(Major Update 15/11/17) Oathbreaker - a Plug & Play 433 for FM18

7 minutes ago, Jim-Beam said:

Anyone else having a problem importing this following full release? Trying to import in a new online game...file will not import?

Regards

it is due to the beta using .tac files for tactics and the full game using .fmf

you would either need @Mr U Rosler to release the .fmf or hope someone on this thread can do it from the .tac

I would do it, but due to specific circumstances I cannot convert the files. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its business as usual after full release.

Early days but top of League 2 with exactly the same team predicted to be bottom of the National League last season.

The lower our reputation in the League, the more teams attack us, the more we crucify them on the break.

Scoring even more goals.

Stockport_County_Senior_Fixtures-2.png

Should be a fun year!

24 minutes ago, fermcr1 said:

The .fmf file you uploaded doesn't work. Could you please re-upload the tactic file?

.tac files won't work after the full release.

.fmf is the correct format.

It should be fine?

I'm at work now, will take a look later.

Thanks

44 minutes ago, shirajzl said:

@Mr U Rosler Have you tested this tactic with a big club against which everyone parks the bus? I feel it would struggle on occasion because it seems like one of those sledge hammer tactics which work perfectly as you described above when teams attack you, but when teams just deny you space, there are problems. 

Hi Shirajzl,

Not tested it myself, rather than be a tactics factory I tend work on something for my main save which invariably ends up being an underdog tactic.

I'm tempted to plug it in with Man City and see what happens though.

5 hours ago, shirajzl said:

@Mr U Rosler Have you tested this tactic with a big club against which everyone parks the bus? I feel it would struggle on occasion because it seems like one of those sledge hammer tactics which work perfectly as you described above when teams attack you, but when teams just deny you space, there are problems. 

Hi mate,

I'm Liverpool, I'm alternating mentality, counter away against nearly all opposition and variable between standard and attacking at home..the home approach is generally    successful versus teams whom 'park the bus'. :)

1 hour ago, AlexTheTall said:

The tactic is working well with FC United of Manchester at the moment... Only one team i can't beat it's Salford for some reasons. But I was wondering, will this tactic also work if I go up and manager with bigger teams?

It will do by the time I've finished with it.

Its a bit too open as it is, can get away with it in Lower Leagues but not so much in the top divisions.

I like the attacking set up, i'm working on tightening up the defence, should improve the tactic at all levels.

Any updates on this tactic? I've gotten FM18 today, thinking about going to try Oathbreaker for a test save with a bigger club (Liverpool or FC Bayern probably).

I didn't play FM17 but I remember several of Mr Rösler's tactics to be some of my favourites in FM16.

On 12/11/2017 at 12:05, Mr U Rosler said:

It will do by the time I've finished with it.

Its a bit too open as it is, can get away with it in Lower Leagues but not so much in the top divisions.

I like the attacking set up, i'm working on tightening up the defence, should improve the tactic at all levels.

That's good to know! I will stick to your tactic this year in that case.

Ok,

I've been tweaking and its now smashing it with Top Teams/Top Division. That's not actually as easy as it sounds.

I'm still testing, now with a weak team and will post results but i'm expecting it to be good at all levels.

DOWNLOAD: OATHKEEPER.fmf

Just need to set your Full Backs to take corners. :thup:

English_Premier_Division_Overview_Stages

OATHKEEPER.fmf

31 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

what's changed from the original tactic

Not a great deal, FB roles, Mezzala duties and 2 or 3 team instructions.

Seems to have improved the Attack and Defence.

'Only' West Ham and 'Only' a 5-0 win but we're getting loads of shots off.

32 shots, even excluding the long shots that leaves 20 from inside the penalty area.

61% possession is also nuts on a semi direct, high tempo tactic.

Man_City_v_West_Ham_Analysis_Analysis.pn

12 minutes ago, Barrels said:

Looks great, I have been having great results with the orginal tactic.

Now I need new full backs. Any recomendations?

What team are you?

Dont get too hung up on the inverted thing, your left back will still cross with his left foot etc, it just means they sit a bit narrower and are move involved in play.

Have you tried the Oathkeeper with Stockport County, Mr Rosler? Gonna implement it into my Port Vale save, I tried Oathbreaker, but it was a bit hit and miss, couldn't really find any consistency with it. Always felt like I was vulnerable defensively and not potent enough going forwards, it may have been my players, my top scorer is 16 year old fresh from the U18's!

