FM18 Youth Academy Challenge

Gerade eben schrieb b101:

You can withdraw if it's friendlies, but not for anything elseĀ - I had 7 missing for the cup final due to the sodding Toulon Tournament :(

Not even for youth? Because it is only U19 U21 etc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vor 1 Minute schrieb b101:

Annoyingly, I've never had the option. Is yours Toulon Tournament as well?

No just some games in September and November, butĀ  that's where most of our games are... hm I just can wait until they are older than 21, because no player of mine will make it in the Main Squad of Wales any time soon! :(:D But this will take some time, my oldest youth prospect is 18...

So I've probably taken the best part of a day thinking over the tactic and working my way through pre-season (got to love school holidays) and ended up with a nice adaptation of the 4-1-2-2-1 / 4-3-3 depending on how you view it. Results have been pretty good so far and we're absolutely destroying some of the smaller sides. I'm chronicalling this over on Tea and Busquets, if anyone's interested (it's a properly good site):Ā https://teaandbusquets.com/+Sampedrense

As a taster of what poor Chaves ended up getting...

image.thumb.png.ee73a5c7ab4b44ff6dbdaba8d0655d55.png

And a beautiful goal from our man Leite after good build up and a simply breathtaking through ball from Rocha. Worth playing at 0.5 speed if you're watching:

Ā 

And we have the new best result of the save. Went ballsy and attacked Madrid then had no idea what to do when we hit 5-0 up :DĀ 

madrid.thumb.png.b913eb16744a1fded1fad750872024ae.png

Edit: This whole 'playing the game properly' approach and actually thinking about tactics / managing every game seems to be the right idea...

image.thumb.png.0d17363b0c942c2e9f6a2b00faf1bc1b.png

Il y a 18 heures, b101 a ditĀ :

Edit: This whole 'playing the game properly' approach and actually thinking about tactics / managing every game seems to be the right idea...

image.thumb.png.0d17363b0c942c2e9f6a2b00faf1bc1b.png

Thats impressing mate. And many games with clear sheet. It feels your challenge could end soon!

vor 20 Stunden schrieb b101:

@JWVGĀ - so, it seems it does happen, but perhaps only when you have two weeks off after the fixture and none of the players are really first teamers... Madness!

image.thumb.png.f544a8e5dc0d70cd7ad5b58e348dab8b.png

Yes it does happen, I had it recently in my 5th season! Very weird, why not earlier?

il y a 13 minutes, JWVG a ditĀ :

Yes it does happen, I had it recently in my 5th season! Very weird, why not earlier?

They just proposed me as well for the first time to postpone a game. I haveĀ as 3 players of my first team out for international duty. I guess the message pop up when 3 players or more from the first squad are called.

18 hours ago, SpS_Zen said:

Thats impressing mate. And many games with clear sheet. It feels your challenge could end soon!

Thanks but I still think we are a way off. Problem is that both RB and LB are limited and better sides are working that out... We don't really have anyone else coming through either so it could need a bit of retraining.

First leg loss of 2-1 away at Bayern wasn't bad, but feel we deserved better - they scored an own goal off a scramble and a strike from outside the area, whilst we missed a few good chances.

Edit: And my laptop decides to restart with no warning. Second time round and it's 1-0. Would have preferred 2-1 :(Ā 

Having gotten a little bored with my main and only save this year, I have ventured into this sub forum and stumbled across this thread. Having read all 20 pages, I am keen to give this challenge a go.Ā 

I am undecided on which country to choose, with a few options in mind. Could those who have attempted in the countries below highlight ifĀ there are any restrictions in place (age limits for example) or any other negatives you encountered?

France

Italy

Hungary

Greece

I have only ever managed in England on a long term save, hence the reason for wanting to try something a bit different.

Thanks in advance for any advice. I look forward to giving this a go.

12 minutes ago, BuryBlade said:

Having gotten a little bored with my main and only save this year, I have ventured into this sub forum and stumbled across this thread. Having read all 20 pages, I am keen to give this challenge a go.Ā 

I am undecided on which country to choose, with a few options in mind. Could those who have attempted in the countries below highlight ifĀ there are any restrictions in place (age limits for example) or any other negatives you encountered?

France

Italy

Hungary

Greece

I have only ever managed in England on a long term save, hence the reason for wanting to try something a bit different.

Thanks in advance for any advice. I look forward to giving this a go.

Welcome - it's a properly good challenge and hope you enjoy! I would say the only main one to avoid is Germany, where you can't play youngsters until 17, I think. The other thing to bear in mind is that each country has a youth reputation / level (can't remember the term) and so it's an in-built difficulty level. France and Italy will be miles easier than Greece and then Hungary. I've really enjoyed France in the past with Rennes and Italy will probably be where I head for FM19 when I'm done with Sampedrense.Ā 

Definitely be careful with the instructions in the first post when loading staff and players from the league below as that caught me out.

14 minutes ago, JWVG said:

This guy Jeff Davies, I don't know what it is about him, his attributes are not special but he always performs and the fans love him!

Adams looks good for his age! Is the LB from the intake actually not that great?

vor 3 Minuten schrieb b101:

Adams looks good for his age! Is the LB from the intake actually not that great?

He is fantastic too, so good that he doesn't want to extend his contract :(

Oh and I have a fantastic RB too, best player in my team and he signed a new (huge ;)) contract!

Here they are in 2023 (I'm already done with season 5 but haven't posted yet)

gX683Q6.pnglz4VHgz.png

Ā 

24 minutes ago, JWVG said:

He is fantastic too, so good that he doesn't want to extend his contract :(

Oh and I have a fantastic RB too, best player in my team and he signed a new (huge ;)) contract!

Damn. But have you got the contract extensions ready to go?

Our end and the 100% record in the league has finally come to an end in March. Utterly frustrating 1-0 loss in Braga to an own goal. Thanks FM...

braga.thumb.png.fcdb1e3af35fa84688db349963a1841c.png

YES! Finally made it past the First Knockout Round in the CL!Ā 

bayern.thumb.png.5b5fc012c5a79311c13e36589be9881e.png

In classic Bayern style, they scored another goal from outside the box to equalise after they had gifted us a goal to start things off, but it was pretty much one way traffic after that. Our AML - Santos - was guilty of squandering lots of chances, as was Oliveira, but Nelson finally poked home after their keeper had pulled off a ridiculous double save to give us the edge. My heart rate was pretty high after about 80 minutes and we dropped to a proper 4-5-1 with two defensive wingers. DM JosƩ Antonio then sealed things with a worldie from 25 yards and we deservedly progress. Their keeper was unreal though, making so many ridiculous saves.

