FM Touch 2018 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a small thing i've noticed lately but when the ref blows his whistle for say a corner or penalty, the sound itself happens just before you see the event happen. (Im watching in 3D/PC version). I keep thinking there's a penalty when the ball gets crossed into the box and 2 players challenge for the ball. The whistle then goes, only to see the ball then go behind for a corner.

Is anyone else seeing this or have i just got something not set up right on my PC?

Playing on Android tablet, my opinion about the match UI itself (about all the things around - still not played enough to make opinion, just tested the match UI itself).

Pros- the only one for me - cameras height and zoom

Cons - a lot! I will just notice most annoying:

Pixelated graphics, though I understand that my device is not the best, so graphics was sacrified for devices like mine. Seems like no pitch condition details are shown - all the venues looks perfect 100%. Same for weather - I don't see rain or snow despite weather states about it

Actions floating bar (shape, quick subs etc) - should be right after the score, not below - waste of valuable space

Score bar - was better in 17 - both sides and the score at the same line, why you did change it? Waste of space now

When the goal is scored, in 16-17 it was nice popup at the bottom with current score and photo of the player, now it is on the top and no score shown, it was far better in 17

When replay is being played, there is annoying big popup with speed setting and skip button, it takes too much space

Settings should be like it was in 17 - at the bottom

Less cameras... It was nice in 17 to see replays from a lot of available angles

No way to see attributes - very very annoying

No way to see goals replays after match finished (and still in the match) - not good and disappointing

No "Info" tab with goalscorers, attendance etc. - very bad 

The match takes now much longer time - pauses between highlights are longer, processing is slower. Annoying. We want faster matches

Players atcs like robots, unrealistic at all. What you did with the match engine?

For summary - 17 was far far better. Very disappointed. Hope you will read my post

Since the update i've got a problem with players with slight knocks. The orange INJ symbol no longer is shown next to their name on either the player's rating widget or the player's rating pop up between highlights. (3D/PC) Its only shows when you go to the tactics screen.

I do like the new tactics screen though. (In match). Its much better having the list of players players names and roles, along with the formation layout. Cheers

When you look at the tactics screen (not in match), there seems to be something missing from the players box on the pitch. I might be wrong but i think its player roles.

On 15/12/2017 at 17:50, OldTimer said:

Since the update i've got a problem with players with slight knocks. The orange INJ symbol no longer is shown next to their name on either the player's rating widget or the player's rating pop up between highlights. (3D/PC) Its only shows when you go to the tactics screen.

I do like the new tactics screen though. (In match). Its much better having the list of players players names and roles, along with the formation layout. Cheers

When you look at the tactics screen (not in match), there seems to be something missing from the players box on the pitch. I might be wrong but i think its player roles.

Yes and freeze cant change an injury players when you still got chance to change a players. Keep restart the game to continue.

While I've found the updated in match tactics screen to be a fantastic improvement, I still find it a little jarring that the opposition instructions is a pop-up overlay window of sorts on that screen. 

From time to time, when I notice an opposition player is carrying a knock or on low condition I will use OI's to up the pressure on them, harder tackling, more aggressive closing down etc. While it's not every match occurrence, it's still a frequent, mid-game situation I like to react to and it still always throws me off a little I have to click to bring it up, click "ok" and then have to click again to confirm the changes. 

It's not major, but it leads to some redundant clicking, or staying in the tactics screen longer as I'm used to the older layout which was a bit more fluid for going straight back to the action. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bought the game today. Some thoughts after two hours of playing:

UI is so much worse than FM 15! (I didn't buy neither 16 nor 17) 

Disappointed to see the game is slightly laggy. i5 6200U, 8GB RAM, Intel Graphics 520. Not a gaming machine by any means, but I had no issues with FM 15. Game is still perfectly playable, but noticeable framedrops. 

Joselu (I'm Newcastle) scored 4 in my first league match?! So much for realism, hahaha! 😂 

Love the improvements of the tactic screen. Much better than 15.

Why is resizing columns still an issue? It was in 15 too! Seriously, the game is all about stats, how hard can it be to present spreadsheet columns properly! Gah. 

Overall I have the feeling that 15 is the better game, if it weren't for the outdated data. I'll probably keep on playing 18, but glad I didn't pay full price (Steam sale) for this.

So far, the game feels tougher than 16.  I've started with lower league sides (well, started with Leeds, got sacked, then got offered a job with Barnet who were rock bottom of league two....), but I'm finding it harder that 16.

Penalties.  There are shedloads of penalties being given.  Last season in a particularly frustrating spell, I was giving away a penalty every second game - literally.  I counted a spell of 22 games where I conceded 11 pens (and received none...). 

In the very last game I played (a grudge match, my new side Notts County vs Barnet - who I quit to take over at County), it was a 2-2 draw.  I received 2 pens, they received one... (in the 89th minute.... agggghhh).

This could just be being unlucky, or noticing it more, but the number of penalties was ridiculously high.

• 1 month later...

