Sports Interactive Community
Deisler26

[FM18] War! Huh! Waalwijk It Good For? Absolutely Nothing!

coming-soon.jpg

Edited by Deisler26

Just a few more hours...

200px-RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk 

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 02.16.19

Well, he's back! Abraham Managervich is back managing RKC Waalwijk. Another year older, not sure if he's wiser though! Social media seems happy though!

SquadWell, it's not terrible. However, from my experiences on the beta, I know some just aren't cut out for my ideas so I'll look to sell them as soon as possible.

Squad Report: No money, but players. So that's comforting. I guess...

U-19 Squad: Couple of defensive midfield gems there, which I'll train up for the Segundo Volante & Carrilero roles

Tactics:  This formation served me adequately in the beta, however FM18 deleted all my tactics so I have to remember what the TI's were...

1 hour ago, withnail316 said:

Best of luck with this again, man.

Cheers dude

1 hour ago, DodgeeD said:

Best of luck Abe!

Cheers

Can't wait for this! I'll be sure to start as RKC on FM18, when I can finally pull myself away from my FM17 save with them!

Good luck!

Good luck man!

Interesting tactic you've got there with the new player roles, I couldn't quite get them to work so hats off to you.

2 hours ago, ITFC_Blue said:

Can't wait for this! I'll be sure to start as RKC on FM18, when I can finally pull myself away from my FM17 save with them!

Good luck!

Thanks man, likewise!

You should go out and see a game. They are so friendly.

1 hour ago, MarcxD said:

Good luck man!

Interesting tactic you've got there with the new player roles, I couldn't quite get them to work so hats off to you.

It seems to be the best way in covering the areas, IMO

Oh FFS..

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 13.01.42

He's my best DC...

Edited by Deisler26

Let's look at the new features, eh?

Scouting: 

To be honest, I don't really understand the new scouting setup. It's a bit over-complicated for me. So, I've kept it simple. Left to my Chief Scout and cancelled the main scouting package. I have no need for 'older' players and I'll be trying to build through my youth system, so I put the remaining scouting cash into scouting youth throughout the Netherlands

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 13.22.23

Dynamics:

OK, this was an area I *really* struggled with on the beta, so let's hope things go more smoothly..

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 05.35.50

Got some work to do here. My pre-season training will consist on Team Cohesion on High. This will hopefully help the first bar to improve. The second will come with pre-season games and hopefully a few wins will prove the third.

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 03.42.48

Here's the hierarchy tree for the team. Best not to upset Greene or Mulder eh?

1 hour ago, Deisler26 said:

Thanks man, likewise!

You should go out and see a game. They are so friendly.

That is my aim at some point in the future, would love to go see a game! 

3 minutes ago, ITFC_Blue said:

That is my aim at some point in the future, would love to go see a game! 

pitch 2.jpg

pitch.jpg

They let me onto the pitch while the coaches were training.

Edited by Deisler26

Just now, Deisler26 said:

pitch 2.jpg

pitch.jpg

They let me onto the pitch while the coaches were training.

Nice! Who did you watch them against?!

6 minutes ago, ITFC_Blue said:

Nice! Who did you watch them against?!

FC Volendam. We lost 4-1, but it was an excellent experience. One of the coaches even gave me a old pennant (the ones the captains hand over before the game)

Edited by Deisler26

13 minutes ago, deltablue said:

So you were a bit of celebrity? ;)

I was very much the center of attention. I was in the players bar before the game with the hardcore supporters and the barmaid says to me and my two mates! "I pour you a British pint!!" and basically filled a glass and took the WHOLE head off it. She presented it to me with such pride, I was quite touched. She then nudged her co-worker and pointed at it and said "British pint!" :D

1 hour ago, Deisler26 said:

I was very much the center of attention. I was in the players bar before the game with the hardcore supporters and the barmaid says to me and my two mates! "I pour you a British pint!!" and basically filled a glass and took the WHOLE head off it. She presented it to me with such pride, I was quite touched. She then nudged her co-worker and pointed at it and said "British pint!" :D

There's a couple of bars in London that should get her employed.

