FM18 Youth Academy Challenge

55027262.png

Sampedrense - 2026/27 Season Report

Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2 - SquadTransfers

League

league.thumb.png.ddf6f22349ae4aa929b7d232802fe166.png

Well this was a pleasant surprise. The league was always going to be the first thing to come but I did think we were a season away yet after the loss of our main CB Freixo the summer before the season with no really brilliant replacement in place. As you can see from the fixtures though, we started off like a train and then just pounded away after Christmas (the last two games of the season were dead rubbers with 8 of my first teamers at the annoyingly-timed Toulon tournament, which seems to take place every year...). Most pleasing was our improved performances against the 'big four', with an 11 goal turnaround in our home match against Sporting compared to last year :)

Cups

Both underperformances that I just wasn't fussed about - it totally helped to reduce the pressure on the squad and the fitness benefits really showed.

Europe

Screwed over with what has to be one of the hardest draws I have ever had (Sevilla won the Europa League last season and their striker Ruiz is one of the world's very best). We never really stood a chance, but would have made Europa again had we held onto a draw against Sevilla, which we were about 5 minutes away from doing. Shame, but not the end of the world as it definitely helped in the league.

Transfers

Freixo was a big loss, but the squad players definitely stepped up in his absence. In annoying news, Elton Abdul (YP02a) - our star, star player from five seasons back - is about to be released on a free by Milan, having never played a game for them. So frustrating (and there goes our 25% of next sale).

Pretty much every one of our big players has asked to leave about 10 times this season, but all are happy for now. More on that in a bit.

Youth Intake

intake.thumb.png.3c1b4491d32f6564f7fc45c5ae42eecb.png

My game continues to throw me very little but strikers or goalkeepers, it seems! 

Luis Moita (YP09a) - so, he's utter class - unfortunately just in my last position of need. Could see me accept a high offer for current number one Ferraz if it were to come in.

Joao Agostinho (YP09b) - we really needed a defender and his base stats look decent enough

Best players:

Duarte Ferraz (YP06a) - our current star goalie

Emanuel Leite (YP06b) - what an intake that was! Our star striker and still improving. Lots of clubs interested, so I wonder whether this is the summer. He's under contract until 2030 though so there's no rush.

Michael Rocha (YP04a) - still our best CM and arguably most important player. I think he's reached his potential now as stats have stopped growing, but he's comfortably good enough for us!

Nelson Oliveira (YP07b) - one of the reasons why I might let Leite go if there were a big bid. We aren't solid enough with two striker formations and he could use more game time as he has the potential to be as good as Leite.

Spoiler

agostinho.thumb.png.a32713574a02d2b0530208dce1f3987d.png

moita.thumb.png.7b20468660f84e9ea64c44b5f50b1b39.png

ferraz.thumb.png.1a4d058c7f025a7657497644cafaf69e.png

leite.thumb.png.5dd3ff2bc327d0a17f9cb6f3e3848b78.png

rocha.thumb.png.ced81dcd65f0008ed73710090edc7006.png

nelson.thumb.png.20df811e6e8c3f584e83da5a39b66b21.png

Facilities:

New stadium is finally here! Should see the income steadily rise and get the reputation building. Otherwise, youth and training facility upgrades should be done by November and I've really invested in the U19 coaches to get as many professionals in as possible. Speaking of reputation - we're up to fourth in Portugal :) 

image.thumb.png.783861591d2691c1776821456fcfbd4f.png

---

Aims for next season.

• Progress to a knockout stage in Europe.

Progress:

Season  |  League   | Pos.             |   Cup   |     CL      |     EL      | Top scorer              | Top assists        | Top rating                  | Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19 | Prio      | 2nd - lost in QF | 3rd rd  |   n/a       |     n/a     | Mimba (30)              | Mimba (16)         | Mimba (7.65)                | Squad of 11...
2019/20 | Prio      | 1st - won league | 4th rd  |   n/a       |     n/a     | Mimba (35)              | Mimba (22)         | Mimba (7.70)                | 
2020/21 | Liga Pro  | 7th              | 4th rd  |   n/a       |     n/a     | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (32)| Mimba (20)         | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (7.69)  | Turned Professional
2021/22 | Liga Pro  | 1st - champions  | 4th rd  |   n/a       |     n/a     | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (47)| Elton Abdul (21)   | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (8.07)  | 
2022/23 | Liga NOS  | 10th             | 3rd rd  |   n/a       |     n/a     | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (27)| Abdul/Barros (11)  | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (7.37)  | Elton Abdul won European Golden Boy
2023/24 | Liga NOS  | 7th              | 6th rd  |   n/a       |     n/a     | Jorge Barros(YP03a) (23)| Barros (11)        | Jorge Barros(YP03a) (7.31)  | Made semi of Taca de Liga
2024/25 | Liga NOS  | 3rd              | 5th rd  |   n/a       |     n/a     | Emanuel Leite YP06a (16)| Tavares (12)       | Michael Rocha (YP04a) (7.46)| Qualified for CL 3rd round
2025/26 | Liga NOS  | 2nd              | 6th rd  | 3rd in group|   last 16   | Emanuel Leite YP06a (30)| Leite (14)         | Michael Rocha (YP04a) (7.39)| Taca da Liga runners up
2026/27 | Liga NOS  | CHAMPIONS!       | 4th rd  | 4th in group|     n/a     | Emanuel Leite YP06a (29)| Martinho (16)      | André Tabaio (7.55)         | 

Season  |  Finances |  Coaching    |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18 |   £96k    |  Average     |  Basic            | Good           | Good            |  3000
2018/19 |   £480k   |  Adequate    |  Fairly Basic     | Good           | Good            |  3000
2019/20 |   £256k   |  Exceptional |  Well Established | Good           | Good            |  3000
2020/21 |   £559k   |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Good           | Good            |  3000
2021/22 |  -£400k   |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Good           | Good            |  4000 - seriously, £1m for 1000 seats...?
2022/23 |   £2.6m   |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Good           | Good            |  5250
2023/24 |   £2.2m   |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Great          | Good            |  5250 (planning a 16,898 stadium)
2024/25 |   £20.5m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Great          | Great           |  5250 (building a 17,468 stadium)
2025/26 |   £32.5m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Great          | Great           |  5250 (still building a 17,468 stadium)
2026/27 |   £41.5m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Great          | Great           |  17468

Spoiler

squad.thumb.png.4eb84a1ac3db5f95d46898ad916daa14.png

transfers.thumb.png.ae818cac0de4263f72d4bdbab7bc6c30.png

fix1.thumb.png.a8020a15fc47b875ca78f0a3b947bd76.png

fix2.thumb.png.ca21913bb8c7742781d213f896491367.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@b101 What a season, you're doing great! It's a shame Elton Abdul will be a free player now. You not being able to get him back to the club must hurt... :D 

a1apcbb1kfy.png

Cove Rangers - 2019/20 (S2) - Ladbrokes League One (4th tier): 1st
Petrofac Training Cup - League Cup - William Hill Cup
Team | Transfers

Transfers: Ofcourse no incoming ones, but we did release four of our players. Among them Liam Shewan who didn’t manage to get a new deal, quite remarkable since he was last years fans’ player of the season. Some hard decisions to make, but we need to make sure our youngsters get as much game time as they can. 

Season: After our first season I expected the League One to be more challenging, but the boys did an amazing job and just impressed everyone. We won the league, again, and it actually was not as hard as it was last year. We began at high speed with an excellent Selfridge who exceeded every little expectation I had concerning him, he scored more than 20 goals over the season!  His physical stats look like a 50yo who retired from football years ago, but he did what he had to do: score. The big man of our success is still Megginson tho. In the Pre-season he (again) insisted to move to bigger club, captain Masson persuaded him to stay agaist all my hopes. In November he tried to force a move yet again, but no way in hell he was leaving our precious club. Now, at the end of the season, he just recently signed new deal which will keep him at the club for two more years. Megginson, you're a real pain in the *ss but as my star player you won't leave! 

