[FM18] War! Huh! Waalwijk It Good For? Absolutely Nothing!

Deisler26

2019/20 Eredivisie Playoff First Round, Second Leg

20 May 2020

2045hrs, De Vijverberg, Doetinchem

RKC Waalwijk 1 2 De Graafschap (RKC lose 4-2 on aggregate)

4 strikers down, first choice DL and MC suspended... Let's see how we get on..

5a1caa2faed88_ScreenShot2017-11-28at00_13_17.thumb.png.a7a60976d8786f37315860ac96f9eb3b.png

Fu*k this, man.. :(

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

200px-RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk 

2019/20 SEASON REVIEW

Welp. At least this year's heartbreak was relatively mundane. A third playoff defeat in a row and we have some serious soul searching this season. I signed a new contract with just a week to go on it, but because of the splurge on Sherel Floranus, we had no money for any upgrades to youth coaching or recruitment :(.

Final Table

Results

End of Season Awards: Quite how Rooney made it in there over some of the rookie that came in, I don't know

End of Season Review: That 0-5 was so weird though. God knows what happened there.

Player Stats (not including playoffs)

Let's hope this season can be a better one overall.

9 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

2019/20 Eredivisie Playoff First Round, First Leg

13 May 2020

2045hrs, Mandermakers Stadion, Waawijk

RKC Waalwijk 1 2 De Graafschap

For the third year in a row, we'd made the playoffs. After last year's horror show, I was desperate to at least put up a good fight in this year's playoffs. However, a broken ankle, damaged cruciate ligaments and a sports hernia put paid to three of our top four strikers.

But to start at home was a good thing. Also we were looking to get rid of the bitter taste of the 0-5 defeat to today's opponents De Graafschap. The roar of the crowd seemed to galvanise the team as we walked out and I told them that we had the talent to win and to go out there and win.

Almost immediately, we lost another striker. Chuma went up for a header and came down with a concussion. Striker #4 down. We were battling hard and outplaying De Graafschap. On 41 minutes, a deep cross from the right beat everyone apart from Tahith Chong. However, he ballooned it over when it seemed easier to score.

Half time came and we'd only allowed two shots on goal by De Graafschap. I encouraged them to keep going and sent them back out.

We started the second half much the same way as the first. Controlling the play and attacking at will. We then lost a FIFTH striker to injury. Bilal Ould-Chikh was the victim this time.

By 75 mins, we'd limited them to 3 shots overall and we'd more than trebled their shots and SOT. However, a deep cross from the right on 80 minutes led to them scoring a header from a VERY tight angle. 0-1. However, we finally broke through their defences, just two minutes later. Yassin Fortune, the man who had stepped up in Ambrose's absence knocked the ball in from another good cross from the right. 1-1

But it wasn't to be, as for all our attacking, we were undone as a ball from the right found their striker with the freedom of the penalty area and he slotted home on 89 minutes to make it 1-2 & complete a smash-and-grab raid and give us a mountain to climb away from home. There was still time for Daan Rienstra to see red for a second bookable offence to really compound our misery...

You need a miracle hope you get one or two strikers back before the 2nd leg. 

2 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

RKC Waalwijk 

2019/20 SEASON REVIEW

Welp. At least this year's heartbreak was relatively mundane. A third playoff defeat in a row and we have some serious soul searching this season. I signed a new contract with just a week to go on it, but because of the splurge on Sherel Floranus, we had no money for any upgrades to youth coaching or recruitment :(.

Final Table

Results

End of Season Awards: Quite how Rooney made it in there over some of the rookie that came in, I don't know

End of Season Review: That 0-5 was so weird though. God knows what happened there.

Player Stats (not including playoffs)

Let's hope this season can be a better one overall.

In my Man Utd, Smalling was named at the Team of the Season as AMC, so Rooney is totally credible :p

And good luck next season, hope you finally breakthrough eredivisie.

Cheers,
Bitner 

RKC Waalwijk 

AUGUST 2020 TRANSFER WINDOW

After the heartbr.. no, sorry, can't keep writing the same old story. This season we MUST get promoted. Must. Same rules apply. Must make the Jupiler League Playoffs, must make KNVB Beker Third Round. All with a £167k budget (which we can't add to through player sales) and a £44k wage budget.