RKC Waalwijk 

AUGUST 2017/18 TRANSFER WINDOW

Well, my first order of business was to appoint a new Ass Man in Clemens Baastiansen and a new scout in Patrick Busby. Considering my Chief Scout left every time on the beta, I thought it was good practice to get in his replacement earlier. I had a brief to attempt to be competitive in the Jupiler League & make the Second Round of the KNVB Beker.

My first career game was against FC Emmen. And we got my reign off to a fabulous start after 10 minutes as Daan Rienstra thundered home a 30 yard strike that took a deflection off a defender to wrongfoot the keeper. 1-0. And just 5 minutes later, a cross from loanee Chovanie Amatkariyo was cleared out as far as the right back Mohamed Mezghrani, who's whipped cross was turned in from 6 yards by Chelsea loanee Kylian Hazard. 2-0. Good interplay on 38 minutes saw the ball spread out wide to Amatkariyo, whose cutback was smashed home by Daan Rienstra from the edge of the area. 3-0. We were absolutely flying and half time came too soon! We then conceded on 52 minutes to give Emmen hope, but late on, a tale of two loan signings sealed the deal as Liverpool loanee Bobby Adekanye escaped down the left wing and crossed in for Arsenal loanee Eddie Nketiah to tap home our fourth and the game winner. 4-1.

Next up were Jong AZ Alkmaar. But we came back down to earth with a bump as AZ tore us apart again and again and we were lucky to only concede a 23rd minute thunderbolt from 30 yards to lose 0-1

Transfers

Our incomings were vast. I loaned in a number of young Premier League starlets including Bobby Adekanye (Liverpool), Kylian Hazard (Chelsea), Eddie Nketiah (Arsenal) and Kazaiah Sterling (Tottenham). I also managed to sign a few free players. Free agent striker Chuma came in, along with ex-Arsenal and AZ Alkmaar midfielder Kyle Ebecilio. Also coming in were a pair of Argentinians in attacking midfielder Gabriel Romero and defender Octavio Airoldi.

Outgoing were four Brabant Utd strikers. Slovenian Roy Rudonja left on a free to NK Krsko. Next up was AMC/ST Irvingly va Eijma who was signed for £35k by AFC Amsterdam. Next departure was striker Kay Huijens who departed for SV Spakenburg for £15k. Finally, Belgian forward Tom Cappan left for French side SAS Epinal.

Transfers Overview

Edited by Deisler26

Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 11.55.49

Second highest in the league. With both Mezghrani & Says virtually irreplaceable.

RKC Waalwijk 

JANUARY 2018 TRANSFER WINDOW

Jesus. What a season so far. If I wasn't a drinker before... Our first game of September saw us play De Graafshap with Geoffrey Acheampong, Kazaiah Sterling and captain Hans Mulder netting as we won 3-2. Then a late equaliser by Eddie Nketiah against Jong Ajax helped us to a 1-1 draw. Next up was the challenge of FC Eindhoven and a goal midway through the first half by Chovanie Amatkairyo was topped off by an injury-time cherry from Hans Mulder saw us run out 2-0 winners. 

We were in 2nd place by this point and flying. However, the wheels came off in spectacular fashion as we squandered a 3-1 HT lead and an Eddie Nketiah brace against FC Utrecht to lose 3-4. This result started off a horrific run of just 4 points out of THIRTY. We stumbled and tripped over everything. We conceded every which way possible, never losing by more than a goal before the lowest point of this run was three consecutive 0-2 defeats against SC Telstar, FC Oss & Almere City respectively.

I reset and re-did all the set pieces, told the guys to pass into space and lowered our defensive line for our game against Helmond Sport. It was a final, desperate throw of the dice and it resulted in a 5-1 win for us, with Eddie Nketiah getting four goals, setting both team and league records.! Having struggled against our next opponents Fortuna Sittard in previous years (the beta), I was very wary of their striker scoring against us, so I went with a defensive 5-2-1-1-1 in order to stifle that threat and an 82nd minute break and powerful finish by Kylian Hazard saw us snatch a 1-0 win. We then tried the same defensive move against FC Volendam, who scored in the 87th minute to stop our fledgling run in it's tracks with their 0-1 win.