We also had a magnificent cup year, with a great financial input thanks to the three different cups and some quality games. The best performance was obviously the Petrofac Training Cup, which we somehow managed to win... I have to admit we didn't really draw the best teams, although we beat Northern Irish Portadown & Championship club Greenock Morton. In the finals, we drew Hibernians under 20 squad and won in extra time with a penalty. It was our 16 year old left back O'Donnell who took his responsibility at a young age and scored his first goal ever for the club in the huge game! 

Youth Intake: With the satisfying first intake, I was real happy to see this maybe even better one. During the mid-season we upgraded our Junior Coaching Budget to adequate, the facilities cost too much to invest in regarding our fairly poor finances.  It seems to have had quite an impact, we contracted seven new prospects:

• Sam Maclean - DR - Finally a right back, we now have a back-up for Hutchinson. I believe he can become a quality player for the club and will definitely compete with Hutchinson. Looking forward to see him improve!
  • Jason Hamilton - DL - Hamilton will be back-up for O'Donnell next season, since O'Donnell developed himself as one of the best players at the club Hamilton will have all the time of the world to improve. 
  • Alex Walker - DC - Gifted central defender, he looks good! Played a few games and I think he'll be a key player in no time. Has poor mental stats, hoping to change them but we don't have any good tutors so hoping for the best.
  • Stephen Milne - GK - Another talented goalie, he seems to be quite decent. Might even give him a chance in the first team next year, but our first keeper is real consistent for now.
  • David McManus - ML - Left winger, one I wanted for a while now. He'll get his chance in the upcoming season. 
  • Chris Burnett - MR - Needs to be retrained since I play in a 442, for now he won't really be of any use. Could become a good player.
  • Gavin Cook - ST - This guy is our future! Quality striker, he jumed right in the first team and how... In six games, he scored twice and got 8 assists... Just wow!

Overview

Season    League    Position    Petrofac Training Cup       League Cup         William Hill Cup     Balance   Achievements/Notes     Top Scorer
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19    L2        1st            Qtr Final           Group stages (3rd)        3rd round          57K         Masson POTY          Megginson (21) 
2019/20    L1        1st             Winners            Group stages (3rd)        4th round          120K          U20 team            Megginson (24)

@Armeniar - thanks! It was a surprise and I would be impressed if we managed it again in the next couple of years as it was all so dependent on dropping out of other competitions. Elton is sadly now nowhere near my side's quality, which is such a shame as he would have been had he stayed. Just makes me never want to sell one of my players until they are particularly well developed just to avoid that.

As for your save, great to see you nailing it this early with the two successive promotions and that intake is class in terms of the depth it gives you. Makes life so much easier to get a good striker early on as well. Will be interested to see if you can make it three from three!

Good news is that we are top seeds for the Champions League, so the group should be more manageable than last year. Forgot to mention that Benfica helped our coefficient last year by making the final with a 1-0 loss to Chelsea seeing them denied.

Drum roll...

clgroup.thumb.png.827c5cb2052ba5a63e2ec8c1772c05f8.png

Early doors, but I can certainly see a 3rd place finish, if not top two. Key will be doing well against Galatasaray and getting points from our home fixtures. In terms of their previous performances in this save and top players:

Monaco - semi finalists twice (lost to Real and Chelsea). Best players: Gabriel Jesus, Pietro Pellegri, Thomas Lemar, Guedes, lots of others... Decent squad but not at the level of PSG, Juve, Inter or Bayern that we've faced in the last few years

Dortmund - quarter finalists twice, but frequently head out in the group stages. Best players: Nico Bauer (possibly the best regen striker in game), Renato Sanches, Christian Pulisic. Good news is they have a slow centre back pairing.

Galatasaray - never made it out of the groups and only made the group phase of CL twice. Best players: Andreas Pereira, Richairo Zivkovic, Marcelo Moreno. We can take them.

Couple of interesting developments in my save prior to the  2024 / 25 season........

dc0f33bcb0cb344f152486267af9cb68.png

2413648decaf18d0b31a6932dd7f1f22.png

Obviously had to turn down the job offer, but that wage.........My current wage at Achilles is £1.2k per week :( 

@Jambo98 - haha, I've had similar with a £66k offer to take on France and a £48k one for Portugal. Would have loved the France one as well :(. Great news with the stadium though - it makes such a difference when it arrives!

---

But, big news in my save:

image.thumb.png.af34f1a47ecfe9a60a6f7c12a85a0d6e.png

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!! I could literally lose every single game for the rest of the season now and it'd still be a success.

Also, possibly the biggest ever wage increase I've seen - £140 p/w to £83,000 p/w is a 59000% increase... He's having a stunning season as well:

image.thumb.png.f98d5090f71c46121d9cf4af4800586c.png

This save just gets better and better. The very next game after Leite signed the contract extension had us playing Galatasaray at home. 

Dortmund - 11 points
Monaco - 10 points
Sampedrense - 7 points
Galatasaray - 0 points

Due to the competition rules, we needed to win and Monaco to lose - the differential (which had sent us out in the first year in the CL) is head-to-head record. We do our bit, with Leite celebrating a new contract like mad:

gala.thumb.png.3ea1eebb303563417a789d9627d1e05a.png

The whole of the second half had me glued to the updates screen, hoping desperately for Dortmund to score away to Monaco. After 68 minutes, they took the lead through their star striker Bauer. And nothing else happened - we're into the Knockout stages!

Edit: Ah...

image.thumb.png.d03562e81e367b898a283d807e011aca.png

Youth Challenge - Achilles '29 

1bd41c2f024beadf906527ee240ae31c.png

Season 6(2024/25) - Eredivisie -6th Place 

Final Table  Past Positions Playoff Semi Playoff Final   Transfers

Season Summary

Well, that was unexpected! Some real huge progress from us! Basically, we were carried on the back of YP03a, Gorter, who is insanely good.  For once, we started well before hitting a mini lull. Then we really picked it up from about November and charged up the league, only slipping slightly when Gorter missed 3 weeks through injury. Towards the end of the season, it was very tight to get into 6th / 7th and the all important Euro Playoffs. Going into the final game, i could finish anywhere from 6th to 10th! Luckily we produced a win and sneaked into P6 and playoffs it was.

In the Semi's, we drew NAC and a strong first leg was enough to see us squeak though. The final was a mismatch really, drawing us against mighty Feynoord. We drew the first leg 2 v 2 away from home to give us a chance in the home leg. The home leg, was just insane. We smashed them 6 freaking nil! Europa League here we come! 

Cup we made it all the way to Semi again, but were matched against Ajaz who were just too good for us. 

The big news off the pitch, is our new stadium!  Its putting us well in the hock to the bank, and oddly our prize money is massively down, despite a much better season in the league and cups. 

Youth Watch

YP01a - Jeffrey Visser - Sold to AC Milan for £6m at start of season 5

YP01b - Lars Ten Berge - Our midfield general really steped up, more goals and assist and all round bossing games for us. 

YP02a - Koen Bicentini -  Sold to Man City for £4.2m at start of season 5 

YP02b - Sander Schmidt - A great season, and out performing his attributes really, has not grown much but if he keeps playing like this, i wont complain 

YP03a - Kevin Gorter -  What can i say about his season. Insane. Top scorer in the division by more than 15 goals. Clearly going to be at City / PSG soon but for now i am lucky to have him carrying my team 

YP03b - Boyd Lelieveld - B team fodder at this point, looks like he may never make the grade. 

YP04a - Jovi Huiskamp-  Moved back to his natural position of DM this year and rotated in fairly regularly. Was sharing time with really our only original decent player left, and might well take over full time now from him 

YP04b - Edwin Dijkman  - Also rotated with an untagged youth who banged them in early season, but as things wore on Dijkman found his form and started to take over. Was also a playoff hero. 

YP05a - Willem de Man -  Was our first choice LB, but actually disapointed me a bit with his performances for much of the season. Hoping for more next year

YP05b - Grant Fuller -  Actually ended up getting a run of first team games as my first 2 keepers both got injured :( Needs much more development though if he is ever to make it. 

Youth Intake 

Class of 2025-  Our intakes are now consistently good, which reflects our maxed out YRN / coaching so happy to get a couple more first team talents, including a crucial position. 

YP06a - Art de Beer -  Finally a centre half! and named "beer" - Already our best DC and right into the first team he goes.  

YP06b - Stan Memic  We already have about 3 good but not great AML players, and he looks like he might be another, but high determination so lets see what happens. 