This game and goalkeepers. Seriously feels like every intake there is a 5* keeper prospect. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I would really like that potential to occasionally be taken by someone who plays an outfield position...

gk.thumb.png.e5d85e83fe383cd4f8efec16830035ae.png

intake.thumb.png.8f4c51c7cf61ea4f0cc7e4eabff2bfe3.png

Going back through my past intakes, I've had the following:

18/19 - 3* keeper
19/20 - 3* keeper
20/21 - 5* keeper
21/22 - 5* keeper (all keepers were pretty average until this one)Ā 
22/23 - 5* keeper
23/24 - 5* keeper (ended up world class)
24/25 - 3* keeper
25/26 - 4* keeper
26/27 - 5* keeper (ended up world class)
27/28 - 3* keeper
28/29 - 3* keeper
29/30 - 3 1/2* keeper
30/31 - 5* keeper

I've had a genuinely outstanding keeper since 2025 now, so for us to keep getting them when seems a bit odd. We also have massive gaps at LB, CB and AML, so I'd expect players coming in at those positions to have higher potential for the first team in relative terms. Just seems so skewed towards keepers this year...

6 hours ago, b101 said:

Welcome - it's a properly good challenge and hope you enjoy! I would say the only main one to avoid is Germany, where you can't play youngsters until 17, I think. The other thing to bear in mind is that each country has a youth reputation / level (can't remember the term) and so it's an in-built difficulty level. France and Italy will be miles easier than Greece and then Hungary. I've really enjoyed France in the past with Rennes and Italy will probably be where I head for FM19 when I'm done with Sampedrense.Ā 

Definitely be careful with the instructions in the first post when loading staff and players from the league below as that caught me out.

Thanks for the welcome and the help. I have tried to follow the instructions in the OP. I have chosen France as hopefully this will provide better newgens in the long term. First post to follow.Ā 

My first time ever attempting this challenge. I have decided to start in France. Meet the new manager of Le Mans.Ā Manager Profile

There was one pre arranged transfer,Ā See here. It wouldnā€™t allow this to be cancelled.Ā 

The squad looks a little thin (20 eligible players over age 16) and the pre season odds and expectations suggest a difficult challenge to avoid relegation (250/1 pre season odds).Ā 

Looking forward to getting through to my first youth intake day so that I can at least have a full squad.Ā 

Having finally got past the First Knockout Round, we've made a nice little run of it! Giants PSG now await... Toughest team by far were Atletico, who we absolutely mugged, losing comfortably on clear cut chances in both legs. Juve were actually pretty poor and just relied on Geubbels up front, but it took flipping ages and a bold sub of bringing on youngster Daniel Belo for our Ā£29m inside forward to turn the tie.Ā 

image.thumb.png.93844871d5ea4d1b3e6b3fd2492f7324.png

55027262.png

Sampedrense - 2030/31 Season Report

Challenge Complete!Ā 

Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2 - Transfers

League

oXJq3b6.png

Our ridiculous season was helped by the fact that Benfica utterly bombed - clearly they'd used up all of their good form last year (selling all of their good players probably didn't help...). We had a 100% record until March and, once we'd lost that stupid match to Braga, I started rotating massively around the Champions League. We had a 17 point lead over Sporting with 7 games to play, so the reserves pretty much saw the season out :D. There were a few lucky results in there - both matches against Sporting were very much luck on our side and both that away tie and the away match with Porto were our full reserves, so I'm amazed we didn't lose either. Nice to have this title back.

Cups

Pretty typical year. We bombed the Taca da Portugal somehow by exiting to Leixoes from the league below in one of those weird games in a round when every other strong side had already gone out. Didn't even rotate much...

As ever, we won the Taca da Liga group in spite of rotating, which gave us an annoying extra couple of fixtures. Then things started to turn - we were miles better than Benfica, but it took some heroics from Moita in the shootout, saving three,Ā to seal it. In the final, we were definitely second best, but Alexandre's late winner more than makes up for all those times we haven't quite done it.Ā 

Europe

image.png.a41acf4a2dc5c0f5e3d82e1a8dd1fe

So, the picture cannot possibly tell this whole story. Do please indulge me...

Groups: We had a fairly tough group but actually finished top with a game to spare having smashed Real and with Spurs bottling it against Red Star both times out. Away at Real was just tough, but did give me hope that we might actually be able to shut up shop and get narrow losses or draws away from Sao Pedro da Sul. That gave us the dubious honour of a match against Bayern. Obviously, we're not allowed to draw Red Bull Salzburg. That's for Sporting Lisbon. FFS.

Bayern:Ā Originally, we lost this 2-1, but my laptop then did a stupid Windows update (there is a reason for me mentioning this!). Second time round, they scored early in Munich thanks to a long-ranger and we lost the away goal we should have had. That made life all the more worrying when they equalised immediately after Leite's goal with a shot from the edge of the area. We scored a pen before half time and were dominating but couldn't get the goal. Eventually, Oliveira got the tap-in before JosĆ© Antonio scored this absolute stunner at the death. On to Atletico

Atletico:Ā Well, we missed a few chances at home, but thankfully they missed way more. We just didn't get things right and left ourselves a mountain to climb in Madrid. We couldn't have ridden our luck any more in Spain, going 4-1 down on aggregate before somehow turning it around. Thankfully, their striker had a car crash of a performance and missed 4 clear chances, before we sealed it through another stunner - this time from CM Alexandre.Ā 

Juventus: This was the tie I actually felt the most comfortable about as we'd beaten Juve in Turin a few years back in our first CL expedition. We ground out a deserved 1-1 draw over there but it seemed like we were going out at home. As against Bayern, we were hammering them, but couldn't score. When they went 2-1 up in the second half, I feared the worst and chucked on our young winger, who had a stormer, scoring one and winning the penalty that Leite slotted home. And we would meet PSG in Romania (as if UEFA would do that...)

PSG:Ā Pretty even game, with few clear chances, but hilariously (in a wonderful **** you, FM moment), both of our goals came from corners, having conceded from set plays all year long. We went ultra defensive for the last ten minutes and survived thanks to a late save from Moita. WeĀ had done it!Ā 

XfHx69W.png

We definitely didn't deserve this and have probably used up every piece of luck I will have in FM for the next few years. The squad isn't totally ready, but spending a lot of time working on the tactic over the course of the season massively helped. PSG didn't threaten hugely, but their players are simply so much better than ours that this shouldn't have ever been close.

Youth Intake

Not really positions of need, but a few nice players coming in to retrain.

Logan Long (YP13a) - A hilariously named good-looking AMC. I'm planning to retrain him to AML as an advanced playmaker for options.

Nuno Almeida (YP13b) - An actual inside forward! Decent potential and some fairly nice stats to start off with.

