FM18 Youth Academy Challenge

21 hours ago, Raffen said:

Considering trying to get Merthyr Town. I like the idea of playing a team based outside the country, so you get foreign regens. Does anyone know of any other possibilities within the rules? Maybe a Faroese team in Denmark? I suppose San Marino is possible now? 

I've seen people playing with teams from the Azores that pop up in the Portuguese league in previous years

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are the rules on resigning players that were previously sold. 2 of my previous young players have been released from the clubs that signed them - I have put in contract offers for them and about to go out for a couple of hours so hope that they accept when I continue the game, and it is given the go ahead

I personally feel comfortable doing so as they were brought through by me, but unsure on the rules.

ground_flint.jpg

FLINT TOWN UNITED - SEASON ELEVEN - 2028/29

Welsh Cup - League Cup

League Table:

Another title, this one was won a bit easier, we sem to be doing well against the other top 2 teams.

Champions League:

Our first venture in the Champions League and we made it into the Group stage, unfortunately we were handed a tough group but we will learn!

Transfers:

Once again some players left to go on loan.

Finances:

Champions League money makes all the difference plus being nearly £90,000 under my wage budget is good.

Youth Intake:

A mix of positions in this intake who could do something for us.

Best XI

Career Overview:

Season    League    Position    Welsh Cup       League Cup      Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes        Top Scorer
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19   WPL       9th         Semi-Finals     Winners         Poor                   Poor                 Minimal             Limited             N/A                       Bull (24) 
2019/20   WPL       10th        4th Rnd         3rd Rnd         Poor                   Poor                 Fairly Basic        Limited             N/A                       Smyth/Bull (15)
2020/21   WPL       5th         4th Rnd         1st Rnd         Poor                   Poor                 Fairly Basic        Limited             N/A                       Smyth (21)
2021/22   WPL       4th         4th Rnd         Finalists       Poor                   Poor                 Adequate            Basic               N/A                       Maxwell (YP19e) (31)
2022/23   WPL       6th         Semi-Finals     1st Rnd         Poor                   Basic                Good                Fairly Basic        N/A                       Maxwell (YP19e) (23)
2023/24   WPL       4th         3rd Rnd         1st Rnd         Basic                  Basic                Excellent           Fairly Basic        N/A                       Maxwell (YP19e) (25)
2024/25   WPL       4th         4th Rnd         2nd Rnd         Basic                  Basic                Excellent           Fairly Basic        N/A                       Howells (YP21c) (36)
2025/26   WPL       2nd         Finalists       Finalists       Basic                  Basic                Exceptional         Average             N/A                       Cheedy (YP25b) (34)
2026/27   WPL       2nd         Quarter Finals  3rd Rnd         Basic                  Basic                Exceptional         Average             N/A                       Davies (YP26b) (32)
2027/28   WPL       1st         Quarter Finals  2nd Rnd         Basic                  Basic                Exceptional         Established         League Winners            Mansbridge (YP24f) (29)
2028/29   WPL       1st         Semi Finals     Semi Finals     Below Average          Below Average        Exceptional         Established         UEFA Youth League Winners Cheedy (YP25b) (47)

2 hours ago, fairsy said:

What are the rules on resigning players that were previously sold. 2 of my previous young players have been released from the clubs that signed them - I have put in contract offers for them and about to go out for a couple of hours so hope that they accept when I continue the game, and it is given the go ahead

I personally feel comfortable doing so as they were brought through by me, but unsure on the rules.

Think we had this debate earlier on and the consensus was no signing of any players at all. If they leave then tough luck, you have to replace them with new youth players.

42 minutes ago, Britrock said:

Think we had this debate earlier on and the consensus was no signing of any players at all. If they leave then tough luck, you have to replace them with new youth players.

Cancelling this deal, when my defenders are crap was tough - but rules are rules!

5a3438254d101_JoeFairs_Inbox-9.thumb.png.a4bc4c42459d03abc8beef2633e40990.png

XaW - Malachians - 2020/21

220px-Malachians_badge.jpg

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

After we got promoted last season I took a look at the teams around us and I weren't that horrified by the level of skill. I think the Northern Irish teams are pretty close in terms of skill, especially since I won the league and headed into Europe this season. The season started ok and we had some good wins, but around Christmas we had an amazing run and were at one point more than 10 points clear of Ballinamallard United and Portadown. However, into the final part of the season, after the league split we had a horrid time. (It was after 18.2 was released, I guess my tactic don't work as well as it did). We lost a lot of matches and with a 4-0 away loss to Loughall in the final match gave Ballinamallard United the title by a single point. We were qualified to the playoff though and Portadown was our opponent. We lost 2-0 away, and could only manage a 2-1 at home, so we were close, but no cigar. I've started to theorycraft a new tactic I want to implement over the summer break, so who knows what will happen next season.

