FM18 Youth Academy Challenge

30 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Feel free to add your posts here if you want mate, I've got no issues with it. If you complete the challenge I've got no problems adding you to a hall of fame and just saying it's on 17. 

I appreciate it Darren!  I'm going to be involved with both a Youth save and a Ultimate save, and I always follow your saves in both, so I really appreciate it!   

It is definitely good to be back playing!  

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, jaysdailydose said:

I appreciate it Darren!  I'm going to be involved with both a Youth save and a Ultimate save, and I always follow your saves in both, so I really appreciate it!   

It is definitely good to be back playing!  

Yeah around this time last year my hard drive went on my laptop, took me 3 months to replace and not being able to play was awful. Welcome back! 

Any ideas why my young players are losing  determination from  high lvls? My FC just droped from 15>13 where other atributes are groving up i only give him a mentor to change unambitious personality to balanced. In other side of my u19 my  mid player changed randomly on his own peronality from ambitious to fiary determined and lose from 18 determination to 14 lol

9 hours ago, Sn00gle said:

Any ideas why my young players are losing  determination from  high lvls? My FC just droped from 15>13 where other atributes are groving up i only give him a mentor to change unambitious personality to balanced. In other side of my u19 my  mid player changed randomly on his own peronality from ambitious to fiary determined and lose from 18 determination to 14 lol

If you have a regen with high determination (and ideally a good personality), make him captain and get him to tutor others, even if he has low leadership and is not that suitable for captaincy. Obviously you have to be a bit careful with dynamics etc, but I find that in general it's worth it. Then your squad personality and determination will creep up until these drops don't happen so much. In general, this is happening because too many players or coaches have low det, then with high team cohesion I think this makes a lot of players' determination fall to the squad's average.

Another thing you can do is get staff with as high determination as possible (good personality also helps). I mean not just the HOYD, but also at least youth coaches, probably also first team coaches. I think this all helps push your squad personality to determined/resolute/professional, and you should see less drops like this. Also I think the intake personalities get influenced by all staff or all youth staff, not just the HOYD, although there is some conflicting info about this.

But yes, in general this is a slow progress - once you have a few high det regens survive until 24, it goes much faster...

16 minutes ago, dkouv said:

If you have a regen with high determination (and ideally a good personality), make him captain and get him to tutor others, even if he has low leadership and is not that suitable for captaincy. Obviously you have to be a bit careful with dynamics etc, but I find that in general it's worth it. Then your squad personality and determination will creep up until these drops don't happen so much. In general, this is happening because too many players or coaches have low det, then with high team cohesion I think this makes a lot of players' determination fall to the squad's average.

Another thing you can do is get staff with as high determination as possible (good personality also helps). I mean not just the HOYD, but also at least youth coaches, probably also first team coaches. I think this all helps push your squad personality to determined/resolute/professional, and you should see less drops like this. Also I think the intake personalities get influenced by all staff or all youth staff, not just the HOYD, although there is some conflicting info about this.

But yes, in general this is a slow progress - once you have a few high det regens survive until 24, it goes much faster...

Yo thx for explain me that I will keep that in mind. For now im suprised with my run I have local feeder club that  iprove my traning fields to great lvl and they give me like 3 intake youth from that club and one is like 10/10 star xD I never had such feeder club in my history of this challenge

@Sn00gle Nice! I'm the opposite - I have 7 clubs around the world with the arrangement to bring through their youngsters, and so far in 5 seasons or sth I've only had one regen come through, from nearby Basel... But in FM17 I had this feeder club in Serbia which gave me all my best prospects more or less, so I guess it depends :)

On 5/13/2018 at 14:55, markkkkk said:

Hi everyone, I’m currently doing my own youth academy challenge and I have a question regarding signing staff (apologies if it’s been asked before).

Are you allowed to sign staff on part player contracts so they can tutor your youngsters? Essentially it’s signing an old player with good personality and determination on a backup + U18 staff contract. If they don’t play any games is it allowed?

Pretty sure you can't do this, as it counts as signing a player.

@dkouv In Poland it's hard to get foreign player for intake (there are few but its more like randomly and depending on reputation i guess) so thats why im suprised that even in note it says that they come from that club. However players from that club are allready 17-18 yo when others are 15-16 yo I dont know why but mby its something with feeder club I cant even loan them players over 19 yo. I've  only once manage to get foreig intake in Poland in free save where I played my home team and get some success in Europe and something after 12 years in game I started to have every year some players from foreign feeders club.

P.S im inviting to conversation on team aswell about that if somebody want

Season 2018/2019

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania gks jastrzebie

Squad - League - Transfers - Finances - Facilities - Manager

First season in Poland and with weak squad somehow I manage to get promotion at first atempt. I tried this challenge in Poland and I know that promoting in Poland at first season or even 2 is like suicidal. You can ask why? Its simple, becouse player lvl between Polish first league and Polish premier league is like heaven and hell. If you add to this that in Poland you have lower chance to get good players compare to England, Spain and other top leagues its like RIP for manager who will get sacked for not geting enough points and then losing players after relegation but we are promoted so were going in. So basicly manager screen is after first licence Ive reached (i forgot to took it at start of the game) hope noone will get angry on me for that ;) . Like I said before in comments I managed get Stadion Slaski as feeder club and this is something like I never had in this challenge. Local partnershim for training fields and how you can see here some talented (hoply) young players gives me best  facilities in Poland I ever had in this challenge even after 10 years of trying this in Stal Mielec in FM17 or 16 I had same I guess.  Unlucky at start of my journey with GKS 3 contract was singed before my arrival to team Nowak and Czerkas 2 old boys 32/33 yo without any good personality to utility and only Kaminski is enoug to get for my DR.

Youth intake

Mateusz Malecki 01a

Marcin Jodlowiec 01b

Michal Wlodyka 01c

Malecki sounds like best prospect from this if he develope in some speed to get into my tactic for survive in Polish premiership xD

Season 2019/2020

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania gks jastrzebie

Squad - League - Transfers - Finances - Facilities - Manager

First season in Polish Premiership It went suprisly good. We end first stage of league in upper 8 so we get instant survival better money and few extra matches in master group. We have few things going around team. First of all im improving facilities like crazy and my chairman agree on everything. Also I suggested to buy a stadium not new but aswell chairman after small talk agreed with me. Nest season ofc again surivve my team is preety poor in quality players so I dont think we can do something more.

