Sports Interactive Community
darren1983

FM18 Youth Academy Challenge

5 hours ago, MikaelS said:

I want to try this in Denmark but i am really struggling to find a suitable team. It seems the reloading doesn't really change teams, so I need to start over constantly.

Oh and reload date is June 30th.

Safest way is 2 weeks before reload date at last 1 month sometimes few days dosent work I dont understand why mby lower league finish faster or something

Please welcome the new manager of Holbæk in the Danish 2nd Division.

After a deroute to the Danish series for a few years, Holbæk is now back to fight for promotion in the real leagues.

Facilities looks decent enough with the stadium being the major factor. Hopefully I can will it up :)

Edited by MikaelS

I've not really clicked with Dulwich this year (keep comparing to my team last year) so thinking of picking a new team to try it with. Thinking the money bags at Billericay. Couple reasons really, main one being that they start as a professional club. At the starting level having players every day should be a big help, plus their starting squad should be good enough for a quick promotion or two.

@MikaelS welcome. Nice to have another player and country to the mix.

One tip for this was to increase youth coaching and recruitment before facilities right?

5 minutes ago, QSF25 said:

One tip for this was to increase youth coaching and recruitment before facilities right?

Generally it's cheaper and the board are more likely to agree to it and your finances can take it.

Youth coaching is good for this challenge since you will be playing your youth players as soon as possible, so the extra CA boost at the beginning helps.

ground_flint.jpg

FLINT TOWN UNITED - SEASON ONE - 2018/19

Welsh Cup - League Cup

League Table:

We stayed up, all I was hoping for. We started the season off well but soon hit bad form, slight relegation danger but we were better than the teams below us.

Transfers:

We lost a couple of players, they weren't under contract and decided not to sign a deal to the club.

Finances:

The finances are alright, having a small squad means our wage bill is smaller, getting into Europe will improve them a lot and that's when we can look at improving things off the pitch.

Youth Intake:

There were a few good players to pick from, a goalkeeper was our number 1 priority seeing as our only goalkeeper is thinking about retiring. George Beck was the stand out player from the pick

Best XI

Career Overview:

Season    League    Position    Welsh Cup       League Cup      Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes        Top Scorer
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19   WPL       9th         Semi-Finals     Winners         Poor                   Poor                 Minimal             Limited             N/A                       Bull (24)           

There is still bug that dont increse your working with youth and lvl of discipline when you get licences?

4 hours ago, Sn00gle said:

There is still bug that dont increse your working with youth and lvl of discipline when you get licences?

i really hope its not there. that bug is annoying

On 07/11/2017 at 00:35, darren1983 said:

I've not really clicked with Dulwich this year (keep comparing to my team last year) so thinking of picking a new team to try it with. Thinking the money bags at Billericay. Couple reasons really, main one being that they start as a professional club. At the starting level having players every day should be a big help, plus their starting squad should be good enough for a quick promotion or two.

@MikaelS welcome. Nice to have another player and country to the mix.

Yeah felt really odd being anyone else so stayed at my new home of Dulwich. Especially after the news that come out this week that they could be forced to close.

ground_flint.jpg

FLINT TOWN UNITED - SEASON TWO - 2019/20

Welsh Cup - League Cup

League Table:

Stayed up again, was a lot closer this year, our form is always up and down, needs to be sorted out.

Transfers:

Only 1 player left the club, might see some more leave over the next few months.

Finances:

We need European football to help us soon.

Youth Intake:

Jac Roose was the stand out player of the intake. Striker Sam Parslow could be useful.

Best XI

Career Overview:

Season    League    Position    Welsh Cup       League Cup      Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes        Top Scorer
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19   WPL       9th         Semi-Finals     Winners         Poor                   Poor                 Minimal             Limited             N/A                       Bull (24) 
2019/20   WPL       10th        4th Rnd         3rd Rnd         Poor                   Poor                 Fairly Basic        Limited             N/A                       Smyth/Bull (15)

Edited by Dan BHTFC

Attempted this challenge a couple of times before but never followed through with it, so i thought it was about time I posted in this forum to commit to a save. Decided to manage in England, and in the end went with the romantic story of Hereford FC, the phoenix club of Hereford United. Hopefully I can lead the club back to where it belongs in the football league (and maybe even further!). 

fokwoigS.jpeg

So here's my manager.

Here's the squad.

And I was feeling slightly confident until we were predicted to finish bottom!

