as we kept loosing and drawing games that we should have really won. I dont think we were quite as good as we were last year but I think the European games and the amount of changes I made transfer wise had an effect on this. 

Players of the Season

Christopher Dammen - Interesting season from this lad. Did not score anywhere near as many as previously but the assists he had were fantastic so it seems he is evolving into a slightly different player. 

Marius Andreasson - The legend is back. He was playing as a deep lying forward and did well with it. he scores a lot and also chips in with assists

Alin Vladut - Came in on loan from Steaua and was superb. He took a lot of scoring chances from other players. I really wanted to sign him but I cant afford him and I dont think he will be allowed back next year. 

Whats Next

Next year its going to be all about securing that title. We are not too faraway at all and I think as our players gain more experience we will be good for the title win. 

History

2019 - OBOS-ligaen - 3rd

2022 - Eliteserien - 3rd

27 minutes ago, TheEarl said:

Nice run in Europa League @ashton321

Cheers pal I really thought I may have been able to nick a result away. They scored in the 2nd minute so was plenty of time to score one but wasnt to be

Right I have now caught  up to where I am in game. I am about halfway through present season so my updates should be a little slower now. Sorry for overloading you all

zDCWYDs.jpg?1

So this chap has left me for Sevilla I got 2.5mil plus 50% of next deal and a friendly. He now has a minimum release fee of £31,000,000 so I wouldnt mind that.  I signed him a year ago for £375k. He was first choice in the middle of the park but I just could not turn down such a deal. Leaves me a little short towards end of season as my window is shut

Edited by ashton321

2 hours ago, ashton321 said:

zDCWYDs.jpg?1

So this chap has left me for Sevilla I got 2.5mil plus 50% of next deal and a friendly. He now has a minimum release fee of £31,000,000 so I wouldnt mind that.  I signed him a year ago for £375k. He was first choice in the middle of the park but I just could not turn down such a deal. Leaves me a little short towards end of season as my window is shut

That's a good profit on him for one year and 50% of £31m wouldn't be bad either...  Sometimes the money is too good to turn down.  Good luck for the rest of the season.

Moss FK - 2023- Eliteserien

1599.png

In terms of transfers this summer, I was keen to sign players in positions of need rather than just scatter gun approach as previously. So this time a Striker,Keeper and a Center Half came in. As said previously I lost my midfielder in a deal I could not really turn down. This has put us in a superb financial spot. 

In the league we did have a little bit of a rough start but we soon fixed that. It soon came apparent that this was a straight shootout between us and Rosenberg going into the last game of the season we were two points behind. They lost 24 hours before we kicked off so I knew a win would do it for us and win we did. CHAMPIONS. 

In the cup we blazed a trail to the final. The final was the last game of the season and it was just too much for us as we lost. Europe was a different game though, due to recent good performances by Norwegian teams we went straight into the group stage. Two defeats to Benfica, two wins over Brondby and a draw and a win over Krasnador saw us into the next round where we face CSKA this wont go until Feb but it was amazing to get through. 

Players of the Season

Norberto Gorzelewski - Joined in the summer for a lot of money and was worth every penny. He is a real alrounder and a player I can see me selling for a lot of money in the future

Marius Andreasson - Greatest season of any player on this save thus far. Instrumental to every we did a star in every way. 

John Kitolano - Been here for two years now and is the best left back Norway has to offer. He attracted some attention but he has now signed a new deal. He will be here for a while.

Whats Next

Well I am not sure, the title would be a must and the cup would be nice. Other than that Europe but who knows what that will bring. 

History

2019 - OBOS-ligaen - 3rd

2022 - Eliteserien - 3rd

2023 - Eliteserien - Champions

I was doing this challenge last year with Tatabanya in Hungary and lost interest when I was stalling in the Champions League. I didn't post any of it, but this year I'll be going back at it with Tatabanya and posting it here.

I'm simming now, and hopefully I'll be able to get them up at least in the second season because according to the game they got relegated last year from an already unplayable league (wikipedia said they got disqualified somehow)

19 hours ago, ashton321 said:
Moss FK - 2023- Eliteserien

1599.png

In terms of transfers this summer, I was keen to sign players in positions of need rather than just scatter gun approach as previously. So this time a Striker,Keeper and a Center Half came in. As said previously I lost my midfielder in a deal I could not really turn down. This has put us in a superb financial spot. 