Over to the cups. In the Irish cup we got to the 5th round were we lost to top tier Glentoran. In the Northern Ireland League Cup we got knocked out in the 3rd round by PSNI. In the Country Antrim we got knocked out in the 1st round by Ballymena Utd. We won the Steel & sons cup again though.

We had a go in Europe this season and we started in the 1st qualifying round against Odds Ballklubb from my home country Norway. We got thumped 0-5 in Norway, but only lost 0-1 at home. A quick try in Europe, but they are far better than us to be honest.

The youth intake was once again amazing, and there are whispers of a golden generation. I can only hope, but a couple of the players are going straight into the main squad. The most impressing ones are Tony Spence 21I and Peter Dinsmore 21H.

We have had a couple of youth players really impress this season. Liam Getty 20L are our top scorer and have played amazingly this season. Gareth Boyd 19F has also established himself as a main choice for us and have done very good in midfield. Tommy Scates 20J are keeping his spot on the left back.

fZaO30P.png

East Kilbride F.C.

1DcC3uS.png?1

Season 2 2019/2020

First Team Squad | Finances | Transfers|Facilities

Season Review

Betfred Cup (Results) - Drawn in a tough group, I didn't expect much. An away defeat at premiership Partick kicked off the competition, we were not disgraced though. We managed to win our home games well and a 0-0 draw to premiership Queen of the South was enough for best runner up. In the 2nd round we drew St Johnstone and after an inspired come back won the game 3-2. In the quarter final we faced Hibs, they made light work of us and it finished 4-1. All these big games were at home and our 400 capacity stadium did not generate much money.

IRN BRU (Results) - We got through the first two rounds well and the wins helped the squads morale. With such a small squad I admit that in the 3rd round game against Montrose I fielded a weakened team, we did well enough but lost 2-1

Scottish Cup (Results) - A comfortable win against non-league opponents, set up a game against Dumbarton. A 1-1 draw at home earned us a replay and I knew that the winner would play Aberdeen away. We managed scrape through on penalties after drawing 2-2. The games against Aberdeen were great fun and knowing I would get serious money from the away fixture took the pressure off. Somehow we held them to a 2-2 draw and took them back to our place. This game went the distance as well and to my amazement we went 5-3 up in extra time. Somewhat anti-climatically we lost at home to Morton in the 5th round.

League (Final Table) - The board again expected the playoffs, so the pressure was on from the start. We had 3 away fixtures to begin, and had lost 2 of them when due to a cup fixture the 3rd got re-arranged. This allowed us a run of home fixtures and we won all three. This began a run of 8 games unbeaten. Our form dipped in the middle of the season and after to failing to win in 4 games, I was worried. However the squad bounced back in great style and we won 5 in a row. At this point it seemed like anything could happen in the season. We were in a strong position and wins against 2nd and 3rd cemented our position at the top. We faltered slightly at the end only winning once out of the last 5 games. We began the last game of the season knowing a draw would be enough. We only managed a 0-0 away at Berwick, which was very tense. After the final whistle we were confirmed as champions and this ended a great season for us.

Youth Intake

Another 'golden generation' intake for us. Overall much better personalities this time. Still very defence heavy but that is OK with me as this is our weakest area.

John Brown (YP02a) - Has ideas of being a right back but will definitely be trained as a centre back. Has a good chance.

Graham McArdle (YP02b) - Another centre back and is quite small so I intend to re-purpose him as a defensive midfielder as we are lacking cover in that area.

Graeme McLean (YP02c) - A good looking centre back, I would prefer more pace but at this level he will be useful

Craig Cameron (YP02d) - Our first 'target man' type player, he will be given a chance especially in games where his size could change a game.

Transfers, Finance and Facilities

So at the beginning of this season we lost Kenny Lawless (YP02c) to Kilmarnock, which was frustrating. However we moved on well from this. Annoyingly for me our star goalkeeper and key man is refusing to sign a contract and despite our promotion seems destined to leave.

The cup runs helped our finances a lot this year and the board signed off on another coaching course for me and our first training facilities upgrade. Following our league win the board have announced an expansion to our stadium from 400 to 917 costing £648K! So for our debut in League 1 we are sharing a local clubs stadium which is a bonus.

Next season

With us potentially losing our goalkeeper it will be tough, but with our performance in the cups against stronger teams and the fact only one team gets automatically relegated, I am hopeful we can survive next season.

hfordfc.jpg.eb22bde96dbe24d09704daa4904a

Hereford Season 10: 2027-28 - 2nd in League 2

Competitions: A great season for us as we adapted to league 2 very quickly and ended in second position. We were pushing at the top of the league right from the start of the season and battled with York for the top spot. Martin Sockett 4E once again led the line with 48 goals and 26 assists in 45 games. 

