[FM18] The only way to force Gary Neville back into Football Management

Everton_FC_logo.svg

Season Review 2018/2019 - Everton F.C.

League (Qualified for Champions League in 4th)

50b6f89bb416d31d38b38dcce5e26ea2.png

b1588749879efe327d2d874fddcbc497.png

8d7ffad2567d07fdb11799830c54c714.png

We secured Champions League football for a second consecutive season after finishing 4th again behind the Manchester giants + Chelsea. The team has shown progress after finishing the season with 74 points, 7 points better off than last season's points total. Man City and Man United finished on exact same points total and goal difference but the blue half of Manchester took the title after scoring more goals. It couldn't be any closer!

Carabao Cup (Knocked out in Quarter Final)

34d07b53572ef052a16418334de38068.png

After a hard-fought extra-time victory against Chelsea in the 4th round, I was hoping for a longer cup run this time round but Watford halted our progress abruptly. We conceded from a set-piece disappointingly before a Michael Keane own goal knocked us out of the competition. I wasn't happy to go out this way :mad: 

FA Cup (Knocked out in 4th Round)

4bfc0abdd05158c35d8a4d00beb36662.png

Luck was not on our side as we crashed out of the FA Cup to Derby. Having made all 3 substitutions, Luke Shaw had to be taken off injured and we had to cope with the rest of the tie with ten men. To make things worse, Vlasic got himself sent off with an absolutely shocking lunge to leave us 2 men short. We were hanging on well to a 1-1 draw with 9 men when (to my utter dismay) Davies conceded a penalty and of course, Chris Martin converted to put Derby 2-1 up. In perhaps my unluckiest game thus far, we went out of the FA Cup.  

Champions League (Knocked out in Quarter Final)

0fc45e7bd1c21159bc817bdd101e25a4.png

d6114d0a1f9bd62401687fab1d8351af.png

Juventus was unstoppable in the group stages and bagged maximum points as we finished runners up on 10. We were handed a tough draw against Bayern in the next round and the boys defied the odds to eliminate the German giants after a perfect 2-0 home win in the first leg. Things certainly did not get easier in the Quarter Finals as we were drawn against Chelsea. The lads kept up their fantastic European form by beating the Blues on their home turf in an impressive 2-1 victory. Things came crashing back down at Goodison Park as we fell to a disappointing 3-0 defeat. We were heading into the semis on away goals until the 89th minute when Luan capitalized on our surprisingly static defense to put Chelsea 3-2 up. Of course, we had to pour forward to try to get back in the game and as a result, space was left behind for Luan to put the tie beyond doubt. I enjoyed our run back in the Champions League a lot but was disappointed that our defense froze when it mattered the most :(

Top 3 Players

Ross Barkley

644fbac64dd502942e5e75d13579e1ad.png

Barkley has been the linchpin of the side throughout the season and we looked lost at times when he's not on the pitch. The Englishman bagged 6 goals and an impressive 15 assists in a very productive season for us. He's one of our own, he's one of our own.. Ross Barkley, he's one of our own!

Michy Batshuayi

5e9e49df0e290ec2a6d046ea27b32f1f.png

You simply can't ignore your top scorer when picking your top three players of the season. Batshuayi is not a natural finisher but has led the line well for most of the season before Lacazette came in. He ended the campaign with 14 league goals in 27 starts and a ratio of 1 in 2 is decent for a team who had just broke into the Champions League places. He faces a fight to keep his spot in the first 11 next season as Lacazette ended the season very strongly. 

Michael Keane

707dafd00252de89cae3cdab1358d059.png

Michael Keane improved on his decent first campaign and has now grown into a brilliant center-back at this level. He's our leader at the back and has even found time to bag 4 goals at the other end of the pitch. Without a shadow of a doubt, our player of the season!

What's next?

