[FM18] AFC, A Chainsaw Massacre (2019-2036) // Basque Bonanza (2037-2040)

MarcxD

August & September 2039

kbbOQ1o.png

Fantastic results in the league, although the performances have been all over the place.. absolutely fantastic against Sevilla but not great in games against Vallecano and Tenerife. Very happy to get an away win against Real Madrid though. And then there's the CL, where we were just overwhelmed by PSV. Ouch. Not the most convincing of wins against Lazio either, but at least we got the 3 points.

YBI37Wf.png

100% record in the league, 6 points lead, and 7 on the first real competitor in Atletico, most likely.

zjLpQ16.pngnbxtDNO.png

100% score in the manager of the month awards so far!

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

November 2039

ec9AfJU.png

Well, what can I say? Another fantastic month, perfect this time. 3 5-1s, twice in the CL including revenge on PSV.

Sbjcpoa.png

12 points lead... the big clubs are failing this year... so far this is like the easy Eredivisie seasons.

Too early to start dreaming of an unbeaten season perhaps.

LcfTHzW.png

Four in a row.

December 2039

dJNFWLP.png

Dropped a few unnecessary points but otherwise a good enough month and a strong finish to the CL group.

RS1RPnr.png

Still 12 points in the lead, on Real Madrid now. Look at Atletico. I would think their chairman feels a bit silly now firing Carille last season after finishing in second.

Talking about that chairman and sackings....

9q8Uysl.png

He did it again, and I was one of the favorites for the job. I told the press I had no interest though.

6CGS3V1.png

Shortly after I got this message. Going to Porto and the Portuguese league would be a slight step down, but I wouldn't necessarily mind going there at some point.

KN659AW.png

A bit of a boring appointment, but Inter needed a new manager...

rW9BfTl.png

and of course I was linked with it.

9c7mLeY.png

I also got linked with the Valencia job which surprised me at first since that club has a lower reputation than Bilbao, are much lower on the league obviously so why would I go there?

IDNV4Mm.png

I guess this has something to do with it...

8VrD1oj.png

In the end I won the CL group and PSV will accompany me in the knockout rounds.

3qHyDWS.png

Roma is next, an opponent I haven't played much yet in this career. All Dutch teams made it to the knock out rounds again and you might notice that Manchester City didn't even qualify!! 

LHbY23M.png

A bit of a downturn!

yCw8MBq.png

Another one of my players won the Golden Boy, but once again his great stats are mostly thanks to his performance in the B team in the Segunda B last season.

rCbMm7E.png

January 2040

HQlJ723.png

Very busy January with 4 cup games, actually winning them this season! This month includes a 5-1 win over both Barca and Real Madrid...

t3Gkjgc.png

15 points gap!

3HhnZDr.png

After missing out last month here is the fifth manager of the month award this season.

hOPutvU.png

Didn't sell anyone but loaned out some more players, Vera was loaned out to Betis (Hispalis) bit didn't really play a lot there so I recalled him and I loaned him out again. Getafe is paying more per month and have said they would use him as a first team player so a better deal all around.

February 2040

GkLEgiM.png

The goals stopped pretty abruptly this  month although mostly the team managed to get the points over the line. No longer an unbeaten season in the league though.

B0Iq3tx.png

Still 17 points in the lead.

E1seDzD.png

Had another milestone this month.

Youth Intake 2040

7e4vxdU.png

No immediate superstars, but a pretty wide range of decent players.

xueqqcK.png

Some good stuff here, and a professional mentality. AMR is a hotly contested position though.

1Utq3dp.png

GK less so, and a lot of good things here.

March 2040

VTdSBhw.png

More convincing wins last month but a shock loss was a poor way to finish it. At least we beat Roma and through to the CL QF's.

hdRhlA3.png

Another Italian opponent in AC Milan there, while Dutch clubs AFC and Feyenoord have made it through as well.

0Qs7amz.png

Despite the loss the lead is now 20 points... One more win and we are champions. Poor opposition really this season.

6umEiCC.png

Another manager of the month award.

April 2040

6f1j9eV.png

Fantastic April started with a great win in the CL which was just enough. Couldn't win the title at home against Atletico to win the title but did that against Celta later. I also played the final of the cup which we won 7-1!!! And the first leg of the semi-final against PSG (again...) and we won, but barely and 2 away goals for them. It will be a tough ask to keep them from winning at home.

PDRuNdc.png

AFC play in the other semi-final so a dream final could still happen although Real Madrid won the first leg.

6qQBut2.png

21 points!

q2HLS70.pngbjPrCHf.png

sKrFTWX.png

Another manager of the month award as well.

Champions League Final 2040 -- Bilbao vs. AFC

The final of finals... it's fantastic to get this, a CL final against the club I helped build. I almost feel bad for wanting to beat AFC...