Finances: Our finances were plummeting in the first half of the season due to us upgrading from category 4 to 3 at the start of the season, and we losing money rapidly. I decided to sell Craig Mitchell 6C in January for 1.4m to help ease the finances, and we had a younger replacement coming through so I wasn't too worried about losing him. We also rejected a 1.6m bid for Dan MacLeod 7A at the end of January.

Youth intake: The highlights from the intake were Craig Forrester 10A, Luke Campbell 10B and Kevin McKenna 10C.

Transfers: As well as selling Mitchell, we sold two younger players in positions we didn't require to raise some funds.

Overall: Really happy with the successive promotions, interestingly York who finished top achieved successive promotions with us too. A lot of our players are rated as being good enough for at least league 1 too so I'm hoping we can keep the momentum going and maybe finish in the play offs. We're also getting a new stadium at some point, no other details though. 

I've just started in Scotland and my club's Under 20s are not showing. Before I get too far in - has anyone had this issue and does it eventually sort itself out?

I had an actual player (not a greyed out one) from my Under 20s even score in a pre-season friendly so the Under 20s has some players, there is just no way to view the squad or promote the players.

Will I be able to get a youth intake without the Under 20s showing?

XaW - Malachians - 2021/22

220px-Malachians_badge.jpg

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Playoff loss last season after a horrible end to the season, and I had hoped I could improve this one. The season started a bit slow as I tried to find out what our issues were and I think I have ironed it out. Some changed roles and instructions and we stared playing better again. However, Loughall started amazingly and had a lead of almost 20 points at one time and I changed by goal to a playoff spot in competition with Dundela, Larne and Portstewart. When the league split happened the Loughall had started to struggle and we were only 5 points of them after they had hit some horrible form. Portstewart and Larne were distanced by Dundela and us, so the playoffs were just about secured. Loughall continued to struggle and when Dundela also hit some poor form we took over the lead with 2 games remaining. We drew away to Larne in the penultimate game, but also Loughall drew so we were a single point ahead before the final match. We thumped Portstewart at home to clinch the title and promotion to the top tier! I've met a few top tier teams in the cups this season, so I'm confident I have a good chance to survive next season.

In the Irish Cup I hoped we could win it again, but we lost in the semis to Ballymena United. We also reached the semi final in the Northern Ireland League Cup, but lost to Crusaders. In the Country Antrim Shield we got to the quarter final before losing to Lisburn Distillery. The Steel & Sons Cup we won for the 3rd time in a row.

When we had our youth intake this season two things are clear; we had a couple of amazing players, and for the first time I would not sign up everyone. Jay Elliott 22A is an amazing player and is the best player at the club. Jack Matthews 22B scored a hattrick in his debut for us and are a very talented striker.

The most impressive youth players this season have been Conor McLaughlin 21F who bossed the midfield as our playmaker, our top scorer George McKenna 20F, and William Corrigan 20G who got his debut for Ireland U20.

fZ595Og.png

e783ae5951eb8cee23744125c36b3ed1.png

What a game this was! Still impressed and oh so proud of the boys. We managed to get a replay against Liverpool, our financial director is still dancing at Anfield I believe... 

Side note: Liverpool had only 4 players of the senior squad between the lines (interesting imo, didn't know FM did this), hope we can show them they shouldn't have underestimated us! 

26 minutes ago, Britrock said:

Kinda depressing to see people flying through the leagues and I'm here in year 4 happy that I'm not stuck in the relegation zone :(  Talk about small steps!

Some good progress being made though, @XaW @Sanno11 @TheWillsy Good stuff guys!

Thanks! But even though I'm in the top tier, the Northern Irish league is much much poorer than Serie C. In fact I just checked and in my game Serie C is ranked as the 69th best competition while the Northern Irish Premiership is ranked as the 73rd best. So yeah, we are not that good! :p

1 hour ago, Britrock said:

Kinda depressing to see people flying through the leagues and I'm here in year 4 happy that I'm not stuck in the relegation zone :(  Talk about small steps!

Some good progress being made though, @XaW @Sanno11 @TheWillsy Good stuff guys!

Thanks, but it did take me 4 years to get out of the Vanarama South and 5 to get out of the Vanarama national. Once things start to click and you've upped your average age a bit it can make a huge difference. Keep plugging away!

@XaW You're a lot braver than me going for Northern Ireland! Losing Jay Elliot looks a big blow :(. Already in the top tier though, congrats, think you can compete?

10 minutes ago, TheWillsy said:

@XaW You're a lot braver than me going for Northern Ireland! Losing Jay Elliot looks a big blow :(. Already in the top tier though, congrats, think you can compete?

I've fancied Northern Ireland for a while now, so this was as good a time as any to give it a go. I was really annoyed when I lost him, but I think we have decent players to take his spot. Not close to his skill, but good enough for the team. I'm doing well so far into the new season, but it's hit and miss for us this season. We can beat anyone when we have our day, but we can easily lose to anyone as well. My tactic is based on attacking, so we get caught quite a lot, even more because of the low skill for my defenders. I think this will improve as we get better talents and the ones we have keep developing. Cliftonville and Balymena United are running away up top, but we might have a chance to be part of the top half this season. 