Youth intake

Bartosz Czajkowski 02a

Marcin Grabowski 02b

Arkadiusz Szewczyk 02c

Czajkowski one of best prospects of young Polish generation media connect him to one of legendary players. Unlucky :spoilers: 600k minimal offer in hes proffesional contract ;(( Hoply he will stay :D

Ards Rangers

football_39535.png

Season 8 - 2025/26

A nearly perfect season. Champions for a third consecutive time, we reached the group stages of Europa League, training facilities and intake setup were extensively upgraded and we are planing to go to a Professional setup for the club.

League (Results 1 | Results 2 | Cups | Europe) - Champions for a third time in a row. And this time relatively comfortably. We started the league campaign strongly, and over the course of the season only lost once against Linfield until we were crowned champions with four rounds to play. Impressive from the team. The first intake generation from 2019 are reaching 23 years of age, and with a lot of experience, this might do the difference and explain our improvement. 

Not much to report from the different cups in Northern Ireland this year.

The European front is a completely different story this season. We actually reached the Europe League group stages. We beat Sheriff Tiraspol, Ludogorets and Maribor to reach the Champions League Playoffs for a place in the Champions League group stages. Here we were up against the mighty Galatasaray, and were beaten thoroughly as expected, but we qualified for the Europe League Group Stages. Fantastic.

To say that it was deserved to reach the Champions League Playoffs would be an overstatement. With a defensive tactic set up for counter attacks, we managed limit our losses or get a draw and progress through more away-goals. I love that rule:) But we were badly outplayed, so for the European aspect of this challenge, we still have a huge way to go.

Team - The general quality of our team has reached a decent level, and our oldest regens have reached a good footballing age. We are still not able to compete with the best teams in Northern Ireland, quality-wise, but Lee Murray and Ian McIntyre from last years intake featured much throughout the season. They were the products of the first intake since being able to upgrade the intake facilities, so this bodes well for the future. Other players to mention would be Jordan Kerr and David Rooney. Rooney won the Player of the Year award.

Facilities - The European price-money meant, that we could continue our facility improvements. Our Training and Youth Facilities reached Basic level and further upgrades are underway. The Junior Coaching is now at a 'Good' level and Youth Recruitment are 'Above average'. I cannot wait till next intake:) Finally, we are planning to go to a Professional setup for the club before next season. I am looking forward to see how the improved Training Facilities and full time contracts will help the player improvements, but at the same time, I am fearing the impact it will have on our Finances. But let us see.

Finances - Impressive for now. After qualifying for the Europe League Group stages, we received £ 2.200.000 boosting our finances to unseen levels. But as I mentioned above, I am a bit anxious to see what the professional status will mean for the finances. But I should be able to push through further Intake upgrades before we reach a negative balance again, and this should help us to qualify for Europe every year and get a stable yearly income.

Youth Intake - A fantastic youth intake. Upgrades really kicked in now. Paul Craig went straight into the first team at the age of 15 and pushed my best midfielder for many years to the bench. I am also awaiting good things from Darragh Marks, Eoin Kelly, John Anderson, Gareth Hassan. David Fitzpatrick will be my new number one goalkeeper next year because my old one is retiring.

Goals: Keep winning the Danske Bank Premiership and improve youth intake further to enable us to maintain our position.

Progess.png

Am I entering this challenge once again? Damn right. Am I going back to Iceland again? Damn right. Am I holidaying at the moment? Damn right again.

I've taken over Fjarðabyggð! The small village located on the eastern part of the island have a grand total of around 5,000 people.

O5L5ZSX.png

So, we are located quite far away. We are talking rural Iceland here... This is the "stadium", Eskifjarðarvöllur:

vSECi4H.png

Anyway, I'm aiming to get the Champions League trophy to this place using only youth players. A challenge? Yeah, I suppose so, but I'll be aiming to be the kings of Iceland first. Here goes!

Belfort.png.351ebd6f2d98de07751aaed41d3583ea.png

ASM Belfort youth challenge

Season 11 – 2029/30– Ligue 1

TLDR: I am still seething after this season – so many near misses, on all fronts! Runners up in the league (after leading from December till April), runners up in the league cup, semis of the cup, and most importantly, semis of the Champions League. Let’s hope this is more Spain 2006 rather than Leeds 2001.

Europe: Lots of green in fixtures, but the one that mattered was the red away goal loss to Bayern (again) in the semis. 

League: I really thought this was my year. But it turns out PSG were just toying with me. They drew a few and I beat them at home early on, shooting up to 1st place. They then proceeded to win every remaining game aside from one (which they drew), while I rested key players for CL and lost some points. PSG duly overtook me in late April. Two draws in my last two games, to Marseille (who came back from 4-2 to 4-4 in the last 10 minutes) and Monaco at home sealed our fate.

Cups: The nearly-men of Belfort exited to Monaco and Marseille in the two cups.

PSG, Marseille and Bayern – I am starting to hate you all…

Star players:  Same again, with the main difference being that Ayoub El Azhari 26a (ST/AMLC) is now our main goal threat. Dubreuil is still the assist king, and Meunier 25b is tearing it up at wingback with the usual inconsistency. 

The squad ability has plateaued a bit, with regular starters not developing any further, and few youths coming through. But the overall ability level is good, and I can mix it up with the big boys in the CL now, just need that little bit more quality to push us to the next level, I feel…

Youth watch: Dominique Leveque 28a (DL/WBL) has taken over the leftback slot in late season, and Gerard Benoit (DLC) is a regular starter at center back.

Youth intake | Loic Mathieu 30a (AMR/ST) | Angel Huerta 30b (MR) | Eric Ndongo 30c (MC/AML/ST) Hard to judge these intakes at the moment since the current ability is far below first team level, and the potential stars don’t seem very reliable. Nobody has really shone in the last few years, but there are potentially more good strikers and a winger who can be retrained as a wingback.

Facilities: More upgrades coming through, and we’re close to maxing out.