433... offensive.. structured way!! Playing the ball down the centre... it sounds really interesting and what i really like is u want works all categories!! I hope u can do it!! ♡♡

Btw any suggestion about training.. match prep... pitch size.. any OI's (by now thank u).... so i can test it into Italian "Serie C'' (third italian league)

7 hours ago, Banks_87 said:

Have you tried the Oathkeeper with Stockport County, Mr Rosler? Gonna implement it into my Port Vale save, I tried Oathbreaker, but it was a bit hit and miss, couldn't really find any consistency with it. Always felt like I was vulnerable defensively and not potent enough going forwards, it may have been my players, my top scorer is 16 year old fresh from the U18's!

Not yet, it takes me a couple of days to complete a season, still in the Prem at the moment.

I had the original Oathbreaker working as high as League 2 so that should remain an option but who knows?

6 hours ago, Sirraf said:

433... offensive.. structured way!! Playing the ball down the centre... it sounds really interesting and what i really like is u want works all categories!! I hope u can do it!! ♡♡

Btw any suggestion about training.. match prep... pitch size.. any OI's (by now thank u).... so i can test it into Italian "Serie C'' (third italian league)

No OI's.

Standard Pitch.

Once tactic is fluid I leave training on Balanced/Team Work?

38 minutes ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Not yet, it takes me a couple of days to complete a season, still in the Prem at the moment.

I had the original Oathbreaker working as high as League 2 so that should remain an option but who knows?

I can't seem to find a decent level of consistency with either at the moment, I do like how Oathkeeper breaks on teams, its very good to watch - gonna persevere until the end of the season, currently 4th in League 2.

2 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

No OI's.

Standard Pitch.

Once tactic is fluid I leave training on Balanced/Team Work?

ty dude... i'll test it and than uploading first season with your creature :)

btw i choose ARZACHENA (SERIE C ITALIA)

media prediction LAST (20°)

SKYBET ---> 1001,00

Given the new tactic a crack in the National League South with Havant and Waterlooville and it is definitely showing more attacking qualities.  I am getting more 4 and 5 goal games, but also seeing more "old Skool" FM matched where I get 20+ chances and the oppo gets 5 but they win 1-0. 

32 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

Given the new tactic a crack in the National League South with Havant and Waterlooville and it is definitely showing more attacking qualities.  I am getting more 4 and 5 goal games, but also seeing more "old Skool" FM matched where I get 20+ chances and the oppo gets 5 but they win 1-0. 

The tactic is set up to try and avoid exactly that situation with no possession based Team Instructions and a fairly direct, high tempo approach. Not seen much of that yet myself, but there will always be games where things go against you. 

1 minute ago, Mr U Rosler said:

The tactic is set up to try and avoid exactly that situation with no possession based Team Instructions and a fairly direct, high tempo approach. Not seen much of that yet myself, but there will always be games where things go against you. 

With the original tactic, when I lost, it was more of a 2 or 3 goal defeat and the stats were either against me or close.  The number of defeats is lower, but when I lose, it is more this example than a fairer game.   But as I am top of the league and scoring for fun, these defeats could be due to teams parking the bus and scoring a breakaway goal

@Mr U Rosler, your tactic is simply great!

I tested it on FM Touch in The Saviour Cometh challenge, trying to save Maidstone from relegation during their National League campaign.

Rock bottom at Christmas with just 10 points, I managed to stay up with the Stones with two games to spare after reaching 49 points.

Really like the offensive attitude: tons of goals and great displays showed by my lads.

I'll keep to test it in other challenges, but I can assure now that this will probably become my favourite tactic to use in my main future save.

Thank you so much for sharing this beauty!

14 minutes ago, Ivs said:

@Mr U Rosler, your tactic is simply great!

I tested it on FM Touch in The Saviour Cometh challenge, trying to save Maidstone from relegation during their National League campaign.

Rock bottom at Christmas with just 10 points, I managed to stay up with the Stones with two games to spare after reaching 49 points.

Really like the offensive attitude: tons of goals and great displays showed by my lads.

I'll keep to test it in other challenges, but I can assure now that this will probably become my favourite tactic to use in my main future save.

Thank you so much for sharing this beauty!

Thanks for the feedback lvs, just to clarify was this using the original Oathbreaker Tactic or the updated Oathkeeper Tactic?

@Mr U Rosler A few FMs ago I remember you releasing tactical sets and being a strong proponent of the idea you can't play this game anymore just by sticking one tactic in and forgetting about it. I'd argue that with every FM tactical tinkering is more and more needed and yet you seem to have gone to the idea of one plug and play tactic. How come?

Don't get me wrong, I'm strongly in the camp of those who'd like "set and forget" tactics in FM, but I'm just curious why the change of heart.

14 minutes ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Thanks for the feedback lvs, just to clarify was this using the original Oathbreaker Tactic or the updated Oathkeeper Tactic?