18 hours ago, TheWillsy said:

Thanks, but it did take me 4 years to get out of the Vanarama South and 5 to get out of the Vanarama national. Once things start to click and you've upped your average age a bit it can make a huge difference. Keep plugging away!

That's good to hear, was worried I was getting stuck in a rut. I'm getting there with my attackers and midfield, I've got quite a few good ones coming through and I've retrained Raparo to play ML as that's essentially my second striker spot in my 4141. My defence leaves a lot to be desired though - I've scored the 5th most goals, but have the 3rd worst defence. I've blown countless leads including a 3-1 recently, but that's counteracted by coming back from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 in another game. At least we're interesting to watch!

19 hours ago, XaW said:

Thanks! But even though I'm in the top tier, the Northern Irish league is much much poorer than Serie C. In fact I just checked and in my game Serie C is ranked as the 69th best competition while the Northern Irish Premiership is ranked as the 73rd best. So yeah, we are not that good! :p

Hah, I knew NI football was bad but that's pretty mental. The European side of the challenge is going to take a while there I would imagine!

20 minutes ago, Britrock said:

Hah, I knew NI football was bad but that's pretty mental. The European side of the challenge is going to take a while there I would imagine!

Yeah. As you can see from my intakes, pretty much everyone is top tier quality potential since I've managed to get some small improvements to our youth coaching and recruitment.

Here it's the European bit that's the real challenge. I estimate that I will have the national league under a decent control within 4-5 years and then it's continental improvements that will be my main concern. If I do well there then I might the get the league standing improved enough to cause the other teams to catch up and help me compete in Europe. Though how many years that will take is anyone's guess. In FM13(or FM14?) some guys in here managed to do it in 15-20 years I think I remember. I'll try to do some other longevity challenges in parallel with this. I'll try to compete in @Jimbokav1971's scoring goalkeeper challenge as soon as I get one whom I think can be my main goalkeeper for the foreseeable future. Maybe even the Danny Roberts Challenge that @NepentheZ (the creator of this very challenge, if I'm not mistaken) made in the ancient days, if it's still around somewhere?

10 minutes ago, XaW said:

Yeah. As you can see from my intakes, pretty much everyone is top tier quality potential since I've managed to get some small improvements to our youth coaching and recruitment.

Here it's the European bit that's the real challenge. I estimate that I will have the national league under a decent control within 4-5 years and then it's continental improvements that will be my main concern. If I do well there then I might the get the league standing improved enough to cause the other teams to catch up and help me compete in Europe. Though how many years that will take is anyone's guess. In FM13(or FM14?) some guys in here managed to do it in 15-20 years I think I remember. I'll try to do some other longevity challenges in parallel with this. I'll try to compete in @Jimbokav1971's scoring goalkeeper challenge as soon as I get one whom I think can be my main goalkeeper for the foreseeable future. Maybe even the Danny Roberts Challenge that @NepentheZ (the creator of this very challenge, if I'm not mistaken) made in the ancient days, if it's still around somewhere?

I think it's not too hard to get som good players in N. Ireland. At least I've found a few gems from there in a Blackburn save where all british isles leagues are loaded. The problem, as always in small leagues, is keeping hold of them.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Love that GK thread. Just realised that Capolei has 8 for free kick taking, although I'm not brave enough to set him as my FK taker!

There is a takeover potentially happening at Championship side Dulwich Hamlet.......exciting, or nervous, times!

I lost Lee Bailey for £1m rising to somewhere near £3m, which will allow me to include youth and training facilities - but I can't do anything with the ground as the council keep blocking it - has anyone had any luck getting anywhere with Dulwich ground wise as know a number of people have used them.

I'm currently 19th in the Championship heading into December, but the bottom 3 are so far adrift that I'm very comfortably safe - Cardiff have won their last 2 games to move onto 16 points, but the bottom 2 have only won 1 game each this season  and I'm 12 points clear of the drop - after 1 point from my first 5 games

48 minutes ago, Raffen said:

Italy reset date is june 30th (same as last year)

I noticed in the first year there was an issue with the teams promoted from Serie D on the season summary page. A few of the teams that showed on there were still in Serie D. I had to go through each team in Serie C to find the teams that were actually promoted (look for those teams with no league history for 2017/18, they don't have any as they were in Serie D which wasn't simulated at all). And good luck!

My chairman just sold my future left back, Filipo Scarano (21b), for £110k. That's the first tag that I've lost and for a pitiful amount as well. He's not going to play for years as well as he's gone to a Serie B team and is only 16. He was going to be my starter next year probably. :( I spent this year training him up to play LB and he was training his left foot. All that for nothing :(

7 minutes ago, Britrock said:

I noticed in the first year there was an issue with the teams promoted from Serie D on the season summary page. A few of the teams that showed on there were still in Serie D. I had to go through each team in Serie C to find the teams that were actually promoted (look for those teams with no league history for 2017/18, they don't have any as they were in Serie D which wasn't simulated at all). And good luck!