A managerless & rapidly-tanking Go Ahead Eagles were next up and a late Hans Mulder goal salvaged a 1-1 draw. Boosted by that late goal, we then put 4 goals past Jong AZ Alkmaar in a 4-1 win and then thumped FC Emmen for the second time this season, 3-1. Finally, our last game in January saw us salvage a 1-1 draw against Jong Ajax, thanks to Eddie Nketiah's 88th minute header, which thundered down off the underside of the bar.

- Results - Table -

Transfers

Another lot of Premier League loans in. DC Ro-Shaun Williams & AMRLC Tahith Chong (Manchester United), M/AMC Gedion Zelalem (Arsenal), AMRLC Harry Wilson (Liverpool) & DRC/WBR/MC Chidebere Nwakali from Manchester City. Also coming in on loan were parent club FC Groningen full back Amir Abselem and FC Internazionale youth striker Facundo Colidio. All to cover injuries and for depth.

Signings-wise, I picked up Irish midfielder Barry Maguire from Almere City on an amateur contract. He would be depth at my SV positioning. Also coming in were Portuguese youth starlet Cesar Neto on a free transfer and Ukrainian international goalkeeper Igor Berezovskyi. Igor was automatically my first choice on talent alone and, since Jordy Deckers kept conceding odd goals, seemed to be a better bet between the sticks.

Outgoings were few. Striker Roland Bergkamp went to Eendracht Aalst in Belgium for £50k. Young goalie Jamal Van Der Steen went to FC Twente Enschede for £54k & 50% sell on. Finally we off-loaded two players on loan.

I signed Tahith Chong a few times in FM17 and he always played well.  Some shrewd acquisitions in the transfer window there I think.

Edited by DazRTaylor

Still time to turn things around in the second half of the season. Those loan signings should help :)

Aye and still only 4 points away from the top six. Not cut adrift by any means.

RKC Waalwijk 

2018 YOUTH INTAKE

Screen Shot 2017-11-12 at 20.36.03

Full Youth Overview

A good first intake here, with the two main problem areas addressed in left midfield and striker. I'll now spend my time combing through the youth systems, trying to poach some decent youngsters.

I'm going to really focus on youth on this version, to the point where hopefully, I won't need to sign anyone at all!

Best Prospects (according to potential stars)

7 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

10642810.jpg

I'm ecstatic.

10lkUdy.gif

Ever had this feeling on FM?? I got my youth intake, then went to check on my HOYD... Turns out.. I didn't have a HOYD... S***

Say hello to my new HOYD

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 07.47.48.png

^ That determination might cause problems. 

Good read though, I have this long distance memory of RKC having (this will be several FMs ago) some amazing forward/striker, might have been the year they were in the top flight? I did a save with a mate and we randomly selected dutch teams, and he ended up with RKC, and had this amazing player that I was particularly jealous of.

I also remember RKC because Mark Wotte used to manage them and he was very briefly an ugly chapter in Southampton's history. 

1 minute ago, tajj7 said:

^ That determination might cause problems. 

Good read though, I have this long distance memory of RKC having (this will be several FMs ago) some amazing forward/striker, might have been the year they were in the top flight? I did a save with a mate and we randomly selected dutch teams, and he ended up with RKC, and had this amazing player that I was particularly jealous of.

I also remember RKC because Mark Wotte used to manage them and he was very briefly an ugly chapter in Southampton's history. 

You're thinking of Rick Hoogendorp, I'm guessing? rick-hoogendorp-rkc-waalwijk-picture-id6

Yes, the determination is a worry, but I'm not in a position to be picky tbh.

10 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

You're thinking of Rick Hoogendorp, I'm guessing? rick-hoogendorp-rkc-waalwijk-picture-id6

Yes, the determination is a worry, but I'm not in a position to be picky tbh.

Yep that is him, whatever FM it was he was bloody amazing, think he was about 30 but still. 