449bca1f6e023717eb45ba3899203825.png

A quick update with big news. We made it to the Champions League group stages. What a run:

20180803141436_1.jpg

We were still under siege particularly against Celtic, but the big difference compared to other years was the tremendously good performances and many goals from Pat Warwick:

20180803141334_1.jpg

Against GNK Dinamo he helped in killing the tie before the away game. We must enjoy him while it lasts, because it is only a matter of time before bigger clubs come calling.

As a side note, the Champions League Group stage just gave us approximately £ 11 million. Fantastic. 

Great progress there @andershs and hope that Warwick stays hot for you - have you had lots of interest in him yet? Shakhtar vary massively save to save, so you could definitely take points off them if they've sold all their good players and not really replaced them. Fingers crossed!

@Jambo98 - yet more good progress with Achilles and that youth intake is quality. There are definitely players there that would be straight in my first team! Not jealous at all...

11 minutes ago, b101 said:

@Jambo98 - yet more good progress with Achilles and that youth intake is quality. There are definitely players there that would be straight in my first team! Not jealous at all...

If those guys (except De Beer) would get into your team, you are doing some amazing things tactically to be winning the league and beating huge teams! :D They are really below average players for the bottom of the dutch top division. I think i have maybe 4 players good enough now for like top 5 sides (de Man, de Beer, Ten Berge and Gorter) and one who looks good enough for any team in the world (Gorter). The rest of my team is made up of guys who might have potential but really are second division level. Makes it tough to be consistent 

10 minutes ago, Jambo98 said:

If those guys (except De Beer) would get into your team, you are doing some amazing things tactically to be winning the league and beating huge teams! :D They are really below average players for the bottom of the dutch top division. I think i have maybe 4 players good enough now for like top 5 sides (de Man, de Beer, Ten Berge and Gorter) and one who looks good enough for any team in the world (Gorter). The rest of my team is made up of guys who might have potential but really are second division level. Makes it tough to be consistent 

Ha, more pays testament to the ridiculous side I have, with five world-beaters, a few squad men and some utterly atrocious players :D. In the league, I can get by just playing very direct and getting the ball quickly to Leite, Rocha and Oliveira, but we get easily beaten by better sides in the CL. I reckon De Beer would start for me, de Man would be there or thereabouts, Gorter wouldn't start but I'd change the formation so he would and I'd pop Memic in just for the experience. Ten Berge good rotation material. 

For comparison, these are my problem spots. This is why sides like Real destroy us...

Right wing - Tabaio. Plays surprisingly well (16 goals, 21 assists last season) but so, so average.

tabaio.thumb.png.c71cd80070446ea570193166d7231e48.png

Left wing - Santos or Antunes. Santos is by far the better player on paper, but plays abysmally. I'm going to try to play him more next season and see if he gets it, if not, he'll be shipped off.

santos.thumb.png.91bf1ea43aaaceb42fdd8722fdb51c77.png

antunes.thumb.png.ecbe4620406f20a40e2f0d469d3f229f.png

Centre backs - Freitas, Agostinho, Figueiredo. All very, very average. At least Agostinho has 3/4* potential, but the other two are at their peak. 

agostinho.thumb.png.34297699e399a3991c3ff6aa54c27203.png

freitas.thumb.png.3fcca3f63f115b43336ef5b31403a92e.png

fig.thumb.png.9ddead613fe13a48a05a3242a96949ae.png

Left back - Ribeiro. By far the least of these worries, but he's nothing special and pretty much fully developed.

ribeiro.thumb.png.89dda9666eec0feff70c8d315519e3ee.png

55027262.png

Sampedrense - 2027/28 Season Report

Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2 - Fixtures 3  - Transfers

League

table.thumb.png.b3f097950a457346ed0d53233fc834d6.png

This was actually more comfortable than it looked, as we had a 5 point lead heading into the last game (away at Porto, with that stupid youth tournament taking 9 players out, so I just rested nearly everyone). It really is just us and Benfica now as Porto and Sporting drop points all over the place. Our home record was unbelievably good (P17, W16, D1) with the lone draw a 1-1 with Pacos when they scored in the 94th minute and that really set the tone for the season. We hit the front early and never looked back. Also pleasing given that there was a far busier set of fixtures on other fronts this year.

Cups

Made it to both finals and won one, lost one. The Taca de Liga continues to elude me, in spite of making a second final in two years and we just can't get over the line. The Taca de Portugal (FA Cup equivalent) was a much better story though - we knocked out Porto and Sporting and had the final to come against Leiria, who are a very up and down side. We got the brilliant version and Leite had his only shocker of the year, missing a penalty and a hatful of chances. We went 2-1 down and I chanced my arm, going to three up top in a never-before-tried formation. It worked. Just.

taca.thumb.png.3ecaa20108cb278af153e232c7730640.png

Europe

Another really tough draw, but we made it through at the expense of Monaco (woohoo). I've gone through the results in different posts, but the real stunner was the home win over Monaco that allowed us to go through by virtue of the head-to-head, meaning we didn't need the benefit of the massive thumping we handed Galatasaray. That led to a tie with Real Madrid. We weren't that great at home and they took advantage. The 3-0 loss in the Bernabeu was just phenomenally harsh as we had the better of the game. Sadly, an own goal from each of our centre backs and a 30 yarder sent us home with nothing. Progress though!

group.thumb.png.cfc3ba55d237dc96e23e94d00cdfa8f9.png

Youth Intake

intake.thumb.png.0661cc7fd1646cc5f512c3aae509f0d6.png

This is so meh and doesn't address any of our needs.

Pedro Cordeiro (YP10a) - a good looking player, but we don't really need much of an upgrade at RB. If only he played LB instead...

Paulo Ferreira (YP10b) - I don't expect him to make it as he's so damn slow, but I just really need a centre back to come through. Feel like I'm forcing this one.

Best player:

Leite's season is just too good to be hidden in a link. He is so, so good and just destroys teams in this league. Won a host of awards, including the European Golden Boy, which is a real 'who's who' of Sampedrense legends!

leite.thumb.png.47a1864abbc1b9fd5c339fac3f65b557.png

goldenboy.thumb.png.ce27770f63ca6cd04d48b937fd85db35.png

Spoiler

cordeiro.thumb.png.93771bbb5698e0b39608cd5f81e53fdd.png

ferreira.thumb.png.43e1102494f6f05cd4a01fb36fe23980.png

Facilities and Finances:

We are due an upgrade to Training and Youth facilities, which should be done by October. We could really use it to keep pushing the players on. Financially, we're in a good place and starting to rake in the cash from our growing reputation, which is nice!

finances.thumb.png.ffb49fbef0bf21687b8dde244116a6ad.png

---

Aims for next season.

• Get through to CL knockouts again.

Progress:

Season  |  League   | Pos.             |   Cup   |     CL      |     EL      | Top scorer              | Top assists        | Top rating                  | Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19 | Prio      | 2nd - lost in QF | 3rd rd  |     n/a     |     n/a     | Mimba (30)              | Mimba (16)         | Mimba (7.65)                | Squad of 11...
2019/20 | Prio      | 1st - won league | 4th rd  |     n/a     |     n/a     | Mimba (35)              | Mimba (22)         | Mimba (7.70)                | 
2020/21 | Liga Pro  | 7th              | 4th rd  |     n/a     |     n/a     | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (32)| Mimba (20)         | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (7.69)  | Turned Professional
2021/22 | Liga Pro  | 1st - champions  | 4th rd  |     n/a     |     n/a     | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (47)| Elton Abdul (21)   | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (8.07)  | 
2022/23 | Liga NOS  | 10th             | 3rd rd  |     n/a     |     n/a     | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (27)| Abdul/Barros (11)  | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (7.37)  | Elton Abdul won European Golden Boy
2023/24 | Liga NOS  | 7th              | 6th rd  |     n/a     |     n/a     | Jorge Barros(YP03a) (23)| Barros (11)        | Jorge Barros(YP03a) (7.31)  | Made semi of Taca de Liga
2024/25 | Liga NOS  | 3rd              | 5th rd  |     n/a     |     n/a     | Emanuel Leite YP06a (16)| Tavares (12)       | Michael Rocha (YP04a) (7.46)| Qualified for CL 3rd round
2025/26 | Liga NOS  | 2nd              | 6th rd  | 3rd in group|   last 16   | Emanuel Leite YP06a (30)| Leite (14)         | Michael Rocha (YP04a) (7.39)| Taca da Liga runners up
2026/27 | Liga NOS  | CHAMPIONS!       | 4th rd  | 4th in group|     n/a     | Emanuel Leite YP06a (29)| Martinho (16)      | André Tabaio (7.55)         |
2027/28 | Liga NOS  | CHAMPIONS!       | Winners!|   Last 16   |     n/a     | Emanuel Leite YP06a (66)| Tabaio (21)        | Emanuel Leite (YP06a) (8.18)| 