Transfers: Got rid of a few first teamers who stagnated to give the youngsters time to develop

Season  |  League   | Pos. |   Cup   |     CL      |     EL      |     Top scorer          |  Top assists          |     Top rating            | Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20 |  National |  4   |   R9    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Guirassy (24)        |  Honore (18)          |    Guirassy (7.6)         |  1 point off the play-offs
2020/21 |  National |  1   |   R9    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Valade (24)          |  David (13)           |    David (7.6)            |  Promotion!
2021/22 |  Ligue 2  |  8   |   R10   |   n/a       |     n/a     |    David (24)           |  David (15)           |    David (7.6)            |  2 points off the play-offs
2022/23 |  Ligue 2  |  4   |   R10   |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Aguene (24)          |  Guirassy (18)        |    Aguene (7.7)           |  Lost in playoffs R1
2023/24 |  Ligue 2  |  1   |   R9    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Valade (24)          |  Martins (14)         |    David (7.4)            |  Promotion!
2024/25 |  Ligue 1  |  7   |   R9    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Valade (36)          |  Martins (17)         |    Valade (7.4)           |  Euro cup qualification
2025/26 |  Ligue 1  |  5   |   R9    |   n/a       |    1st KO   | Berard-Alves 24b (31)   | Berard-Alves 24b (23) |    Martins (7.8)          |  1 point off CL
2026/27 |  Ligue 1  |  1   |   R9    |   n/a       |    QF       |    Daval 24a (40)       |  Dubreuil (28)        |   Daval 24a (8.00)        |  League and league cup double
2027/28 |  Ligue 1  |  2   |   Semi  |   QF        |    n/a      |    Daval 24a (31)       |  Daval 24a (25)       |   Berard-Alves 24b (8.1)  |  
2028/29 |  Ligue 1  |  2   |   R11   |   QF        |    n/a      |    El Azhari 26a (34)   |  Dubreuil (19)        |    Dubreuil (7.8)         |  
2029/30 |  Ligue 1  |  2   |   Semi  |   Semi      |    n/a      |    El Azhari 26a (43)   |  Dubreuil (28)        |    El Azhari 26a (8.0)    |  

Season  |  Finances |  Coaching    |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20 |   £450k   |  Average     |  Fairly Basic     |  Basic         |  Poor           |  5500
2020/21 |   £45k    |  Adequte     |  Average          |  Below average |  Basic          |  5500
2021/22 |   £1.2m   |  Good        |  Above Average    |  Adequate      |  Basic          |  5500
2022/23 |   £300k   |  Good        |  Established      |  Average       |  Basic          |  5500
2023/24 |   £160k   |  Good        |  Well Established |  Good          |  Below Average  |  5500
2024/25 |   £9.6m   |  Excellent   |  Extensive        |  Great         |  Adequate       |  5500
2025/26 |   £24m    |  Excellent   |  Extensive        |  Great         |  Adequate       |  5500
2026/27 |   £39m    |  Excellent   |  Extensive        |  Great         |  Adequate       |  5500
2027/28 |   £60m    |  Excellent   |  Extensive        |  Superb        |  Adequate       |  20056
2028/29 |   £83m    |  Exceptional |  Extensive        |  Superb        |  Average        |  20056
2029/30 |   £117m   |  Exceptional |  Extensive        |  Excellent     |  Good           |  20056

How long does it usually take for the board to expect you to comply with the youth development philosophy?

I ask this because I'm playing a 'normal' long term save with Sheffield FC (currently in season 18 - 3rd season in the Premier League) and I want to focus on developing my own players.

Now I'm a bit hesitant to ask the board to add the youth development philosophy  because they haven't allowed me to upgrade our youth coaching and youth recruitment for the past 2-3 seasons, even though our finances are at +110M.

Also, we currently have average youth coaching and above average youth recruitment and club reputation is superb.

13 minutes ago, dkouv said:

@XaW good luck in Fjarðabyggð; I love those Icelandic names... :)

Heh, yeah. It's kind of funny to me, since I understand certain words, but others are just plain crazy and impossible to comprehend.

A very good season for you, unfortunate that PSG are so incredibly good. Your season should be good enough for a title.

3 minutes ago, Deicide said:

How long does it usually take for the board to expect you to comply with the youth development philosophy?

Don't really know since for me it's always in green, but would guess at the latest by the end of the first season after you've requested it. From memory it usually comes up with the main objectives straight away, which means it should evaluated at the end of the season. But if you've been at the club for a while and been promoted a lot, it shouldn't matter too much for your job security.

XaW - Knattspyrnufélag Fjarðabyggðar - 2018

5OmXb7Q.png

Table | Squad | Transfers* | Finances

* - The two transfers in were already done before I took over.

Back in Iceland! I've missed it since I tried this challenge in FM17. So I'm looking forward to this. When I took over we barely had enough players to fill out the bench. I were not sure how good the team were, since some players were very good, while others were horribly poor. So a very varied squad quality, for better or worse. The season it self went pretty good, though we were very inconsistent throughout. In the end we finished in a very good 5th. Hopefully, some more youngsters and some more next season will help us further.

Before the season started we played in the League Cup. We lost 3 games and drew 2 and did not go past the group stage. In the VISA Bikar karla we beat Vængir Júpiters and ÍH before losing to UMF Selfoss in the 4th round.

I managed to get the youth coaching improved once, but our finances were heading into the red quite quickly. I also managed to get the National C licence.

The youth intake was ok, but not much more. The best players seems to be Bergsveinn Ás Vatnsdal 18a and Aron Magnússon 18b.

AJJE2oK.png

XaW - Knattspyrnufélag Fjarðabyggðar - 2019

5OmXb7Q.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

A good season last year, and I hoped we could improve upon it this season. However, we lost a couple of good players. In addition to the one in the screenshot a couple players refused to sign a new contract, so we started the season with only 2 center backs. We started with a good win, but that was a false hope as we went the next 6 without a win. The season just continued very inconsistently and we turned out as the team that anyone could beat, but also lose to. We got a very good youth intake and that helped us to a good run, but as soon as we safe from relegation we lost 5 games in a row without scoring. Maybe the young players were content enough? We did win the last match of the season though, so hopefully the players takes that with them into the 6 month off season... In the end we finished quite a bit lower than last year. I hope we can improve upon it next season.

Before the season started we played in the League Cup again. We did better as we won 2 matches while lost 3. We didn't get through, but at least did better. In the VISA Bikar karla we beat Kári before losing to FH Hafnarfjörður, who finished 2nd in the top tier, in the 3rd round.

I got some more improvements this season and even my National B licence. We are losing money, but the board have put in some money to keep us afloat.

The youth intake was very good this season. The best ones seems to be Björgvin Halldórsson 19b and Arnar Freyr Þórhallsson 19d.

VihVmg4.png

@dkouv: Thanks! I can't quite believe it myself. But the truth is, we were barraged (?) in the qualifying matches, but somehow prevailed. Sheer luck I think.

This year, it went more as expected. Lost the second tie 0-2 at home. 

And for yourself: keep it up with Belmont. You will overcome PSG sometime soon!:)

How you fellow Youth Challengers are dealing with tactics? What have you had most success with?

When i started this save i may have made a small but potentially annoying mistake. Half of the team terminated contract 2 days after i took control. Not a big deal i guess but i was left with zero players with good personalities.

I'm on the 6th season now and never ever tutored a player because i never had professional tutors to begin with. Sigh, it's been quite a challenge and I'm yet to become a champion of the main Russian league.

9 hours ago, KyleHyde said:

How you fellow Youth Challengers are dealing with tactics? What have you had most success with?