We were expected to finish 7th by the media and I was glad to prove them wrong for a second consecutive campaign. Big money signings Eriksen and Lacazette still need time to settle fully into life at Merseyside and we should start to see the best of them next year. I'm aiming to climb the table and get closer to the title winners in the upcoming season and hopefully, we will also go on longer cup runs, especially in the domestic cup competitions. Bring on 2019/2020!! \o/

Edited by DavidBeckham
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Need your help here guys. I'm looking to sign a defensive midfielder to play in the midfield anchor role. He will most likely be backup to Schneiderlin.

8bc3b8a1f272ae573550f18323092224.png

e79d9c6a853cd03e0aba8a6d68ca03be.png

Would you sign him..

debd80575ec6a4cdaf009a9329a7ff08.png

0d2e3205d89ac043b067fd4587ca5fcd.png

..or him? Delayed both transfers as I couldn't make a choice!

I brought in Santiago Ascacíbar, from Stuttgart, for around £18M. He's been fantastic and plays well in front of the back four, or in a midfield two. Worth a look.

If it's a straight shoot-out between the two you've mentioned, then I'd sway towards Stark. He's still young, and will improve more.

17 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Coquelin seems slightly better for the time being, but with Stark you aim for a longer perspective. Depends on which you want really.

I would've gone for Stark if his wages and bonuses aren't considerably higher than Coquelin's. Still can't make a decision! 

16 hours ago, Adamm90 said:

I brought in Santiago Ascacíbar, from Stuttgart, for around £18M. He's been fantastic and plays well in front of the back four, or in a midfield two. Worth a look.

If it's a straight shoot-out between the two you've mentioned, then I'd sway towards Stark. He's still young, and will improve more.

Santiago looks great! I would certainly have considered signing him if he could speak English! Language is a big thing for me when I'm looking at signings :) 

Looks like Stark is the more popular choice!

I'd take Stark too.  If you are still in pre-seaon then Ascacíbar would have time to learn English. Plus you said he is a backup anyway... I see some players ask to be sent on a language course as part of their pre-contract negotiations, I always think this is a good sign that they will adapt well.

If you wanted a starter, Coq, as he's the better player. For a backup, Stark despite the higher cost in wages and such, as he's more versatile being able to play CB too, and as a Professional with 17 Determination is an ideal tutor, a massive bonus with Everton's academy.

On 2/1/2018 at 17:06, Carninho said:

I'd take Stark too.  If you are still in pre-seaon then Ascacíbar would have time to learn English. Plus you said he is a backup anyway... I see some players ask to be sent on a language course as part of their pre-contract negotiations, I always think this is a good sign that they will adapt well.

On 2/1/2018 at 18:58, BoxToBox said:

If you wanted a starter, Coq, as he's the better player. For a backup, Stark despite the higher cost in wages and such, as he's more versatile being able to play CB too, and as a Professional with 17 Determination is an ideal tutor, a massive bonus with Everton's academy.

Cheer lads! Having seen all of the pros you guys listed, I went for Stark in the end \o/ From my experience, Ascacibar will take at least half a season to learn good English and I can't take the risk :)

Edited by DavidBeckham

Everton_FC_logo.svg

Preseason 2019/2020 - Everton F.C.

Board Expectations

English Premier League: Qualify for Europa League

FA Cup: Sixth Round

Carabao Cup: Quarter Final

Champions League: Group Stage

I couldn't be happier with the board as their expectations stayed the same despite them pumping in more cash as shown in the budgets below. This simply means I wouldn't be sacked, barring a disastrous campaign!

Budgets

Transfer: 90 million pounds

Wages: 2.8 million pounds p/w 

The board couldn't be more supportive as they increased our budgets considerably this campaign. However, I'm looking to add quality rather than quantity and you most certainly wouldn't see wholesale changes to the squad by the end of the window.

Transfers

2cef934008cb0fa284534fd980f72110.png

We bring in 5 to improve the quality of our squad, mainly in the wide areas as I wasn't too happy with the goals and assists from Bolasie and Vlasic last season. They were both shipped out and the expensive trio of Gray, Zaha and Pulisic were brought in as replacements. Stark was brought in to replace the outgoing Spendlhofer, who only had one year left on his contract and I didn't feel he was at the level we wanted our backup midfield anchor to be at. Odegaard was brought in as our last signing of the summer transfer window for 22 million pounds.