Season  |  Finances |  Coaching    |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18 |   £96k    |  Average     |  Basic            | Good           | Good            |  3000
2018/19 |   £480k   |  Adequate    |  Fairly Basic     | Good           | Good            |  3000
2019/20 |   £256k   |  Exceptional |  Well Established | Good           | Good            |  3000
2020/21 |   £559k   |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Good           | Good            |  3000
2021/22 |  -£400k   |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Good           | Good            |  4000 - seriously, £1m for 1000 seats...?
2022/23 |   £2.6m   |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Good           | Good            |  5250
2023/24 |   £2.2m   |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Great          | Good            |  5250 (planning a 16,898 stadium)
2024/25 |   £20.5m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Great          | Great           |  5250 (building a 17,468 stadium)
2025/26 |   £32.5m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Great          | Great           |  5250 (still building a 17,468 stadium)
2026/27 |   £41.5m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Great          | Great           |  17468
2027/28 |   £43.6m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Great          | Great           |  17468

Spoiler

fix1.thumb.png.68b015729d214fb728f54e0fe1824605.png

fix2.thumb.png.3c850c690e5cbd55496cfd3e1a4173be.png

fix3.thumb.png.746852e4448b220e72ae7b211d2d8406.png

transfers.thumb.png.61d511511d40e2c770973a9b95665cab.png

On 01/08/2018 at 23:12, Jambo98 said:

Obviously had to turn down the job offer, but that wage.........My current wage at Achilles is £1.2k per week :( 

I raise you! :D

image.thumb.png.0d53073fa1362c8e622826bca9fb9510.png

---

And a strong start to the new season for Leite

image.thumb.png.d2d2174ff5fc14bf2ec99dbf7c61fca2.png

Dulwich Hamlet Season 4 2021/2022 !

582637a16faea_DulwichHamletBadge.png.5f7

20180803155130_1.thumb.jpg.b8ca212e8e43fac26c638ab97db0bdda.jpg

6 teams could win the League1 with only 4 games left. Funny enough, none of those teams were announced above the 15th place.

20180803162857_1.thumb.jpg.b68ffa2bfc866c42452d22250abf0128.jpg

3 wins in the first 3 games secured the 1st place. We did it !!

League 1: I was confident at the start of the season. Good odds (500:1) and regens improving fast. After a decent start (10/3/3), we spent only 2 weeks outside the podium. Best attack, 17th defense.

Cups: Sent my B team, as usual. A decent run in FA Cup allowed us to play a Premier League team at Home.

Squad: You can see my first team, and the most used players. Allassanni is described as a VNL player, but he still managed to score 34 goals in 35(1) L1 appearances. Best player of the year. He beats his own record with the most goal over a season. My best player and only player good enough for L1 is O'connor. Hes announced good enough for Championship with a premier league potential. He has really high regularity, but his height 1.m58 doesnt fit in my tactic. I havent found a way to make him shine so far :( He has a 2 year contract and refuses to sign a new one. If i can play the promotion next season, i will keep him, otherwise i will let him go. 

Transfers: I released several players, sold 2 for free, and some loans for youngsters. From the starting squad, only 10 left + 2 regens 2018. 3 or 4 of them will leave in the next days. I may have trouble to find players for tutorat now :P

Facilities: No money, no change.

Youth 2022: Good enough, i still lack a good central defender. 2 GK with potentials. A total of 5 GK with potential in 4 seasons lol. @b101 

Next season will be rough. The gap between my players and the opponents start to be really big. Play Championship with a VNL-L2 team is challenging, but im afraid i will not be able to aim promotion this time!

Season  |  League   | Pos. |   Cup   |     CL      |     EL      |     Top scorer          |  Top assists         |    Top rating           | Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18 |  Isthmian |  n/a |   n/a   |   n/a       |     n/a     |    n/a                  |    n/a               |   n/a                   | 
2018/19 |  VNLS     |  1   |   1st r |   3th q     |     n/a     |    Allassanni (30)      |    Koroma (12)       |   Koroma (7,68)         | Happy with the VNLS win
2019/20 |  VNL      |  6   |   1st r |   Final     |     n/a     |    Allassanni (31)      |    Clunis (14)       |   Faal (7,77)           | Promotion and great year
2020/21 |  League 2 |  3   |   3th r |   1st r     |     n/a     |    Allassanni (32)      |    Allassanni (12)   |   Faal (7,58)           | Promotion, good regens
2021/22 |  League 1 |  1   |   3th r |   1st r     |     n/a     |    Allassanni (34)      |Allassanni,O'Connor(11)|  Allassanni (7,54)     | The win baby ! 

2017/18 |   €35k    |  Average     |  Fairly Basic     | Basic          | Basic           |  3000
2018/19 |   €179k   |  Excellent   |  Etablished       | Basic          | Basic           |  3000 => 4000
2019/20 |   €1m     |  Excellent   |  Etablished       | Adequate       | Basic           |  4000 => 5750
2020/21 |   €(244k) |  Exceptional |  Well Etablished  | Adequate       | Below Average   |  5750
2021/22 |   €(384k) |  Exceptional |  Well Etablished  | Adequate       | Below Average   |  5750

Well, few days later in the game, a player describe as L2 now is presented as good enough for championship. This give me headache. Given the upgrade in appreciation of my players, may be the incoming the season could be sucessfull :D

Hello everyone, I'm going to start my challenge at SK Austria Klagenfurt in the Austrian 2. Liga. It is my home country and I'm excited about the new league system we got this season.

I chose newly promoted Klagenfurt because they already have a nice big stadium and good youth facilities. It is a solid base to start this challenge. Wish me luck! Cheers!

6 minutes ago, JWVG said:

Hello everyone, I'm going to start my challenge at SK Austria Klagenfurt in the Austrian 2. Liga. It is my home country and I'm excited about the new league system we got this season.

I chose newly promoted Klagenfurt because they already have a nice big stadium and good youth facilities. It is a solid base to start this challenge. Wish me luck! Cheers!

Welcome to the challenge! You'll love and hate it :D

@Jambo98: Congratulations on your strong season and good regens.

@SpS_Zen: Well done on gaining promotion to the Championship.

@b101: Congratulations on the portuguese championship. Looking good.

Regarding getting destroyed by Real Madrid that just happened to us at Ards Rangers as well. A complete thrashing. Real scored two within the first four minutes and were 5-0 up after thirty minutes. After an hour, my young right back fresh off the bench decided to get a direct red card. So all in all 6-0 was ok and probably expected. They were just classes better than us.

But there is some work to do:)

vor 7 Minuten schrieb b101:

Welcome to the challenge! You'll love and hate it :D

Thanks, I tried a couple times the last years. Always gave me high blood pressure! But now I take a more relaxed approach! :D

24 minutes ago, andershs said:

Regarding getting destroyed by Real Madrid that just happened to us at Ards Rangers as well. A complete thrashing. Real scored two within the first four minutes and were 5-0 up after thirty minutes. After an hour, my young right back fresh off the bench decided to get a direct red card. So all in all 6-0 was ok and probably expected. They were just classes better than us.

But there is some work to do:)

Yeah. Their players are pretty good there! To be honest, PSG and Bayern were tougher for me than Real. Still just don't see us getting beyond First Knockout Round for a number of years without a really lucky draw. I could not stomach what you're doing with Ards, you are properly mental :D 

@JWVG - at least you're prepared! Austria is a great and interesting choice; look forward to seeing how you get on.

