FM Touch 2018 Official Feedback Thread

Can someone from Sigames please play a commentary only match on Fm 17 and then Fm 18 at full speed and then hopefully they will see how the new game is worse- matches take longer as there are no breaks in the match commentary and the match is difficult to follow.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, chucklehead said:

Hi folks

Just bought FMT18, setting up the game right now

Whilst playing '17, I had it so that the sidebar was very thin, just displayed the icons down the side. I'd like the same setup, but I can't remember how I achieved that in the preferences, can somebody help me out?

Cheers people

Preferences - interface - general - sidebar icons only.

Finding it very frustrating that the in-match UI seems to have less options than in previous years.

The loss of the split-view is very disappointing, if I want to look at anything then I lose the ability to see what's happening on the pitch (ok its in the background but some screens are much more obstructive than others).

However, far worse than that is for me personally I play a lot with the use of match stats. I customise the view (typically this would be on the right of the split view) and I choose the stats I want to see.

To see match stats in full now I have to click Analysis > Match Stats > Match Stats (the option on the next screen called Match Stats, as Player Ratings is strangely the first screen in Match Stats) > Customise. 

The solid panel background now completely prevents the view of whats happening behind (even to the point of cutting off the commentary bar) so the game has to be paused. From the experience of using it, it's rather irritating because as I was mentioning before with the continuing issue (which since seems to have improved) it feels very stop-start. 

- - - 

Even if it's a decision that SI want to do away with the split view for one reason or another, the "Analysis" section of the 4 tabs should still really have a full array of match stats available and not be 4 rather meaningless stats in terms of judging how the game is going (it in itself actually has less match stats than the ones which appear on "pitch" view). 

I would suggest perhaps Match Stats and Advice should have their boxes swapped, and the customise button placed back there. 

For me personally it strips out a huge layer of quick decision making. No clear cut chances or half chances? I need to make a change. Now I have to hold the game up to get that information, and every subsequent time I want to re-check it. 

239bfe25e4ffed9b75d24c7b81d70619.jpg

I'm not sure as well if the advice feature is currently non-functional, or if my staff are just rather braindead. I've had no advice from them thus far.

Early days but it looks as though the latest patch has fixed the invisible ball issue, which was my biggest complaint.

For me, that leaves only a couple of problems... 1) the number of 'he didn't mean that' crosses that go to the near post, and 2) aggressive shooting, particularly long shots. I posted a couple of days ago that it looked as though the long shot problem had been solved after being my biggest bugbear in FM17, but having played some 50 or 60 games, I don't think it has. I'm not sure how a tactic with standard mentality and only one attack duty (a wing-back at that) is racking up 20-30 shots a game, with most of those being outside the box. Particularly when almost every outfield player is set to shoot less and the 'work ball' TI is used.

I'm sure some of it is tactical but when trying to play a relatively cautious, patient possession game, surely I shouldn't be seeing everyone on the team get to the 25-yard line and just blaze away. Holding the ball and waiting for support should be an option, no?

On the upside, I may be the only player who's happy with scouting in all aspects, although I'd still like the ability to tweak search parameters outside of the 'search' pop-up dialog.

Overall, with FM18 as it stands, I'd give it a solid 7-8/10.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, shirajzl said:

Where is this  in FMT preferences? @Lucas Weatherby

A miscommunication in the build notes. It is on the Skin Colours panel, which doesn't exist in the FMT skins. I've updated the build notes now.

I've have already posted this in the bugs section but i was wondering if it was just me.

Since the new update my DOF no longer suggests any players for loan or free transfer etc. I am in a transfer window but iI i'm over spending on wages.

Plus i don't like how the new player search parameters pop up if you go over the button without pressing it. (sorry i don't know what else to call the button. Its the one where you change what type of player you're searching for)

Im hoping this is everyone and not just my old PC

2 hours ago, OldTimer said:

I've have already posted this in the bugs section but i was wondering if it was just me.

Since the new update my DOF no longer suggests any players for loan or free transfer etc. I am in a transfer window but iI i'm over spending on wages.

Plus i don't like how the new player search parameters pop up if you go over the button without pressing it. (sorry i don't know what else to call the button. Its the one where you change what type of player you're searching for)

Im hoping this is everyone and not just my old PC

He hasn't suggested anyone to me either. 

On 04/11/2017 at 01:59, bennys said:

Can someone from Sigames please play a commentary only match on Fm 17 and then Fm 18 at full speed and then hopefully they will see how the new game is worse- matches take longer as there are no breaks in the match commentary and the match is difficult to follow.

THIS!

What on earth have you done to commentary only!?  This is terrible it takes so long compared to FM Touch 17.  PLEASE this needs sorting before release date!

Some UI improvements in Touch that deserved a thumbs up.

I'm not sure if they changed it after I reported it or they already have this change in mind. Using the 125% zoom, only one player can be seen for each set piece selection.

5a01970954eed_Napoli_SetPiecesSetPieceTakers.thumb.png.203803545f03508c38aa4d7151e6abec.png

After the patch.

5a019588db20d_Valencia_SetPiecesSetPieceTakers.thumb.png.ad9302a959d3e9e01396896f224dc8a8.png

More stats. After mistakes leading to goals, the stats below that are all new addition. Can we also have more of that in the team stats column as well?

5a01963fbf922_LaLiga_StatsPlayerStats.thumb.png.0c76de509bdcf6e7b7bdf5513d919d85.png

Edited by vasilli07

The change to the smaller icons/less space used to indicate where players are on the pitch in the pre-game line up screen is a good improvement. 