Players In

Niklas Stark

6bc63d05a58064511408de4517c1c429.png

Many thanks to everyone who helped me choose Stark over Coquelin and the pros of this signing have been summed up perfectly by your posts above :D

Demarai Gray

38fad87029bdbbb8657f735e5e5a9ff7.png

Demarai is certainly not worth 45 million pounds but I couldn't find a better player at a cheaper price and I didn't want to pay 100 million pounds for someone who's slightly better. He will go straight into our starting 11 down our right wing and hopefully, he will repay our faith in him with more goals and assists than what Vlasic managed last campaign. 

Wilfried Zaha

ee88e51ca4020404d80e2cc1fd10a339.png

Bolasie is in the wrong side of his thirties and I wanted to replace him with someone younger and quicker. This was certainly not on purpose but his good pal, WIlfried came in from Palace and he will replace Bolasie in our starting 11 down our left flank. 

Christian Pulisic 

242fe9d1bdc130ef7771763f6963bd72.png

You simply can't turn down the chance to sign a wonder-kid for <20 million pounds and when Pulisic became available on the market, we pounced to sign him. He's has fantastic vision, acceleration and agility for a 20-year-old and I'm looking forward to seeing his development at Goodison. 

Martin Odergaard

5db4795bc10e12c03ee82504aa591f16.png

This signing was very much forced onto us as Spurs was in for him for a reasonable price and I didn't want my rivals to strengthen. The Norwegian is another wonder-kid and even though he wouldn't necessarily be in our strongest 11, he will get lotsa of game time as he can play in a variety of attacking positions. 

Opening Fixtures

6dd63d06811c36a1b9ccc806e3a2ae8c.png

We face our rivals Tottenham and Man United at home during the first two months of the campaign. If we want to be anywhere near the title contenders, we would need at least 4 points from these two games. We should also pick up most of the points in the other August/September fixtures. Bring on the new season!

Edited by DavidBeckham

70844085cff42c85301b36489b8e8399.png

Even though it's only September, I couldn't resist signing him up for the January transfer window as he's transfer-listed and is an absolute bargain at 36.5 million pounds!

0497a8a6d0414de6d07168a24d1119eb.png

However, I'm projected to fail the FFP for players' wages :( Absolutely gutted as we still have money left in our budgets. Has anyone faced the same problem and how did you manage to overcome it eventually?

On 06/02/2018 at 16:03, DavidBeckham said:

70844085cff42c85301b36489b8e8399.png

Even though it's only September, I couldn't resist signing him up for the January transfer window as he's transfer-listed and is an absolute bargain at 36.5 million pounds!

0497a8a6d0414de6d07168a24d1119eb.png

However, I'm projected to fail the FFP for players' wages :( Absolutely gutted as we still have money left in our budgets. Has anyone faced the same problem and how did you manage to overcome it eventually?

As @BoxToBox rightly says, it happened to me as well, but as the money came in later on in the season, it all turned out fine! 

23 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Pulisic and Odegaard! Amazing!

Don't freak out too much about the FFP, seen that happen @noikeee and @Ellandroadhero but ended up working itself out in the end.

21 hours ago, Ellandroadhero said:

As @BoxToBox rightly says, it happened to me as well, but as the money came in later on in the season, it all turned out fine! 

That's assuring to hear, especially when the Manchester sides and Chelsea are spending way more than us and we are struggling to close the gap! Thanks guys :D

10 minutes ago, DavidBeckham said:

That's assuring to hear, especially when the Manchester sides and Chelsea are spending way more than us and we are struggling to close the gap! Thanks guys :D

I had the same reaction as you. I couldn't understand it as I'd been really careful. It's very misleading. 

Alex Briggs

da1bee6a3bdeab8f83e9c4ba0ebbe631.png

Alex Briggs is the best prospect from our last two intakes. However, I'm facing difficulties in moulding him into a player who can challenge for a first team spot. 