1 hour ago, Armeniar said:

dwo2h8ub5h.png

It's been quite a season so far... Last 8 games we couldn't even win, even scoring 5 goals in a single game. However we'll probably stay up, the main goal for our first Championship year.

Love a good 5-5! Keep going, it does get easier :)

Ugh...

image.thumb.png.03d419a75b3461ac3e9f6f63a89e4aa7.png

We top the CL group with amazing performances to beat Liverpool 3-1 at home, Inter 4-0 at home and grab a 0-0 draw at Anfield with backs to the wall defending and a hero's display from Ferraz. Surely, surely FM is about to give us a half decent draw for the knockout stages now that we are 'seeded'.

Classic FM:

image.thumb.png.eddaf2bbb4ab29d31551cc8ea7d029ff.png

---

In fairness, the only really 'good' ties would have been Leverkusen or Spurs, with Milan and Atletico next tier, but still!

Season 7(2025/26) - Eredivisie - 4th Place 

Final Table  Past Positions Playoff Results  Europa Results   Transfers

Season Summary

Another really solid season in the league. Initially we struggled to adapt a bit to the rigour of European football, with all the extra fixtures and our lack of squad depth being a poor mix, but we soon kicked on and for once had a pretty good run with injuries, meaning our strongest side played a lot of games. Finishing above the mighty Ajax is amazing, although P4 still meant the Euro playoffs, where ironically it was Ajax we beat in the final to clinch Europa League for the second year in a row 

In the cup, we had an easy run to the quarter finals, but i had to field a team of reserves as it fell at a crucial juncture in league / europe so Hereenveen put us out.

Europe for the first time and we really beat my expectations. Cruised through the qualifying, then out of a group which granted was not the strongest out there but still what a first attempt. We got by Lech in the first knockout, before our countrymen at Ajax ended up being just too good for us in the second knockout round (After a rather insane 5 v 5 draw in the first leg no less!) 

We moved into our new stadium ahead of next season which should give us a nice boost as well

Youth Watch

YP01b - Lars Ten Berge - Another solid season from our oldest tagged youth and he also signed a new deal, including the wonderful "optional extension" clause meaning we control him for a good few years. He looks like he might be slowing down in development, so maybe he wont need a move away and can become our long term stalwart 

YP02b - Sander Schmidt - Despite his modest looking attributes, he absolutely tore it up on the wing. 17 goals and 28 assists!  Another who signed a new deal and is tied down for 4 more years

YP03a - Kevin Gorter -  53 goals and 28 assists! Involved in over 80 goals in a season is a little crazy. He is still on the contract i signed him to not long after he came through (i activated the 3 year "optional extension" of course!) so is not even close to our highest earner, and has no interest in renewing. We turned down £19m for him ,gotta think at some point someone comes in and puts in a bid so high the board will accept :(

YP03b - Boyd Lelieveld - No where near the first team, and a real candidate to be released soon. Cant get em all right. 

YP04a - Jovi Huiskamp-  Took over as first choice DM alongside YP01b and they formed a great partnership. Really consistent guy - great to have in the engineroom 

YP04b - Edwin Dijkman  - Took the lionshare of playing time alongside Gorter up top, and although he could not keep up with the main man in scoring terms, still was plenty useful as a striker partner!

YP05a - Willem de Man -   Our clear first choice at LB and improved his performances a good bit this year. Hoping he still has more development but my coaches are split on his potential so will see

YP05b - Grant Fuller -    Was first choice most of the season and did ok but his attributes are so poor for our level - we unsurprisingly concede loads in general! 

YP06a - Art de Beer -  Our defensive rock, and has developed mega quick which has to bode well. 

YP06b - Stan Memic    Played the full season in our B team, because the 2 guys we had at AML both had great seasons. Need to make a decision on him for next year 

Youth Intake 

Class of 2026 -  Potential star ratings dropping now, a reflection probably that our existing squad is getting better. However, we get a really high CA stars keeper and a couple of useful bits, even if the position spread is not ideal. 

YP07a - Stem Potjes-  With all this talk of lots of good keepers.......this guy will be my first choice right away. 

YP07b - Marco Janssen -  2 very similar looking strikers, but I liked his name better so........

dbcbfea3b685f5501dc95786e6920696.png

@Jambo98 - great season there! Love the ratings and goals you're managing to get out of Schmidt (and Gorter of course). With Gorter, you're doing well to get £19m bids. Highest I ever got for my best players when they were valued similarly was £12m for Barros. Still seems the AI just feels they can get players on the cheap from Portugal, which Benfica and Porto don't help by massively underselling their top players. Congratulations for finally getting a keeper in the intake as well :)

On the subject of keeper conveyor belts (@SpS_Zen), Chelsea have just poached mine - again - after meeting his release clause. Shame, as he's been utter class this season, but he was barely interested in re-signing and his agent was a pain in the arse, trying to lower his release clause and insisting on lots of promises. I reckon I could have talked him round in the summer, but hard to be that annoyed with this much money. He's already played one more game than my previous goalie that I sent to them and he's only been there two days!

ferrazsale.thumb.png.5fad1f69885729353273a78375824156.png

ferraz.thumb.png.924a603a23538d3518495ddfe592c1ca.png

Time for the next man up, who I think could end up better - Luis Moita:

moita.thumb.png.5ded3cd18af64b51383b8c9da011449e.png

a1apcbb1kfy.png

Cove Rangers - 2020/21 (S3) - Ladbrokes Scottish Championship: 6th
Petrofac Training Cup - League Cup - William Hill Cup
Team | Transfers (2)

Transfers: Had to make some hard decisions here letting a few of my original players go, the one thing I dislike the most about this challenge. I always get this kind of connection with them, but it's for the best that our young players get as much gametime as they can. Selfridge had a magnificent season last year and scored 21 goals, tough... Central defender Cook even retired after leaving us at the age of 22, what a shame.

I also sold our goalkeeper Kinnear, he had two more than decent years at the club but I decided to sell him to English L1 side Plymouth because of our other two talented youth prospects. Kinnear only played one game at Plymouth so far, he even came off the bench in that particular fixture...  At the end of the season I can't say I'm that happy with the outcome of selling him, because I had hoped either Docherty or Milne would stand up and become our new number one. They both didn't, I rotated during the whole season between the two of them and still haven't figured out who it will be next year.

Season: As I previously mentioned it hasn't been easy this season, but all things considered we did a good job. Never really had any trouble in the league, never ended up being in the relegation zone, but that might be more due to Stranraer & (to me the most surprising since they are one of the few Scottish sides I know) Inverness' poor season.  As an incredibly young squad, we weren't ready to start the season and needed some time to adapt. We finished 6th which I'm very happy about, but there's quite a gap with the top 4 so there's still much improvement needed if we want to get to the Premiership. My goal is promotion in at most 3 years, but for next year I'm already kinda hoping to play the promotion finals. I feel like some of the guys were significantly better at the end of the season, so we might surprise with a bit of luck. It will be really hard to keep our star player and left back O'Donnell tho with some good teams taking a look at him. Being capped at u19 level, he's also our first international.

The best news is that we've got ourselves a new top goalscorer. Megginson's still really important to us, almost not missing any games and with 16 assists & 17 goals, but it's the new kid Cooke who is showing the Scottish football what he's worth. I already predicted he'd become vital for us after his good start at the end of last season with 8 assists, but I didn't think he'd be this good at his age. He scored 27 goals for the club and was the big man in our solid season.

Youth IntakeSigned 6 this time, with Murray as my personal favourite. We could use a gifted midfielder! Also like the looks of Gray, left footed CB with a great personality.