0nQE2CS.png

And we did! It was ridiculously exciting, going behind and it staying that way for most of the match even though we had quite a few chances. Did manage to get the equalizer and quickly in extra time that 2-1.... oh wow. 

5 CL finals played this career, won 2. AFC now have played a total of 4, won 1...

emvytl1.pngz8HIo97.png

7iFHsm4.pngpxPhNQJ.pngUFcyrMm.png

:D:D:D

16 hours ago, Timetxu said:

This is truly epic. I mean, just close this thread. Seal it. This is it. Build up a team to be the biggest in the world, then take another one to beat them. That's just child massacre, meta stuff and all. 

Thank you man, you've got a point.

15 hours ago, adamdfry said:

That was written in the stars :eek:

:D

14 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Top work mate. :applause:

Cheers!

13 hours ago, Dexter_Morgan said:

Amazing how you've built such a great team again :applause:

A lot of luck with the great young players at the club, but thank you!

13 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Amazing season with a dream CL final. I'd agree with @Timetxu that this is a great place to finish the story. Bravo! :applause:

Definitely a thought I had, it would be impossible top it. 

7 hours ago, john1 said:

Amazing!! :cool::applause: 

7 hours ago, kidthekid said:

:applause:

Thanks guys!

Season Review 2039-2040

0LdaU0V.png

Perfect season, winning all the trophies possible, beating AFC in the CL final, winning the league with a lead of 24 points and beating Atletico in the Cup final 7-1..... dream season, but there's no way topping it.

Let's get into the awards as usual:

uxGNQ8D.pngl3UBImE.pngk1cXhrd.pngqV5EWed.pngsX6ITxR.pngS4sNV1u.png

Bilbao players heavily populating the team of the year, players of mine won player of the year, talent of the year and GK of the year.

u0mzLEr.png0z9oNMF.png

Quite like last year I used a relatively small squad but rotated them all a lot with good results.

As usual there were some manager movements at the end of the season.

CymnSbU.pngbAhvCeY.pngOWC468o.png

1 minute ago, Deisler26 said:

Prachtig! 

You have to finish there. Where else can you go?

Bedankt!

See my next post... (which I had mostly written when I clicked to see your comment and then it was gone. Should probably write a few paragraphs wondering if it's all worth it now)

THE END

0QiKKaM.pngq5E5IN4.png

There simply was no way of topping last season, so I decided to take @Timetxu, @oriole01 and @Deisler26's advice and resign. I have won every domestic trophy in Holland and Spain at least once, won the CL once with both AFC and Bilbao, won the Supercup and Club World Cup with AFC, and won every international trophy with the Dutch national team. There's no unfinished business. Besides, there have been other saves I have been wanting to do for a while now, so this gives me a great opportunity for one of those. Stay tuned...

This is my manager profile at the end of the career:

aPm6LG8.pngZBKkqV9.pngiP2E4me.png

At the same time, I will not be deleting the save file and never looking back. I am going to holiday at times, just to see what happens to AFC and Bilbao (like what the next manager does with this transfer budget), the full careers of Sam Vos, Iñaki Torres, etc. Might post that stuff here if anyone (besides me) is interested in that.

Anyway, thanks for reading everyone, I had a lot of fun this save and hope you had fun reading :)

2 hours ago, MarcxD said:

THE END

0QiKKaM.pngq5E5IN4.png

There simply was no way of topping last season, so I decided to take @Timetxu, @oriole01 and @Deisler26's advice and resign. I have won every domestic trophy in Holland and Spain at least once, won the CL once with both AFC and Bilbao, won the Supercup and Club World Cup with AFC, and won every international trophy with the Dutch national team. There's no unfinished business. Besides, there have been other saves I have been wanting to do for a while now, so this gives me a great opportunity for one of those. Stay tuned...

I feel a bit like the Grim Reaper now, but well done on a brilliant career! Very much looking forward to your new adventure!

6 hours ago, MarcxD said:

THE END

0QiKKaM.pngq5E5IN4.png

This is my manager profile at the end of the career:

aPm6LG8.pngZBKkqV9.pngiP2E4me.png

At the same time, I will not be deleting the save file and never looking back. I am going to holiday at times, just to see what happens to AFC and Bilbao (like what the next manager does with this transfer budget), the full careers of Sam Vos, Iñaki Torres, etc. Might post that stuff here if anyone (besides me) is interested in that.

Anyway, thanks for reading everyone, I had a lot of fun this save and hope you had fun reading :)

THis was incredible. My first thread I have read, it was awesome. Thank you, can’t wait to see what’s next

7 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

Sad to see this end, although my interest kinda flickered away when you took control of Bilbao. Hope to see another great career soon!

All good things come to an end :) Hope you enjoy the next one, although there will be a connection with the Bilbao period... 

3 hours ago, SmileFaceGamer said:

THis was incredible. My first thread I have read, it was awesome. Thank you, can’t wait to see what’s next

Appreciate it man, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived