Receiving Scout Reports - FM18

Hi All,

Loving the new game. Only real issue with it for me is retrieving scout reports. I'm not a fan of scout reports no longer appearing in your inbox. 

Is there a more accessible method of receiving your scout reports than going into the scouting centre and flicking through all the reports other scouts have reported on until you come across one of yours?  

Thanks in advance. 

I like what they have done with scouting, but it's so frustrating requesting a scout report and having no idea when it is finished and where to find it, I don't want to have to look through 50 players every few days trying to find it.

At least send me an email letting me know my scout report is ready to be looked at in the scouting centre or something!!

30 minutes ago, JordanBlackpoolFC said:

I like what they have done with scouting, but it's so frustrating requesting a scout report and having no idea when it is finished and where to find it, I don't want to have to look through 50 players every few days trying to find it.

At least send me an email letting me know my scout report is ready to be looked at in the scouting centre or something!!

Precisely. Why on earth you can't get scout reports sent to your inbox like it always had is beyond me. Such a key and frequently part of the game, and that was the most accessible and logical way of receiving them. Big shame.  

11 hours ago, chapperz92 said:

For me it makes the game far less enjoyable 

It is a massive frustration and annoyance. Just no idea the thought process behind it. It's not as if they've tried to make it more like real life, i have no doubt managers can and do get scout reports they've requested on players sent to their inbox. :mad: 

12 hours ago, JordanBlackpoolFC said:

I think the reports do come but late. for me it took up to almost a month to get reports in my inbox.

10 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

You can set from the scouting screen to have them come daily (once ready that is).

What just the reports you have specifically requested? Or will they be amongst loads that scouts have decided to scout for you? Don't want to flick through loads to find a scout report I want.

13 hours ago, JordanBlackpoolFC said:

Just add those players to your shortlist and check them there.

Plus you can adjust the frequency of the scouting reports and filter what ones you want to see in the preferences of the scouting screen, like sort them by highest rating first, only show reports with a rating above a certain value like 70 etc. 

It is annoying. Scouting has become tedious now. A lot of times during the transfer window I'm wanting to track players as soon as their report is complete so I can make a decision if I will bid for them. Even if I make sure they're on my shortlist, I still then have to go through my shortlist to find them rather then get the inbox item that lets me know "Emile Heskey's scout report is complete" and then I can bid right from there. It's either that or go through sometimes 40 scout reports (and accidentally click discard on a bunch that I didn't mean to) to get to his report.

Archived