The last one, first link in the first post, which I suppose is this:

19 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Ok,

I've been tweaking and its now smashing it with Top Teams/Top Division. That's not actually as easy as it sounds.

I'm still testing, now with a weak team and will post results but i'm expecting it to be good at all levels.

DOWNLOAD: OATHKEEPER.fmf

Just need to set your Full Backs to take corners. :thup:

English_Premier_Division_Overview_Stages

OATHKEEPER.fmf

18 minutes ago, shirajzl said:

@Mr U Rosler A few FMs ago I remember you releasing tactical sets and being a strong proponent of the idea you can't play this game anymore just by sticking one tactic in and forgetting about it. I'd argue that with every FM tactical tinkering is more and more needed and yet you seem to have gone to the idea of one plug and play tactic. How come?

Don't get me wrong, I'm strongly in the camp of those who'd like "set and forget" tactics in FM, but I'm just curious why the change of heart.

Hi Shirajzl,

I find it changes from edition to edition.

My default position is not to be a 'tinkerer', If I can find something that can be 'plug and played' i'll do it, if I have to tinker I will.

Often i'll just end up with Home & Away versions of the same tactic.

Its a bit early to call it in FM18, but I suspect what works best at Home also works best Away and by that I mean attacking. Home form takes care of itself, but playing Away is much more tricky and I can't get anything 'defensive' to work so I find it easier just to go on the offensive. Sure, I come unstuck sometimes but over a season I pick up more points away from home when I 'go for it'.

So broadly speaking, one tactic for 'all' situations is possible at the moment I think.

I have noticed certain formations give me more trouble than others, the next level would be starting to use 'countering formations', changing our formation depending on what formation our opponent uses, but the work involved in that would basically turn this into an unpaid part time job :lol:    

44 minutes ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Hi Shirajzl,

I find it changes from edition to edition.

My default position is not to be a 'tinkerer', If I can find something that can be 'plug and played' i'll do it, if I have to tinker I will.

Often i'll just end up with Home & Away versions of the same tactic.

Its a bit early to call it in FM18, but I suspect what works best at Home also works best Away and by that I mean attacking. Home form takes care of itself, but playing Away is much more tricky and I can't get anything 'defensive' to work so I find it easier just to go on the offensive. Sure, I come unstuck sometimes but over a season I pick up more points away from home when I 'go for it'.

So broadly speaking, one tactic for 'all' situations is possible at the moment I think.

I have noticed certain formations give me more trouble than others, the next level would be starting to use 'countering formations', changing our formation depending on what formation our opponent uses, but the work involved in that would basically turn this into an unpaid part time job :lol:    

There are A LOT of people who want to plug and play, but it's getting more and more difficult. The extent to which it is possible is often limited by specific formations (which you noted) and luck. The problem is usually in the cups, CL etc. when, given the attacking nature of 99% of plug and play tactics, you're far more susceptible to "one of those days". Those tactics are almost always attacking because the ME is still weak to central overloads.

Anyway, I do hope you'll find a plug and play tactic which works on all levels, it's refreshing to see for us who are not interested in tactical aspect of the game.

18 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

What team are you?

Dont get too hung up on the inverted thing, your left back will still cross with his left foot etc, it just means they sit a bit narrower and are move involved in play.

Nottingham Forest, worked great in the Championship, promoted first season and now 2 second in Premier first season.

Quick update, my Vale side have settled a lot better into the Oathkeeper, scoring for fun, when I changed over we were flirting in and out of the automatic promotion spots, 10 points behind leaders Mansfield. We've managed to cut that gap to a point in just over 2 months and we're scoring goals for fun. The tactic seems to give the ability to both hit quick counters with a direct style, or to play nice two touch football. Either way my players have really taken to it and hopefully we can get the League 2 title wrapped up over the weekend!

One thing I have noticed, but again, it may be my players, or sheer bad luck, we dont seem to keep many clean sheets. I though it might be a byproduct of the tactic. On further inspection I've noticed a lot of goals come from corners, either directly or via knock down/second ball. Anyone else noticed anything similar?

Mr Rosler. Using your tactic at Everton, switched to the new version about halfway through the season (does seem more consistent than the original). Finished 7th (injuries to strikers stopped me getting top 4) but managed to win the Europa League, so I'd say successful. Thank you.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the feedback.

Get a couple of pacey Strikers for the wide forward positions, run it for a full season and I would expect you to get a Champions League spot no problem.

I'd take a look at Josh King, he's killing it in my Bournemouth test.

Talking of my Bournemouth test, i'll put the result up tonight. 7 games to go, very interesting results.....

Archived