1db083ba457c5e6beab4c431269d9203--end-of

37 games down, 1 to go. And it is an absolute nailbiter.

Let's look at the evidence..

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 11.47.37

I have to win and hope either De Graafschap or SC Cambuur-Leeuwarden lose. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 11.59.41Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 11.59.51

And these are the final fixtures. On paper, we have the easiest match and SC Cambuur have the hardest. But they have the points in the bag and I have a great history of stuffing it up against lower clubs..

Let's get it on!

The whistles blew across the country and we kicked off Gameday 38 in the Jupiler League calendar

Let's go live to the presenters of 'Voetbal Zaterdag'

*peep*

6 mins: "Henrico Drost has conceded a penalty! Is it a card? No... The Helmond Sport player steps up.. GOAL! Ongelooflijk, Jeff!"  Helmond Sport 1-0 RKC Waalwijk

7 mins: "A break by RKC! It's looking dangerous! Nketiah squares it!! OHHHHH.. the young 15 year old has put it into the side netting! It was a tough angle though!" CHANCE!

10 mins: "A free kick from the left is flighted in by Kaj De Vlugt. Geoffrey Acheampong heads it towards goal! Ooooh! Good save!" CHANCE

11 mins: "There's a wonderful through ball... The SC Telstar striker is through on goal...GOAL!!.."  SC Telstar 1-0 SC Cambuur

12 mins: "There's a good pass to feet in the area. GOAL! The Helmond Sport striker has doubled their lead!"  Helmond Sport 2-0 RKC Waalwijk

--------------

"There's movement on the bench already in Waalwijk. Managervich has withdrawn the 15 year old winger and brought on Daan Rienstra as he looks to chase a game that looks to have gone already! Back to you, Jeff!

----------------

15 mins: "A long ball over the defence by Hazard! Amatkariyo is on it, he's outpaced the defence.. OOH, into the side netting. He was under pressure though!" CHANCE!

24 mins: "Telstar are looking threatening here. A deep cross.. GOAL! What a header!" SC Telstar 2-0 SC Cambuur

32 mins: "A deep free kick for Helmond, swung in. Headed down, Berezovskyi has it..OH NO! He's spilled it! GOAL! Helmond Sport have capitalised on the error. It's all over now for RKC, and it's not even half time!" Helmond Sport 3-0 RKC Waalwijk

41 mins: "An overhit cross by Ndefe. RKC look berefit of ideas.. The Helmond defender clears..Oh no! It's been charged down. Eddie Nketiah is in all alone... GOAL! He doesn't miss those! A lifeline for RKC!" Helmond Sport 3-1 RKC Waalwijk

42 mins: "And there's a penalty at De Graafschap. The striker steps up! GOAL! De Graafschap take the lead!" Jong AZ Alkmaar 0-1 De Graafschap

----------------

Half Time

Jong AZ Alkmaar 0-1 De Graafschap

Helmond Sport 3-1 RKC Waalwijk

SC Telstar 2-0 SC Cambuur-Leeuwarden

-----------------

51 mins: "A long ball out from the back by RKC. It's beaten the defender! Chovanie Amatkariyo is onto it. One-on-one with the keeper...GOAL! RKC are right back in this!!" Helmond Sport 3-2 RKC Waalwijk

53 mins: "It's happened again! RKC have sprung the offside trap! Nketiah is through....GREAT SAVE!" CHANCE!

70 mins: "Corner comes in from Mulder... Dost with the header! Parried by the keeper! Cleared out as far as Ebicilio. He knocks it past one defender. Past two! OOOHH Good save!" CHANCE

86 mins: "Says. To Mulder. Long ball for Nketiah to chase. He's into the area, there's a bit of an angle... OOOOH. Flashed just wide.." CHANCE!

86 mins: "Ball over the top! Nketiah onto it, weak shot straight at the keeper. He knows he should have done better! Amartkariyo picks it up wide, crosses it to an unmarked Says....FLASHED WIDE" CHANCES!

90 mins: "Two added minutes.."

92 mins: "The final whistle sounds! RKC miss out on the playoffs.."

