Sports Interactive Community
Chris!!

Beta long term-save

Anyone started their long-term save on the beta or planning to, or ya'll waiting for the full release?

i was going too but there just too many problems with the game right now, crosses, corners,high scoring games to only mention a few.The only thing to do right now is play easy mode with one of the top teams and mess around

I've started one. Only the retina bug (for mac) and translation errors + some UI stuff which isn't on point. But those things can be fixed in an existing game. Only for data updates you have to start a new game but it isn't bothering me that a data analyst of Rochdale has a wrong date of birth

S

4 hours ago, Chris!! said:

Anyone started their long-term save on the beta or planning to, or ya'll waiting for the full release?

The question is this:Are you going to use editor or not??If not start it now!!:)I will use it for adding lower leagues and leagues from smaller countries(Malta,Gibraltar) so i cant start until full release...

was going to ask the exact same question. Ive put it off for the time being but no real reason why. I may start tomorrow properly, unless SI confirm there will be a major change in something.

For me it depends how much I get into this save......whereas for FM17, I played 480 hours (up until last week) and was still in my beta save (11th season). Been a few bugs in this version, particularly my keeper(s) knocking the ball into the net a fair few times. 

Every year I have started a long term save with the beta. If I didn't start a long term save, and plan on continuing past beta, then I wouldn't be able to play. It just wouldn't hold my attention. So yes, as always started long term save with Newcastle. 

I used to start a long term during Beta but this year am just tinkering with the new stuff, trying to figure out the best way to use it, compensate for it or ignore it.  It's not stable enough for a long term save to not be damaged from the start right now (LLM is my long term save).

I've got a long-term save started.  I don't think there's anything yet that is going to make it not worth doing.  

Really wouldn't.

Search borja San emeterio..fede...there's loads of players missing from beta database.

I have started a save as York City FC in the National League North. I'm not sure if it's going to be my long term save or not yet. I am enjoying it though.

9 hours ago, Domathon said:

i was going too but there just too many problems with the game right now, crosses, corners,high scoring games to only mention a few.The only thing to do right now is play easy mode with one of the top teams and mess around

There's a high scoring games bug?

I was just thinking results seem to be quite realistic for me.

10 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

S

The question is this:Are you going to use editor or not??If not start it now!!:)I will use it for adding lower leagues and leagues from smaller countries(Malta,Gibraltar) so i cant start until full release...

You can add leagues by downloading the files and dropping them in the right folder (I used this for example for the thai league in fm17:

But maybe this works only for the official release. Not sure

Edited by Lorenz7

14 hours ago, Chris!! said:

In FM17, I was still playing my beta save almost right to the end. I felt FM17's beta was pretty close to full release, possibly because there wasn't that much of a change from FM16. 

This year's a different kettle of fish however. Lots of changes, and many of them need tweaking (or even overhauling), so I've decided the save I'm on  just now will simply be a 'beta save' and my main save will start post-release. 

6 hours ago, Sheep said:

I have started a save as York City FC in the National League North. I'm not sure if it's going to be my long term save or not yet. I am enjoying it though.

There's a high scoring games bug?

I was just thinking results seem to be quite realistic for me.

Theres no reason you cant enjoy your save, we all are i hope! Take a look over a the bugs forum theres alot of issues right now but all in all its a "fairly solid" beta release.

I always intend to but end up waiting. Last year I was impatient so started a career save on FM2016 while waiting for the full release of FM2017, ended up getting into it and yeah.... time played on 16 = 400 hours, 17 = 35 hours...

Never actually played 17 properly.

Edited by Robioto

3 hours ago, Lorenz7 said:

You can add leagues by downloading the files and dropping them in the right folder (I used this for example for the thai league in fm17:

But maybe this works only for the official release. Not sure

You are showing me the editor who is available with full release..I know how to add new leagues but i need editor...If you add fm17 editor data files in fm18 editor data it wouldn't work...

Edited by Sheriff7

I'm still unsure. I am impatient waiting for the full release, but I'm seeing so many things in the bugs forum that in a way is holding me back.  Therefore I am playing a 2 week save with Spurs to get a feel of the new features in FM18.  Come the day of the full release I'm gonna start a new longer term save.  (Plus I've ordered a new laptop that arrives this week, so I'll be testing out how many leagues I can run etc during the BETA ahead of the long term save)

Edited by Vinnyvagus77

While im quite sure i could start my long save in this beta (as i did almost all past years) i cant seem to do it. While the only non save compatible things are data updates, i would still feel some bugs could, and problably will influence my long save during the beta. For example, im not 100% sure, but transfers are super easy and i was able to get a top youth for really little. Im not certain that i could have gotten him if i started my save post release day patch.

That uncertainty, among many others i have, is putting me off playing the beta, tho im not as angry as many about the game and the UI. Im probably going to wait to play it, even im thinking about asking for a refund if for the next couple of days developers dont communicate about the concerns of the community. I dont want them to say the community is right, just to communicate, dont really care about what they say. 

But wouldn’t you rather them concentrate on fixing the bugs that have been brought up, rather then wasting time replying to forum users asking for a response? 

How much time do you need for one people to acknowledge in one sticked post the most known bugs, and reassuring us they are looking into them for the full release. Taking into account that the people on this forum/reddit are the same players that are playing FM for a long time, i think we deserve some info as we already know how beta and release day patch works, as i say, being in the dark about what SI thinks, or having to watch at every post they answer to see if they talk about something important, is my only gripe. I dont really like the UI for example, but i didnt like it in many other iterations and i just got used to it, we the community can be pricks but for me that doesnt mean we dont care about the game and that we dont deserve information.

I made an attempt to, but I found LLM is rather irksome with a lack of match action/goals. Most of the highlights (on extended) are a cross to near post, being fumbled behind. I think I'll hold fire