When i started this save i may have made a small but potentially annoying mistake. Half of the team terminated contract 2 days after i took control. Not a big deal i guess but i was left with zero players with good personalities.

I'm on the 6th season now and never ever tutored a player because i never had professional tutors to begin with. Sigh, it's been quite a challenge and I'm yet to become a champion of the main Russian league.

I'm still playing around with tactics in this save. Just about every formation can achieve success, but it's all down to getting the most from the players.

One thing I've learned from this challenge over the years are the importance of good staff. I don't quite care how good of a coach they are, I don't hire them if they don't have a good personality. The level of youth facilities are so poor anyhow, so at least make sure the players are professional, determined and ambitious. So what I look for in coaches are personalities and a high determination. I've linked this before, I'll do it again. I mainly use the guide here to chose what kind of personalities I want from my players. The staff will influence the personality of the players coming through the youth intakes, so the more good personalities you have among the staff, the more chance of getting that in the players. I also always keeps poor players with a high determination and good personality because this influence the "squad personality" and that will influence ALL the players in your squad. The squad personality is often an overlooked factor since that changes thing all the time, and this is the reason why you sometimes notice the determination drop in youth players without any other reason.

For tutors I would advise you to keep at least the ones with good personality and determination if you have any. The age limit for tutoring is 24 I think, BUT the captain can tutor at any age! So if you have a youth player with desirable traits then it's something to consider!

XaW - Knattspyrnufélag Fjarðabyggðar - 2020

5OmXb7Q.png

A slightly poorer season last year, but this season started with a bang! We went the first 10 matches without losing and gaining a slight lead at the top. As the season continued we kept the top spot for the rest of the season and in the end we were promoted as champions! Now, the gap at the top is much bigger than it felt for the most part, but Víkingur Reykjavík finished horrible with only a single win in their last 6 matches and fell much further behind, even missing out on the promotion to Þróttur Reykjavík on the final day. The team are getting more and more based around the youngsters that have come through the academy now, and I think this is a good sign of the progress we are making as a club. We still have a couple of very good players that were here from the start, but as we keep getting better and better youngsters we should keep improving. Hopefully we are able to stay up next season and keep building towards becoming a good side domestically.

As every year the season started with the League Cup. We really showed our intent as we won all 5 group stage matches and went through. In the quarter final we lost to ÍBK Keflavík, but still had a good showing. In the VISA Bikar karla we lost to Völsungur in the 2nd round, so a very poor showing compared to the other cup.

Being in the red all season, I were unable to get any improvements accepted this season. With the promotion, I hope we can get in enough money to keep improving.

This season's youth intake were pretty good and we got a couple of very talented players. The best ones seems to be Valur Fannar Eysteinsson 20a and Árni Þor Helgason 20c.

u8iIM4b.png

Alemannia-Aachen.png

Season 4 - 2021/22 - 2. Fussball Bundesliga - This was hard

League  |  Squad  |  Transfers  |  Finances  |  Facilities  

Back here after a while! Last post was on page 9 of this thread, it was the season in which i got promoted to the 2° division. Well, maintaining the division was really hard, and it's done only with the victory in the playouts. Good thing is that it was done, and the prize money even for the 16th place is good enough to steer clear from debt and have money to invest in upping the recruitment/junior coaching for next season.

The key players are always the same, while the youth had some difficulties with the new category. Some new faces were available for the first team, only two of them made the breakthrough: Kastrati and Papangiannopoulos.

Youth Intake

Erm.. i forgot/lost the screen of the intake day, so, instead, i'll show the actual Under 19. I have faith in Lekaj(finally another D R), Bollmann and Skiba, who will be able to join the first team next season. Di Gennaro, the best of the lot, unfortunately won't as he's still too young. From this year's intake, Hoffmann seems the best, and with the right attitude.

Next season

Maintain the category. Hopefully without struggling until the end. And I'm confident it's time for more youngsters to get rid of the old guard. Will try to improve junior coaching two times, and maybe the recruitment again. The prize money should cover the losses... of course it all comes down to NOT be relegated. Oh, and i hope to retain the  best players..requests are beginning to come and destabilized some of them..

XaW - Knattspyrnufélag Fjarðabyggðar - 2021

5OmXb7Q.png

Now that we got up in the top tier, my only goal for the season was to avoid relegation. My main point of interest were how far the two tiers are apart, skillwise. It turns out, not that much, with a few exceptions. Fylkir and KR made a run away from the pack early on, but we managed to establish ourselves among those who chased them along with Stjarnan, Valur and Breiðablik. We had a good shot at a European spot, but a horrible August were we had 3 losses and 2 draws put us on the back foot. A team talk to lift the spirit helped out and we got back on our feet and won the last 3 matches to finish in a very good 5th place. Only just behind the Europeans spots though, so not far off. Hopefully, we can push for it next season, but I'll settle for a safe mid table spots though.

As every year the season started with the League Cup. We had some good results with 3 wins, a draw and a loss, however it was not enough to go through. In the VISA Bikar karla we beat Berserkir and Breiðablik before losing to Stjarnan in the quarter final.

Still in the red, but we aren't losing as much as we did before. I did get a couple of things approved before the season though, so hopefully it will help out in the end.

We had a great youth intake this season and had some great players come through. The best ones seems to be Aron Sigurðsson 21a and Sigurður Þórarinsson 21b.

fkXzLv3.png

Hey Guys.

I'm new on the forums but I'd like to participate as well. I've read the threat and saw no one is playing in Israel so there I am! :)
Let's have it with this newly promoted team to the 2nd tier of israel! They are fan owned as well so they must love own youth :)

My team:   Mkya_logo.png.fe8ee854cb2324ca5714ca4868e19d46.png

Wish me luck boys and girls!

If someone could make me some (fantasy if you like to or realistic) ss and 3d kits that would be lovely!

I'm Cove Rangers in Scottish League Two for this challenge. The worst has just happened: My only keeper at the club has injured himself to the end of the season. It happened 15minutes into a scottish cup game v Partick Thistle (Scottish Prem team) I've had a centre half in goal for 3 games now and been pumped every game. Having to change tactic try and retain possession at all costs to stop teams having any shots. Hopefully draw my way to the youth intake date which is 4 weeks away and pray to god I get a goalkeeper if the board don't sack me by then :(

On 28/05/2018 at 12:28, janesy20 said:

I'm Cove Rangers in Scottish League Two for this challenge. The worst has just happened: My only keeper at the club has injured himself to the end of the season. It happened 15minutes into a scottish cup game v Partick Thistle (Scottish Prem team) I've had a centre half in goal for 3 games now and been pumped every game. Having to change tactic try and retain possession at all costs to stop teams having any shots. Hopefully draw my way to the youth intake date which is 4 weeks away and pray to god I get a goalkeeper if the board don't sack me by then :(

Ouch, that's tough - question is, will the intake goalie be any better than the center back? :p Hope you manage to survive!