He's natural playing upfront but is way too small to play in the Advanced Forward lone striking role. He can play behind the striker but has only 9 for passing (I focused training on his passing but it only rose by 1 attribute in the last two years).

His attributes look like he could be decent out wide but my wide players play in the MR/L strata and it would take time to make him accomplished at ML. This may mean sacrificing some of his attributes' growth.

How would you develop him?

Edited by DavidBeckham

January Transfers

Juan Carlos 'Falcao' Rubio

578ea2086124aea4033a6a4bcf1551f7.png

We have found the next Falcao! He already has fantastic finishing despite being only 18 and his physicals are immense for someone his age. I'm hopeful that his steely determination will help him grow into a striker of Falcao's level \o/

Anthony Martial

5ea15bc3ca124eb789705c62be041461.png

As mentioned earlier, this is the sort of signing you simply can't miss out on. In today's crazy transfer market, he's a bargain at 36.5 million pounds and he will go straight into our starting 11 ahead of Zaha.

Omar 'Maldini' Regini

c4fcde592e733250fdac8d978a53c88b.png

We have also found the next Maldini! Ok, he can't play at center-back but he's already a capable left-back at this level. Like Rubio, he's only 18 and has lots of room to grow, and I can't wait to see how his development goes. Exciting times!

Edited by DavidBeckham

Everton_FC_logo.svg

Season Review 2019/2020 - Everton F.C.

League (Champions)

97145ec9d107e3bc6ab389cecfced037.png

6815dd57bcd9991a38ff649fee1e93ec.png

ca926702e4ee855ab89a362dc2f7cb72.png

We are the premier league champions! The Martial signing in January propelled us to the title as we stringed together 12 consecutive wins in the middle of the season. We were grinding out one goal wins before the Frenchman arrived and his signing added pace & trickery down our left flank, as well as some much needed balance to our team. With him occupying one flank and Gray down the other, we secured the title with a game to go on 91 points \o/

Unbelievable Gray

9c0b0a21cd7c9f1d94020ebe4491a2ab.png

fd8e903911d5c0db3eb4e59686f1e471.png

51703ccf1ddb514064cd8963958bdbd7.png

14d38028b820dd8d96b36278d790734b.png

Gray was absolutely outstanding and swept all the individual awards which included the Player of the Year awards and the Young Player of the Year. He dedicated the Footballer of the Year award to the manager as well :**)

Team of the Year

d5e4d531a0bc9438250f6095dba2abf6.png

Apart from Gray, our entire back 4 are selected in the TOTY and I'm especially pleased as we pride ourselves on being solid at the back first and foremost. Well done lads!

Carabao Cup (Knocked out in 4th Round)

12e8a5d3a69a2a1c6eb94fff4376176e.png

We suffered a disappointing 4th round cup exit in the hands of West Ham after an underwhelming display at the London Stadium. The winning goal came from an uncharacteristic error from Lacazette after he lost the ball late in the game and the Hammers scored from a resulting counter attack. 

Champions League (Knocked out in Group Stages)

33f224619c4be42b55074f9a2fdad537.png

ccfb541ce6dfe9aab760d9f72425fc90.png

We were drawn in a tough group but I wasn't happy to go out this way. Our three away defeats cost us eventually as we finished a point behind Inter Milan in 3rd place.

Europa League (Lost in Final) 

616f7adfabe4c9ce38872d8531dcbc56.png

We dropped back down to the Europa League after the disappointing exit from the Champions League and things did not get easier in the 2nd tier of European competition. Even though we managed to eliminate the German sides in the next two knockout rounds, they were decent and I was not too happy when we drew Liverpool in the Quarter Finals. A decent 2-0 home win helped us knock out our Merseyside rivals and Sevilla was up next in the Semis. Academy graduate Alex Briggs scored the all important away goal in the second leg to put us though on away goals. A. Madrid had Griezmann playing behind Costa in the final and we had to be solid throughout 120 minutes to hold on to a 1-1 draw. Batshuayi missed our 1st penalty in the shootout and there was no way back after the A. Madrid players kept their nerves from the spot. Our long European journey was brought to a disappointing end.  

