FM18 Youth Academy Challenge

12 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

What team are you managing out of interest?

Virtus Verona.

But I'm not sure it's even possible to avoid the drop with the players I have — they are a very poor bunch. However, I'm pulling motivation from Britrocks' Vis Pesaro career.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of season 2025/26

Championship survival was fairly comfortable in the end and I look forward to trying to push on next season...

Season League Position Outcome FA Cup League Cup FA Trophy Checkatrade Trophy Top scorer
2018/19 National League South 1st Promoted 4Q   2nd   Muhammadu Faal - 37
2019/20 National League 7th Promoted 1st   Semi Final   Muhammadu Faal - 35
2020/21 League 2 2nd Promoted 2nd 2nd   South 2nd Mark Benson YP18a - 37
2021/22 League 1 23rd Relegated 2nd 1st   South 2nd Muhammadu Faal - 29
2022/23 League 2 3rd Promoted 5th 1st   South Semi Mark Benson YP18a - 37
2023/24 League 1 14th - 1st 1st   Group stage Harvey Lewis YP20c - 27
2024/25 League 1 2nd Promoted 1st 2nd   WINNERS Gareth Masters YP22c - 58
2025/26 Championship 15th - 4th 2nd    

Gareth Masters YP22c - 31

Facilities  
Champion Hill Stadium 5,750 (2,250 seated)
Corporate facilities Basic
Training facilities Basic
Data analysis facilities Poor
Youth facilities Below average
Youth level 4
Junior Coaching Exceptional
Youth recruitment

Extensive

My average attendance this year was 100% capacity but I can't get any upgrade or new stadium, has anyone had any success in this regard with Dulwich?

I'm nearly at a stage where all my starters are youth products, just have a CB and a striker who are being phased out, have had a number pf decent intakes and am quite happy with the balanc of them now as have picked up a few defenders with a bit of potential (finally)

5a401192e4e03_DulwichHamletFC_HistoryBestEleven.thumb.png.1edef5bbf7315219be04cac4d59b640d.png

Finances are still not the best - am £550k in the red at the end of the season and I fear my planned facility upgrades are going to get cancelled, again.

If anyone wants any further screenshots give me a shout!

As suspected, my facility upgrades have been cancelled - despite having £4m in the bank now due to solidarity payments coming in.

May be because there is (another) takeover currently attempting to take place.

1 hour ago, fairsy said:

My average attendance this year was 100% capacity but I can't get any upgrade or new stadium, has anyone had any success in this regard with Dulwich?

I can't speak for FM18 but it was a real struggle for me last year as council kept blocking any stadium upgrades. I did get a new one after some time (not sure how long but was probably around 15+ season in when I got it) 

1 minute ago, darren1983 said:

As for me I've not had time to play much FM these past few weeks with real life stuff getting in the way. However I'm back with one final attempt this year in England. I've gone back to Dulwich as last years failure there is still haunting me.

I was just about to ask you this

5 minutes ago, wicksyFM said:

I was just about to ask you this

Like I say, real life in the way with moving house and then Christmas, but got lots of time over next 10 or so days which will hopefully get me back involved in the game/thread. Been following everyone's progress and it's been good to read. 

Alemannia-Aachen.png

Season 3 - 2020/21 - Promotion!

League | SquadDynamicsTransfersFinances | Facilities

It was the end of October, and as expected we were mid-table, together with a massive group of teams within a few points. After that, before the winter break, 5 wins and 1 draw came, bouncing us up in the top 5. January and February were the months of draws, then 3 wins in March, until the 3-0 against 1860 Munchen that I showed. Another victory after that and seemed almost done, but then came two consecutive defeats and the thought that we could ruin it all in the finish line. Last match came, we had the advantage and played home against relegated Osnabruck... a spectacular 5-2 ensured promotion!

Now... how could a team considered a candidate for relegation get promoted? It's football! And it's a mix of luck, the right tactic, the fact that the players are united and played together for 3 years, and.. I already say luck?

2. Bundesliga will help with finances next season, while now the recruitment is extensive. 'cause of finances junior coaching wasn't upped though.