Overview

Season    League    Position    Petrofac Training Cup       League Cup         William Hill Cup     Balance   Achievements/Notes     Top Scorer
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19    L2        1st            Qtr Final           Group stages (3rd)        3rd round          57K         Masson POTY          Megginson (21) 
2019/20    L1        1st             Winners            Group stages (3rd)        4th round          120K          U20 team           Megginson (24)
2020/21    CH        6th            2nd Round               2nd Round             5th round          290K     U19 International       Cooke (27)

:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

A bit of a pre-emptive one ahead of the end of season round up (spoiler, we didn't make it past PSG), but I had the news item of dreams. 

intake1.thumb.png.d5297efc9e98cbe91304b981f8b80141.png

AND he plays in a position of need - wooooopa! Stats need some work, but here's hoping he has potential to burn. 

belo.thumb.png.e0ef6fb84fe60dc6bdc62aeca09d802b.png

Second spoiler, the other 5* player is abysmal :D 

55027262.png

Sampedrense - 2028/29 Season Report

Fixtures and Transfers

Spoiler

fix1.thumb.png.fc1671ab31f97106c815bd20c300ef46.png

fix2.thumb.png.e7e32840b137aca29277c1b19728e1fe.png

fix3.thumb.png.465d61be7ae5c985ca984015d6e6bb3a.png

transfers.thumb.png.b68f9715ba1e3d58a5e746b015495fd3.png

League

table.thumb.png.ff2120f58ebafc4c81d655ae881e20ee.png

We absolutely blitzed the league this year and had an amazing record against the other big sides, winning both ties against each of Sporting, Porto and Benfica. There were a couple of weird performances where we just couldn't score and the oppo seemed to put every shot into the back of the net, but this was really comfortable compared to previous years. It does help that Benfica have now sold all of their amazing talent and I'd say we probably have the two best players in the league in Leite and Rocha. Sporting crumble against a lot of weaker sides, whilst Porto have an ageing squad. 

Cups

Bleugh. A really poor showing in both, losing with half decent sides out to teams we really should have beaten. Annoying as I wasn't trying to throw them at all.

Europe

image.thumb.png.54f3dc0bd894c37d3b76a5f59c0a390b.png

Another really tough draw, but we ended up topping the group after some amazing performances against Inter and Liverpool. Sadly, PSG were way too good and would go on to lift the trophy. We played out of our skins but are totally lacking that strong defensive counter tactic against the biggest sides. Might just be because our defence is just a bit average...

Youth Intake

intake.thumb.png.dc9ebc2625a0b8997083287d395bf903.png

Dreadful intake with one gem :D . Genuinely only signed four of these players and I only expect Belo to ever make a game day squad.

Daniel Belo (YP11a) - classy looking right winger who will eventually have pace to burn as well.

belo.thumb.png.27c444c3e5b48e8b28821665de9f8e66.png

Facilities and Finances:

Finally got our long overdue upgrade to Training and Youth facilities, which had been delayed forever due to the new stadium being built (no idea why they couldn't have built them at the same time as the stadium, but there we go. After the Ferraz sale, I went and upgraded both again as well as expanding the stadium, with lots of cash left over. Pretty good deal, all told. 

youth.thumb.png.768f46edd0c076cca2d3900fe003c639.png

training.thumb.png.e0da1d1b755fe76e0ebe06166711e0d3.png

stadium.thumb.png.0c5454b9bca45626e88522ef6b58ea17.png

---

Aims for next season.

• Keep working on CL...

Progress:

2018/19 | Prio      | 2nd - lost in QF | 3rd rd  |     n/a     |     n/a     | Mimba (30)              | Mimba (16)         | Mimba (7.65)                | Squad of 11...
2019/20 | Prio      | 1st - won league | 4th rd  |     n/a     |     n/a     | Mimba (35)              | Mimba (22)         | Mimba (7.70)                | 
2020/21 | Liga Pro  | 7th              | 4th rd  |     n/a     |     n/a     | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (32)| Mimba (20)         | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (7.69)  | Turned Professional
2021/22 | Liga Pro  | 1st - champions  | 4th rd  |     n/a     |     n/a     | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (47)| Elton Abdul (21)   | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (8.07)  | 
2022/23 | Liga NOS  | 10th             | 3rd rd  |     n/a     |     n/a     | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (27)| Abdul/Barros (11)  | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (7.37)  | Elton Abdul won European Golden Boy
2023/24 | Liga NOS  | 7th              | 6th rd  |     n/a     |     n/a     | Jorge Barros(YP03a) (23)| Barros (11)        | Jorge Barros(YP03a) (7.31)  | Made semi of Taca de Liga
2024/25 | Liga NOS  | 3rd              | 5th rd  |     n/a     |     n/a     | Emanuel Leite YP06a (16)| Tavares (12)       | Michael Rocha (YP04a) (7.46)| Qualified for CL 3rd round
2027/28 | Liga NOS  | CHAMPIONS!       | Winners!|   Last 16   |     n/a     | Emanuel Leite YP06a (66)| Tabaio (21)        | Emanuel Leite (YP06a) (8.18)| 
2028/29 | Liga NOS  | CHAMPIONS!       | 4th rd  |   Last 16   |     n/a     | Emanuel Leite YP06a (44)| Rocha (YP04a) (22) | Emanuel Leite (YP06a) (8.11)| 

2027/28 |   £43.6m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Great          | Great           |  17468
2028/29 |   £50.6m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Excellent      | Superb          |  17468 (expanding). No more debt.

So, this is currently really irritating me. At least there's a few years left to run, but potentially game-breaking if I keep losing players like this. It happened with Elton Abdul, Jorge Barros, keeper Ferraz (although at least I managed to get that release clause up eventually), but it's stupid and unrealistic:

Hello guys, I decided to restart the challenge in a different country. So this time it is Llanelli Town in Wales.

They had a full Squad, which was the reason I took them. But only one really stand out player who is ready for

Premier League football, James Loveridge. And all players on amateur contracts, so first thing to do is to

give them part-time contracts. They have fairly basic facilities. Media prediction is to finish on last place.

I waited to complete the 1st season before I decided to post something. So here it is, the 1st season review.

Season 1 Review  - Llanelli Town - Wales

We had a very confident start to the 2018/19 season, beating Cefn Druids 4-0 in the Welsh League cup. We continued

with 4 consecutive League wins. Then we had our first and worst slump of the season, 8 games without a win and

5 consecutive losses in October. We ended the slump with an impressive 4-0 win against Cwmbran Celtic in the Welsh Cup.

We finished the regular season in the bottom half, so we played in the Playoff Conference after the split. We had a very

good end of the season and finished 1st in our group, making it to the Euro Place Playoff Final, which we lost narrowly

against Bala Town. Given our Media prediction and our poor squad without any transfers, I'm very happy with the season.

Our top scorer was Sam Wade, with 24 goals in 38 matches. Most assists came from our best player, James Loveridge, who

will be missed next season. We had a pretty good youth intake, with one standout player in Iestyn Price, who instantly became

the best midfielder in our squad and made his debut with 15 years of age against Newtown in March.

*I'm not a natural english speaker, please forgive me any mistakes and bad writing.

**What's wrong with the spaces between my lines? I don't get it!

Season 8(2026/27) - Eredivisie - 1st Place 

Final Table  Past Positions   Europa Results   Transfers

Season Summary

Well we did it! For the first time in this challenge, i have made it as far as winning our domestic league. We really kicked on after showing promise the last 2 years. We started a little inconsistent but put together a brilliant midseason run, not even knocked by losing our long standing midfield star in Jan against my wishes, and we continued to show consistency as Ajax faltered. In the end it did go to the very last game, but we had it all in our hands. League Champions  :D:D 

The cup this year we sacraficed by playing all backups, going out in round 3 to Utrecht, but well worth it

Europe was another great success. We cruised into and through the group, overcame 2 sets of Dutch oposition on route to the semi final, where unfortunately Arsenal were too good (And both legs fell either side of a potential league decided against Ajax, so i had to prioritise the league). 

A great first season in our new stadium :) Financially we are in rude health. The sale pre-season of an AML to Liverpool was my choice, to free up playing time for Memic. I didnt want Ten Berge to go, and was pretty odd that the board accepted the bid when they allow me to turn down far more for Gorter, but it didnt impact us too badly

I had the same odd delay to my latest youth / training upgrades, seems they cant coexist with stadium work, so those wont kick in until October. 

Youth Watch

YP01b - Lars Ten Berge - Sold to Vitesse  for £9m mid season 8 

YP02b - Sander Schmidt - Seems harsh after his brilliant year last year, but another untagged AMR prospect has developed even better and forced him into a timeshare, although he remained a great option for us. 