And good luck @OrToDaRy282!

XaW - Knattspyrnufélag Fjarðabyggðar - 2022

5OmXb7Q.png

After the very good effort last season, my hope were that we could improve and push into the European spots. The season started well and we were in the contention of the top spots, but other teams like KR, Breiðablik and Valur looked strong as well. Shortly into the season we had a very tough injury when Björgvin Halldórsson 19b dislocated his shoulder and were out for two months. That was a real gut punch and we struggled to score. We lost quite a bit and fell a bit far away from KR, but a strong finish pushed us up to a strong 2nd place. This means we are heading into Europe next season, the Europe League, but still Europe. Let's hope we can fight for the title next season.

As every year the season started with the League Cup. We won all games in the group stage and go through. Then beat Knattspyrnufélag Akureyrar and ÍBK Keflavík to reach the final. Here we lost to Stjarnan unfortunately. In the VISA Bikar karla we beat Grótta and UMF Selfoss before losing to Valur in the quarter final.

Still losing a lot of money, hopefull Europe will give us some money next season.

We had another great youth intake this season, a much needed left back and some other talents. The best ones are Víkingur Guðlaugsson 22a and Eysteinn Húni Ásgeirsson 22c.

hFuAJnV.png

Alemannia-Aachen.png

Season 5 - 2022/23 - 2. Fussball Bundesliga

League  |  Squad  |  Transfers  |  Finances  |  Facilities

Just another hard season. This time we manage to avoid the playouts by only 1 point, Throughout february and march we reached 11th place, then a poor form run stopped us and the danger of relegation was beginning to rise. Fortunately enough the other teams didn't do enough and we're safe... again.

Club-wise, I hope i didn't make a too big step: apart for the excellent junior coaching and extensive recruitiment, the club bought the stadium (with a bank loan which will be dangerous for finances next year), and accepted my request for upgrading training and youth facilities. It's a bit of a gamble, but we need to step up.

Key players

Daniel Hammel - again... our offensive capabilities on his shoulders, with Torunarigha irremediably declining, his goals and weight up  there helped our survival

Rouven Leifeld - from young promise to rock at the back, still with some inexperience mistakes. Now, we'll have to resist to offers and eventual complaining..

Alban Kastrati - last season entered first team, this season became a fundamental player, next season i'm thinking about making him captain. For his personality, because so he can be a tutor, and because maybe i will be able to keep him easily in the team.. he can be a target for many teams

New entries

Hubert Skiba - we have a keeper behind Depta, funnilly enough still polish. Still too many mistakes so he didn't play in the "must not lose" matches, next season i expect more.

Albert Lekaj - we have a natural right back, with a great personality and mental attitude. Need to improve more, and hopefully he will.

Christopher Bollmann - a pleasant surprise from this defensive "jolly". Great mentality and phisycal to be a shield for the team.

Youth intake

An exciting intake. At least on paper..we will see how they will grow. The team overall "professional" personality will hopefully help

Next season

Climb up the ladder a bit? I think I will need it, to cover the expenses I talked about before. Some of them will be covered: say goodbye to Nicolas Arend, as Munchen 1860 in August next season meet his 1.4 millions clause. But.. Mirko Di Gennaro will be available for the first team, and if he scores like he could, our hopes of growing could be met (funnilly he's italian and his name is Mirko, like my cousin who lives in Germany :D)

XaW - Knattspyrnufélag Fjarðabyggðar - 2023

5OmXb7Q.png

With last seasons 2nd place fresh in our minds I were hoping we could fight KR for the title this season. This didn't happen at all, mostly because KR failed dramatically and finished in 6th, 16 points of the winner. But also because Stjarnan and FH ran away from all other teams early on. We were the closest team for a while, but a rough patch in August gave Breiðablik and Fylkir a chance to close the gap. We did find our form again in September though and secured the 3rd place and another go in Europe next season. The real issue this season were our defensive frailties. I'm still using two of the original players a lot, and they are quite frankly not good enough. I really hope for better defensive players, but I also think I might to have another round of tinkering with the tactics to sort it out. Still, we are doing well enough, and I hope we can keep it up next season.

As every year the season started with the League Cup. We won all games in the group stage and go through, but lost in a crazy 8-5 game against Stjarnan. It were one of those games were every chance ended in a goal and at full time it was 5-5, then they scored in extra time and when we pushed to equalize they countered in two more. In the VISA Bikar karla we beat Sindri, Dalvík/Reynir and UMF Selfoss before losing to Þróttur in the semi final. So still no cup win for us.

We had our first European matches this season since we qualified for the Europa League last season. We started in the 1st qualifying round were we beat Čukarički Stankom of Serbia without much problem. In the 2nd qualifying round we got a trip to Poland, but still managed to knock out Lech Poznań. In the 3rd qualifying round we had two stormers against Swiss outfit Young Boys to go through. In the 4th qualifying round we drew a massive side in Everton of England. In the away match we took the lead 2-0 quite early, but then Everton showed their superiority and destroyed us. They kept it up in the rematch as well to knock us out with ease. Still a very good showing in our first try outside Iceland.

While we are still deep in the red, we actually made money this season. Almost all of it from the European games. A few more seasons like this and we might had money in the bank!

This season we had a rather poor youth intake, at least compared to the last few years. The best two were Hörður Bragi Halldórsson 23a and Kristján Brynjarsson 23b.

QUaT4Al.png

Vikeologist's 2018/19 Taranto Start of Challenge Report

Image result for taranto football badge

I’ve tried this challenge innumerable times over the last few years, (probably less than 10, but pain, despair and heartbreak operate outside mere numerical criteria).

My last few attempts did go better. Last time I won the Russian league, but followed that with a couple of second places and then a couple of third places as we regressed.

Most of my attempts have been in Italy, all with Piacenza. The first few times I was relegated the first season. I think last time I got Piacenza promoted, and then relegated straight away which resulted in all my top players leaving.

I would have done this challenge with Piacenza again, but they’re now already in Serie C, so I went with Taranto, because they’re the one available club with good training facilities, and their players more or less matched my desired tactics.

Mostly because of the dolphin logo though, obviously.

League Table - We were never in danger of relegation, but it was the second half of the season before we made our way into the top reaches of the table. We finished 4th, which I was fairly pleased with for a first season.

For those who don’t know, Serie C is pretty hard to get out of. You have to either win your division of 20 teams or make your way through up to 6 rounds of the playoffs against 26 other teams for the one remaining promotion spot.