FA Cup (Winners)

9d732d94ff5c54e5016e1bf3c08b93c3.png

I'm so proud of the FA Cup win that I'm seeing it as a bigger achievement than our league title. We stand a good chance of bagging the league title if we beat the teams below us and pick up decent results against the big 6. In the FA Cup, we needed to beat two of the big 6 teams in one off games and the lads did fantastically well in the quarters and final against Chelsea and Man City respectively. 

c59b8dfb7d5ffcd05c318309a0e07edc.jpg

Lacazette was injured for our season end and I opted to start Sandro in the final, who went on to miss a couple of sitters. I brought Batshuayi on in the 55th minute and he nodded a Ross Barkley free-kick past the Man City goalie to put us level. The Belgian won it with the last kick of the game as he smashed the ball into the net from Luke Shaw's brilliant run and cross. It was the best way to win a cup final \o/ 

Top 3 Players

Luke Shaw

ae11808ef34fbf2ab56b679ea10a0202.png

Luke has to be the best signing of my tenure so far. The Englishman was signed for a mere 7.75 million pounds last summer and he is now valued at 39.5 million pounds after a productive season. He ended the campaign with 12 assists and his partnership with Martial down our left flank had been fantastic to watch at times. Man United must be regretting their exits! 

Anthony Martial

3b39b2e7ffaa0961421b4a6fb47e9577.png

Despite playing only half a season for us, he takes his place in our top three players of the season as he was the trigger behind our Premier League and FA Cup wins. He bagged an impressive 7 goals and 6 assists in only 5 months and I can't wait to see how he does in a full season :)  

Demarai Gray

a7d73c2c4d8652023364285bc89fcd84.png

The awards he won showed what an unbelievable season the lad has had. To be honest, I wasn't sure if it was right to spend 45 million pounds on Demarai but he proved me wrong with 8 goals and 18 assists from the right wing. Definitely my player of the season! \o/

The Starting 11

ecd5358ac6673dc48ef0f814dccaa8fc.png

As much as the three players above deserved their mentions, we couldn't have done it without the spine of the team - Pickford, Keane, Schneiderlin, Davies and Barkley, who were all at the club when I took over. I am so proud of this team :**) 

I'd be tempted by PSG. England...depends how far down the road the Euros or the World Cup are. I find the international side of the game mind-numbingly boring on FM because of a lack of effort on developing it.

12 hours ago, cerud said:

I'd be tempted by PSG. England...depends how far down the road the Euros or the World Cup are. I find the international side of the game mind-numbingly boring on FM because of a lack of effort on developing it.

The thing which is stopping me from going for PSG is that I would like to win the Champions League with Everton. That would make me feel like I've completed the job there and it would be the right time to go.

England is tricky as I will definitely like to manage them sometime in my career but I don't think this is the right time. However, I've had past experiences on other versions where I had to wait so long for the England offer to come along. Decisions! 

1 hour ago, DavidBeckham said:

The thing which is stopping me from going for PSG is that I would like to win the Champions League with Everton. That would make me feel like I've completed the job there and it would be the right time to go.

England is tricky as I will definitely like to manage them sometime in my career but I don't think this is the right time. However, I've had past experiences on other versions where I had to wait so long for the England offer to come along. Decisions! 

Fair point; winning the Champions League with Everton would be a crowning achievement.

f054a6c5d5750214ff96592ad29e8f25.png

Decided to take the plunge as I didn't want to risk waiting for the job to come around in future! The 90,000 pounds per week wages certainly made the decision slightly easier ;)

c5682133c7a68923102cf6f61ddd5035.png

..and this move makes a lot of sense \o/ 

You should have taken both jobs.
Ai was lookeng fairward to Gary Neveehle talkéng een Francais een zese updates

Edited by Carninho
16 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Think you made the right choices there.