Key Players

As you can see from the squad screen, Torunarigha, Fejzullahu and Mohr are again key players..and even more than last season. The nigerian was the 2nd goalscorer of the league, while Fejzullahu broke the assist record of the league. But there are also two "new entries" in the category:

Tobias Lippold - solid, with a high percentage of tackles won and passes completed, fundamental defensive midfielder

Daniel Hammel - a season almost injury free finally, great partnership with the nigerian and contributed to promotion with his 15 goals and his physical work up there

First team breakthrough players

Had some first team promotion, but being the majority of them defenders they didn't have much space, apart playing/retraining them as full-backs (their secondary role). Worth mentioning is Basha:

Leart Basha - have only one right midfielder? Not anymore, the kosovan got retrained and become a decent substitute for Fejzullahu, while improving well and being also versatile enough for other roles as well

Youth Intake

Oh look, right wingers everywhere! And strikers also... Di Gennaro and Jakirovic the two I like more, but as always, we'll have to see how they develop. At the start of the carreer Basha didn't seem so promising, and yet look at him now.

Next season

That's the problem! :D Will we defy the odds again? Only objective, survival! As always, through cohesion and good teamwork. And if we will fail, at least finances won't be a problem for some seasons...

On 24/12/2017 at 00:12, Gundo said:

Virtus Verona.

But I'm not sure it's even possible to avoid the drop with the players I have — they are a very poor bunch. However, I'm pulling motivation from Britrocks' Vis Pesaro career.

Good luck in Italy!

Unbelievable. Currently in February in our first season in the championship and we’re fighting it out for promotion and in third place. The table is really tight at the top but the players just keep defying expectations. 

It’s definitely too early for us to get promoted but we’ll keep fighting to the end and whatever happens happens. Still amazed by where we are though. 

58279a028e8b9_DulwichHamletBadge.png.2d66c72cdce5cbf19c1380bdd2f3376a.png

Dulwich Hamlet Season 2018/19 Season Review

LeagueA real battle with moneybags Billericay. With 8 games to go we had a 8 point lead and I was confident, we then lost 2 in a row to see out lead narrow to just 2 points, 4 wins and 2 draws from there on out saw us clinch the title by 3 points. Billericay ended with 90 points and didn't go up after losing in the playoffs. The position graph shows how our battle went.

FA CupPoor from us but I used the cups to give minutes to fringe players

FA TrophyNewport were better on the day and knocked us out

Transfers2 joined before I took over (1 the day before)

FinancesNot too bad

Youth Intake - Not a bad one, some questionable personalities but will hopefully change those with some tutoring. I like the different nationalities coming through too

David Siddall (YP01A) - always nice to get a 5* keeper early

Gary Mason (YP01B) - can cover both FB roles

Georgios Fortounis (YP01C) - LB, an area we're strong in, that can cover at CB as well

Mark Gregg (YP01D) - CM with nice passing, need to work on his vision slightly to get the most from that

Mark Lynch (YP01E) - young Irish midfielder, we've not got many options here which might help him progress

Career Overview

Season		League		Position	Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19		VNLS		1st		Promotion as champions

Other News

We got not 1 but 2 Junior Coaching upgrades as well as 1 Junior Recruitment upgrade. Also an slight expansion of the stadium.

6 hours ago, raz4la said:

This is a challenge I have wanted to try for the longest time, but time and time again I just skip it. Am I finally man enough to give it a shot? @Braumiller has done some great things in my homecountry of Sweden, so that would be interesting.

I've played this type of save in Norway before and it was great fun. I've been tempted by Sweden before too. Good luck raz4la.

Anyone else had the issue where you don’t have an Under 23 team at all? When I started the save I thought we’d get one as we progressed up the league but I still haven’t got one and have not been able to request one. We only have an under 18 squad as well as the first team squad and this is getting quite awkward now as we’re in the championship now. 

Has anyone else seen this before and is it a bug? Can’t seem to find anyone with the same issue anywhere online. It’s not a game breaking issue but it is quite annoying for keeping up match fitness etc. 

2 hours ago, TheWillsy said:

Anyone else had the issue where you don’t have an Under 23 team at all? When I started the save I thought we’d get one as we progressed up the league but I still haven’t got one and have not been able to request one. We only have an under 18 squad as well as the first team squad and this is getting quite awkward now as we’re in the championship now. 

Has anyone else seen this before and is it a bug? Can’t seem to find anyone with the same issue anywhere online. It’s not a game breaking issue but it is quite annoying for keeping up match fitness etc. 

Same here, only have a -18 squad and they don't even play in a youth league, so imo it's also a bit annoying indeed.

10 hours ago, Gundo said:

I've played this type of save in Norway before and it was great fun. I've been tempted by Sweden before too. Good luck raz4la.

Thanks, might give Sweden a go or try some league i've never played in. I usually go for a journeyman save or something like that.

Does anyone have any tips of fun leagues?

Has anyone tried this in Brazil? They always produce good young players so might give this a crack there.