Luis Borges (YP13c) - Supposedly one of the best of his generation, so I'm tagging him. I don't see him ever getting past Moita and I also slightlyĀ resent getting yet another GK!

Facilities and Finances:

No change here.

---

Aims for next season.

• I'm now going to let myself sign a few players per year, but with a couple of rules in place. Maximum three per season and only under 20s (ideally Portuguese).

Progress:

Season Ā | Ā League   | Pos.             | Ā  Cup Ā  | Ā  Ā  CL Ā  Ā  Ā | Ā  Ā  EL Ā  Ā  Ā | Top scorer              | Top assists Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  | Top rating Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā         | Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19 | Prio      | 2nd - lost in QF | 3rd rdĀ  |   Ā  n/a Ā  Ā  | Ā  Ā  n/a Ā  Ā  | Mimba (30)       Ā       | Mimba (16) Ā         | Mimba (7.65)Ā  Ā              | Squad of 11...
2019/20 | Prio      | 1st - won league | 4th rdĀ  |   Ā  n/a Ā  Ā  | Ā  Ā  n/a Ā  Ā  | Mimba (35) Ā             | Mimba (22) Ā         | Mimba (7.70)Ā  Ā              | 
2020/21 | Liga Pro  | 7th              | 4th rdĀ  | Ā    n/a Ā  Ā  | Ā  Ā  n/a Ā  Ā  | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (32)| Mimba (20)       Ā   | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (7.69)  | Turned Professional
2021/22 | Liga Pro  | 1st - champions  | 4th rdĀ  | Ā    n/a Ā  Ā  | Ā  Ā  n/a Ā  Ā  | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (47)| Elton Abdul (21) Ā   | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (8.07)  | 
2022/23 | Liga NOS  | 10th             | 3rd rdĀ  | Ā    n/a Ā  Ā  | Ā  Ā  n/a Ā  Ā  | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (27)| Abdul/Barros (11) Ā  | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (7.37)  | Elton Abdul won European Golden Boy
2023/24 | Liga NOS  | 7th              | 6th rdĀ  | Ā    n/a Ā  Ā  | Ā  Ā  n/a Ā  Ā  | Jorge Barros(YP03a) (23)| Barros (11) Ā        | Jorge Barros(YP03a) (7.31)  | Made semi of Taca de Liga
2024/25 | Liga NOS  | 3rd              | 5th rdĀ  | Ā    n/a Ā  Ā  | Ā  Ā  n/a Ā  Ā  | Emanuel Leite YP06a (16)| Tavares (12)     Ā   | Michael Rocha (YP04a) (7.46)| Qualified for CL 3rd round
2025/26 | Liga NOS  | 2nd              | 6th rdĀ  | 3rd in group| Ā  last 16   | Emanuel Leite YP06a (30)| Leite (YP06a) (14)  | Michael Rocha (YP04a) (7.39)| Taca da Liga runners up
2026/27 | Liga NOS  | CHAMPIONS!       | 4th rdĀ  | 4th in group| Ā    n/a     | Emanuel Leite YP06a (29)| Martinho (16) Ā      | AndrĆ© Tabaio (7.55)         |
2027/28 | Liga NOS  | CHAMPIONS!       | Winners!|   Last 16   | Ā    n/a     | Emanuel Leite YP06a (66)| Tabaio (21)      Ā   | Emanuel Leite (YP06a) (8.18)| 
2028/29 | Liga NOS  | CHAMPIONS!       | 4th rd  |   Last 16   | Ā    n/a     | Emanuel Leite YP06a (44)| Rocha (YP04a) (22)  | Emanuel Leite (YP06a) (8.11)| 
2029/30 | Liga NOS  | 2nd              | Winners!|   Last 16   | Ā    n/a     | Emanuel Leite YP06a (47)| Leite (YP06a) (22)  | Emanuel Leite (YP06a) (7.96)|
2030/31 | Liga NOS  | CHAMPIONS!       | 6th rd  |   Winners!  | Ā  n/a       | Emanuel Leite YP06a (47)| Oliveira (YP07b)(22)| Emanuel Leite (YP06a) (7.82)| 

Season Ā | Ā Finances | Ā Coaching Ā  Ā | Ā Recruitment Ā  Ā  Ā | Training Fac.  Ā | Youth Fac.  Ā  Ā  Ā | Ā Stadium
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18 | Ā  Ā£96k Ā  Ā | Ā Average Ā  Ā  | Ā Basic Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā | Good Ā  Ā   Ā  Ā  Ā  | Good  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā | Ā 3000
2018/19 | Ā  Ā£480k Ā  | Ā Adequate Ā  Ā | Ā Fairly Basic Ā  Ā  | Good Ā   Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  | Good  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā | Ā 3000
2019/20 | Ā  Ā£256k Ā  | Ā Exceptional | Ā Well Established | Good Ā   Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  | Good Ā   Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā | Ā 3000
2020/21 | Ā  Ā£559k Ā  | Ā Exceptional | Ā Extensive        | Good  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  | Good Ā   Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā | Ā 3000
2021/22 | Ā -Ā£400k Ā  | Ā Exceptional | Ā Extensive        | Good  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  | Good Ā  Ā   Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā | Ā 4000 - seriously, Ā£1m for 1000 seats...?
2022/23 | Ā  Ā£2.6m Ā  | Ā Exceptional | Ā Extensive        | Good Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā   | Good Ā  Ā   Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā | Ā 5250
2023/24 | Ā  Ā£2.2m Ā  | Ā Exceptional | Ā Extensive        | GreatĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā   | Good Ā  Ā  Ā   Ā  Ā  Ā | Ā 5250 (planning a 16,898 stadium)
2024/25 | Ā  Ā£20.5mĀ  | Ā Exceptional | Ā Extensive        | GreatĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā   Ā  | Great            | Ā 5250 (building a 17,468 stadium)
2025/26 | Ā  Ā£32.5mĀ  | Ā Exceptional | Ā Extensive        | GreatĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā   Ā  | Great            | Ā 5250 (still building a 17,468 stadium)
2026/27 | Ā  Ā£41.5mĀ  | Ā Exceptional | Ā Extensive        | GreatĀ  Ā  Ā   Ā  Ā  | Great            | Ā 17468
2027/28 | Ā  Ā£43.6mĀ  | Ā Exceptional | Ā Extensive        | GreatĀ  Ā  Ā   Ā  Ā  | Great            | Ā 17468
2028/29 | Ā  Ā£50.6mĀ  | Ā Exceptional | Ā Extensive        | Excellent       | Superb           | Ā 17468 (expanding). No more debt.
2029/30 | Ā  Ā£57.7mĀ  | Ā Exceptional | Ā Extensive        | State of the Art| State of the Art | Ā 26202 
2030/31 | Ā  Ā£64.4mĀ  | Ā Exceptional | Ā Extensive        | State of the Art| State of the Art | Ā 26202 (expanding to 32,656)

Dulwich Hamlet Season 6Ā 2023/2024Ā !