Champion Hill to the Champions League

Dulwich Hamlet Review - Season 2018/19

582637a16faea_DulwichHamletBadge.png.5f7a42c05f808e7db9719a6383e69a3c.png

League - media prediction was 4th, the board just wanted a top half finish. This made my aim a playoff place. We started OK, we didn't lose many (only 1 loss in our first 14) but we were drawing a lot, in October we hit a poor run of only 1 win in 6. From there we had 2 separate runs of form - one run was 13 games without losing and the other was 12. The second one finally took us top and with 5 games to go we went away to 2nd placed Merthyr and we ran out 5-0 winners opening up a 6 point lead on the chasing pack. with 3 games left 4 points were all we needed this is when my right back tried to kill me! In a home game against Whitehawk he gave away 3 penalties as we lost 2-1 (keeper saved the final one) a nervy 1-0 win in our final away game meant we needed 1 point from playoff chasing Bromley in our final game to win the league. A very tight game with not many chances untill the 94th minute when my right back gave away another penalty! Our Keeper Preston Edwards to the rescue as he saved another one to get us the point. 2nd placed Gloucester lost anyway so it didn't matter but if I could make transfers than a right back would be first on my list this summer.

FA Cup - we had a nice little run until we met a team I now hate in Blyth. In the first game they injured 2 of my back 4 then grabbed an equaliser in the 93rd minute, in the replay we had a defender sent off at 1-0 before losing 3-1.

FA Trophy - another little run until we met Blyth! In this cup it was us with a late equaliser to earn a replay where we lost 1-0 thanks to an own goal. Have I mentioned I hate Blyth?

Transfers - none in of course

Finances - not bad, pretty decent for this level. No scouting packages probably help

Youth Intake - a so called "Golden Generation" (I suspect we'll see a few of these in the early days) with 4 players 5* potential (well 4 gold and 1 black) tagged. Worried about the personalities coming through as my first team squad all 90% balanced so tutoring will only help so much. 

*Note - youth intake (and therefore tagged pictures) were taking before the game updated - they do now all have faces :D)

Josh Casey (YP01A) - able to play down my whole left side with some nice starting mentals

James McMilan (YP01B) - young CB, prob won't ever be more than a last choice option for us

Jim Carter (YP01C) - striker, some nice starting physicals 

Noel Daly (YP01D) - keeper, already got his personality to fairly professional so that's a start

Career Overview

Season		League	Position	Achievements 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19		VNLS	1st 		League winners, Promotion

Other News

An expansion to the stadium, when I signed my new contract I got the board to agree to a smaller transfer budget and more junior coaching so we're up to "good" now. Brexit also happened, looks to be a hard Brexit which should mean clubs are more willing to spend money on good home grown players but also might mean clubs coming in earlier for potential young players.

ground_flint.jpg

FLINT TOWN UNITED - SEASON THREE - 2020/21

Welsh Cup - League Cup

League Table:

We managed to get into the top 6 before the split. Some bad results saw us stay bottom half of the leage but we managed to beat Cefn Druids in the European Play-Off Final so Europa League here we come!

Transfers:

No one left the club this year

Finances:

Another los but with European football, even just one round, coming up it should see us amke a profit next season.

Youth Intake:

Lee Turner is the best product in 3 years, hoping he can really develop. Oliver Howells is another one who has potential to be something good.

Best XI

Career Overview:

2019/20   WPL       10th        4th Rnd         3rd Rnd         Poor                   Poor                 Fairly Basic        Limited             N/A                       Smyth/Bull (15)
2019/20   WPL       5th         1st Rnd         1st Rnd         Poor                   Poor                 Fairly Basic        Limited             N/A                       Smyth (21)

Also got this potentially happening.

But it ended up being a disappointing takeover with no extra funding.

Edited by Dan BHTFC

1 hour ago, darren1983 said:

Welcome aboard @TheWillsy England is a brutal slog at times. I wish you all the luck.

Thank you mate and congratulations on your promotion! With you starting in England too I’m sure I’ll end up comparing our progress the whole way through - no pressure in my first season then :eek:

16 hours ago, MikaelS said:

Welcome aboard @TheWillsy:) I hope you can prove the predictions wrong :)

Thank you - here’s hoping. 

1860 Munich - Season 2020-2021 - 2nd Division

Predicted: 17th

Actual finish: 3th

What an incredible season we had. We finally could field some youngsters, and they had an immediate impact. We were almost the entire seasosn around 3th place, the play-off position. When we had won our last 2 games, we could have won direct promotion, but I was happy enough to even reach the play-offs.

