[FM18] War! Huh! Waalwijk It Good For? Absolutely Nothing!

Deisler26

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/02/2018 at 13:51, Deisler26 said:

2026/27 UEFA Champions League Final

29 May 2027

2000hrs, Camp Nou, Barcelona

RKC Waalwijk 3 - 1 Real Madrid C.F

5a92bec10cbf1_ScreenShot2018-02-25at13_45_59.thumb.png.c3cb82318a51731af1367d02378e47ee.png

Home-Alone-Kevin-Scream-Run-Away.gif?res

UNBELIEVABLE!! OH MY GOD!!!

THIS IS EVEN BETTER THAN ME WINNING THE LEAGUE. THE ACTUALL? HOW? ARE YOU SECRETLY RUSSIAN? ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR DONALD TRUMP? LIFE IS A LIE? END MY SUFFERING!

• 2 weeks later...

200px-RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk 

2026/27 SEASON REVIEW

Domination. Won every trophy going and only a penalty loss in the U-19's Cup Final stopped it being a clean sweep of every trophy going for us.

Final Table

Results

KNVB Beker Results:  Retained the cup. Easy as.

UEFA Champions League Results: Wow, from being pumped thoroughly in the group stages to winning it all!!

End of Season Awards:

End of Season Review:  

RKC Waalwijk 

Academy Watch: Class of 2022

In this section, we'll look at my historical youth intakes. At the end of every season, I'll go back and look at an intake from my time here at RKC and see if the key prospects worked out? Or if they flamed out, never to be seen again.

This time, it's the Class of 2022.

Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 09.57.17

A very good intake this one. At the time, it was considered a potential 'golden generation', it also covered a lot of holes in the team and led on to some great things. We'll concentrate on the 3* and up prospects, so that's Jaimy Oosterveld, Jayden Visser, Bert Willems, Emiel de Jong & Xavier Doesberg.

Jaimy Oosterveld

Then: 16 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Now: 21 years old, FC Porto (on loan to RKC Waalwijk)

Jaimy came into the squad as a backup for de Koning. He went on to make 34 appearances for the club over the first four years of his career, making 8 assists for an average rating of 7.36. During this time at the club, he collected an Eredivisie winners medal & a Johan Cruijff Schaal winners medal. In January 2025, however, he was sold to FC Porto for £5.5m.

He made 14 appearances for FC Porto B and 11 appearances for FC Porto over the two years, the majority of these appearances being substitute appearances. However, he did manage to score his first professional goal for FC Porto and averaging a rating of 7.42 between the two clubs. Last season, I took him back on loan as a cover whilst some youth players were getting up to speed and he made 26 appearances for us, scoring 1 goal and creating 5 assists for a rating of 7.23. He managed to get another set of Eredivisie & Johan Cruijff Schaal winners medals, adding to them with a KNVB Beker winners medal and a UEFA Champions League winners medal!

Jayden Visser

Now:  21 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Jayden has been our last line of defence for a number of years now, after graduating to #1 when Peter Leeuwenburgh was sold. During his time at the club, he was amassed 107 appearances for us, keeping 39 clean sheets and coming out with an average rating of 6.98 over the 6 years he's been at the club. He's also accumulated quite an array of silverware, with two Eredivisie winners medals, three Johan Cruijff Schaal winners medals, two KNVB Beker winners medals and a UEFA Champions League winners medal.

Jayden has also made 15 appearances for the Netherlands, making his debut against Lichtenstein in November 2025 and averaging a 7.03 match rating, along with keeping 6 clean sheets.

Bert Willems

Now:  21 years old, Havre AC

Bert came into the club as a left midfielder, but I decided to retrain him to a CM, so that he could be the long term option for Ebecillo's place. He made 7 appearances in three seasons, averaging a 7.42 match rating. He also spent a season on loan at Helmond Sport, making 8 appearances for them, most as a sub, for an average rating of 6.68. He was then the subject of a £3.5m bid from Havre AC in August 2025 and, despite my liking of him as a player, he had competition for his place and I wouldn't be lost without him. 