In the league we did have a little bit of a rough start but we soon fixed that. It soon came apparent that this was a straight shootout between us and Rosenberg going into the last game of the season we were two points behind. They lost 24 hours before we kicked off so I knew a win would do it for us and win we did. CHAMPIONS. 

In the cup we blazed a trail to the final. The final was the last game of the season and it was just too much for us as we lost. Europe was a different game though, due to recent good performances by Norwegian teams we went straight into the group stage. Two defeats to Benfica, two wins over Brondby and a draw and a win over Krasnador saw us into the next round where we face CSKA this wont go until Feb but it was amazing to get through. 

Players of the Season

Norberto Gorzelewski - Joined in the summer for a lot of money and was worth every penny. He is a real alrounder and a player I can see me selling for a lot of money in the future

Marius Andreasson - Greatest season of any player on this save thus far. Instrumental to every we did a star in every way. 

John Kitolano - Been here for two years now and is the best left back Norway has to offer. He attracted some attention but he has now signed a new deal. He will be here for a while.

Whats Next

Well I am not sure, the title would be a must and the cup would be nice. Other than that Europe but who knows what that will bring. 

History

2019 - OBOS-ligaen - 3rd

2022 - Eliteserien - 3rd

2023 - Eliteserien - Champions

Amazing to see my club win Tippeligaen. Sadly they are so far away in real life 😂😂😂

It’s been a long time since I was on here. I had a different username back then, I ave no idea what it was I think it was 09 maybe last time I played. I did this challenge back then but didn’t complete it. 

I may may join in again now after being tempted in by FM18 but where to go .......

DhZfU.png

Season 2018-2019

I feared the first season as we had a weak team and had to rely on lots of new players coming in free loans to improve it. It seemed I was right to feel that way as we started the season poorly, with a loss and 4 draws in the first 5 matches (Fixtures 1, Fixtures 2, Fixtures 3). For some reason we were not in the Cup, and had the time to concentrate on the league. But were our performances enough? Well, they were enough for the 3. League table as finished in 2nd behind Duisburg. We sneaked in there in the final match of the season with a draw, while poor's Wurzburg defeat meant they were out of the play-off spot also. It's not such a big surprise as the season review shows us lurking around the promotion places (we spent a lot of time in 3rd) for most of the second part of the season. So promotion and next season sees us in 2. Liga where of course we are predicted to finish dead-last, so the board requests won't be over-demanding which might be a good thing.

I told you about or transfer activity, which was based on not spending a single cent of players. This summer will be a busy one also, as we already managed to sign some of those loanes on continuing deals or even full contracts with us and we need to remove some of our own dead-weight. We can see from the number of matches in the squad how important those players were to us and also by their massive presence in the team of the season. At the transition to the new season, our first youth intake brought us 4 players, with 3 of them being very interesting ones but wont be able to use them due to league regulations for at least another year, Now our board decided somehow than rather improving our facilities they should concentrate on the stadium, and although Germany is an expensive country, 1.1 million for just 750 seats seems a bit odd.

Side note: got so immersed in the save this weekend and reading about Leipzig football history, that I already ordered a Lokomotive jersey from their website. Hope that when it arrives it will motivate me to keep going. 

History

2018-2019 - 3. Liga - 2nd (promotion)

Edited by Muttley84

@Muttley84 great season pal, well done. It makes me miss my old game as my beloved Eintracht Trier

ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I ran a save to see if Trier came up and forgot my Moss save is just untilted game on a three file rolling save it has save over all of them ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

Edited by ashton321

You are making me feel guilty now. Hope you havnt lost all of your Moss save, it was some great progress there.

@Muttley84 - congrats on the promotion - IF i end up going to Germany once i start the challenge you have set the bar high!  Good luck next season in Bundesliga 2.  As for ordering a shirt, i have thought similar on more than one previous occasion!

@ashton321 - oh mate i feel for you.  Hopefully you can save something there and can continue in the save.

@Botas - you are more than welcome to come back to the challenge.  Hopefully you can choose a team and country to go to.

image.png.559975869afb2d105749fcb4a1570cc7.png

Tatabanya - 2019/20

Very good season in our first year in the second division. Lots of draws turned into lots of wins as we won the league comfortable in the end. I found lots more EU players than I had in the past which meant in games I only was playing 1 foreign player with a couple on the bench and the 3 foreign player limit didn't hurt me as much as I thought it would. Next year in the top division the limit will be 5, so that along with 12k in free wage budget hopefully means we can add some quality players.