Cheers mate!

9 hours ago, Carninho said:

You should have taken both jobs.
Ai was lookeng fairward to Gary Neveehle talkéng een Francais een zese updates

I was so tempted too but I felt like I had to win the Champions League with Everton before I move on :( 

Everton_FC_logo.svg

Preseason 2020/2021 - Everton F.C.

Board Expectations

English Premier League: Qualify for Champions League

FA Cup: Semi Final

Carabao Cup: Not important

Champions League: Reach First Knockout Round

Expectations rose across the competitions after our over-achievement last campaign. I was pleased to see that they are largely reasonable and attainable.     

Budgets

Transfer: 50 million pounds

Wages: 2.8 million pounds p/w 

The transfer budget dropped back down to 50 million pounds from last season's huge transfer war chest of 90 million while the wage budget stayed the same.

Transfers

424c19eefd5c2567a295d73331292f33.png

All of the players were brought in as replacements for the outgoing players. Dummett, Jansson, Schneiderlin, Holgate, Sandro and Robles were all sold as they were in the last year of their contracts. It wasn't worth extending their contracts as they were either approaching or into their thirties. We ended the transfer window in a healthy financial position where we spent 4 million pounds less than what we raised from the sales. 

Players In

Emil Audero

50ac57c8979a4f15f95066d6e5702d7d.png

Audero has incredible determination and decent goalkeeping ability for a 23-year-old. He comes in to replace Robles as our backup keeper for a mere 4.1 million pounds and it's a win-win situation for us.  

Wesley Hoedt

e17fa0572234e542a95e71df6300ca46.png

Wesley is a tad expensive but he is exactly who we want at center-back. The lad is strong in the air, has fantastic positioning/work rate, and he's left-footed as well. He will compete with Sakho to partner Keane in our central defense. 

Nathaniel Clyne

6a3e1d9b234132f22c19003e6f3e688b.png

This signing was a no-brainer as he was available on a free transfer and I needed someone to replace the outgoing Holgate. Clyne has experience at the top level and he will provide some much needed nous at right-back. 

Marko Grujic

6c5e1cb1bcbfecc3d4ab32465712c013.png

Marko had been on my shortlist since the start of my tenure but I never thought I would be able to sign him as he was at Liverpool. With Schneiderlin's departure, we needed reinforcements in central midfield and to my delight, Liverpool chose not to extend the Serbian's contract. I did not hesitate and went straight for him. 

Rutger Rutten

baeaf603371ffb137bbc77649bacdd85.png

Our scouting team spotted Rutger and this boy has so much talent that I couldn't pass the chance to sign him. The young Belgian has unbelievable dribbling and finishing for his age and his great balance on the ball reminds me a lot of Eden Hazard. He has potential to reach the very top and I can't wait to play a part in his development. 

Opening Fixtures

ceeb37754e17b12e277cf8db6fdb2033.png

The opening fixtures are a lot kinder to us this campaign and we face teams whom we expect to beat in our first five league games. Our first big test will come in late September when we travel to face Man City. 4th season, lets go!

Edited by DavidBeckham
  • 2 weeks later...

England_crest_2009.svg

September, October & November 2020 - England

Squad

0316ca0a755029ee151c8d23c21b68b3.png

This is the pool of players whom I'm looking to work with and it is not surprising to see many of my Everton boys in the list. I've worked with most of them for many years at Merseyside and they should all have a good understanding of my tactical approaches by now. Let's hope that they will bring the familiarity/understanding they've developed at Everton to the England camp!

Goalkeepers

Pickford is my clear first choice as he has grown into the most complete goalkeeper in the country.  Butland leads the rest of the pack to provide backup to the Everton number one.

Defenders

We are well-covered in defense with many of my players able to play at both right and center-back positions. Keane and Dier will be my first choice partnership in central defense with Shaw flanking the duo on their left. Clyne, Gomez & Jones can all start at right-back and my decision will be made based on their form, morale and fitness.