582637a16faea_DulwichHamletBadge.png.5f7

20180813230732_1.thumb.jpg.179ed9fa69995a21ef76d6da368fb08d.jpg

Championship: After 6 harassing seasons, we did it! I am really happy we manage to join the PL in only 6 seasons. Thats sounds crazy to doĀ it this fast without sign any players. I did better than last year for 4Ā reasons:

- Central Defense. There is no way i could aim promotion taking 2 goals every game. I haveĀ 2 players "accomplished" as DC who were better players than my 2 VNS/VNL CB: a midfield and a right full back. Both are small, bad at heading, and i never used a player with the role they are strongest as CB. They are my only realistic option. In a normal save, i would go just buy 2 tall CB and stay in my confort zone, but here you need to be creative, try new things and learn more about the game and about football in general. I did some tries, and the first results were really good. So here was my defense this year: Chase03a and Emmanuel02d. Both grew up during the year, as player but also in height. 6cm for Chase and 3cm for Emmanuel. Chase is the best player in the club, hes sacrified as he cant really show his full potential at this role. But without him in defense, i probably wouldnt be able to aim promotion. 5th defense with 59 goals taken.

- Wingers. Way stronger than last year:Ā Croft01bĀ and Walters03d. Both did an amazing year. Walters established a new record for Championship and for my club with 17 assits. Croft carried many games and end up with 11 goals, 9 assits and 7,44 rating.

- Strikers. I have 4 decent strikers, my 2 VNL/L2 strikers from the start and 2 regens. I started with my 2 historic strikers as first team with some rotation. During the season,Ā i was really frustrated about one of my striker. Foley03eĀ has good finish, composure and ball control, he should be my key striker andĀ it feels natural to play him as poacher. But he is constantly offside, miss a ton of opportunities, and compare to my VNL poacher, hes not doing enough. In attack, hes paired with Parr03fĀ as false nine or DLF. Close to the end of the season i swap them and played with Parr in advanced forward anf Foley as DLF. It worked way betterĀ securing my last wins. Props to my 2 ancients FaalĀ with 11 goals and 7,37 as a L2 target manĀ and AllassanniĀ 21 goals, 9 assists, 7,43 rating my VNL poacher still going strong in Championship. 1th attack with 106 goals scored.Ā 

- Corners/Free-kicks. I noticed previous season i was doing poorly in defense and attack with the default set up. I did some experimentations. In defense, i have still conceded 14Ā goals on free kicks (Corners:7, IFK: 5, DFK:2) It feels like its a lot, but my first squad defense hasĀ less than 1,80m average, and they are not great at marking, so i guess i cant avoid that. In attack, 13 goals scored, twice more goals scored than last year (Corners:9, IFK:4, DFK:0)Ā There must be some room to improve again those both fields.

Ā 

Cups: Quarter Final in FA Cup, after humiliating Liverpool with my B squad. But with the race to promotion, i couldn't focus this cup. Lost logicaly againstĀ Brentford.

Squad:20180813231035_1.thumb.jpg.475895275a755b2e1061f7ff39cad1e0.jpg

Props to Smith04c, hes improving really quickly. 7,51 rating this year, named best player of the year. We won all the prizes this year, Foley03e best young. I got the best coach trophy and 2 playersĀ  were in the team of the year, my GK and Smith04c.

Transfers: 3 loans, every time i loan a player it feels like they are not improving. Even im not loaning the best regen, i prefer to keep them in club so i can make them focus a specific attribute to work.Ā Fitchett00bĀ is a decent league 1 player, but i have several strong players in midfield. I have a loanĀ offer 200k+his salary.Ā  He has 1 year left, i will release him at the end of his contract. Both my historical CB wants a new challenge. And it seems i can do nohting about it. One of them has a 1 year prolongation, so i will keep him. I have no other back up at this position. It might be a problem in the incoming season. Im going to try to keep my 2 VNL/l2 legendary scorersĀ as my regens are not good enough.Ā 

Facilities:Ā Im a bit worried about bugs with this. I will push it if i can. It seems i cant improve my training facilities as im using one of my affiliate. Im waiting to have more financial security to break the link. When i see my regens reach their potential at 19-20yo, i dont feel there is a rush about it.

Youth 2023: A good year, meaning the youth staff change payed out.Ā I finally got some promosing CB. They are not great, but there is hope. HallĀ looks interesting. Small for aĀ CB, but fast with good tackling. His lack of concentration is a concern.Ā 

Last post i complained about the financial fogĀ we are in, due to the lack of tools/communication. This season, an other thing annoyed me. I have a PL team now, and my u23 still dont play in any youth league. In u18, i play in 3th division. There are no challenge for my players. I mean, my U18 won everythingĀ this year, and they are still in division 3. Come on...this game can be painfull to play. I really hope they fix those gameplay issues in the future.

Ā 

Oh and i almost forgot, the owner took his retreat and the club was bought by a local investor. I still haveĀ 28m debt. The new big stadium will be finished at the end of the next season. Until then, i will rent Crystal Palace stadium to play there.

Next season: My first goal is to avoid relegation and focus the cups if i can. I have 3-4 players already strong enough for the PL, so im not that worried :)Ā May be i should, it will be my first season in PL, its exciting!

Ā 

Season Ā | Ā League Ā  | Pos. | Ā  Cup Ā  | Ā  Ā  CL Ā  Ā  Ā | Ā  Ā  EL Ā  Ā  Ā | Ā  Ā  Top scorer Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā | Ā Top assists Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  | Ā  Ā Top rating Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  | Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18 | Ā Isthmian | Ā n/aĀ | Ā  n/a  Ā | Ā  n/a Ā  Ā  Ā  | Ā  Ā  n/a Ā  Ā  | Ā  Ā n/aĀ Ā  Ā  Ā Ā            | Ā Ā  n/aĀ Ā  Ā            | Ā  n/aĀ  Ā                 | 
2018/19 |  VNLS     |  1   |   1st r |   3th q     |     n/a     |    Allassanni (30)      |    Koroma (12)       |   Koroma (7,68)         | Happy with the VNLS win
2019/20 |  VNL      |  6   |   1st r |   Final     |     n/a     |    Allassanni (31)      |    Clunis (14)       |   Faal (7,77)           | Promotion and great year
2020/21 |  League 2 |  3   |   3th r |   1st r     |     n/a     |    Allassanni (32)      |    Allassanni (12)   |   Faal (7,58)           | Promotion, good regens
2021/22 |  League 1 |  1   |   3th r |   1st r     |     n/a     |    Allassanni (34)      |Allassanni,O'Connor01a(11)|  Allassanni (7,54)  | The win baby ! 
2022/23 |  Champ.   |  18  |   5th r |   1st r     |     n/a     |    Allassanni (23)      |    Croft01b (9)      |   Allassanni (7,25)     | New stadium, 29m debt 
2023/24 |  Champ.   |  1   |   6th r |   2st r     |     n/a     |    Allassanni (24)      |    Walters03d (17)   |   Foley03e   (7,55)     | Finally, the Premier League!

Season Ā | Ā Finances | Ā Coaching Ā  Ā | Ā Recruitment Ā  Ā  Ā | Training Fac. Ā | Youth Fac. Ā  Ā  Ā | Ā Stadium
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18 | Ā  ā‚¬35k Ā   |  Average    Ā |  Fairly Basic  Ā   | Basic  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  | Basic  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā   | Ā 3000
2018/19 |   ā‚¬179k   |  Excellent   |  Etablished       | Basic          | Basic           |  3000 => 4000
2019/20 |   ā‚¬1m     |  Excellent   |  Etablished       | Adequate       | Basic           |  4000 => 5750
2020/21 |   ā‚¬(244k) |  Exceptional |  Well Etablished  | Adequate       | Below Average   |  5750
2021/22 |   ā‚¬(384k) |  Exceptional |  Well Etablished  | Adequate       | Below Average   |  5750
ļ»æ2022/23 |   ā‚¬8,88m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Adequate       | Below Average   |  5750 => 18645
ļ»æ2023/24 |   ā‚¬(476k) |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Adequate       | Adequate        |  5750 => 18645 

Little Sampedrense keep on going! Now at a Worldwide reputation and the biggest club in Portugal :). Love that it was our captain and record appearance holder Rocha who got the winner as well, having scored in the CL final six months before. Never our leading light, but he is quality and so key to our play.

Fun start to the game as well with Leite having two penalties inside three minutes. Contrived to miss the first, but had the cojones to step up and put the ball in exactly the same spot a minute later.

image.thumb.png.0f5104138642298942a1b221429885f3.png

In other news, I still get ridiculous low-ball offers for our best players. Literally never had anyone offer over their value. This the latest for our best player, three time Ballon D'Or winner and constant top scorer.

image.thumb.png.8da914acfd614bd6fb9f094333853c48.png

13 minuti fa, b101 ha scritto:

In other news, I still get ridiculous low-ball offers for our best players. Literally never had anyone offer over their value. This the latest for our best player, three time Ballon D'Or winner and constant top scorer.

image.thumb.png.8da914acfd614bd6fb9f094333853c48.png

Ā 

And then if you sell it to Chelsea or other big teams, you find that suddenly his value become 97M :D

This underpricing is particularly extreme in Portugal.. I constantly see talents poached by english teams for 100k who immediately become 9 million players.. and then loan, loan, loan, loan... :lol:

9 minutes ago, fabreth said:

And then if you sell it to Chelsea or other big teams, you find that suddenly his value become 97M :D

This underpricing is particularly extreme in Portugal.. I constantly see talents poached by english teams for 100k who immediately become 9 million players.. and then loan, loan, loan, loan... :lol:

Tell me about it. Almost makes me feel sorry for Benfica IRL - the bigger clubs just see them as a farm for talent.

Dulwich Hamlet Season 7Ā 2024/2025Ā !

582637a16faea_DulwichHamletBadge.png.5f7ļ»æ

20180817182253_1.thumb.jpg.eb009d909d8b9331174c14c669e5b293.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Premier League: 85min, last game of the season, i loose 0-2 to Ipswish, and Sheff Utd draws 1-1 against Hull. At this point, im relegated. I look back my season, and im sad. A lot of injuries (i fired my head of sports science lol), bad calendar, many last minutes goals against us, last teams having more points than previous years.Ā And iĀ had to play the 2 last decisiveĀ games without my key player, called for word cup u20. All the way, it was complicated. Luckly, Hull scored in the last minutes. I end up just behind the gate of relegation.

Interesting first year. Relegation was closer than what i expected. The gap between Championship and PL is big level wise. Players are really fast. I had to adapt my defensive after poor results. I still end up worst defense with 88 goals conceded. A notable 9-1 against Arsenal at the emirate stadium. It was better at the end of the season, few regens grew. They took 1 first squadĀ and 2 substitutes spotĀ as CB :D

5th attack with 62 goals. My work aboutĀ free kicks payed out with only 7 goals conceded for 11 scored!

Cups: B squad got eliminated straight away in Carabao Cup. Bad draw in FA Cup, Arsenal not only eliminated me, but 3 days later they beat me 9-1 in PL! They are not kidding.

Squad: 2 players saved me this season: Smith04cĀ with a lot of key passes and Foley03eĀ with 24Ā goals and 9 assists. Foley even wins the Golden Boy. Notable progress: my new goalkeeper, McKeown04b good for PL with some potential. He still needs to improve, but he offers more regularity than the previous one.

I couldĀ mention my new CB, well hes worth League 2 with a small margin to progress...But hes my best CB lol. 3 youngs improved enough to be new subtsitutes in defense, and 1 in midfield. Im happy about that, it means i suceed with the last youth incomes to get more defenseurs.

Transfers: Several loans, and several release to come. At the end of the season, i will only 1 player remaining from the start (FaalĀ L2 player, 6goals in 13PL games) + a 2018 regen (L2 left FB who can do tutoring next year!). Allassinni my legendary striker will leave. He scored 177 goals and gave 54 assists in 234 games with an average of 7,34. Impressive performance for a VNL player who still was my best striker in Championship. The gap was too big in PL and scored once in 8 games. He wasnt able to find oppoturnities.Ā 

Facilities: Stadium completed !!! As soon it was finished, i required more places. 18.000 is not enough for PL! I canceled link with my afiliate for the training facilities. In PL, no more finance issues, money is raining. Debt is gone and i'm pushing everything. But my formation note is still 4, Last year and this year, the owners wanted to go 3. My note hasnt changed yet. Im worried, if its stay blocked at 4, this could ruin my save :'(

Youth 2024: Average year, with a player, i can already tell, will be my future CB: Collins07a