My chairman just sold my future left back, Filipo Scarano (21b), for £110k. That's the first tag that I've lost and for a pitiful amount as well. He's not going to play for years as well as he's gone to a Serie B team and is only 16. He was going to be my starter next year probably. :( I spent this year training him up to play LB and he was training his left foot. All that for nothing :(

Hmmm... hadn't noticed any issues. But I just simulated fast, and reloaded until I saw San Marino in there. Didn't really do much else than add manager and save after that.

My Chairman decided to sell Neil Fisher 8A to Newcastle for 1.3m rising to 2.6m with clauses. Couldn’t even protest it.

Pretty gutted to be honest, I had brought him through to replace Craig Mitchell 6C who I sold last January, and he was probably my best young player. We’re looking pretty short in depth on the wings now , and (spoilers) I just had an FA cup clash away at Man Utd so we didn’t need the money. :(

3 hours ago, Britrock said:

I know how you feel. Just finished training my player to play in multiple positions in my team and he gets sold by my chairman. No back up players coming though the ranks. Grrrr:mad:

25 minutes ago, TheWillsy said:

My Chairman decided to sell Neil Fisher 8A to Newcastle for 1.3m rising to 2.6m with clauses. Couldn’t even protest it.

Pretty gutted to be honest, I had brought him though to replace Craig Mitchell 6C who I sold last January, and he was probably my best young player. We’re looking pretty short in depth on the wings now , and (spoilers) I just had an FA cup clash away at Man Utd so we didn’t need the money. :(

I was able to protest my best player leaving, and they said they would cancel the deal, but the deal had already gone through. Doubly annoying.

Alemannia-Aachen.png

Season 2 - 2019/20

League | SquadDynamics | Transfers  | Facilities | Finances

With our second season came a good improvement, a final 7th place is very good. In reality, there has been a big mid-table group for much of the season, so losing a few points here and there could have easily brought us down to the 13th. Luckily enough, it didn't happen. I had my first promotion in the first team to a few players (in Germany until they are 17yo they can't play in the league), and three of them are already good first team players, just an inch behind the more expert players. Only problems is that they were in roles already covered, whilst I have only a right winger and i lack a little on the full-backs.

All is good facility wise, a new youth recruitment improvement and a junior coaching upgrade make me hope for improved intakes in the next years, but as I feared, finances are in the red and, if I stay in this division, will continue to deteriorate.

Key Players

Kai-David Bosing - chosen in the 3rd division team of the year, versatile midfielder, not bad as an assist-man

Mergim Fejzullahu - the one and only right winger (or poacher if needed when playing a 5-3-2 TF)

Tobias Mohr - the other side.. in my simple 4-4-2, him and Mergim are a good asset for the team

Junior Torunarigha - I expected Hammel, but in the end the nigerian was our top striker, very consistent throughout the season. Hope he can continue this way next season...

First team breakthrough players

Rouven Leifeld - the most improved of the lot already became a valid alternative to the Fiedler-Pluntke couple, and a third first-teamer when playing a 3 defense

Raphael Braun - now he only needs to improve mentally/technically, and I'll have another Bosing, or better I hope

Nicolas Arend - versatile player, winger, shadow striker or running midfielder

Youth Intake

As I hoped, I'll have fun with second nationalities... apart from that, a good intake. Maybe I found another fullback in Lekaj and an always useful GK. Still no right winger (Ekinci and Diekmann do not give many hopes) while on the other side we have two potentially good players (Yildiz driven... I like). Still some unambitious players, but all in all it seems a good intake.

ground_flint.jpg

FLINT TOWN UNITED - SEASON TWELVE - 2029/30

Welsh Cup - League Cup

League Table:

Third title in a row, this was a bit easier than the previous 2 seasons.

Champions League:

Once again we made it into the Group stage, tough group again, 6 defeats but we didn't disgrace ourselves.

Transfers:

Finances:

With the Champions League cash we are improving the facilities.

Youth Intake:

A very good striker who signed for us and scored on his debut and became the clubs youngest goalscorer.