In this time at Havre AC, he has made 54 appearances, 24 of those from the subs bench. He's scored 6 goals and made 6 assists for an average rating of 6.87. 

Emiel de Jong

Emiel came into the club as a defensive midfielder, but was retrained to be a ball-winning MC. His progress was such that it allowed me to let longtime MC Erwin Schomaker leave the club. He's currently made 36 appearances for the club, scoring two goals and creating four assists for an average match rating of 7.24. During his time at the club, he has been sent out on loan three times. First loan was in January 2025 to NAC Breda, where he made 5 appearances, averaging 6.42 in a side that were relegated that season. Second loan was in January 2026 to Sparta Rotterdam, where he made 15 appearances, assisting once, for a rating of 6.74. He was then loaned out to Heracles Almelo in August 2026, but only managed two appearances for a 6.80 rating, before he was recalled due to an injury crisis.

Emiel has some silverware from his time at the club. Eredivise, KNVB Beker, Johan Cruijff Schaal & UEFA Champions League medals hang in his personal trophy cabinet. Pretty lucky he was recalled, otherwise he would have been relegated with his loan club and missed out on all the silverware :lol:

Xavier Doesburg

Fans favourite Xavier Doesburg has been with the club since his promotion from the youth academy. During his time here, he's made 71 appearances, scoring 29 goals and assisting 20 times for an average match rating of 7.51. Surprisingly for a second team player, he's been consistently top 5 in shirt sales in the last two seasons.

Xavier is a full Netherlands international, making 13 appearances for his country. He made his debut against Kosovo in June 2026 and then scored his first international goal three days later against Jordan. He's scored 4 international goals overall with two assists for an average rating of 7.68. Xavier also has an Eredivisie winners medal, three Johan Cruijff Schaal medals, two KNVB Beker winners medals and a UEFA Champions League winners medal in his trophy cabinet.

On 25/02/2018 at 13:51, Deisler26 said:

2026/27 UEFA Champions League Final

29 May 2027

2000hrs, Camp Nou, Barcelona

RKC Waalwijk 3 - 1 Real Madrid C.F

5a92bec10cbf1_ScreenShot2018-02-25at13_45_59.thumb.png.c3cb82318a51731af1367d02378e47ee.png

Home-Alone-Kevin-Scream-Run-Away.gif?res

UNBELIEVABLE!! OH MY GOD!!!

I think this is amazing enough to still quote and talk about 2 real life weeks later. Better still that you beat Real Madrid, those bastards. :thup:

5 minutes ago, noikeee said:

I think this is amazing enough to still quote and talk about 2 real life weeks later. Better still that you beat Real Madrid, those bastards. :thup:

It'll be interesting to see how we fare this season to be honest. I'm of the mind that last year was a bit 'lightning in a bottle'

On 25/02/2018 at 15:30, Jupjamie said:

:applause::applause:

On 25/02/2018 at 16:36, BoxToBox said:

Amazing!

On 25/02/2018 at 18:39, ManUtd1 said:

Speechless!!!  Amazing!!!

giphy.gif

On 25/02/2018 at 19:04, Timetxu said:

Happy Cheering GIF by South Park

On 25/02/2018 at 20:21, SixPointer said:

Amazing achievement!!!

On 26/02/2018 at 07:12, kidthekid said:

Smashing success 

On 26/02/2018 at 08:34, Torminator said:

Wow! just WoW. 

Terrific read and achievement. Really impressive!

On 27/02/2018 at 04:38, DavidBeckham said:

CONGRATS MATE! Fantastic achievement winning the Champions League and beating Barca + Real Madrid along the way :applause:

On 28/02/2018 at 12:17, deltablue said:

Woooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 01/03/2018 at 07:11, Dexter_Morgan said:

Great work, you've thoroughly deserved that after all your hard work :applause::applause: 

Thank you everyone!