First game of the play-off was away to Bremen, and don't ask me how but we won the game 0-1. I must admit it was totally undeserved. The second leg was as boring as could be. We parked the bus and could hold on. 0-0 was the final score, and we sealed promotion to the first division!!!

I don't have any hopes for staying up, but the money will be good.

Games 1

Games 2

Play-offs

Cup: We reached the 3th round, but Augsburg was the Lucky team in our game. We were 1-0 up until 73th minute. 3 minutes later they scored a second one, and the dream was over. All in all it was a very good season in the cup.

Youth intake: incredible

Herve Ndzié (YP3a): AML, this guy is just unbelievable good. Luckily I signed a pro countract immediatly. Allread rejecting bids of +5M.

Thomas Anger (YP3b): DL, very welcome as this is one of our weakest positions.

Johannes Koch (YP3c): ST, also very welcome as we have not enough good strikers. Allready rejecting bids of +3M.

Johannes Reinhardt (YP3d): DM

Martin Gasser (YP3e): GK, but needs a lot of training to even have a chance of playing in the first team.

Timon Schlicke (YP3f): Natural DL & DC.

Transfers: The board sold 2 of our best prospects. At the moment that the board sold them I had enough money in the bank. I think this will be the hard part of the challenge. Keeping my best players.

Finances: In black after a big end of season money.

Big news: The new stadium will be build and will have a capacity of almost 21.8K. I hoped it would be bigger. We had to pay allready 8M and need to pay of 375k every month for the next 10 years. That leaves the finances looking like this.

Goals last season:

Staying up: SUCCES

Keep all my youth prospects: FAILURE

Goals next season:

Staying up

Keep all prospects

3 hours ago, Dan BHTFC said:

ground_flint.jpg

FLINT TOWN UNITED - SEASON THREE - 2020/21

Welsh Cup - League Cup

League Table:

We managed to get into the top 6 before the split. Some bad results saw us stay bottom half of the leage but we managed to beat Cefn Druids in the European Play-Off Final so Europa League here we come!

Transfers:

No one left the club this year

Finances:

Another los but with European football, even just one round, coming up it should see us amke a profit next season.

Youth Intake:

Lee Turner is the best product in 3 years, hoping he can really develop. Oliver Howells is another one who has potential to be something good.

Best XI

Career Overview:

2019/20   WPL       5th         1st Rnd         1st Rnd         Poor                   Poor                 Fairly Basic        Limited             N/A                       Smyth (21)

Congrats raching Europe, massive achievement. A question from my side. Do you have a problem with register players for Europe. I've read this on the bugs forum, and when you have the problem you need to start a new save to solve this. I hope this is not true.

I got bored of this last season when i got stuck in League 1 I think it was. 

I am in the process of holidaying now to give it a go again :)

I will probably be doing all of my updates in YouTube videos though as I am lazy :)

I will probably create a separate thread so as not to pollute this one though. Good luck to you all :)

B8T3i.md.png

Dnipr - Season 2020-2021

So back to the second league in our third year in charge of Dnipr. For the entire season we fought a long battle with Karpaty but we managed to overtake them in the final stages of the season and we finished 1st in the League! Other than that not much going on in the cup as the Season Review sees us eliminated in the first round of the cup! So next season, back in the first league fighting with the big boys - Shaktar who won another league title and Dynamo on the usual second position.

Different from the previous two, most of this season our team played with a DM instead of an AMC. Still we have a lot of young players with games this season in the Team. We had two youth prospects in the Team of the Season, but unfortunately we have lost our best one - Svatok 19a has been stolen by Dynamo with a compensation fee of 725k!

Our finances have improved a bit following the fee received from Dynamo which increased after Svatok played a game in the national team of Ukraine. This season for the second time we had a training facilities upgrade planned and then cancelled due to lack of funds. 

A disappointing Youth Intake as we only get players in positions already covered. We are dying for a right winger or a natural striker. And of course, no Transfers in.

This is my first time starting a Challenge in this forum, I really like the idea of a Youth Challenge. I've never played in England, so this year I've decided to start a career at Altrincham. I apologize for the screens, they are in italian but I hope that the important informations will be easy to understand. 

See you later with the first update at the end of the season!

@TheWillsy the saying "it's a marathon not a sprint" sums up this challenge, so no pressure to go up season one. Season 2 though... ;) 

@Bartrcm Cheers, congrats on your promotion as well. Good luck in the top flight

@Dan BHTFC well done on getting into Europe so quickly 

@Muttley84 congrats on getting straight back up

@fairsy and @roxasthebest Welcome to the madhouse 

My squad looked ok-ish 28 players of varying quality including a couple of promising youngsters....