Our 4th place took us straight into the second round of the playoffs, and we made it through the second and third rounds before succumbing narrowly in the quarter finals against Vicenza.

I was disappointed out our 5 playoff matches didn’t reverse our slide into debt, or even bring in the largest home crowd of the season.

Squad

My first team is very young, with more than half of them under 21, so we should continue steadily improving for the moment. The YP0 players are from the youth intake before I took over. Having 12 substitutes does mean that one can have a lot of young players on the bench, and they usually don’t have high unused substitute fees either.

Top Goalscorer – Davide Cardea– 22 He was only the top scorer because he takes penalties.

Top Average Rating – Adam Diakite  – 7.75 The best rating by a country mile

Man of the Match – Adama Diakite – 8

MVP – Adama Diakite      Adama broke his ankle in the playoff third round, which not only hampered our chances in the quarters, but also means that we’ll be without him for the first 3 or 4 months of next season. He’s also important as he’s the only senior player with a 15+ determination.

Youth Intake – I tagged all 6 players who had 5 star potential (judged by an admittedly untrustworthy Assistant Manager and HoYD). Sorry, I can't be bothered to link screenshots of them all. I honestly don't know which of them is the best yet. I think this is more an indicator that the rest of the team is mediocre rather than they are really a golden generation. They're all described as 'young' rather than 'promising' so doubt there's any wonderkids there to be honest. I currently have 14 players in all supposedly with 5 star potential, and I know they’re not all good. Only 1 of these intake players even made it to the first team sub's bench;  for one match, but a lot of them should graduate to the first team next season. 

Transfers Obviously I haven’t bought anyone, but I’m also not that close to convincing other teams to take anybody off our hands.

Next Season – There’s going to be a mass exodus, not only of players, but also of frankly rubbish coaches who I’ve been obliged to hold on to for a season until their contracts ended.

Season	Division				Position	Notes										
18/19	Serie C/C				4th		Reached playoff quarterfinal.

I had my first youngster get his full international debut!

Meet Sigurður Þórarinsson 21b:

rytdmLi.png

Amazing mentals for a 19 year old, and solid physicals as well. Needs some work with his technical ability, but he is still pretty much the best player in Iceland. Unfortunately, he won't sign a new contract, but his current deal runs for 3 more seasons so we'll at least keep him for a while.

Edit: And just because I posted in here I jinxed it for the poor kid. He just broke his leg and is out for 7 months. Just great... :seagull:

Belfort.png.34530e162cfbfddcb6dbc720dff2a738.png

ASM Belfort youth challenge

Season 12 – 2030/31– Ligue 1

Europe: my dislike of Real Madrid has just gone up a notch:

1247851443_s12CLfinal.thumb.png.e238133f825a426fae999b4f9da494b1.png

A fateful moment in the save – or so it seemed: we were through to the CL final, playing brilliantly to beat Atletico in the knockout R1, our nemesis PSG in the quarters, and Man U in the semins, winning 3-0 in Manchester. We faced Real in the final, with a chance to exact some revenge for the real-life CL final on the 26th. But just like in reality, it was Madrid who prevailed instead. First Sergio Ramos (now retired, but employed as a professional wrestler) injured my best striker and center back a week before the game. Then in the game, we won an 78thminute penalty at 0-0, duly missed it, and went down 1-0 in extra time. At least we didn’t go out on penalties… To be honest, I really did not expect us to score that penalty – the regen penalty taking attributes seem pretty awful across the board, and even my designated penalty taker only has 13 after decent starting values and years of penalty taking training focus. We go again next year, I guess.

League: 105 points and first place! And it was necessary too because PSG got 99 points again! :o I think they won every game from around December onwards, but by then our lead was too large for them to catch up.

Cups: The cup final was 3 days before the CL league final, and my second string went out on penalties to Marseille.

Star players: Same as the last few years, but interestingly my best player (attributes wise) “Mr. inconsistent” Jean Meunier 25b came out as gay. He is the club captain and main tutor, so I wonder if some of the tutees will get influenced, and what the dynamics will be like :) 

Youth watch: Dominique Leveque 28a (DL/WBL) is developing nicely, and untagged Julien Ludena (DC/DM/MC) has come on leaps and bounds, and is used for tough games at center mid, or in easy games at center back.

Youth intake | Benjamin Boillot 31a (AMR/ST) | Kheireddine Haoues 31b (AMRC) Hard to judge again and a bit top-heavy in terms of positions, as usual, but I’m retraining Haoues as right wing back, and hope there is some quality in there.

Facilities: Maxed out everything apart from youth facilities.

Transfers: Club legend Hakin Valade (AMR/ST) gets sold as I no longer need him for tutoring, after over 200 goals in 300+ appearances. 

Season  |  League   | Pos. |   Cup   |     CL      |     EL      |     Top scorer          |  Top assists           |     Top rating            | Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20 |  National |  4   |   R9    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Guirassy (24)        |  Honore (18)           |    Guirassy (7.6)         |  1 point off the play-offs
2020/21 |  National |  1   |   R9    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Valade (24)          |  David (13)            |    David (7.6)            |  Promotion!
2021/22 |  Ligue 2  |  8   |   R10   |   n/a       |     n/a     |    David (24)           |  David (15)            |    David (7.6)            |  2 points off the play-offs
2022/23 |  Ligue 2  |  4   |   R10   |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Aguene (24)          |  Guirassy (18)         |    Aguene (7.7)           |  Lost in playoffs R1
2023/24 |  Ligue 2  |  1   |   R9    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Valade (24)          |  Martins (14)          |    David (7.4)            |  Promotion!
2024/25 |  Ligue 1  |  7   |   R9    |   n/a       |     n/a     |    Valade (36)          |  Martins (17)          |    Valade (7.4)           |  Euro cup qualification
2025/26 |  Ligue 1  |  5   |   R9    |   n/a       |    1st KO   | Berard-Alves 24b (31)   |  Berard-Alves 24b (23) |    Martins (7.8)          |  1 point off CL
2026/27 |  Ligue 1  |  1   |   R9    |   n/a       |    QF       |    Daval 24a (40)       |  Dubreuil (28)         |   Daval 24a (8.00)        |  League and league cup double
2027/28 |  Ligue 1  |  2   |   Semi  |   QF        |    n/a      |    Daval 24a (31)       |  Daval 24a (25)        |   Berard-Alves 24b (8.1)  |  
2028/29 |  Ligue 1  |  2   |   R11   |   QF        |    n/a      |    El Azhari 26a (34)   |  Dubreuil (19)         |    Dubreuil (7.8)         |  
2029/30 |  Ligue 1  |  2   |   Semi  |   Semi      |    n/a      |    El Azhari 26a (43)   |  Dubreuil (28)         |    El Azhari 26a (8.0)    |  
2030/31 |  Ligue 1  |  1   |   R-up  |   R-up      |    n/a      |    Daval 24a (28)       |  Berard-Alves 24b (18) |    Scotte 26g (7.7)       |  