However, constant badgering of our skinflint chairman saw us nab a Youth Recruitment upgrade which amazed me. And we snared a nice little windfall from a sell-on of a youth player.

Results 

We kicked off the 2020/21 Jupiler League season away to FC Emmen. And what a start we had. Recently-signed striker Yassin Fortune nodded home inside the first minute!! 1-0!. And ten minutes before the break, Thierry Ambrose, recently recovered from the broken ankle that kept him out of the business end of last season, tapped home after the keeper spilled a fierce Shomaker strike to make it 2-0. Sadly, we conceded a minute after HT and then again in the 92nd minute to leave with just a share in the spoils.

Next up was our home opener vs FC Eindhoven. Chances were few and far between in this match and it wasn't til new signing Sam Hendricks popped up on 82 minutes to stab home from close range to make it 1-0 that the game came alight. Only in the wrong way as AGAIN we conceded a 92nd minute equaliser as FC went back to Eindhoven with a point after a 1-1 smash-and-grab.

Next up was away in Amsterdam to Jong Ajax. Despite going 0-1 down midway through the first half, we responded well in the second half with goals from Thierry Ambrose (74 mins) and Erwin Shomaker (82 mins) to see us leave with a 2-1 win and all three points.

Our next game was just two days later and a much-changed side and formation led to a stiflingly boring 0-1 defeat at home to SC Telstar.

We were back on song next match as, using the last game's defeat as fuel, we ran riot. Finding ourselves tied 1-1 with Go Ahead Eagles at the half, as Thierry Ambrose's strike on 35 mins was wiped out by a dubious penalty given in first half ET. I laid into them and Thierry Ambrose in particular caught fire and proceeded to fire a second half hat-trick to give him 4 on the night and us a 4-1 win.

- Results - Table -

Transfers

I was very conscious of not overloading the side with new signings. So, imagine my horror, when preparing for Shomaker's departure, I'd let his replacement go on a free transfer. I immediately swung to snap defensive midfielder Nikki Baggerman back up on a free. I managed to pick up a Dutch full back released from AFC Ajax Amsterdam, Mauro Savastano and also a backup striker on an Amateur contract, Sam Hendriks.

We also managed to swing the signing of Yassin Fortune on his release from Arsenal. He didn't want to join for a while, but flattery and keep trying saw us get the chance. But it was an expensive get. He's on £4k p/w, with 50% wage increase and a non-promotion clause of £500k. We need to get promoted...

Sales-wise, we lost full-back Mohamed Mezghrani to FC Emmen for £90k after he came demanding an out. Next, I negotiated a £125k + 50% fee with sc Heerenveen for youth striker Anton de Vries. It was a good deal at the time and hopefully will make us some money down the line. Staying on the subject of youth player exits, a £500k +50% sell-on fee was negotiated with Feyenoord Rotterdam which saw midfielder Jeffrey Clement leave.

The last and worst exit was recent signing Dan Crowley. The midfielder had a £475k non-promotion clause in his contract and SBV Excelsior took advantage of us. I couldn't reject it, but I could shoehorn in a 50% sell on clause.

- Transfers

15 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

The Data Facility upgrades are nice, cheap and go through instantly rather than end of season.

Is there a noticeable change or do you have to build them up over time, my current club levels a really poor. I haven’t attempted to upgrade them because I don’t think I’ve ever used them. 

4 hours ago, SpikeHughes said:

Is there a noticeable change or do you have to build them up over time, my current club levels a really poor. I haven’t attempted to upgrade them because I don’t think I’ve ever used them. 

Like B2B says, you don’t really need them.. BUT I have very much enjoyed being alerted to the top goal scorer in Dominos League 2 or #2 in clean sheets in the Allsvenskan.

RKC Waalwijk 

JANUARY 2021 HALF-SEASON REVIEW

Well. erm.. There;s not much to say so far.... We are DOMINATING this league, So let's take a look at the dropped points shall we?

First up was A 1-1 draw with Jong AZ Alkmaar on 18 Sept. Teenage phenomenon Maarten Groenveld put us in the lead after 24 minutes, only for Jong AZ to come back less than five minutes later and tie things up. The stats actually were in Jong AZ's favour by the end and we can feel slightly fortunate to get a point. 