Best XI

Career Overview:

Season    League    Position    Welsh Cup       League Cup      Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes        Top Scorer
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19   WPL       9th         Semi-Finals     Winners         Poor                   Poor                 Minimal             Limited             N/A                       Bull (24) 
2019/20   WPL       10th        4th Rnd         3rd Rnd         Poor                   Poor                 Fairly Basic        Limited             N/A                       Smyth/Bull (15)
2020/21   WPL       5th         4th Rnd         1st Rnd         Poor                   Poor                 Fairly Basic        Limited             N/A                       Smyth (21)
2021/22   WPL       4th         4th Rnd         Finalists       Poor                   Poor                 Adequate            Basic               N/A                       Maxwell (YP19e) (31)
2022/23   WPL       6th         Semi-Finals     1st Rnd         Poor                   Basic                Good                Fairly Basic        N/A                       Maxwell (YP19e) (23)
2023/24   WPL       4th         3rd Rnd         1st Rnd         Basic                  Basic                Excellent           Fairly Basic        N/A                       Maxwell (YP19e) (25)
2024/25   WPL       4th         4th Rnd         2nd Rnd         Basic                  Basic                Excellent           Fairly Basic        N/A                       Howells (YP21c) (36)
2025/26   WPL       2nd         Finalists       Finalists       Basic                  Basic                Exceptional         Average             N/A                       Cheedy (YP25b) (34)
2026/27   WPL       2nd         Quarter Finals  3rd Rnd         Basic                  Basic                Exceptional         Average             N/A                       Davies (YP26b) (32)
2027/28   WPL       1st         Quarter Finals  2nd Rnd         Basic                  Basic                Exceptional         Established         League Winners            Mansbridge (YP24f) (29)
2028/29   WPL       1st         Semi Finals     Semi Finals     Below Average          Below Average        Exceptional         Established         UEFA Youth League Winners Cheedy (YP25b) (47)
2029/30   WPL       1st         Finalists       1st Rnd         Adequate               Adequate             Exceptional         Well Established    UEFA Youth League Winners Cheedy (YP25b) (43)

hfordfc.jpg.eb22bde96dbe24d09704daa4904a

Hereford Season 11: 2028-29 - 2nd in League 1

Competitions: We are really on a roll now, our third successive promotion as we finish second in league 1. We had an up and down start as we adapted to the league but then found our consistency and stayed in second for the majority of the season. In the FA cup we came up against Man Utd away in the fourth round, and this was a real welcome boost to the finances. We gave a good account of ourselves and went down 3-1, with them scoring their third in the last minute. 

Finances: The away trip to Man Utd was a real boost to the finances, which is really needed due to the money going into our youth system. The sale of one of our players by the chairman also brought in some cash (see below).

Youth intake: Not too sure how I feel about this intake, probably only Josh Middleton 11A will make it, but Lewis Morgan 11B and the brilliantly named Jasper Ezewele 11C could be decent. 

Transfers: The board decided to sell one of my best young players in Neal Fisher 8A, which was really disappointing to me and I couldn't even protest. £1.3m rising to £2.6m is good money for league 1, but this came right after our game at United which brought in about £1m itself. I also sold Craig Ward 8E in early January as we have good depth at centre back and he wasn't paying much. He looks a good prospect but I think we have better younger players coming through, and it was good money. We also received some massive bids for MacLeod 7A on deadline day, as high as £6m, but I was annoyed at the sale of Fisher and rejected them straight away. If I wasn't doing a youth challenge I would have bitten their hand off. 

Overall: Happy with another promotion, but the step to the championship is a huge one, and next season will be really tough. Although if we can keep Martin Sockett 4E, who scored 50 in 41 league games this season, I'm sure we will survive. Work has also begun on our 12,713 capacity, excitingly named "Hereford Stadium", due to be complete in 2031. Might need a couple of player sales over the next year or 2 to ease the financial worries that come with the loans. 

@danbhtfc Napoli, PSG & Arsenal is a brutal Champions League draw! Great for the finances though. Europe's going to be a tough nut to crack from Wales!

@TheWillsy Sockett looks like one hell of a player, no surprise he scored so many in League 1

p.s. if anyone is like me and sick of the horrific generated player faces this year, this tutorial from reddit shows how you can replace them with generic real life faces. I've used it for all my tagged players and they now look like this: Cipolletta (19a), Capolei (19b), Raparo (19d). The post has links to download a couple of facepacks to use so there are plenty of faces for you to choose from. All of my newgens were going bald or ugly as sin so this has made things much more interesting!

24 minutes ago, Britrock said:

@danbhtfc Napoli, PSG & Arsenal is a brutal Champions League draw! Great for the finances though. Europe's going to be a tough nut to crack from Wales!

@TheWillsy Sockett looks like one hell of a player, no surprise he scored so many in League 1

p.s. if anyone is like me and sick of the horrific generated player faces this year, this tutorial from reddit shows how you can replace them with generic real life faces. I've used it for all my tagged players and they now look like this: Cipolletta (19a), Capolei (19b), Raparo (19d). The post has links to download a couple of facepacks to use so there are plenty of faces for you to choose from. All of my newgens were going bald or ugly as sin so this has made things much more interesting!