After the update I’ve had a message that one of my loan signings is feeling the pressure after not breaking his goal drought at my club, and is losing confidence. 

It was the first game of the season......

I hope there haven’t been major behind the scenes morale etc changes. 

OK - during every match my assistant loves to help out with feedback. This would be great if it actually made any sense! Currently it is all over the place:

10 mins: we should encourage our team to play shorter passes

17 mins: we should play more direct passes

I can't tweak the tactic for every 5 minutes. I assume this 'advice' is merely based upon statistics, like "IF pass completion is less than 70 % THEN advice SHORT PASS" or something. Might as well disable this feature.

• 3 weeks later...

Some feedback I've been thinking over for a while, there's a lot of positives that I don't mention but I've done my best to try and provide a direct to the point opening couple of sentences - and then explain in more depth (below the - - -)

Scouting:

Scouting this year feels very bizarre and jarring, there is little intuitive to the set-up and no real accompanying guidance. I'm not sure if its a bug, but without very explicit parameters on what to search for it seems scouts just turn up results on players you're very much aware of.

For example, my UK & Ireland Scout has reports on Dybala, De Bruyne, Gabriel Jesus, Dele Alli, Isco, Laporte etc. There is not a single scout on a player outside of the premier league, and there is not a single report on anyone who is not a big, well established name or already a massively hyped up prospect. 

- - -

In response to this I decided to delve a little deeper, I set a restriction on a European wide scout of "age is at most 21" started on 20/7/2019 and the current date is 8/8/2020 so a little over a year. He has 6 reports. 2 of whom are very much established prospects (Sander Berge who has since turned 22, and Felice D'Amico who is valued over £10m). 

Having realised the disappointment here, I decided to go a little further and set up another scout on 17/5/2020 with age is at most 21, scouted potential is at least useful. This scout dug up 9 players in the space of 3 months.

On FM18 I haven't really had the experience of my scout unearthing a player and me deciding to sign. What has frequently been the case is I filter down to identify a player, then manually assign a scout seeking a back-up from the scout for my initial thoughts. It feels like being more prescriptive will (obviously perhaps) yield results along the lines you want but the scouting system surely is there to find the players you don't know about - rather than giving me reports on players who are obviously well known in football. 

In my experience it was a little against what FMT is supposed to be - the nuance and depth feeling mandatory to get what you want - rather than being an added extra. 

Transfers:

Buying:

Right now its very easy to influence the transfer market as a whole. The new (or at least, more visible) checkbox options that accompany interested in transfer, and the "extremely interested" tag on reports make it very open to manipulation.

In short: Make a non-negotiable bid for an extremely interested player at around the players value and you will make the player unhappy.

- - -

I came across this by accident when struggling to attract players, I would tick the box, hit extremely interested on the options and look at who was there. I bid for the player with what I felt was a fair amount, the club rejected but the player instantly went to unhappy and eventually requests a transfer.

I spent the last season playing around with it a bit, and basically there is nothing that impedes upon or lessens the ability of me going around and throwing in non-negotiable at the players value bids to clubs to unsettle their players. In my experience, as a player when a bid comes in that makes a player unhappy I get the little conversation to at least attempt to remedy it. In my experience the AI manager doesn't seem to really win-out in this situation at all.

It's worth noting that this does affect clubs with a bigger reputation than my own, as Liverpool I'm unsettling players at Barcelona and Real Madrid who are "unhappy the transfer was blocked" yet on the flip side I'm suffering from players who want to play for these clubs because they play in a better league. 

To me it feels like some bigger picture thinking is missing from the players decision making process.

It's not a bug because of course I should be able to buy players from these clubs, and make a compelling argument to join me through what I've won - but it felt a little strange I could so easily force Messi away from Barcelona by throwing in a £30m non-negotiable bid, and waiting to see what happens.

Selling:

When it comes to selling players there's another element at play which feels a bit strange. The way in which clubs seem to act in tandem, as though they've conspired to all bid the same when they begin negotiations at the same time - but the utter lack of awareness when joining the bidding later on.

So a brief overview is that when clubs bid at the same time, they all seem to make the same decisions (finances permitting).

When joining a bidding process that's already begun, clubs seem to have no idea what the others are doing. 

- - -

To explain my situation:

I offer out a player for transfer, unspecified fee as I want to see what kind of interest there is.

10 clubs respond.

8 clubs offer £17.5m
2 clubs offer a slightly lower and over time based deal.

After cutting the 2 lower offers from clubs who don't have the means, I negotiate up all the other 8 clubs by telling them £30m.

Every club then comes back with an identical offer of something like £20.5m, £1m in installments, non-negotiable. 

To me this feels very simplistic, each of these clubs is going to need this player to a varying degree. I don't know what the right solution is, but this just doesn't feel right. I would expect that most likely based on the players reputation etc the game has determined that X is a fair amount irrespective of the club factors and that is what the clubs have bid. 

However, despite this working in tandem appearance beforehand, when it comes to another player it goes the entire opposite way.

