Moving from "Full FM18" to FMT

Hello people

Needing some advice...

Ive been playing FM for a number of years now and i have recently been thinking that now could be the time to move over to FMT rather than play the full version of FM18 is it worth it though?

What are the actual advantages if there is any..

Thanks for reading guys.

Touch doesn't have the huge amount of player interactions, media etc for once. So dynamics for example isn't even in. Also it has instant result for faster gameplay. Furthermore you have a slicker staff and scouting feature.

Overall the game is very much playable. I too will move fully to touch now with 18 after dabling in both depending on time available in earlier versions.

Touch still could get some love here and there but if you lack time it is worth a shot. Match engine, tactic etc. are still the same.

The introduction of FMT (FMC back in '15) literally saved FM for me. I fell in love with the concept of these games back in 1996, but the more developed the game became, the more distant I felt towards it. My main culprits are media and player interactions. I just don't have any interest in that, even though a player complaining and it affecting the dressing room might be realistic. It's just detriment to me having fun.

In FMT, you focus on tactics and squad building and only that. It brings the feeling of the old CM/FM games, brings me closer to what I loved in them. That's the biggest advantage for me.

Mind you, tactically the game is as hard(or easy) as full FM since they share the ME, but everything else is streamlined and straight-forward.

FMT is brilliant because it’s just the right amount of involvement/detail. I don’t want to come home and have another job! FMT is also great on the iPad since that’s my main computer now and it’s more powerful than my actual laptop.

46 minutes ago, melogroovy said:

Dumb question:  Since you can only load 3 nations, how long does it take to build up a good database of players?  I get a lot of joy out of finding those hidden gems...

I also thought so at first, but you can load as many nations as you want.  There's a button or a check box where you select the nations that allows you to select more. It'll just warn you that it might not run well on slower systems.

31 minutes ago, Takamaru said:

I also thought so at first, but you can load as many nations as you want.  There's a button or a check box where you select the nations that allows you to select more. It'll just warn you that it might not run well on slower systems.

This is valid only for the PC version of FMT.

For the tablet version, you can't remove the 3 nations limit.

2 hours ago, Takamaru said:

awesome!

Archived