RKC WAALWIJK

DEBUT WATCH 

07.08.27, vs FC Groningen (w 4-1) 

Players making their debut: 1

5aa6832e697e3_ScreenShot2018-03-12at13_38_43.thumb.png.94367688c3b329cd494b181f9d9ea358.png

18 year old Mitchell came into the first team for this fixture, due to an injury to the backup DL and the first team DL being held out because of the UEFA Super Cup tie three days after. Mitchell played all 90 mins, attempting an incredible 13 tackles which he lost only two of. He also completed 45 passes, including two assists from the left flank. He ran 14km and was given the Man of the Match award for his 9.00 rating.

Just now, Timetxu said:

Lol, didn't find out until now that Edwin Linssen is your assistant. I never thought the guy would be capable of handling a job that requires any intellectual effort.

He's good at the tactical side of the game according to this! I have him for Opposition Instructions mainly

Just now, Deisler26 said:

He's good at the tactical side of the game according to this! I have him for Opposition Instructions mainly

Have to correct something there, really. I was thinking about Bryan Linssen, not Edwin Linssen.

RKC Waalwijk 

AUGUST 2026 TRANSFER WINDOW

We ran the table last season. And it'll be very tough to defend the Champions League, so the board gave us a brief to just make the UEFA Champions League Group Stage, win the Eredivisie and make the KNVB Beker Final. To facilitate this, we were given a £118m transfer budget with a £1.3m wage budget.

Results

We took part in the traditional season curtain raiser, the Johan Cruijff Schaal and it was a happy return as we beat last season's runners up ADO Den Haag 4-2, thanks to goals from Maarten Groenveld, Youri van Dijk, Yassin Fortune Dehninio Tempo.

We kicked off the Eredivisie this year in a new stadium for the third season in a row, as SAP Park was being extended. At home to FC Groningen, playing the backups, we never looked in trouble, winning 4-1

A pair of 1-0 wins came up next. A own goal sealed all three points against FC Utrecht, then a fabulous solo goal by Maarten Groenveld won it for us against FC Twente Enschede

Finally, we took part in our first ever UEFA Super Cup. Sadly, it wasn't a winning appearance as we lost 0-1 in the last few mins.

- Results - Table -

Transfers

We were headed for a light transfer window, with only loanee ex-player Tonnie Schouw coming into the club for £2.5m from OGC Nice, although £1.25m of that came back to us in a 50% sell-on clause. I also saw ex-youth players Jeffery Clement and Mohammed El Bakkali being released by their clubs, so I picked them up as B Team fodder. A number of players went out on loan and things were chugging along nicely.

Then, like a bolt from the blue, I saw Tottenham Hotspur had just bought a French forward for £80m. Going to their squad screen, I saw they had transfer-listed Maarten Groenveld.. Well, that was it! A £16.5m bid saw him be mine, even better that we got £8.75m back for the 50% sell-on.

Finally, we had an exit on deadline day. FC Utrecht picked up forward Vincent Schouten for £275k + 50% sell on. This was a £1m loss on what we bought him back for, but Bjorn Wels' emergence meant he was expendable

- Transfers -

On 13/03/2018 at 10:23, Deisler26 said:

RKC Waalwijk 

AUGUST 2026 TRANSFER WINDOW

A pair of 1-0 wins came up next. A own goal sealed all three points against FC Utrecht, then a fabulous solo goal by Maarten Groenveld won it for us against FC Twente Enschede

Amazing story. LOVED the CL win.

^^^^ CONFUSED THE HELL OUT OF ME haha. Happy he has returned!!

On 15/03/2018 at 07:29, Deisler26 said:

2027 UEFA Champions League Group Stage, Matchday 1

15 Sept 2027

2000hrs, Ali Sami Yen Spor Kompleksi, Istanbul

Galatasaray A.S. 0 - 8 RKC Waalwijk

5aaa20eedf065_ScreenShot2018-03-15at07_29_12.thumb.png.7cbd724f5c79209b5d467c0b591cb182.png

I bet the notoriously quiet and comprehensive Turkish fans liked that.