Season  |  Finances |  Coaching    |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20 |   £450k   |  Average     |  Fairly Basic     |  Basic         |  Poor           |  5500
2020/21 |   £45k    |  Adequte     |  Average          |  Below average |  Basic          |  5500
2021/22 |   £1.2m   |  Good        |  Above Average    |  Adequate      |  Basic          |  5500
2022/23 |   £300k   |  Good        |  Established      |  Average       |  Basic          |  5500
2023/24 |   £160k   |  Good        |  Well Established |  Good          |  Below Average  |  5500
2024/25 |   £9.6m   |  Excellent   |  Extensive        |  Great         |  Adequate       |  5500
2025/26 |   £24m    |  Excellent   |  Extensive        |  Great         |  Adequate       |  5500
2026/27 |   £39m    |  Excellent   |  Extensive        |  Great         |  Adequate       |  5500
2027/28 |   £60m    |  Excellent   |  Extensive        |  Superb        |  Adequate       |  20056
2028/29 |   £83m    |  Exceptional |  Extensive        |  Superb        |  Average        |  20056
2029/30 |   £117m   |  Exceptional |  Extensive        |  Excellent     |  Good           |  20056
2030/31 |   £155m   |  Exceptional |  Extensive        |  State of Art  |  Great          |  30084

XaW - Knattspyrnufélag Fjarðabyggðar - 2024

5OmXb7Q.png

Before this season I had another look at the squad and try to create a new tactical approach. We had been leaking quite a lot of goals the last few seasons, so I changed it to 3 central defenders and wing backs and it seems to have helped increase our defensive structure as we concede a lot less than before. I managed to keep out attacking prowess as well, so things looked very good for the season. We started quite good and though we ran away from most teams, FH where never far behind us. We kept the top spot just ahead of FH towards the season, but then suddenly they started to lose points here and there, so I took a look at their team. No injuries or big sales, but a massive distraction were at least part of the reason. FH had reached the Europa League group stage! After getting knocked out of the Champions League qualifiers, they battled their way into the group stage. A massive achievement, and I'm quite jealous since they will have huge bankroll from that. In the end the distraction turned out to be too big for them and we managed to secure our first league title ever! We are headed into Champions League next season and I can only dream of following in FH's footprints. 

As every year the season started with the League Cup. We got past the group stage and beat Stjarnan and Akraness to reach the final. Here we lost in extra time to FH to become runner-up again. In the VISA Bikar karla we beat Vestri, Fjallabyggðar and FH before losing to Fylkir in the semi final. I'm still looking for my first cup win.

We also had another European adventure in the Europa League. In the 1st qualifying round we beat Sloboda Tuzla of Bosnia quite easily before barely scraping past Lechia Gdańsk of Poland on away goals in the 2nd qualifying round. In the 3rd qualifying round we drew Molde of my native Norway. A massive 1-0 away were followed up by a good 2-2 draw at home to progress. In the final qualifying round we drew giants Valencia of Spain. A narrow 3-4 loss at home were followed by another 4-3 on the Nuevo Mestalla. A very good showing and we really showed spirit in those games.

For the second season in a row we made money. Not a lot, but a bit. Hopefully, our try in Champions League next season will bring us even more money and push us into the black again. All attempts of improving anything are blocked because of the financial situation, so I'm capped until we make some more money.

This season we had a decent youth intake, with a couple of talents. The best ones are Oddur Ingi Grétarsson 24a and Heiðar Logi Ásgeirsson 24b.

J9wwXKf.png

Vikeologist's 2019/20 Taranto Season Report

Image result for taranto football badge

It was a season of two halves

The first half we gained 18 points from our 19 matches, and were deep in the relegation zone in a sophomore slump that seemed like it would never end.

The second half we picked up 47 points, and won (the half) by a country mile.

Unfortunately, the league isn’t split into halves, and we only finished 7th, only reaching the second round of the playoffs before being eliminated.

Hopefully next season we can carry on where we left off. We certainly can't afford to just keep on losing money like we are. Apart from anything else we need to be able to send coaches (especially me) on coaching courses and improve our facilities.

Squad -The terrible first half at least made me go all in on my youth players. Admittedly my final first XI doesn’t contain anybody from my two actual intakes so far, but there are 2 18 year olds from what I call the 0 intake, and my ‘first choice’ subs are all youth players. Once again, I will be releasing a lot of players over the summer, because my squad is far too big.

Top Goalscorer – Adama Diakite– 22 For the moment our main striker, but he’s coming under a lot of pressure, and I really need somebody who can score more than this.

Top Average Rating – Leonardo Del Zotti (YP0a)  – 7.40 One of the 18 year olds, hopefully next season he will add more goals to his solid performance this season.

Man of the Match – Adama Diakite – 6

MVP – Massimo Ricci (YP0d)     The other 18 year-old first teamer, this central defender is the best player at the club. Quite a few clubs want him, but he’s under contract for the next 2 seasons. Hopefully I can get him to sign a new contract soon.

Youth Intake Nicolò Bottero (YP2a) has had 5 starts already, and done well. It is tempting to toss one of my many promising goalies straight into the lineup. Santangelo did start one match straight away (because my first choice goalie was injured) but let in 3 goals as we lost in the first time in about 3 months. There are 4 youngsters potentially better than my mediocre starter, and they’re all dwindling away and not getting enough matches. I can’t get any of them out on loan. 

Postscipt - I've just watched Santangelo (2b) in goal for the U20s in the Serie C U20 Cup Final, and he's really not very good, no matter what his supposed current ability is. He was subbed half way through the second half, which I think was a good decision. We were 3-2 down when he was taken off, and we won 6-3 in extra time. I don't think that's coincidental. (I instant resulted his first team start, so this was the first time I've actually watched him). I'm going to need some solid evidence he's improved before I give him another chance in the first team, that's for sure.

Transfers The only loss of note was a midfielder, Giunta, who I stupidly let me DoF give a release clause to, and Lazio swooped in and picked him up for a paltry 195K while he was considering a new clause-less contract. I’m going to have to be more aggressive in tying my players to long-term contracts, but at least nobody else has a release clause, though quite a few are getting itchy feet.

Season	Division				Position	Notes										
18/19	Serie C/C				4th		Reached playoff quarterfinal.
19/20	Serie C/C				7th		18 pts in first half of season, 47 in second. Reached playoff second round.