YP03a - Kevin Gorter -  Another insane season, matching his goal tally exactly from last year, and adding 2 more assists. He really should be at a bigger club but no one is bidding more than about £17m and the board are letting me reject it. Is starting to edge nearer the end of his long term deal he signed in his first year (3 years plus optional 3 year extension) and has no interest in talking about a new deal of course :( 

YP03b - Boyd Lelieveld - Released at the start of season 8

YP04a - Jovi Huiskamp-  Stepped up after we lost Ten Berge to be our main man in midfield, hopefully we can hold on to him. Maybe not as rounded as Ten Berge but still a good asset. 

YP04b - Edwin Dijkman- Played alongside Gorter and whilst didnt quite match him, saw a huge upturn in his goal return. Great stuff. 

YP05a - Willem de Man -   Feel like he is not developing as fast as i would like, but still a good LB to have at this level. Made the dutch squad at one point without being capped. 

YP05b - Grant Fuller -    Destined to never be more than backup now that Potjes is around, 

YP06a - Art de Beer -  Another solid season by our first choice DC. Doesnt blow anyone away with his ability but such a step up from what i had before him. 

YP06b - Stan Memic  -   Sold one of well performing AML's to get him into the first team squad and rotated him in a fair bit. Good start to his first team career without being spectacular

YP07a - Stem Potjes-   First choice keeper all season and for his age, he really was solid. Made a big difference to our defensive record, despite the fact we play a very attacking style

YP07b - Marco Janssen -  Played almost exlusively for the B team as we are so well stacked up top, but has shown excellent development 

Youth Intake 

Class of 2027 -  Not our best intake, but our top potential stars guy being Scottish is a nice twist :) 

YP08a - Fraser O'Donnell - Our first Scottish Regen :D Looks to have potential but some way to go before he is first team ready. 

YP08b - Moussa Odij -  Has a job to get anywhere near the first team with how deep we are in ST but i always like to tag 2 so.........

ac0dc80c84fcee33e29ec7e83655268e.png

Great season @Jambo98! Congrats on the league title (first of many, I'm sure) and that intake looks good to me :) . Shame it's getting close to decision time with Gorter though... Have any of the others you've sold gone on to anything?

Season 2 Review - Llanelli Town - Wales

With a media prediction 10th, our job once again was to survive. We had a tough start of the 19/20 campaign, losing our first to matches. We were inconsistent until late December, where we had our strongest phase, a 7 game unbeaten run with 6 wins. Thanks to that we finished top half, so we played the 2nd half of the season in the Championship group. This group was very tough, we only managed 2 wins and 2 draws out of 10 games. In the Euro Places Playoff we reached the final, losing on penalties after giving up a 4-1 lead. We finished 5th in the table, which was beyond my expectations. A lot of our youth players from last intake made the jump into the first team, top scorer was 17 year old Colin Hughes with 20 goals in 22 matches. Departure from our star player in summer left a big void on the right flank, which was filled superbly by youngster Jeff Davis with 10 goals and 10 assists in 26 matches. Youth intake wasn't as good as last years, but players like Ben Parry, Luke Jones and Steven James look good enough for the future. We made no transfer business, but lost our star player to league dominator TNS for free. I convinced the board to some upgrades in coaching and recruitment, but because of our finances I wasn't able to get new facilities.

7 hours ago, b101 said:

Great season @Jambo98! Congrats on the league title (first of many, I'm sure) and that intake looks good to me :) . Shame it's getting close to decision time with Gorter though... Have any of the others you've sold gone on to anything?

Yeah i did a quick check on a few at the end of that season..... interesting mix.

Koen Bicentini -  Sold to Man City for £4.2m at start of 2023/24 season - As usual at City, he has been loaned out and played very little 

b06824ee6a49b5f411b55975c443efd0.png91f5a9acb4e96feb2fa3ab57f8904183.png

Jeffrey Visser - Sold to Milan for £6m at the start of the 2023/24 season - Another who was loaned out and hardly played, and annoyingly now is released and on a Free :(

c02bf5b08fefa26962b3bebd8720f53d.pngfa91f2df75bb06d5439a394f31ff1c41.png

Sander De Jong - Release by me at end of 2025/26 season - Noticed this one by accident. I released him as i felt he was not developing into anything good enough for me and was down the depth chart, but quite surprisingly Ajax picked him up! Only to put him in the B team for a year then also release him :D 

7d495ed448b76d209cce7d9238c30ee7.png5343ea52aa1dd85a7bd62ccdce81645f.png

55027262.png

Sampedrense - 2029/30 Season Report

Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2 - Transfers

League

We weren't as good as last year, but Benfica were utterly unreal, smashing it from January on in. Just have a look at this:

Benfica's run of form...

Yeah... I've also decided that I'm going to adapt the tactic now as I haven't changed it since we lost Elton Abdul about 7 seasons ago - it was too direct and didn't really fit our newer players as best it could have done. I started with that just after the CL exit, so the last few months of results were with the updated version, which is looking promising. More on that shortly. I'm not massively disappointed with the way the league finished - we took it to the final day and just needed Benfica to draw any one of their fixtures on the run in. Sadly, a couple of late goals, most notably their 93rd minute winner over Porto is what did it for them. 

Cups

Won the Taca de Portugal deservedly but again we were just edged out in the Taca de Liga semi final to Benfica. Again. I just cannot win that trophy.

Europe

kN4zCQP.png

I'm starting to feel like Mexico must feel. We are good enough to beat the big sides in the groups, but just can't do it when it really counts. Chelsea were better than those scorelines suggest and whilst we missed a fair number of chances, they were clearly the better side. What we really need is a solid tactic for the big sides away from home where we get, at worst, a 1 goal loss. Thing is, better sides can just destroy our crap defenders one on one where we are so lacking in quality, so it may still be a few years :( 

Youth Intake

Two really good looking players and yet another keeper who I refuse to tag.

Rafael Garcia (YP12a) - A really good right winger who comes through one year after we finally got a really good right winger. Retraining to AML as an Inside Forward - he's two footed, so hopefully that helps.

Mauro Morais (YP12b) - Another good looking CB prospect and it gives me some hope for three/four years time once they start developing.

Facilities and Finances:

Stadium upgrade done. Facilities maxed out. Good news :D 

Youth Player update (as inspired by @Jambo98) - all players past and present who weren't utterly awful and then released. Because nobody wants to see a £350 valued unattached CM :D 

Joao Carneiro (YP01a). A nice reminder of where we came from with our first intake! Left the club four years ago and had a good season with Marinhense. Can't believe he played for us in the Prem for four years...

Elton Abdul (YP02a). Milan have a lot to answer for. Left for them for £5m in 2023 and never played a game for them as they farmed him out to three middling Portuguese clubs on loan, before releasing him. Picked up by Hoffenheim and seems to be a backup for them. Could have been so much more with us :( 

Jorge Barros (YP03a). Bought by Watford for £12m after the board accepted a bid, he's done far better than I thought he would. We have a 40% profit clause, so I'm hoping someone buys him!

Michael Rocha (YP04a). Club icon who is still with us and the heartbeat of our side at CM. Just signed a new deal as well and I can see him staying for life.

Paulo Santos (YP04b). Sold to Chelsea for £7.5m as we had Ferraz coming through. Never played for them and then sold for a massive loss to Swansea. Classic Chelsea.

Miguel Freixo (YP05a). The one that got away... How we need a CB like him now. Also a 40% sell on, so here's hoping Madrid or PSG come in for him soon.

José Antonio (YP05b). Our holding mid who will never be outstanding but is utterly reliable. 

Duarte Ferraz (YP06a). Chelsea stole another one of our keepers and Ferraz is (annoyingly) very, very good. The £39m release clause was our biggest ever sale by some way.

Emanuel Leite (YP06b). The best player we have ever produced and then some. He is our team.

Ricardo Ferreira (YP06c). I'm close to untagging him - he's been out on loan as he just hasn't ever really developed.

Vitor Albino (YP07a). Porto have shown interest, but I think he's hit his potential so will now be a solid squad player as Cordeiro develops at RB.

Nelson Oliveira (YP07b). Now retrained as an Inside Forward as he wasn't getting past Leite and we aren't defensively strong enough to play two up top. Did well last season, but I still think there's more to come.

Rodrigo Santos (YP08a). Retrained as our Left Inside Forward. Has games where he's great and games where he goes utterly missing. One of our weaker players.