Question @darren1983, i always look on the youth intake dates for free players that are 16 or under and see if they can bolster my youth team. Sometimes get some awesome ones. Pretty sure this wouldnt be allowed as you can't transfer in, BUT, your club would technically be their 1st and therefore look like a product of your youth system. With this in mind would it be allowed, maybe if you stuck to regens of the same nationality of the league you play in?

hfordfc.jpg.eb22bde96dbe24d09704daa4904a

Hereford Season 12: 2029-30 - 3rd in Championship

Competitions: An unbelievable first season for us as we flirted with the promotion places and ended up finishing in 3rd. The league positions graph highlights how the season went, with an up and down start before we went on a fantastic run of form, eventually slipping up slightly at the end of the season. We went into the playoffs full of confidence and we faced Ipswich away in the first leg. For some reason though we just didn't turn up and they dispatched us 3-0. In the second leg we capitulated again and lost 3-0 at home. Terrible way to end the season but I'm still delighted with where we finished. 

We did okay in the cups, getting knocked out in the fourth and third rounds in the FA cup and league cup respectively. 

Finances: At the start of the season we had the option of buying out a sell on clause for Craig Ward 8E, £4.23m for a 50% of profit sell on. Not sure why it was so high given I can't picture him going for £8.5m+ in the future. This was a good boost to the finances. 

Youth intake: Tagged six players in the intake, James Cox 12A looks a very good prospect in CM and has been attracting premier league interest. Joshua Awford 12B and Shai Nicholson 12C are the next best. 

Transfers: Sold Desormeaux 5C as he wasn't needed in the squad, and youngster Luke Campbell 10B who wasn't really developing and didn't fit into our system. Once again we were able to buy out a 50% of profit sell on, receiving £1.49m for this one. 

Overall: A brilliant first season in the championship, however we had a bit of worrying form towards the end of the season. Hopefully second season syndrome doesn't kick in next season, and I might freshen things up by altering the tactics slightly and bringing through some of the younger players. Sockett once again led the line and ended with 37 in 38 in the league. His career stats are here for anyone interested, his record is unreal. 

Our stadium will be finished at the end of next season, and we're selling out at the moment so that will be useful. 

3 hours ago, djhagster said:

Has anyone tried this in Brazil? They always produce good young players so might give this a crack there.

Question @darren1983, i always look on the youth intake dates for free players that are 16 or under and see if they can bolster my youth team. Sometimes get some awesome ones. Pretty sure this wouldnt be allowed as you can't transfer in, BUT, your club would technically be their 1st and therefore look like a product of your youth system. With this in mind would it be allowed, maybe if you stuck to regens of the same nationality of the league you play in?

This would count as a transfer in so is against the rules of the challenge.

On 27/12/2017 at 12:51, TheWillsy said:

Working as intended apparently.  If you improve your youth set up/facilities the game generates one for you, otherwise when you get to the Premier League you get one due to the Checkatrade Trophy.

Urgh this bloody game. I'm never going to complete it with Dulwich am I? Sacked in the national league for the 2nd time this year (and it's not even 2018 yet!) this time it wasn't a bug just poor management. Lost 2 key players in the summer (both were on non contract deals and wouldn't sign anything else and were poached by league 2 teams) and we never got going, was on a losing run and failed to meet board points demands :( 

Gonna go sit in the corner and cry I think (while picking somewhere new to try as England and I clearly not getting on this year) 

16 hours ago, darren1983 said:

Urgh this bloody game. I'm never going to complete it with Dulwich am I? Sacked in the national league for the 2nd time this year (and it's not even 2018 yet!) this time it wasn't a bug just poor management. Lost 2 key players in the summer (both were on non contract deals and wouldn't sign anything else and were poached by league 2 teams) and we never got going, was on a losing run and failed to meet board points demands :( 

Gonna go sit in the corner and cry I think (while picking somewhere new to try as England and I clearly not getting on this year) 

Sorry to hear, Darren. You will come good somewhere. Where are you planning on trying next?

16 hours ago, darren1983 said:

Sorry to hear, Darren. You will come good somewhere. Where are you planning on trying next?

20 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

Working as intended apparently.  If you improve your youth set up/facilities the game generates one for you, otherwise when you get to the Premier League you get one due to the Checkatrade Trophy.

That’s interesting. I guess I’ll have to wait until I get to the premier league as my facilities must not be good enough yet. Thanks for the info. 

20 hours ago, fairsy said:

Great work @TheWillsy looks like we are racing to the PL! I have nowhere near your money and still no stadium, although am finally getting my training and youth facilities upgraded which is a start

Thanks. The finances are looking quite good at the moment, but only keeping them up due to occasional player sales. Hopefully I’ll be able to get one or two more improvements to my facilities too with the spare cash. 