Division II - Once we turned draws into wins, we were always going to win the league.

Schedule Parts 1 and 2 - Undefeated until March, but we did start the season with 4 wins and 13 draws.

Best 11 - Look at this monstrosity that worked and the striker is used as a decoy, not to score.

Hungarian Cup - Good run in this, going out in the quarter finals.

Transfers - All the deadweight left in January freeing up tons of wage space.

Squad - Pretty different from the beginning of the season.

Finances - Sponsorships at the end of the season took us back out of debt.

Key Player Profiles:

Valter Heil- Actually paid money for him, but he had a solid season as our captain.

Peter Unterberger - He came in during January and turned all those draws into wins in the second half. Managed to get in the team of the season even though he only played half of it.

Frane Vojkovic - Also came in during January and could play the Enganche role well which certainly helped us.

Fouad Rachid - Very good in the center, but he's away on international duty or injured often. He has French citizenship too obviously which means he's not foreign though.

Călin Ploscariu - Wonderful season on the right from him, due to our formation he had to play some defense as well and never let us down.

Career Overview

Season    League            Position    Hungarian Cup    Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes        Top Scorer             Most Assists                  Highest Avg Rating 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20   Division II       1st         Quarterfinals    Below Average          Poor                 Adequate            Basic               Champions                 Garat (19)             Ploscariu/Cocsis/Tóth (9)     Unterberger (7.44)
Edited by The_Gato_In_Goal

Been trying to get the team I want for ages. I checked the team to find that it seems SI have left the team in the same league they were about 7 years ago. They've had 3 promotions since then. Reported it to the database issues forum but extremely disappointed.

Nevermind as soon as I posted they fixed it. Thanks SI.

Edited by Minarin
Issue sorted

@The Art of Drowning - good luck in Sweden.  Do you think your chances of keeping your job will depend on playing the chairman in his favoured position?

@The_Gato_In_Goal - congratulations on the title and promotion.  That is a 'different' formation but it clearly  worked.  Good luck next season.

@Minarin - sorry to hear about the issue with the database.  Hopoefully we will see you once there has been an update

So Im in my 3rd season at Viikingit. Haven't got the season updates up yet since I have been to into getting the next season going. I had to post this though from our 2nd league match of the season. Camara with two goals and six assists. One of the best single player performances I've seen in a non friendly. 

amtWpJZ.png

2 hours ago, The Art of Drowning said:

Started again as Sakhalin in Russia, so far seem to have developed the art of getting points despite being battered.  Can't see it lasting though :DD6E26ABAA2F91B5F1CD818799A55A29B955090FB

How did they manage to predict you to win? That game looked fairly one-sided to me :p

FC Sakhalin Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk

1200px-Spartak_Stadium_Yuzhno_Sakhalinsk

We did it!  and honestly continued to get dominated most games but somehow came out on top on a lot of them.  Things did improve once we dropped one of our attackers and went with an attacking midfielder behind a lone striker instead.  Relying on scouring academy clubs such as Aspire Academy, the Australian Centre of Excellence and the Russian side Akademia Togliati.  Most of them aren't really ready but I managed to get them a decent amount of game time in the hope they fulfil their potential.  The loan market was our best bet for first team ready players.

As for the league, we were 2 points clear and drew our 2nd to last game away at closest rivals Tula.  I thought a draw at home to Baltingrad would be enough to secure the title but we drew 3-3 and lost out on the title via head to head record despite having a better goal difference.

League Table

04B7EDF42E19AE73D4DB2BDCC6AF8CADB65A5FF8

Transfers

56DEA17000CB215C87B5F9A2A292CCABD806CBE9

A144DDD4DDD3C9B187569E66AF2C9B55148E56E3

Best Players

D53169C1929CF74D4A9D223664B6AF9DA7884B76

5C718B89706B238687B11DA59CC13B614AD2D715

A26EE6D26C8B9AC9F6876C63B8E2115D730E21B0

New Stadium

76776C106123B6326DCABE8E936F29D773531040

congratulations @The Art of Drowning.  I seem to remember in my one and only (brief) attempt in Russia a few years ago that it was quite difficult to make it to the Premier Division so well done.  Good luck next season.