RKC WAALWIJK

DEBUT WATCH 

21.09.27, vs Roda JC Kerkrade (w 2-0) 

Players making their debut: 1

5aafdf903304f_ScreenShot2018-03-19at10_07_17.thumb.png.e11962f4faa92ffc07d47d8c9c3994ef.png

18 year old Rayan made his debut in this cup match. Having been retrained from a DC, it was the first chance for him to play at RB. Playing all 90 mins, he made 10 tackles, losing out on five of them. He also completed 35 passes with one dribble. He ran 14.7km overall for a match rating of 7.4

2027/28 UEFA Champions League Group Stage, Matchday 3

19 Oct 2027

2000hrs, Dmitry Rybolovlev Stadium, Monaco

A.S Monaco F.C 0 - 0 RKC Waawijk

-----and----

2027/28 UEFA Champions League Group Stage, Matchday 4

3 Nov 2027

2000hrs, De Kuip, Rotterdam

RKC Waalwijk 3 - 3 A.S Monaco F.C

(Because someone didn't screen cap)

RKC Waalwijk 

JANUARY 2028 HALF-SEASON REVIEW

We kicked off the post-transfer window September in the Eredivisie with a 2-0 draw with sc Heerenveen. This gave us a platform in which we only dropped 5 points in the 5 months and 14 games between windows. Our dropped points first came our very next game against FC Dordrecht, where they took the lead on a very early goal and only a late equaliser by Thierry Ambrose meant we drew 1-1. Then, an absolutely embarrassing walloping at home to ADO Den Haag saw us 1-3 down on 80 mins, before Patrick Bijvelds was sent off for a second yellow. This, combined with the fact that we had used all three subs meant that ADO scored another three times to beat us 1-6 and hand us our biggest league defeat since we lost 0-5 to De Graafschap in 2020!

Due to our UCL win, we contested the FIFA World Club Cup in South Korea. A 6-0 win over Chinese opposition in Herbei Huaxia Xingfu saw us easily into the Final. And the Final was played in awful stormy conditions against Chivas Guadalajara of Mexico. They proved to be minor opposition as Tonnie Schouw scored a hat-trick to give us a 3-0 win and the FIFA World Club Cup.

In the KNVB Beker, we faced Jupiler League opposition for the third year running in the shape of our feeder club Roda JC Kerkrade and for the third year running, we sent them back to the Jupiler with their tail between their legs as we won 2-0. We then again faced Jupiler League opposition in the Second Round in the shape of FC Volendam and we easily sailed through, winning 2-1. We took out FC Twente Enschede 2-1 in the Third Round, before losing our first cup game since Dec 2024 in the Quarter Final as we drew 1-1 with Feyenoord Rotterdam, going out 2-3 on penalties.

In our first foray into the UEFA Champions League as defending championswe were placed in Group E with Rässenballsport Leipzig, A.S Monaco FC and Galatasaray A.S. And we put up a rather poor showing as we lost and won against RB Leipzig, beat Galatasaray A.S home and away and drew home and away with A.S Monaco FC. It was the home draw with Monaco that killed us as Monaco scored three times at the 3-3 at De Kuip, where as we failed to score away in the 0-0 at Monaco. Those goals proved the tie-breaker which sentenced us to third place and the UEFA Europa League.

- Table - UCL Table -

Results

- Eredivisie

- KNVB Beker

- FIFA World Club Cup

- UEFA Champions League

Transfers

We again went back in time to sign one of our former players as goalie Pieter Bruggeman became available for £5m from Lille OSC. This meant we had an excellent backup that could take the reins at any time, plus it meant we had the Netherlands top two keepers.

Sales-wise, we let ball-winning midfielder Emile de Jong go for £7.5m + 50% sell on to Borussia Vfl 1900 Mönchengladbach. With re-training defender William Molenaar to MC (BWM) in preparation for Youri Van Dijk's head being turned by FC Bayern München, it came as a surprise that the backup was wanted. But the money was good, so off he went.\

Also, the proliferation of good young midfielders in our ranks, all of whom were performing well on loan, meant that I could let Pepjin Brok go for £5.5m + 50% sell on to Ligue 1 side Girondins de Bordeaux and allow B team midfielder Jeffrey Clement to carry the can for the rest of the season.

Archived