And then my best CB retired, and 2 of my 5 strikers (bearing in mind I was planning on playing 3 up top) refused to sign new deals, as well as a couple of others and now I'm down to a threadbare 23 players....!

Survival is the name and a prayer for a decent youth crop. Have bought in some better coaches, a new HOYD and started my National C badge

fokwoigS.jpeg

Hereford season 1: 18-19

Competitions: So we were predicted to finish bottom and the board objective was to fight bravely against relegation. After a fairly inconsistent season with no real run of form we ended up in 9th, 1 point off the play offs. Not too bad for the first season. The cup competitions were not important to me this season but hopefully we can reach the first round of the fa cup next year. 

Finances: Very good at this level. An average attendance 3234 is the biggest in the division by far, this will be massive in the long run. What I also didn't notice before is that the club has professional status at the start, another huge bonus. 

Upgrades: Due to the good finances and the board being happy with our overachievements, I was able to increase the junior coaching budget, improve the youth recruitment and improve the youth facilities. Happy days!

Youth intake: An apparent golden generation as well! The most useful to me being the lb (who slotted straight into my team as we have no left sided players), a decent cb prospect and a decent looking midfielder. Those three joined the first team and the rest will develop with the u18s. 

Transfers: none in, of course.

Overall: After learning the club had professional status and with such a high average attendance, I'm kind of disappointed I couldn't sneak into the play offs, especially after we beat top of the league away in the penultimate game, before losing the last 3-1. :seagull:

The youth intake should add nicely to the squad for next season, although I'm worried I'm going to lose a few of the first team who think they're too good for this level. 

Next season targets: Make the play offs, reach the first round of the fa cup, finish with at least two regular youth starters.

Getting the itch...... :idiot:

Have a potential holiday'd save ready in Holland, but will take a look at others when home later.

Like the look of Wales and always have soft spots for Belgium & Sweden after previous years.

Top of the league after 6 games with 14 points and have scored 19 goals - although have conceded 10 and won my last game 6-5!

A couple of teenagers getting some good game time and feel as though they are improving quite quickly

Half way through the season and I didn't finish in the top 6, so I have to do relegation stage. It's not going great because half way through that, i'm 11th out of 12.. :(

Slagelse Boldklub & Idrætsforening

image.jpeg.08fd8c1a3246b0f0e45c63573b935ea8.jpeg

Frederik Kjær is now the manager of newly promoted Danish club Slagelse Boldklub & Idrætsforening. After going bankrupt in 2015 as FC Vestsjælland, Slagelse has been promoted from the Series and is now semi-professional.

Squad - It's a decent squad and is pretty young, which will give me time to develop the intake players for a couple of years. We already have a decent prospect in Morten Albrechtsen.

The Reset Date for Scotland is again this year, the 25th of June (2018).
When the promotions from the lower leagues are determined, I don't know, but saving on the 1st of May will do the trick.

Scratch the last line. I think you have to save earlier, as the relegation-playoff fixtures are already determined on the 1st of May.

Edited by andershs

@TurtleNick: Good luck with Slagelse. Sjælland has room for an academy and a top club outside of the Copenhagen-area.

Edited by andershs

I tried my best.
I even thought the youth intake were decent with a "golden generation".

YP1
YP2
YP3
YP4

We started out with a mixed run, but in the end I couldn't withstand the lack of points and I ended last in the autumn stage. That meant relegation stage.
At first I was optimistic since I was 4th at the point, with some space down to relegation spots.

I reached the 2nd round in the Cup, only by losing in extra time to Superliga team, Lyngby. I was quite proud of that performance and thought it was a glimmer of hope.

However, the losses just came coming. I changed tactic to 4-3-3 and secured a big fat 5-0 victory but it was a single win. It continued downhill and as the season drew nearer, I found myself at the bottom of the group.

The away match against Frem did no good and a 0-3 loss resulted in a sacking with 3 matches to go and no chance of staying up. The schedule is really not a fun read.

Inevitably I was shown the door

So what did I learn?
- Season breaks are bad. I've found I struggle a lot with match sharpness and fitness so I need to look into what I must do when there is a break.
- Not being able to purchase players is a real challenge. If it was possible, I could have strengthened the team where needed.
- I am not a tactical wizard. Never have been. I think I switched too much between tactics, but as a desperate manager, that is what we tend to do. So how do I find a tactic or two that works?
- Some aspects of using youth players really appeals to me.

I am tempted to give the Youth Challenge another go, I am just not sure it will be in Denmark again.