Sports Interactive Community
willaustinfm

[Discussion] Stadium Designs

Not trying to have a moan, and I like the new stadiums designs for larger grounds, but I feel like they have totaly neglected smaller stadiums. Most non-league grounds have small, flat standing places (see 1st picture), but in the game they have put massive sloping stands, why?(see 2nd picture) It is completely unrealistic and it totally ruins a non-league save for me. Having 1 man and his dog standing behind the goal and then working your way up is part of it! And in general the stadiums just look way too big and modern. Also, every stadium seems to have been built in a car park, couldn't there be a row of houses or something behind, they even had that in FM12! (and the stadiums looksed more realistic in FM12 IMO).

Would it really be that hard, just to add in small stands that maybe have a bit of wear and tear, and have people standing behind the goal? 

Most non-league grounds look like the 3rd picture.

IMG_1546.JPG

IMG_1559.PNG

IMG_1560.JPG

As a lower league manager, I completely agree with this.

Some of the stadium designs are just plain silly e.g. Berwick Rangers and Elgin City with picnic tables & chairs alongside the main stands! There is no way it would ever be practical to picnic during a Scottish league game in midwinter! :D

I think the answer would be to make the stadium files editable outside of the game and let the community design stadium packs in the same way as the community designs logos, kits, backgrounds etc.

Should think about more stadium models (including the Olympic ones) and give us a Stadium Editor. Could be paid as the in-game editor, I don't matter.

That's definitely something SI should think about & it would also generate a bit more cash for future game development.