Sports Interactive Community

Hello,

I'm trying to enjoy this FM18 Beta, but seems it's impossible! i didn't think i have played 3 months (overall) because i have an annoying problem. Game, just stops to work, it's freezing a lot!!!!

You can see screenshot from my last issue. hardly i resist not to throw my laptop:))

Also, mentioning that i have played game also on SSD, but same thing, i have played with and without graphics.

I have an ASUS laptop with

CPU: i7-4710HQ

GPU: GTX 850M

RAM: 12GB DDR3

... and loaded just 6 leagues!!!

Some hints?

not playable.jpg

When it freezes does it not respond at all? Or if you leave it a while does it eventually come back?

Do you have any kind of anti-virus installed? If so, what type? Let us know, thanks. 

Hey, Neil.

Thanks for help:) So, no, it doesn't respond at all, and i can leave it like forever, but nothing will change:(

And about anti-virus, no, i don't use it at all:(

If you run the game in Windowed mode (change it via the in-game preferences) do you have the same issue? 

hey:) Yeah, seems that in Windowed mode it's okay - with no freeze, but i will keep it play in this way and i will announce if will be any issue!

Thanks!

Okay we've released an update 18.0.2, can you try again in this version and let us know how you get on? Thanks.

Yeah... New update, played 1 full match and in 2nd match, min 89... game blocked - Not responding:|

Edited by ClaudiuS

What camera mode are you playing in when your game gets blocked during a match? Or are you in 2D or Only Commentary?

Let us know, thanks. 

2D with Key highlights 

and if it's matter - Replays goals on TV camera

Does this happen if you run the whole game in 3D per chance? We're just trying to narrow down the cause for this one. Do let us know, thanks. 

It's just one time freeze on a match:), but i will try to check with 3d

and other thing - after this happens, when i tried to open again the game it's working like hell... in slow motion!!!

and now.... 3rd freeze in ... 1h?!?

Edited by ClaudiuS

and after 3rd...next is 4th.

Finished game, played in 3d...hit continue to leave the match... Freeze and not responding in Task Manager

Okay we're aware of an issue some users are having with the game encountering slowdown and occasionally freezing and we're investigating. Apologies you've encountered it in the beta.

Full Game - first, i think 4-5 hours, without an issue and...from nowhere, again Not responding:( 

After this, the only way to solve it -> end process from task Manager:)

Interesting thing, after i close game and try to open it again it's struggles, my CPU is on 100% and game is...awful, i can't do anything. Only a restart (or two) solve it!

Unbelievable.

After this, i start a new game and on 29 July...again Not Responding.

I don't find this very professional...but what can i do? nothing. 

Can you try uninstalling ASUS Power4Gear and see if it makes any difference? 

Let us know, thanks. 

Still happening, even if i uninstall Asus Power4Gear:)

And seems it's the same error: Football Manager 2018 18.1.1f1040318 (staging) and seems that many users are facing the same error:(

Is there a solution?

Edited by ClaudiuS

sorry to bump, but it's there a chance to have a playable game? Or i can forget and uninstall it?

new patch, same habbits!

Seems it's worthless for posting and playing. Anyway, i will not refund for this game, just because i have a long collection of FM and for past days, i will let this behind.

FM18 is dead, long live FM19 - maybe will work better!

I've uploaded Save Game, called ClaudiuS. Hope that you can find something:)

Also, after Mancheste United Game i have always Freeze.

Edited by ClaudiuS

When is it freezing for you now exactly? If you leave it, say for a couple of minutes does it ever respond? 

On 24 September, just when processing. Just one time i've passed 24 and on 28 Sept...another Not responding.

And it's do nothing even if i wait.

I will try to create a new game and see if anything will change...but if not, for sure i will delete game from PC.

Edited by ClaudiuS

It processes past those dates with your uploaded save absolutely fine. How long have you tried leaving it for processing on these dates? 

After uninstalling the game long time ago, i saw today that you've released another hotfix (1.8.3), decided to give one more chance...but....the same thing  Not responding - crash:(

Cheers!

Edited by ClaudiuS

Hello again;)

Just in case you are interested - i launch game with integrated graphics (Intel HD 4600) and i don't have any crash. nothing at all even if i play in Windowed or Full Screen, even if i browse on Internet or not.

it struggles a little on 3D start match, it's normal because it's a low graphics card, but i least i can play it!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!

Still with dedicated graphics card, much better than integrated one - nVidia GTX 850M i still receive those annoying crashes, so it's clearly an optimization problem with nvidia as i thought (and probably you knew it). Maybe, in future you will successes to solve it!

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your Nvidia drivers as shown here to see if that resolves the issue?

May also be worth turning off the Nvidia sharing as this could also be related - http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4228/~/disabling-the-geforce-experience-share-in-game-overlay

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

with first, yes;) i've unintall it, also i have the last update:)

I will give a try with turning off Nvidia sharing and i will come back with a feedback

Nop, still the same - Not responding;)

Switch to integrated video card;)

Hey, guys!

Seems that after 18.2 update, game it;s playable;) Glad you figure this;)

Edited by ClaudiuS