@darren1983 unlucky with the sacking. The first few seasons are always the hardest and really tough when you lose key players early on

Well what I hope is my last attempt at this now I have moved to Italy, to the island of Sicily with Messina. They have been in Serie A as recently as 2007 and even finished in 7th in 2005. But due money issues they were moved down to Serie D in 2008.

They have a lovely 37,000 seat stadium 

5a46d0a1ebef2_StadioComunaleSanFilippo.thumb.jpg.80fb9f097aef5f0492ae54d3044888ad.jpg
Stadio San Filippo

Sadly though it's only 6900 capacity on match days for now :D 

Dulwich Hamlet will go into the play offs for a spot in the Premier League, bar a ridiculous goal difference swing....

5a47709b3b13d_SkyBetChampionship_OverviewStages.thumb.png.a4edb0ed2777af7e4d841165881d5b31.png

ANd have picked up my 2 finest prospects by a mile - both already pushing for first team places....

5a4770ca2eff3_BenWillsYP27a_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.4074ae39e293724804cfc6df575d860c.png5a4770d10fcb3_BrianPanzavechia-GordonYP27b_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.dc29e8824f170f076b42e39beb37ffe5.png

12 hours ago, Chappy2509 said:

Good,going I would love to try something like this but unfortunately I only have time for football manger touch good luck in trying to stay up 

You can play it on Touch too. I did it last year (and succedeed at the 3rd attempt), and tried it this year (failed the first but will get back at some point).

10 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

You can play it on Touch too. I did it last year (and succedeed at the 3rd attempt), and tried it this year (failed the first but will get back at some point).

I read that,touch didn’t produce enough youngsters on the yearly intake to make a youth challenge keep going in the long term how did you find it ?

Image result

Alright so after lurking for a few years I have decided to officially take part in this challenge in the Netherlands. My manager has taken charge of the Boys from Rijnsburgse in the year 2019. For some reason you have to holiday 2 seasons as no team gets relegated from the Jupiler League the first season. The reset date is July 8th FYI. Facilities are as expected, and could be worse. Financially we are in a good spot, I have already played through preseason and finances have increased $300K and have already started my first coaching badge. I expect a struggle this year as our team is definitely lacking in ability for this level but am optimistic as only 1 team gets relegated.

Disaster ahead of my PL campaign as Gareth Masters, who has scored 120 goals across the last 3 seasons, damages his cruciate ligaments in final pre season friendly.......done for the season and a tough task just got a lot harder!

East Kilbride F.C.

1DcC3uS.png?1

Season 3 2020/2021

First Team Squad | Finances | Transfers|Facilities

Season Review

League (Final Table) - Well, this won't be a particularly long write up as we were Relegated. We lost both our first team goalkeepers, our centre back and left back over the summer and I think that was a big part of our downfall. We managed to still have a chance to survive going into the last game, however a dull 0-0 is all we could manage. Stranraer did all they could to give us a chance but we were hopeless for around 25 games in the middle of the season.

To my surprise the board offered me a new contract before we were relegated and many of the key players re-signed, so I will persevere and hope for a quick return.

Youth Intake

Another strong intake and with a good goalkeeper, we now have some depth  and hopefully a bright future.

Shaun Maxwell (YP03a)

Tony McMeekin (YP03b)

Ross Clark (YP03c)

Mark Morrison (YP03d)

Andy Murray (YP03e)

Transfers, Finance and Facilities

As I mentioned earlier we lost our goalkeeper, he was crucial in our promotion, losing the back up as well was kicking me when I was down. The 16 year old I chucked in the deep end did his best, but we conceded far too many.

We moved into our expanded stadium, which was a positive.

So, here I go.

I have set the game up as follows:

qfjqi9s.png

I have added the following players:  All players from the European leagues top flights, all players of Welsh nationality and all players in the Welsh league pyramids.  Confirmation is in the screenshots below.

315G2Qs.png W8owlVg.png w5a3pA3.png e5LEMeU.png Rmk6UH2.png

5 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

Ok, I am in.  I am currently holidaying in Wales and will take over a newly promoted club.

@darren1983- Could you edit the OP please and add the Welsh reset date as 25 June, the same as England.  Cheers.

Sorry only just seen this, was about to check for you!

Congrats to the people doing well in England.

@Boyd The BeastHolland is interesting...never had the guts to start there due to the difficulty of the first seasons

2. Bundesliga was a big jump, I'm outmatched, outclassed, out-everything.. bravely fighting but I'm going down again and I think I'll stop this for now. 

Archived