Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lorenz7

Do I have to start a new save game after the official release?

I like to play long save games. I'm not the type of player which can start a career to explore one season and after that start with a new team.
Now I'm in a difficult situation. I own the FM18 beta and I really can't wait to start my save game. (I've already started it but I'm only one official match far).
I really like the match engine, it's really improved. I also like the set pieces which seem to follow the instructions more than in previous releases.

The game is still in beta mode. So there are a lot of small bugs. I'm playing on Mac so I'm also facing the expected retina bug (blurry text), the regens do not have faces, a lot of language stuff is not translated (I'm playing in Dutch). Some UI things aren't on point (financial graphs, yellow cards showed twice, youth interlands showed twice, ...).

I know it's a beta so I'm not here to blame the creators. I'm confident that most of it will be fixed when the official release will take place.
The only questions I've left:

- Can Football manager (the creators) guarantee that I don't have to start a new save game or not to have the fixes?
- For the readers & creators: Are there already bugs reported which can not be fixed in an existing saved game which is started in the beta? (some wrong birthday for a player isn't an issue for me, only issues which are really game specific).

Thanks

Edited by Lorenz7

Now seeing this post:

So I suspect I can start my long save? :). Or does this only mean: yes you can go further with your save game but not all bug fixes won't be included.

Edited by Lorenz7

Any bug fixes will be included in the release version and do not require you to start a new game.  Any data changes that are included will require you to start a new save.  This is relevant for all game updates.