Next loss of points was an October 2-2 draw with FC Den Bosch. A long ball from the back saw Yassin Fortune beat out the defence in a foot race and finish inside the near post to make it 1-0. However, the Jupiler League's leading scorer popped up with a brace to put us 1-2 down at HT. We were unable to manufacture a way through, until a deep cross from backup right back Patrick de Koeing was met by a downward header from Yassin Fortune. The header beat the keeper, but bounced off the post and there was Maarten Groenveld to stab home on 89 minutes to give us the draw.

Finally, we dropped points in mid January to SC Telstar. A first half goal from Thierry Ambrose and a goal midway through the second half by Maarten Groenveld saw us winning comfortably. Then we hit the self-destruct button. Telstar clawed one back on 83 minutes. Then proceeded to tie the game up on 88 minutes. Annoying. However, Thierry Ambrose stabbed home a wicked cross to put us 3-2 up on 90 mins. But, there was still time (somehow?!) for Telstar to equalise in the 95th minute to make it a 3-3 draw.

And that's it. Just the six points dropped from September-February. Slightly boring now lol. However, it's because of my main man, my teenage starlet Maarten Groenveld.

- Results - Table -

Transfers

With us doing so well in the league, I didn't particularly want to rock the boat. So I signed Norwegian striker Christer Woldsødegård for £80k from Sandefjord Fotbal and took Sunderland AFC striker Joel Asoro on loan. These would be to cover Groenveld's position, should he suffer another big injury (fingers crossed, not)

One of those who left the club was Norwegian fullback Are Gellein. He was playing left back in a rotational aspect for me, but FC Twente Enschede came up with a £400k bid (rising to £600k with add-ons) + 50% sell on. A great deal for a player I got for free. Next to leave was young striker Jan Roeffen. He took up the reins when Groenveld did his cruciate at the back end of last season and scored 7 in 11 appearances. Sadly, he had fallen in the pecking order and a £50k + 50% sell on from Eredivisie side PEC Zwolle was good business.

Finally on deadline day, we lost another two youth prospects. Nilton Santos to PSV Eindhoven for £135k (rising to £250k w/add-ons) + 50% sell-on and Vincent Schouten who made the move to SBV Vitesse Arnhem for £120k (rising to £215k w/add-ons) + 50% sell-on.

That's a lot of goals, especially considering he's not really that good  (I think, hard to judge the level of the Dutch second division but I don't think it's that different from the Belgian one and he wouldn't be a top striker there). 

There's a lot of talent to be picked up for free as well, if your scouts are lucky enough to spot them. The Norwegian guy looks potential class too!

RKC Waalwijk 

2021 YOUTH INTAKE

Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 16.29.07

FULL INTAKE OVERVIEW

Urgh. Two of my best three players in this intake are wingers. I'm gonna fire my HOYD and get a new one. The M/AMC will be retrained as a MC (DLP) so I can eventually replace Rienstra, but other than that, nothing has come through this intake that I wanted. I know it sounds off, but I want to start getting these youngsters into the side and, bar Van Hovren, none of them can. Plus, with the holy trio up front and the Norwegian as backup means that I can't retrain them as strikers.

Key Prospects

1. Ryan Van Hovren M/AMC
  2. Rewien Laazizi AML
  3. Mohamed El Bakkali AMR
  4. Mourad Bennis AML
  5. Dirk Stevens DC

RKC Waalwijk 

2020/21 SEASON REVIEW

YES. FINALLY. We utterly romped to the title this season. Seemed like we took all of our disappointments over the last three seasons and channelled them into a record-breaking season!

Final Table

Results

Cup ResultsOur great run was ended in dramatically unlucky fashion in the Semi Finals (Can I lose any other way??)

End of Season Awards: Surprised Baggerman's title winner wasn't Goal of the Season

End of Season Review: That 0-1 was just a blip in a near-perfect season.

Player Stats

RKC Waalwijk 

2020/21 JUPILER LEAGUE AWARDS NIGHT

The awards we got at the end of the season need their own post this season..

Maarten Groenveld won the Jupiler League Top Goalscorer Award and broke the RKC single season scoring record.

Thierry Ambrose won the Jupiler League Player of the Year and broke RKC & Jupiler League season records for assists.

Erwin Schomaker won Jupiler League Young Player of the Year.

Peter Leeuwenburgh broke the RKC single season record for clean sheets.

and I picked up Jupiler Manager of the Year

Archived