Aim: Avoid relegation, take less goals, and go further in Cups lol

Season Ā | Ā League Ā  | Pos. | Ā  Cup Ā  | Ā  Ā  CL Ā  Ā  Ā | Ā  Ā  EL Ā  Ā  Ā | Ā  Ā  Top scorer Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā | Ā Top assists Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  | Ā  Ā Top rating Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  | Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18 | Ā Isthmian | Ā n/aĀ | Ā  n/a  Ā | Ā  n/a Ā  Ā  Ā  | Ā  Ā  n/a Ā  Ā  | Ā  Ā n/aĀ Ā  Ā  Ā Ā            | Ā Ā  n/aĀ Ā  Ā            | Ā  n/aĀ  Ā                 | 
2018/19 |  VNLS     |  1   |   1st r |   3th q     |     n/a     |    Allassanni (30)      |    Koroma (12)       |   Koroma (7,68)         | Happy with the VNLS win
2019/20 |  VNL      |  6   |   1st r |   Final     |     n/a     |    Allassanni (31)      |    Clunis (14)       |   Faal (7,77)           | Promotion and great year
2020/21 |  League 2 |  3   |   3th r |   1st r     |     n/a     |    Allassanni (32)      |    Allassanni (12)   |   Faal (7,58)           | Promotion, good regens
2021/22 |  League 1 |  1   |   3th r |   1st r     |     n/a     |    Allassanni (34)      |Allassanni,O'Connor01a(11)|  Allassanni (7,54)  | The win baby ! 
2022/23 |  Champ.   |  18  |   5th r |   1st r     |     n/a     |    Allassanni (23)      |    Croft01b (9)      |   Allassanni (7,25)     | New stadium, 29m debt 
2023/24 |  Champ.   |  1   |   6th r |   2st r     |     n/a     |    Allassanni (24)      |    Walters03d (17)   |   Foley03e   (7,55)     | Finally, the Premier League!
2023/24 |  PL       |  16  |   3th r |   2st r     |     n/a     |    Foley03e (24)        |    Foley03e (9)      |   Foley03e   (7,30)     | Allassinni leaves :(

Season Ā | Ā Finances | Ā Coaching Ā  Ā | Ā Recruitment Ā  Ā  Ā | Training Fac. Ā | Youth Fac. Ā  Ā  Ā | Ā Stadium
2017/18 | Ā  ā‚¬35k Ā   |  Average    Ā |  Fairly Basic  Ā   | Basic  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  | Basic  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā   | Ā 3000
2018/19 |   ā‚¬179k   |  Excellent   |  Etablished       | Basic          | Basic           |  3000 => 4000
2019/20 |   ā‚¬1m     |  Excellent   |  Etablished       | Adequate       | Basic           |  4000 => 5750
2020/21 |   ā‚¬(244k) |  Exceptional |  Well Etablished  | Adequate       | Below Average   |  5750
2021/22 |   ā‚¬(384k) |  Exceptional |  Well Etablished  | Adequate       | Below Average   |  5750
ļ»æ2022/23 |   ā‚¬8,88m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Adequate       | Below Average   |  5750 => 18645
ļ»æ2023/24 |   ā‚¬(476k) |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Adequate       | Adequate        |  5750 => 18645
ļ»æ2024/25 |   ā‚¬117m   |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Basic          | Average         |  18645 => 24444

55027262.png

Sampedrense - 2031/32 Season Report

Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2 - Fixtures 3 -Ā Transfers

Transfers

The first summer I allowed myself to bring a few players in and we got all our business done early (I've been eyeing up players for a while!). Three positions of need, all with high potential and good personalities.Ā 

Christian Lezcano - Great backup for Rocha and Alexandre at CM and could be developed to DMC as well. Loads of versatility and a killer personality.

Mamadu Robalo - I've been looking at this guy with envy for years since he came through. Will be retrained to AML as an Inside Forward to partner our own winger Belo on the right.

Marcin Feciuch - Comes in for very little from Lech. I'd been scouting all smaller CL squads for a whileĀ in the hope of finding someone like him. Great-looking player and a position of real need.

League

image.thumb.png.c2df6fbfc3d5640e4d04235452fb6333.png

Smashed it again. With the unbeaten season over very early, we then went on a ridiculous run and had a few brilliant scorelines - 6-0 home against Porto is my favourite :D. Everyone was rested for the last 4 games after we'd had the league sewn up to focus on the Champions League and Taca. Leite started very slowly and then ran riot after November, which helped.

Cups

So close to a perfect end to the season. Lost the Super Cup, won the Club World Cup, won the Taca da Liga, but lost on penalties to Benfica in the final of the Taca da Portugal.

Europe

QSZKLoe.png

Another seriously good run and the comfort we had away from home shows just what a difference two solid players can make...!

Groups: Annoyed to draw three games, particularly the away game with Ajax, but we did everything else we needed to top the group. Not a vintage showing, but comfortable.

Barca:Ā Another typically crap draw. But, we went 2-0 up at the Camp Nou before being pegged back from set pieces. Still, a 2-2 draw was great, but we conceded first, before Nelson gave us the advantage again. A goal from Leite put us 2-1 up, before they levelled it up. Two more goals saw us get the result we deserved.

Bayern:Ā A year ago, this was where we fluked through against Atletico. Just shows how far we've come as we thumped Bayern home and away. The home leg could have been a massacre.Ā 

Liverpool: They aren't amazing, but Woodburn still plays and still manages to score against us literally every time. The 3-2 away win was great news, coming from 2-0 down after 10 minutes. At home, we repeated the trick of scoring bang on half time. Luck was slightly on our side as we got one goal in each leg from poor backpasses...

This brings up PSG in the final. Again. They are still utterly amazing and have the best striker in the game to boot. Sadly, there was no repeat this year, as we fell 2-0. It was very even for the first half, but we didn't take our chances and two goals in a minute from their striker - one, ironically, from a crap backpass - saw us defeated:

z379vqd.png

A3gaxc1.png

Ā 

Probably evens things out for last year - PSG are just better than us and our average centre back pairing just doesn't match up to their gods up front :(Ā 

Youth Intake

A simply brilliant looking intake at the top end. Very happy to have a few players to develop!

Mussa Semedo (YP14a) - We have no decent backup DM so this paves the way for us to let the rubbish guy go!Ā 

Andrei Timbur (YP14b) - Nice to get another good looking striker after a while since our last guy.

Antonio Rodrigues (YP14c) - We haven't actually ever had a decent left winger, so another very good fit

Facilities and Finances:

Re-upgrading the Youth Facilities, which have dropped off a touch. Should be done well in time for the intake :)Ā 

Rankings

Up to 10th in the world now!

---

Aims for next season.

• Win the CL

Progress:

Season Ā | Ā League   | Pos.             | Ā  Cup Ā   | Ā  Ā  CL Ā  Ā  Ā | Ā  Ā  EL Ā  Ā  Ā | Top scorer              | Top assists Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  | Top rating Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā         | Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19 | Prio      | 2nd - lost in QF | 3rd rdĀ   |   Ā  n/a Ā  Ā  | Ā  Ā  n/a Ā  Ā  | Mimba (30)       Ā       | Mimba (16) Ā         | Mimba (7.65)Ā  Ā              | Squad of 11...
2019/20 | Prio      | 1st - won league | 4th rdĀ   |   Ā  n/a Ā  Ā  | Ā  Ā  n/a Ā  Ā  | Mimba (35) Ā             | Mimba (22) Ā         | Mimba (7.70)Ā  Ā              | 
2020/21 | Liga Pro  | 7th              | 4th rdĀ   | Ā    n/a Ā  Ā  | Ā  Ā  n/a Ā  Ā  | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (32)| Mimba (20)       Ā   | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (7.69)  | Turned Professional
2021/22 | Liga Pro  | 1st - champions  | 4th rdĀ   | Ā    n/a Ā  Ā  | Ā  Ā  n/a Ā  Ā  | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (47)| Elton Abdul (21) Ā   | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (8.07)  | 
2022/23 | Liga NOS  | 10th             | 3rd rdĀ   | Ā    n/a Ā  Ā  | Ā  Ā  n/a Ā  Ā  | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (27)| Abdul/Barros (11) Ā  | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (7.37)  | Elton Abdul won European Golden Boy
2023/24 | Liga NOS  | 7th              | 6th rdĀ   | Ā    n/a Ā  Ā  | Ā  Ā  n/a Ā  Ā  | Jorge Barros(YP03a) (23)| Barros (11) Ā        | Jorge Barros(YP03a) (7.31)  | Made semi of Taca de Liga
2024/25 | Liga NOS  | 3rd              | 5th rdĀ   | Ā    n/a Ā  Ā  | Ā  Ā  n/a Ā  Ā  | Emanuel Leite YP06a (16)| Tavares (12)     Ā   | Michael Rocha (YP04a) (7.46)| Qualified for CL 3rd round
2025/26 | Liga NOS  | 2nd              | 6th rdĀ   | 3rd in group| Ā  last 16   | Emanuel Leite YP06a (30)| Leite (YP06a) (14)  | Michael Rocha (YP04a) (7.39)| Taca da Liga runners up
2026/27 | Liga NOS  | CHAMPIONS!       | 4th rdĀ   | 4th in group| Ā    n/a     | Emanuel Leite YP06a (29)| Martinho (16) Ā      | AndrĆ© Tabaio (7.55)         |
2027/28 | Liga NOS  | CHAMPIONS!       | Winners! |   Last 16   | Ā    n/a     | Emanuel Leite YP06a (66)| Tabaio (21)      Ā   | Emanuel Leite (YP06a) (8.18)| 
2028/29 | Liga NOS  | CHAMPIONS!       | 4th rd   |   Last 16   | Ā    n/a     | Emanuel Leite YP06a (44)| Rocha (YP04a) (22)  | Emanuel Leite (YP06a) (8.11)| 
2029/30 | Liga NOS  | 2nd              | Winners! |   Last 16   | Ā    n/a     | Emanuel Leite YP06a (47)| Leite (YP06a) (22)  | Emanuel Leite (YP06a) (7.96)|
2030/31 | Liga NOS  | CHAMPIONS!       | 6th rd   |   Winners!  | Ā  n/a       | Emanuel Leite YP06a (47)| Oliveira (YP07b)(22)| Emanuel Leite (YP06a) (7.82)|
2031/32 | Liga NOS  | CHAMPIONS!       | Runner up| Runner up   | Ā  n/a       | Emanuel Leite YP06a (47)| Oliveira (YP07b)(24)| Emanuel Leite (YP06a) (7.84)| Won Club World Cup

Season Ā | Ā Finances | Ā Coaching Ā  Ā | Ā Recruitment Ā  Ā  Ā | Training Fac.  Ā | Youth Fac.  Ā  Ā  Ā | Ā Stadium
2017/18 | Ā  Ā£96k Ā  Ā | Ā Average Ā  Ā  | Ā Basic Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā | Good Ā  Ā   Ā  Ā  Ā  | Good  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā | Ā 3000
2018/19 | Ā  Ā£480k Ā  | Ā Adequate Ā  Ā | Ā Fairly Basic Ā  Ā  | Good Ā   Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  | Good  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā | Ā 3000
2019/20 | Ā  Ā£256k Ā  | Ā Exceptional | Ā Well Established | Good Ā   Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  | Good Ā   Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā | Ā 3000
2020/21 | Ā  Ā£559k Ā  | Ā Exceptional | Ā Extensive        | Good  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  | Good Ā   Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā | Ā 3000
2021/22 | Ā -Ā£400k Ā  | Ā Exceptional | Ā Extensive        | Good  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  | Good Ā  Ā   Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā | Ā 4000 - seriously, Ā£1m for 1000 seats...?
2022/23 | Ā  Ā£2.6m Ā  | Ā Exceptional | Ā Extensive        | Good Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā   | Good Ā  Ā   Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā | Ā 5250
2023/24 | Ā  Ā£2.2m Ā  | Ā Exceptional | Ā Extensive        | GreatĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā   | Good Ā  Ā  Ā   Ā  Ā  Ā | Ā 5250 (planning a 16,898 stadium)
2024/25 | Ā  Ā£20.5mĀ  | Ā Exceptional | Ā Extensive        | GreatĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā   Ā  | Great            | Ā 5250 (building a 17,468 stadium)
2025/26 | Ā  Ā£32.5mĀ  | Ā Exceptional | Ā Extensive        | GreatĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā   Ā  | Great            | Ā 5250 (still building a 17,468 stadium)
2026/27 | Ā  Ā£41.5mĀ  | Ā Exceptional | Ā Extensive        | GreatĀ  Ā  Ā   Ā  Ā  | Great            | Ā 17468
2027/28 | Ā  Ā£43.6mĀ  | Ā Exceptional | Ā Extensive        | GreatĀ  Ā  Ā   Ā  Ā  | Great            | Ā 17468
2028/29 | Ā  Ā£50.6mĀ  | Ā Exceptional | Ā Extensive        | Excellent       | Superb           | Ā 17468 (expanding). No more debt.
2029/30 | Ā  Ā£57.7mĀ  | Ā Exceptional | Ā Extensive        | State of the Art| State of the Art | Ā 26202 
2030/31 | Ā  Ā£64.4mĀ  | Ā Exceptional | Ā Extensive        | State of the Art| State of the Art | Ā 26202 (expanding to 32,656)
2031/32 | Ā  Ā£54.4mĀ  | Ā Exceptional | Ā Extensive        | State of the Art| Superb           | Ā 30697 (expanding to 32,656)

And then in this close season, all hell breaks loose... This is what happens when I finally let myself go after 12 years without touching the transfer budget!

Transfers

Kind of all fell like dominos. There are no good CBs out there, but we had one at Milan who had a 40% sell on fee. So we bought him for a knockdown price (Ā£94m ->Ā Ā£55m or so) and great to bring back one of our own!

Michael Freixo (YP05a) - should be a rock at the back where we so desperately needed one. We had to stall the transfer a bit to raise funds, so off went Rafael Garcia (YP12a) to Milan. AML was a position of strength and he was both behind Robalo and also near maxed out on his potential. I thought that was our business done. Oh, no...

Then, Marcos Alexandre (YP08b) started throwing his toys out of the pram and influencing lots of others, so we sold him to Real and brought in little 'Belgian Iniesta' Bijnens to eventually replace him. Marcos had hit his potential and I've never found him amazing - I'll be stunned if he starts at Real. I thought all was set and then Atletico started chasing Nelson Oliveira (YP07b). After a month of haggling, we got to a record fee. To replace him, we'll start our classy young winger Daniel Belo more (but he also has his heart set on Real). We then triggered the release fee of this awesome little Mexican fella - Angel Trujillo - who could replace Leite if he ever went, or play as the Inside Forward that Oliveira was.

---

The core of the side is still very much youth products and we've got a great crop coming through - just nice to add the depth that we have never, ever had. Sorry to tease you all with buying players!

Edit: no idea what's up with the formatting - needed to copy a pound sign and it's all gone wrong!

Season 1 review - Le Mans

With my first season attempting this challenge, we were given no chance by the bookies, fans or board of managing anything other than a relegation battle. A threadbare squad, and minimal youth prospects meant a daunting first attempt at the challenge.Ā 

However, it all started very nicely. A good, unbeaten pre season led to some promising early results. We stayed fairly consistent for most of the season, with only a couple of minor blips. Defending seemed to be our main problem, often conceding late goals to drop points, which was infuriating. But still, we continued to pick up points and keep ourselves in the hunt for the top 3.Ā 

Come the final game of the season, following a strong late charge, we had somehow managed to reel in runaway leaders, Red Star, and the title was up for grabs, if we could only win our last match... we couldnā€™t. We defended like school boys and lost 5-3, finishing second at the last hurdle.Ā 

Second equals PROMOTION! as much as I really did want the title, I canā€™t be unhappy with my 450/1 outsiders getting promoted to Ligue 2 at the first time of asking.Ā 

Season Review

My star men were the front 3. All performed immensely and their profiles are linked below:

Crehin

Schur

Tangatchy

Financially we are in a bit of a mess, with the club losing money rapidly. This was slightly eased by the prize money of 500k for finishing second. I did however pay out 250k of that to the players.Ā Finances

Other pieces of interest

The board agreed to pay for 2 coaching courses for me.

They also agreed to rather a lot of my requests, maybe because I always timed my asking to coincide with good runs of form! We have upgraded the youth recruitment multiple times, junior coaching twice andĀ number of coaches from 3 to 7.Ā Club info

They agreed to turn professional at the end of season 1. This was important so I can have the youngsters training full time and developing quicker/better.

I had my contract extended TWICE during season 1.

Youth Prospects

A youth intake considered to be a class of their generation (or whatever the wording is), I was slightly disappointed in the players I received as on paper there are no standout, amazing talents. The one I will highlight is because of his season 1 stats in the U19s.Ā Aubert

Finally, just to prove no transfers, other than the one done before I arrived and the one pre arranged before I arrived.Ā Transfers

My expectations next season are:

1. try not to be embarrassed every week by the oppositionĀ 
  2. try to give the youngsters some game time to aid their development

Ā 

5 minutes ago, BuryBlade said:

Thanks! The season preview has me at 1/5 to be relegated!! It could be a tough campaign.

Pretty standard for them to under-rate you. I've only been favourites for the Portuguese Premier League in the last two seasons, post-CL success...

Dulwich Hamlet Season 8Ā 2025/2026Ā !

582637a16faea_DulwichHamletBadge.png.5f7ļ»æ

Ā 

Ā 

Premier League: A decent season, less complicated than last year. The team suffered in december/january, we played 18 games in 2 months. After some good results, we lost many games in a row and end up in a relegation spot. With some rest, the team was able to feel the joy of winning again. I got 3 wins in a row for the first time in PL, and i got my first win against a top 6 team (3-1 vs Arsenal!) The top 6 is so dominant, in 9 seasons, only 2 other teams managed to reach the top 6(Everton this year, and West Ham in 2020). I realize now this may take a while before i reach champions league. PL reputation is so high, with teams full of wonderfull players. And it looks like the league reputation is still growing.

I changed my tactic from 424 to 4231. Less goals oppotunities and goals, but also less goals conceded. 55 goals scored (12th) 67 conceded (14th)Ā 

Cups: A run in Carabao Cup with my B team. Several unexpected wins, and a disapointing loss in semi final. It was duringĀ my loosing streak.

Squad: Walters03dĀ did an other solid season with 11 goals. Overall no players really shined this season. Some notable progress were done: Needham03cĀ became my best player. I have a defense new look with some promising youngsters: Collins07a, McCabe06d, Barlow05b. No doubt the first 2 players are my future CB. I hope they will reach PL level. My last player remaining from the start, and second legendary striker,Ā FaalĀ is leaving at the end of the season. 189 games, 92 goals, 42 assists, 7,33 average. He was the key to this quick VNS => PL run. Unfortunately, he doesnt fit in my new tactic and i wasnt able to give him a lot of time on the field. A regen from the first season simulated is still in the club as LB substitute. He will probably leaveĀ next season.

Transfers: I sold a LB for 200k, he was hopeless. Many loans and even more to come.

Facilities: I finally was able to improve my youth level to 2. It seems like you cant do it when you share training facilities with your afiliate. This looks like a bug to me. 9000 places Stadium Extension construction work has started. It will be done around April of the incoming season. My stadium will have 28k seats. I will play in Fulham stadium until its done.

Youth2025: A bad year, my best young is Hallahan08a. The day after the youth intake, i fired my head of youth development.Ā 

Aim: i would like a top 10, but 11-12th would be ok :DĀ I dont even know if its interesting to make a run in cups. At the end, Man U. wins everything lol.Ā The PL will beĀ my MAIN focus.Ā 

2024/25 |  PL       |  17  |   3th r |   2st r     |     n/a     |    Foley03e (24)        |    Foley03e (9)      |   Foley03e   (7,30)     | Allassinni leaves :(
2025/26 |  PL       |  15  |   4th r |   Semi-final|     n/a     |    Foley03e (20)        |    O'Connor02a (11)  |   Foley03e   (7,23)     | Faal leaves :(

2024/25 |   ā‚¬117m   |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Basic          | Average         |  18645 
ļ»æ2025/26 |   ā‚¬163m   |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Below average  | Good            |  18645 => 27967

Archived