I'm also liking how discrete/non-obstructive the notifications are for advice, with the small green message bar. They catch your eye, but aren't actually obstructing your view of anything. 

On the dark skin version of FMT, this screen is definitely causing my eyes a few issues:

03452101d86c891eb53893108eead492.jpg

To my eyes the scores from Forest Green - Barrow down are getting harder to read, and the Tranmere - Maidstone game at the bottom is very difficult to see, especially the first goalscorer for either team. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Lashley said:

Injuries are WAYYYYYY too common

Annoying.

They're in line with real life statistics. You might see 'more' but these tend to be knocks and short injuries.

16 minutes ago, santy001 said:

On the dark skin version of FMT, this screen is definitely causing my eyes a few issues:

03452101d86c891eb53893108eead492.jpg

To my eyes the scores from Forest Green - Barrow down are getting harder to read, and the Tranmere - Maidstone game at the bottom is very difficult to see, especially the first goalscorer for either team. 

Can you post this in the FM Touch bugs forum?

4 minutes ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

They're in line with real life statistics. You might see 'more' but these tend to be knocks and short injuries.

Can you post this in the FM Touch bugs forum?

It has been logged. 

• Administrators

FM Touch is now available on Steam for PC, Mac and Linux. 

Remember, it is not available for tablets (iOS/Android) yet until November 24th.

I'm pretty happy with FMT. A couple of minor issues...

1. Noticed that the .tac files were automatically converted to .fmf files. A nice touch - but they won't import. However, I managed to load a .fmf tactic file from FM17 and everything seems to be working as expected.

2. Although the mis-hit crossing issue is less noticeable, it's still there. First league game of the season and three consecutive highlights were 'he didn't mean that' crosses. On the upside, I saw more decent crosses in one game than in the whole of the beta.

3. The issue with defending indirect free kicks, where everyone stands in a straight line and nobody moves until long after the kick is taken, might still be present. I haven't yet explicitly set freekick routines so that might solve it but would be interested to hear of other's experiences.

Otherwise, on brief acquaintance, it looks and plays great. If we could get scouting attribute searches back in the main screen rather than hidden in the pop-up dialog box, that would be brilliant!

• Administrators
1 hour ago, warlock said:

1. Noticed that the .tac files were automatically converted to .fmf files. A nice touch - but they won't import. However, I managed to load a .fmf tactic file from FM17 and everything seems to be working as expected.

This is intended behaviour due to Steam Workshop I'm afraid. You'd need the saves and then 're-save' the .tacs as FMF.

Will take your other feedback on board thanks for getting in touch :) 

I know i could just wait till i finish work tonight but i just wondered if someone knew this.

Is the DOF transfer suggestions bug been fixed on the final release. I've put on hold my save since it stopped working, because i like using it to find players. I posted in the bug forum last Saturday and have not got any reply as yet?

1 hour ago, OldTimer said:

I know i could just wait till i finish work tonight but i just wondered if someone knew this.

Is the DOF transfer suggestions bug been fixed on the final release. I've put on hold my save since it stopped working, because i like using it to find players. I posted in the bug forum last Saturday and have not got any reply as yet?

I've got some suggestions from him.

24 minutes ago, Zek said:

Is it just me, or does the AI rarely buy new players in the first transfer period?

Remember that although we're usually starting a game at the beginning of pre-season, all of the squads are updated to the end of the transfer period. So most clubs have already spent their transfer budget before the save starts.

21 minutes ago, bandi said:

I've got some suggestions from him.

Cheers bandi. The kids and wife are out tonight so it's back to FMT and BK Forward for me, as soon as i get home. :D 

32 minutes ago, warlock said:

Remember that although we're usually starting a game at the beginning of pre-season, all of the squads are updated to the end of the transfer period. So most clubs have already spent their transfer budget before the save starts.

I know, but even a club like Barcelona doesn't spend anything and they start with a budget of 80 million.

Another minor issue...

During matches, the pop-up window that allowed you to change the replay speed and upload a video to YT has disappeared. Not bothered about uploading videos but it means that there's no way to control the replay speed, which is set at a faster level and makes it difficult to follow. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Scazza14 said:

Will the iPad version of touch have an editor??

No, I've covered this already on the forum why this isn't possible for Touch.

• Administrators

We've just released Hotfix 18.1.1 to address a stability issue related to starting a career game in Sweden. 

To get the update you'll need to shut down the game and restart Steam to begin the download process. 

Many thanks. 

Before posting in the bug forum. I am frequently getting feeder clubs in the country i am playing in. Can't remember though that i ever received a larger club as affiliate. And i am usually playing lower league management. Same goes for a work permit feeder club. Anyone knows differently?

new camera angles are bad. i used zoomed vertical scrolling, but now stands block the view during corners even in max zoom out and max height. it still looks different than it looked before, no idea why you removed old camera angles when people already got used to them.

8 hours ago, warlock said:

Another minor issue...

During matches, the pop-up window that allowed you to change the replay speed and upload a video to YT has disappeared. Not bothered about uploading videos but it means that there's no way to control the replay speed, which is set at a faster level and makes it difficult to follow. 

and where's the button to skip the replay?

14 hours ago, Toothless Gibbon said:

Microtransactions?

Lucas replied saying that SI wants the features of FMT on Desktop and tablet to be exact copy. So no editor, until there is an editor for the tablet version. Don't know the technicalities of it, but seems tablets have not the technology capacity to handle the editor.

He explained it here: 

In case you wish to reply to it, do it there. Also if you want an editor I recommend you to post in the wishlist thread on the FMT sub-forum.  The more the merrier. ;)

Edited by grade