------------------------

FULL TIME

Jong AZ Alkmaar 0-1 De Graafschap

Helmond Sport 3-2 RKC Waalwijk

SC Telstar 2-0 SC Cambuur

------------------------

:seagull:

Edited by Deisler26

BUT WAIT...

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 15.35.19.png

God bless Jong PSV Eindhoven and all who sail in her...

Edited by Deisler26

That is the best way to do it. The last twice I've been promoted I've lost the game but so have my rivals.

2017/18 Eredivisie Playoff First Round, First Leg

2 May 2018

2045hrs, De Vijverberg, Doentinchem

De Graafschap 3-5 RKC Waalwijk

A soaking wet Doentinchem was the setting for our First Leg of the Eredivisie Playoff against De Graafschap. We were to be without one of our main centre-back pairing as his 10th yellow card in the Helmond Sport match made him unavailable for this game.

The game was barely five minutes old when Harry Wilson slipped through Eddie Nketiah. He outpaced his marker and beat the keeper, only to his shot carrom off the upright to safety. On 15 minutes however, there would be no mistake. A carbon copy ball, this time provided by Facundo Colidio, saw Eddie Nketiah lash the ball home from six yards to give as a precious away goal. 1-0. Five minutes later, a cheeky little ball by Hans Mulder, stood up beautifully for Harry Wilson to nod towards the far corner.... SOMEHOW, the De Graafschap keeper managed to claw it away and it was cleared. We were dominating play and looking comfortable, without a trace of our last match's hangover.

On 22 minutes, a curled free-kick from Gedion Zelalem found Harry Wilson lurking in space at the back of the goal and his volley made it 2-0. The game then settled down as we were passing about without much effort or desire to go forward.

Half Time came and went and I told them how proud I was of them. And on 55 minutes, a De Graafschap defender used his arm to clear a corner and a penalty was given. It was up to Gedion Zelalem to put it away... He did, straight down the middle. 3-0. And barely three minutes later, De Graafschap couldn't clear and Eddie Nketiah smashed home his second of the game. 4-0.. The game looked easy.. Until De Graafschap scored two goals in three minutes. Once from a lightning-quick counter attack and cross, 4-1, the other from a uncleared corner, both goals falling to the striker. 4-2.

On 73 minutes, a long free-kick was collected out wide, cut back and finished by the De Graafschap midfielder to make it 4-3. Panic stations. I screamed at them to tighten up and it seemed to have worked. Then, on 94 minutes, Eddie Nketiah found himself free in the box, he squared the ball for the on-rushing Facundo Colidio who tapped home to make it 5-3, which was how it ended..

2017/18 Eredivisie Playoff First Round, Second Leg

5 May 2018

1945hrs, Mandermakers Stadion, Waawijk

De Graafschap RKC Waalwijk (RKC win 5-4 on aggregate)

Coming home to Waalwijk and walking out of the tunnel felt like a returning hero. The crowds were ablaze with yellow on all sides, with the hardcore support in the far right corner of the ground unfurling banners and letting off flares. The roar of the crowd reverberated around the ground at the chance to be in the mix for an Eredivisie place.

Henrico Dost was back and 15 year old starlet Kaj de Vlugt was dropped to the bench for Harry Wilson. Other than that, we had no real changes. And so, onto the game itself.

The game itself was very dull. A complete non-spectacle. De Graafschap took the lead on 18 minutes with a towering header from a corner that thundered down off the crossbar to make it 0-1, but that was literally the only entertainment of the first half. 

The second half wasn't much better, with a clash of heads in the 76th minute leaving captain Hans Mulder on the ground, shaking his head. He looked completely out of it, so I withdrew him and sent him to the local hospital. It later emerged that he had suffered a concussion. Then, in the 89th minute, Eddie Nketiah danced into the penalty area and was upended. Penalty! Harry Wilson stepped up... and put it straight at the keeper. Ugh. About right for this game.

The final whistle went just moments later and we'd gone through, although not very convincingly..

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 15.51.49

Well, this was needed. Hopefully I can get a long term con...oh. a year.... Oh well..

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 15.58.07