Midfielders

We are blessed with bags of pace in the wide areas as Gray, Sterling, Ibe and the Ox are all incredibly rapid. Gray and Sterling are my current starters down the right and left flanks respectively. Davies and Barkley have done so well for me since I took charge at Everton and the duo will most certainly be given enough opportunities to stake their claims in the first 11. However, they will have to first dislodge the excellent Alli from the 1st 11. Henderson will compete with Mawson (he is currently my 1st choice at Everton) for the midfield anchor role. 

Strikers

Kane is by far the most complete striker we have in the country but his morale has plunged recently due to Tottenham's struggles in the league (they are lingering near the relegation places). Rashford has started a few games for me but he will still be behind Kane in the pecking order if the morale of the Spurs captain improves. 

Fixtures

1053dc93acf711dd8661d778e1cf450a.png

We started on a bad note away in Denmark as we fell to a narrow 0-1 defeat after a Ingvartsen winner in the first half. The lads came roaring back with a convincing 5-1 victory at Wembley. Both Davies and Barkley did me proud by bagging a goal each. After a morale boosting win against minnows Belize, we managed to keep Lewandowski quiet again in our second consecutive comfortable win against the Poles. The speedy trio of Rashford, Gray and Sterling were the goal scorers. In the last fixture of the European League Div. A Group stages, Barkley single-handedly won us the three points. Just look at those goals!

26tnbk.gif

26tnfy.gif

09966c60f1ffd8fcb8230a822c14432b.png

The boys did well to top the group after the disappointing opening defeat against Denmark and we can now look forward to progressing in the competition. It has been a refreshing experience managing England away from my Everton commitments and I'm looking forward to the World Cup Qualifiers next year \o/ 

Edited by DavidBeckham

I've briefly lurked here before but had not seen the Premiership title win. Great work there! You're slowly but surely building one hell of a squad. I quite like the tactic too, I think that's well balanced and provides a lot of different ways of reaching the opposition's goal, reminds me a little of how I used to set up a few FMs back with one winger and one inside forward (in this case IW).

19 hours ago, noikeee said:

I've briefly lurked here before but had not seen the Premiership title win. Great work there! You're slowly but surely building one hell of a squad. I quite like the tactic too, I think that's well balanced and provides a lot of different ways of reaching the opposition's goal, reminds me a little of how I used to set up a few FMs back with one winger and one inside forward (in this case IW).

Cheers mate! I'm basically bringing in unsettled players (Martial, Lacazette etc.) from the big 6 who missed out on the Champions League places to complement the spine of the team (Pickford, Keane, Davies, Barkley). I noticed crossing has improved quite a bit on this version and I'm getting lots of goals from Gray's crosses \o/ 

Edited by DavidBeckham

Just caught up on all of this there. Brilliant work with Everton and congratulations on the Premier League win. Some great singings being made too. Martial, Eriksen and Lacazette to name a few were steals!

On 3/24/2018 at 05:23, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Just caught up on all of this there. Brilliant work with Everton and congratulations on the Premier League win. Some great singings being made too. Martial, Eriksen and Lacazette to name a few were steals!

Cheers mate! Martial & Lacazette have been absolutely outstanding for us! Eriksen's level of performances has never been consistent enough for us though. Barkley is still 1st choice at AMC :)

Edited by DavidBeckham
On 23/03/2018 at 11:27, DavidBeckham said:

62a3137d9093f7f4cee8870808c05d70.png

Our 1st ever appearances in the World Team of the Year :**)

I'd love to see that team try to play out on the field, Messi and Lemar as holding midfielders. #yolo

This guy might seem angry in here but this is how he gives his seal of approval:

giphy.gif 

1 hour ago, noikeee said:

I'd love to see that team try to play out on the field, Messi and Lemar as holding midfielders. #yolo

This guy might seem angry in here but this is how he gives his seal of approval:

giphy.gif 

To be fair, this team would outscore every other team ;) And Messi would run the games from deep like how he's doing at times in real life!