Marcos Alexandre (YP08b). He's had a lot of big clubs in for him, but I can't really see why as those technical stats aren't amazing. He's our CM alongside Rocha.

Luis Moita (YP09a). Our current star goalie - let's see how long Chelsea let us have him for...

Joao Agostinho (YP09b). Starting for us at CB. He's not great, but the best we have.

Pedro Cordeiro (YP10a). Now our best right back and lots of room to improve still.

Paulo Ferreira (YP10b). He will start getting game time this season as we look for him to make the leap. Probably will ultimately end up a squad man.

Daniel Belo (YP11a). He came up with some big goals off the bench and starts in some of the matches against smaller sides. Still very excited about him.

---

Aims for next season.

• Keep working on CL and blooding the CBs
  • Develop the tactic for big sides away from home.

Progress:

2025/26 | Liga NOS  | 2nd              | 6th rd  | 3rd in group|   last 16   | Emanuel Leite YP06a (30)| Leite (YP06a) (14) | Michael Rocha (YP04a) (7.39)| Taca da Liga runners up
2028/29 | Liga NOS  | CHAMPIONS!       | 4th rd  |   Last 16   |     n/a     | Emanuel Leite YP06a (44)| Rocha (YP04a) (22) | Emanuel Leite (YP06a) (8.11)| 
2029/30 | Liga NOS  | 2nd              | Winners!|   Last 16   |     n/a     | Emanuel Leite YP06a (47)| Leite (YP06a) (22) | Emanuel Leite (YP06a) (7.96)| 

Season  |  Finances |  Coaching    |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.   | Youth Fac.       |  Stadium
2017/18 |   £96k    |  Average     |  Basic            | Good            | Good             |  3000
2018/19 |   £480k   |  Adequate    |  Fairly Basic     | Good            | Good             |  3000
2019/20 |   £256k   |  Exceptional |  Well Established | Good            | Good             |  3000
2020/21 |   £559k   |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Good            | Good             |  3000
2021/22 |  -£400k   |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Good            | Good             |  4000 - seriously, £1m for 1000 seats...?
2022/23 |   £2.6m   |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Good            | Good             |  5250
2023/24 |   £2.2m   |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Great           | Good             |  5250 (planning a 16,898 stadium)
2024/25 |   £20.5m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Great           | Great            |  5250 (building a 17,468 stadium)
2025/26 |   £32.5m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Great           | Great            |  5250 (still building a 17,468 stadium)
2026/27 |   £41.5m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Great           | Great            |  17468
2027/28 |   £43.6m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Great           | Great            |  17468
2028/29 |   £50.6m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Excellent       | Superb           |  17468 (expanding). No more debt.
2029/30 |   £57.7m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | State of the Art| State of the Art |  26202 

Oh, and forgot to add what is 100% the best news:

KUq40tb.png

Massive contract, but who cares? It's not as if we're close to our wage budget and hopefully stops the clubs who are interested in him (Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Real, Barca, Atletico, Bayern, Milan, Juventus) from putting in a bid. Literally every big club minus PSG!

Dulwich Hamlet Season 5 2022/2023 !

582637a16faea_DulwichHamletBadge.png.5f7

A rough season. We started with a VNL/L2 team. The gap was just too big to aim a new promotion. We fighted all season to avoid relegation.

Championship: I suffered during the whole season. Our VNL defense couldnt handle this level. 23th defense with an average of 2 goals conceded by game. It was slightly better in attack, but with the second highest amount of chances created, you expect better than a 12th place at goals scored. There are more variety in opposite formations, and you feel the opponent teams adapt to your weakness. Overall, the regens improved a lot during the season. Next year, my first squad will look more like a L1/Champ team. 

Cups: I tried a run in a FA Cup with my first team. Unfortunaly, the draw were bad with one of the strongest Champ. team: Aston Villa , followed with Arsenal. Despite a strong game with my first team, we got knock out.

Squad: Several players improved a lot and are now good enough for the Championship. No players really shined this year. Some important changes are coming, new tactics to include the regens, and im trying to consolidate this defense. Im going to try to play with a miedfield and a right winger as CB. They are small, bad at heading and average at tackling. Thats not ideal, but i didnt got a single decent CB since the start of the save, so im going to change the young staff and hope to have at least 1 promising CB. 4 players from the start are still there + 2 regens.

Transfers:  I finally sold O'Connor01a, my best player, an inside forward. I never was able to make him shine. He was decent in the team but i expect more than 2 goals, 5 assists from my best player (6,97). Also, he didnt want to sign a new contract. I planned to do it during the winter, but the club was not doing great in Championship. I prefered to keep him 6 more months to secure my spot. I was able to sell him for a good amount, with an interest of the resell. A loan in L2 for a decent GK, i might release him tho. I have 3 other promising GK lol. A VNL loan for Dunn to my affiliate. And a VNS loan for a player i will release.

20180809122645_1.thumb.jpg.c531d6bf70fc4a0ff5aa2ee6e354411b.jpg

Facilities: You have a lot of money in Championship. A lot of improvement this year, the main one being:

20180808164345_1.thumb.jpg.223fa00e6af3cf62f0fc600c2a50ea41.jpg

Im also improving youth facilities.

I dont like the fact you cant anticipate the amount of money you gonna get. The finances projections are ********. We should receive messages at the start of the season, and reminders, saying around how much money you gonna get and when rather than let us have the surprise when it happens. Its my first save in england, and every year i dont know what to expect given there is no reliable informations about it ingame. I will probably do a post about it in suggestions. 

Youth 2023: An intake similar to my season, rough. 2 decent strikers, and a right wingback. 

Season  |  League   | Pos. |   Cup   |     CL      |     EL      |     Top scorer          |  Top assists         |    Top rating           | Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18 |  Isthmian |  n/a |   n/a   |   n/a       |     n/a     |    n/a                  |    n/a               |   n/a                   | 
2018/19 |  VNLS     |  1   |   1st r |   3th q     |     n/a     |    Allassanni (30)      |    Koroma (12)       |   Koroma (7,68)         | Happy with the VNLS win
2019/20 |  VNL      |  6   |   1st r |   Final     |     n/a     |    Allassanni (31)      |    Clunis (14)       |   Faal (7,77)           | Promotion and great year
2020/21 |  League 2 |  3   |   3th r |   1st r     |     n/a     |    Allassanni (32)      |    Allassanni (12)   |   Faal (7,58)           | Promotion, good regens
2021/22 |  League 1 |  1   |   3th r |   1st r     |     n/a     |    Allassanni (34)      |Allassanni,O'Connor(11)|  Allassanni (7,54)     | The win baby ! 
2022/23 |  Champ.   |  18  |   5th r |   1st r     |     n/a     |    Allassanni (23)      |    Croft (9)         |   Allassanni (7,25)     | New stadium, 29m debt 

2017/18 |   €35k    |  Average     |  Fairly Basic     | Basic          | Basic           |  3000
2018/19 |   €179k   |  Excellent   |  Etablished       | Basic          | Basic           |  3000 => 4000
2019/20 |   €1m     |  Excellent   |  Etablished       | Adequate       | Basic           |  4000 => 5750
2020/21 |   €(244k) |  Exceptional |  Well Etablished  | Adequate       | Below Average   |  5750
2021/22 |   €(384k) |  Exceptional |  Well Etablished  | Adequate       | Below Average   |  5750
2022/23 |   €8,88m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Adequate       | Below Average   |  5750 => 18645

5 minutes ago, SpS_Zen said:

I dont like the fact you cant anticipate the amount of money you gonna get. The finances projections are ********. We should receive messages at the start of the season, and reminders, saying around how much money you gonna get and when rather than let us have the surprise when it happens.

First off, staying up is fantastic news - well done! Secondly, couldn't agree more with this. Mine don't incorporate CL group stage money, which is huge (£12m per season) and they definitely could project.

3 minutes ago, JWVG said:

I have a question: Is it possible to block the international call ups completly? Half of my team gets called up and I constantly miss the message in the inbox!

Now I am missing 6 first teamers...

You can withdraw if it's friendlies, but not for anything else - I had 7 missing for the cup final due to the sodding Toulon Tournament :(

Archived