But now they all look older. :D

Another absolute classic. Vicenza are already champions and I took a 3-0 lead in the first half. They pegged me back to 3-3 midway through the second half, only for Cipolletta to make it 4-3 in the 80th minute. They bundled an equaliser in for 4-4 in the 93rd minute, only for a penalty to be awarded to us in the 95th minute for a mental 5-4 win! :eek: The fans certainly get their money's worth out of us!

URLqzw5.png

Vis Pesaro 1898

logovis.png

2021/22

Another solid season. We hovered near the bottom all season, but I never felt relegation was likely at any point. We ended up in 13th place, our highest ever finish even though we had 3 points less than last year. The goal difference was markedly better this year as we conceded less and scored more. We even played pretty well in both halves of the season!

The squad (pt 2) is really coming together now, there are plenty of youth players coming through who are getting experience and blossoming into their roles. Of course there were no transfers in, but Scarano (21b) was sadly sold for a pitiful £110k. I continued the annual tradition of playing the last game with only tagged players, and for the second year running we lost 3-0.  Maybe next year!

There's been a lot of improvement made this year:

Sauro Raparo (19d) - retrained to ML and was dominant - the team's second highest scorer, second highest rating and third highest number of assists. Won player of the month for February as well

Alfio Capolei (19b) - played every game in goal, he's a solid player if not spectacular

Massimo Cipolletta (19a) - club captain and Mr Reliable, I love this guy so much. Every transfer window I worry he's going to leave but I'm going to enjoy him while he's still here

Antonio Buffa (18a) - realised that this guy was in the 2018 youth candidates (the year before I took over) so I changed his tag. He's a solid CB

Gioele Veglio (19e) - retrained to DM and manned the position solidly throughout the year.

The youth candidates weren't great this year, only a few standouts but they'll need retraining to new positions to be of use in my 4141:

Joel Kane (22a) - retraining to MR

Matteo Visentin (22b) - another MC to add to the team

Cristian Bertolazzi (22c) - Scarano's replacement as the future LB, hopefully he'll get to stick around this time!

Season best XIOverall best eleven | Season awards | Season stats | Season review

Overview

Season  League      Position  Cup                    Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Junior Coaching   Youth Recruitment   Achievements   Top Scorer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
18/19   Serie C/B   18th      Serie C Cup - Group    Below Average        Basic             Adequate          Average             Playout win    Sottovia (13)
19/20   Serie C/B   19th      Serie C Cup - Group    Below Average        Basic             Adequate          Average             Playout win    Sottovia (16)
20/21   Serie C/B   15th      Serie C Cup - Group    Below Average        Basic             Adequate          Average             N/a            Sottovia (12)
21/22   Serie C/B   13th      Serie C Cup - Group    Below Average        Basic             Adequate          Average             N/a            Sottovia (19)

images.png.ea306d5124a3417eec2370704e1bd889.png

SEASON 21/22 (2. Bundesliga Champions)

After 18 long years in the dark, TSV 1860 München is finally back where they (might) belong, in the german top tier; the Bundesliga. Despite a very shaky back line we were able to clinch the title with a healthy margin as Eugen Pawlowski and new partner in crime Henry Salz scored a combined 51 goals in the league. That, along with Cedric Brusts best season to date and a very promising first spell for youngster Dursun Yilmaz, was enough to seal promotion with four games to spare. Pawlowski shows no intent to end his subscription for the Lions (or league) MVP award, so it will be very interesting to see how he'll do in a grade A competition now.

This years youth intake. I signed most of them but will keep an extra eye on Andreas Elsen, Anil Babacan, Matthias Einsiedler and goalkeeper Patrick Mauersberger.

Transfers and Free transfers. The board actually accepted 10m€ bids for both Pawlowski and Brust in January but I was able to protest some reason into them due to our unexpected form and was also able to block a move from Leverkusen for highly rated prospect Bruno Colella. Having survived a full season without any unwelcome player sales almost rate higher than (and was probably pivotal to) winning the title. Our starting keeper Hendrik Bonmann didn't want to renew his contract and will be replaced by Enes Başaran who's been looking steady in the past two seasons and Jan Mauersberger has finally called it a day, which is both a relief and a little worrying at the same time since I frequently abused the former captain to convince unsettled youngsters to stay at the club.

Hence, our goal for the 22/23-campaign is to stay in the competition and nothing else. Pawlowski will be appointed captain and my biggest fear here is that he suddenly wants to leave himself, something that never would have crossed the mind of the ever content, comfortable old Jan. Five new players will be included in the First team match squad this season; Bruno Colella and Babak Bürkle who already are our best defenders by a mile, a promising Wing back in Dominik Freytag, striker Leo Pledl and midfield joker Samuel Breu. I will also be monitoring Giannis Alexandris who developed nicely at a good loan spell at Würzburg.

ground_flint.jpg

FLINT TOWN UNITED - SEASON THIRTEEN - 2030/31

Welsh Cup - League Cup

League Table:

We absolutely ran away with the title after winning every game

Champions League:

Thought we had a tough Group but enough to finish third and get into the Europa League, boy was I wrong, however Man Utd beat us in the knockout round.

