Sports Interactive Community
Human

How do I exclude the host nation from qualifying for the World Cup?

I'm trying to create an alternative format for the World Cup using the FM17 pre-game editor. However, I don't see how I can award the host nation automatic qualification and exclude them from taking part in the qualifiers as well as adjusting the qualifying format accordingly.

For example, there for 55 nations in UEFA. If a European country doesn't host the World Cup, I want the worst 30 teams to play in a preliminary playoff round, with the best 15 teams joining the best 25 teams in UEFA to play in 10 qualifying groups of 4 teams. In the event of the World Cup being held in Europe, I want the host nation to not take part in qualifying due to being awarded automatic qualification and the remaining 54 teams to play in the qualifiers, only this time, I want the worst 28 teams in UEFA to play in the preliminary playoff round with 14 of those teams joining the best 26 European teams in the qualifying groups, which is still 10 groups of 4.

My question is, how do I do that?

Edited by Human

On 30/10/2017 at 15:39, Human said:

I'm trying to create an alternative format for the World Cup using the FM17 pre-game editor. However, I don't see how I can award the host nation automatic qualification and exclude them from taking part in the qualifiers as well as adjusting the qualifying format accordingly.

For example, there for 55 nations in UEFA. If a European country doesn't host the World Cup, I want the worst 30 teams to play in a preliminary playoff round, with the best 15 teams joining the best 25 teams in UEFA to play in 10 qualifying groups of 4 teams. In the event of the World Cup being held in Europe, I want the host nation to not take part in qualifying due to being awarded automatic qualification and the remaining 54 teams to play in the qualifiers, only this time, I want the worst 28 teams in UEFA to play in the preliminary playoff round with 14 of those teams joining the best 26 European teams in the qualifying groups, which is still 10 groups of 4.

My question is, how do I do that?

i have some ideas but i need time to think about it...