Iceland and the elections.... I seem to get random philosophies each year as well. The last guy wanted me to make big buys, but luckily, it didn't matter much.

v3ADqvp.png

XaW - Knattspyrnufélag Fjarðabyggðar - 2025

5OmXb7Q.png

Champions last season, though somewhat down to FH's lack of composure in a hectic schedule, but I were determined to do it again. However, it turned out be a tough fight. FH didn't do as well this season, but KR, Stjarnan and Fylkir made up for it, especially KR had a great start and pulled from the get go. We caught up, but at the halfway point we lost our first good player when Benfica swooped in and bought Kristján Brynjarsson 23b for £140k. Not that I had any saying in the transfer, but when he left it left a bit of a void and we suffered for a while. We did get our baring back and in the end we retained the title, though only on goal difference.  We did really win it before the final game, but not mathematically. We faced KR who were 3 points behind, but we had vastly superior goal difference, so I think we would have to lose by 10 goals or so to lose the title. We did lose the game, but only 2-1, so the title were ours again.

As every year the season started with the League Cup. We won all games in the group stage and progressed through, then we beat Leiknir R and FH to reach the final. Here we beat Akureyrar to claim my first cup title! In the VISA Bikar karla we beat Akraness, Leiknir F, Þróttur and Breiðablik to reach the final. Here we got really unlucky and lost 0-3 to Stjarnan. They scored on their only 3 shots on target while we squandered chances left and right. We also had our first try in the Champions Cup, a sort of Community Shield thingy. We lost to KR 1-2. At least I won the League Cup.

In Europe we had our first go in the Champions League this season. We started in the 1st qualifying round were we beat Mladá Boleslav of The Czech Republic without much problems. In the 2nd qualifying round we drew FK Partizan of Serbia. We beat them 9-2 at home, yeah, 9-2 somehow... So we went through. In the 3rd qualifying round we drew Lechia Gdańsk of Poland, a team we knocked out last year. We lost 0-1 at home, but beat them with two goals away to go through. In the playoff we got a tough Scandinavian team in FC København of Denmark. We beat them 4-2 at home, with a bit of luck, but lost 6-3 in Copenhagen to get knocked out of the Champions League. However, this also meant we got into the group stage of Europa League! Here we got Stade Rennais of France, Rapid Wien of Austria and Krasnodar of Russia. We managed to beat Stade Reinnes twice and Rapid Wien once while losing the rest. We finished 3rd in our group, but only on goal difference. A very good showing from the youngsters.

We made lots of cash this season. About £2.5M from losing the Champions League playoff and about the same for entering the group stage of the Europa League. I've managed to get youth coaching improved as well as youth recruitment. The youth facilities are also being improved after the season. And I'm getting a new licence.

This season we a good youth intake, with a very good player! Hilmar Jóhannsson 25a is an amazing talent and I hope he can stay for a while and Andri Baldursson 25b is a nice looking defender.

kCYrgoB.png

20 hours ago, vikeologist said:

I bet your 750 attendance didn't even cover the goal bonuses.

Not the slightest! I really don't mid though, we got a lot of money from Europe last season, I'm working on something similar this season.

In other news, I just had two new players get their debut on the Icelandic national teams:

8XXxJTw.png

Arnar Már Sævarsson 22d has been our main right back the last few years. Not one of the ones I really thought would play internationally, but nice for him.

jEIgnWR.png

Now, Eysteinn Húni Ásgeirsson 22c I expected to go far, so it's no surprise he got his debut. 75 league matches and 42 league goals to his name already and I hope I can keep him.

XaW - Knattspyrnufélag Fjarðabyggðar - 2026

5OmXb7Q.png

To times champion and I hoped for another title. We started strong, but lost away to FH to let them take the top spot for a while. In the summer they hit a rough patch, and we pulled away and stayed like that until the end of the season. Three times in a row! We are finally becoming an Icelandic powerhouse. I'm rotating heavily now, since matches come very quickly. The Icelandic seasons go from May to September, and in that time we play around 50 matches, so very often twice a week. I'm working on building two 11s that I can rotate with, but I'm missing some more defenders. I had to change to a 3-4-3 to be able to utilize all my good strikers. I have an abundance of them, so that's the only way I can play everyone enough. Still, it's a luxury problem I'm happy to have. Some of my players are attracting the attention of bigger teams, and I might start to have problems keeping my best players the next season, but we'll see.

As every year the season started with the League Cup. We got past the group stage and beat Huginn and FH to reach the final. Here we smashed Fylkir 7-0 to retain the title. In the VISA Bikar karla we beat Fjölnir, Akureyrar, Berserkir and Valur to reach the final Here we beat KR after an overtime goal. Funny enough, we scored 4 goals in all our matches in this cup. In the Champions Cup we crushed Stjarnan 6-1. So we had a domestic clean sweep this year.

We had another go in Europe this season. In the Champions League we started in the 1st qualifying round were we beat Levski Sofia of Bulgaria. In the 2nd qualifying round we knocked out Sparta Praha of The Czech Republic before beating FK Partizan of Serbia. In the playoff we drew Basel of Switzerland. An amazing 4-0 at home gave us the lead we wanted and when we held them to 2-2 away were got through to the group stage! Here we got a rather tough group of Barcelona of Spain, Milan of Italy and Dynamo Kyiv of Ukraine. We lost the first 3 matches, one to each team, then we got the result of a lifetime when we managed to beat Barcelona at home! Totally undeserved, of course, but I'll take it! We lost the other game to Milan, but managed to beat Dynamo Kyiv in the last game to take the 3rd place in the group. So we went into the knockout stage of the Europa League. Here we got English side Southampton. They beat us comfortably in both legs to knock us out. Still, a very good European run for us.-

All that CL money! We got almost £12M just reaching the group stage! We improved our training and youth facilities this season and have another improvement accepted. The board are looking to build a new stadium, but so far nothing have been agreed. I've improved the youth coaching and recruitment as well, so hopefully we get even better youngster in the future. I've also gotten a Czech team as an affiliate so I might get some youngsters from there in the future. And I'm working on my licences of course.

We had a very good youth intake this season. The best ones are Rúrik Vilbergsson 26a and Aron Albertsson 26b.

emATltR.png

And we have another two international debuts:

axucWBm.png

Oddur Ingi Grétarsson 24a are one of my best defenders. Amazing mentals for his age. Lacking some prowess in the air, but we are working on it.

vxXB8Dl.png

Hilmar Jóhannsson 25a is an amazing talent! 34 goals and 29 assists this season says it all. He even scored on his Iceland debut!

Archived