Transfers:

Finances:

Finances are looking strong, facilities upgrading once again.

Youth Intake:

2 Faroese youngsters in this intake so had to sign them, couple of others could be good back up.

For those interested here is my main starting XI from this season plus the Assistant Reports on the player ratings

Best XI

Career Overview:

2029/30   WPL       1st         Finalists       1st Rnd         Adequate               Adequate             Exceptional         Well Established    UEFA Youth League Winners Cheedy (YP25b) (43)
2030/31   WPL       1st         Winners         Winners         Average                Average              Exceptional         Extensive                                     Cheedy (YP25b) (57)

League 1
As newcomers in the league I didn't quite expect to achieve these kind of results, but we actually just kept on going like we did last year. We've got a very solid first XI, that's clear to me now.  Most of them have been playing together for some years now and their hard work really pays off. We competed with Ipswich for the 1st place a remarkably long time, but nearing the end of the competition we had some kind of major breakdown. Too bad, but our goal wasn't to promote to the Championship in the first place so I wasn't really that sad about it. We finished 3rd, which meant play offs ofcourse. We lost our first game in the semi finals against Burton 5-1, for me personally the biggest disappointment ever in my entire FM-experieces I believe. Okay, I didn't think we'd win this one easily but this was just a disgrace. The return game was 4-1, our striker Bacon scored 4 goals. But in the end, we didn't achieve anything except a good game for the fans and almost giving me a heartattack & a bit of hope that it was still possible.  Couldn't be that happy about the end of our season, but still an impressive performance overall.

Cups
Our cup adventures were as impressive as the results in the competition, with wins against Championship teams Crystal Palace (FA Cup) & Charlton (Carabao Cup). Those wins made sure we got a few even bigger games against Premier League giants Arsenal (4-2 loss) & Liverpool.  Our game at Anfield was probably our best so far and something to be really proud of: we managed to draw (0-0)! Liverpool won the return, but that's no shame and was nothing but expected.  The good thing is: the best was yet to come...

The Checkatrade Paint Trophy! How we managed to do this is still a mystery to me, but we reached the final and won!  Especially the games against the -23 of Man City, with players as Embolo and Lozano, & Man Utd, starring Passlack & Mkhitaryan, were fascinating. Another trophy for our club!

Youth Intake - S5

The first intake of our new Spanish (and first) HOYD, but I'm not that impressed looking at the mentalities. He'll have to do better. Do kinda like the second nationalities tho.

Looking at the staff's reports we have quite a few talented prospects, but after a few months I still don't know what to think about some of them.  Don't know they'll be an improvement to our team, except for Cornhill ofcourse. Gift from god! Only 15 yo & already one of the best players at the club, maybe even the very best. He's the defender I've been waiting for, someone we can rely on. Wow!!!

Moving on Draper is imo the 2nd best of the intake, a profile we can use. Good personality & finally someone who is able to take set pieces, up until now we didn't have anyone for those.  James, who will be our back-up ML, & Doyle, who maybe has a chance to become our new second goalie, are very welcome. Cook, Martin & Stockdale on the other hand, don't know what to think of them, how they'll develop etc. They will have to compete & one of them will become 1st/2nd back-up for our strikers.

Various

First of all, credits to our Welsh striker Bacon, who keeps on playing tremendous. 48 goals & 11 assists this season, he's our main man once again. League topscorer for the second time in a row now. When will he get his first call-up for Wales?! 

Thanks to our good control considering the finances whe finally have some money now: around 2 mil. Next season our very own new  stadium (capacity: 5000) will be ready, but during the summer break we'll also be upgrading our facilities. We're able to finance all of that because of our cup runs, we gained quite some money in those fixtures.

Best news is that some of our players who were looking for a transfer for quite a while, don't feel like leaving anymore which is great news. Rayment signed a new deal until 2026, never thought he would change his mind after 2 seasons our so. Baldock signed until 2025 (+option). They will both be staying until those dates, whether they want it or not hehe

Last but not least: our Greek, full back Kerasidis has been rewarder for his good season & will be playing the EURO-21 with Greece! Best of luck to him

I bought FM18 yesterday, I’ve holidayed through two seasons in order to get the Italian team I wanted (and a million reloads :D).

What happens if you have players on loan when you join a club, do you terminate the them right away or allow them to run until they expire?

6 minutes ago, Gundo said:

I bought FM18 yesterday, I’ve holidayed through two seasons in order to get the Italian team I wanted (and a million reloads :D).

What happens if you have players on loan when you join a club, do you terminate the them right away or allow them to run until they expire?

Anything that was arranged before you joined the club can stay

38 minutes ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Anything that was arranged before you joined the club can stay

Super, thank you. It’s only an average fullback, probably won’t make any difference and I’ll still get relegated. :D

Archived