Real Madrid bid for my striker, around £80m (for a player valued just above £80m and has scored over 60 goals last year, who has 4 years left on his contract) so I just reject it out of hand. 

Real Madrid come back with a negotiated bid up at around £120m - I just reject it out of hand.

Real Madrid come back again with a new bid of just under £160m. I negotiate to tell them a deal worth £210m would be what I want in total.

Barcelona join the bidding race, with a bid of less than £80m. While details aren't public, it is safe to assume that somewhere communication would be made that a £160m bid wasn't deemed good enough before a bid was even made. Indeed, everyone on the in-game social media seemed to be well aware of Real Madrids interest, so why weren't Barcelona?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, 

I am wondering if anyone can help me. 

I have been playing FM since 08, love it can't fault it. 

I just bought a Pixel two and am transitioning my apps from my iPhone. does anyone know how to restore the FM purchase on my pixel?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

S

Hmm, I'm not an expert with how SI/Sega have set up their purchases or accounts, but generally transferring purchases from Apple devices (iTunes store) to a Google Play device is not going to work.

If there is a a Sega/SI login that validates behind the scenes, maybe you'll be ok?  I'm not sure.  good luck!

Edited by thesandman

On 26/03/2018 at 15:10, santy001 said:

Scouting:

I have to say I don't really see the point of scouting as such because, as you said, scouts provide very little actual reports on unknown players. What they do, and that is just what I think happens, is they reveal more players when you go into player search screen (and filter potential targets). The more they scout a region/nation, the more players from there you'll see visible in player search screen. If I'm wrong in this, then scouts are really useless in FMT. I hope I'm right. :/

On 26/03/2018 at 15:10, santy001 said:

Buying:

While I've noticed it's easy to unsettle players, I haven't really seen the benefits because even for an unhappy player, the AI quotes ridiculous sums most of the time.

• Administrators
On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 04:03, Samus88 said:

I just bought a Pixel two and am transitioning my apps from my iPhone. does anyone know how to restore the FM purchase on my pixel?

Separate stores so they are separate purchases I'm afraid.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Uwextreme said:

Looking forward to trying this on the Switch, is there a season limit?

Yes, 30 season limit.

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Lucas Weatherby:

Yes, 30 season limit.

I really would have loved to play this game on my switch, but the season limit changes all :(. I think the switch has enough power - so why not without limit?

Greetings from Austria

I’d like to play Fm touch on the Switch without the joycon. Most things seem to work but I am missing a way to call up the sidebar as well as the ability to “go back”. Basically, the left side buttons on the joycon. Am I missing something? Having the sidebar permanently there like on the ipad would be great. 

On 4/13/2018 at 20:41, Lucas Weatherby said:

Yes, 30 season limit.

On 4/14/2018 at 17:35, E81 said:

I really would have loved to play this game on my switch, but the season limit changes all :(. I think the switch has enough power - so why not without limit?

Greetings from Austria

Yeah came here to ask about season limit,  it's a shame as that puts a bit of a damper on things for me as my best favourite saves are where I can go 50/60 plus seasons.

I was seriously thinking of getting a Switch for this game and FIFA, might still go for it anyway as I will just have to adapt my approach with the 30 season limit in mind, will still have longer save going on Laptop anyway so won't exactly be a deal breaker for me.

Is it a 3 league limit as well?

Edited by Maw74

• Administrators
On 21/04/2018 at 15:30, Maw74 said:

Is it a 3 league limit as well?

Yep, it is. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried the FM 2018 Touch Demo, and I can't find the option to view the preferred player role attributes from the tactic screen. Am I missing something, or is that highly helpful function really removed?

I haven't played any new FM since the 2013 version, so here's some first impressions:

- The different skill level of player attributes should be easier to distinguish from each other (using more varied colours, for instance).

-The player attributes and player role attributes should be easily available from the tactic screen (and not hidden after a new page or two).

-The keyboard pop up could perhaps be disabled for pc versions of the game?

-A random generic rock tune is not the first thing I need when starting a new FM game.

- I guess the noticeable lag after some screen clicks will become even more noticeable with time...

Is there a possibility to have the team formation screen show vertically and not horizontally on pc? I have seen football matches for 20 years, and I have NEVER seen anyone line up the team in that way. If I have, it's erased from memory for self-protective purposes. I can understand the need to do it like that for portables on the couch etc, but it's just unneccessary to have it like that on pc, and also conflicting design.

On the plus side the game simulation visuals have taken quite a few steps in the rigth direction since 2013, eh...don't know if my first games' 4-1 win (with a 5-minute selected first 11) was an programmed incentive to buy the full game or just pure luck...

Bit of feedback on the player interaction within FMT.

In FM Touch players will become unsettled, or unhappy, to the point of prompting a conversation about wanting to join a specific club.

- - -

The problem with this is that the club in question such as Barcelona, haven't bid for the player. So the player is coming in and saying he wants to leave but there's been no transfer talks.

In the main game there are options regarding "if they bid..." but this isn't available in FMT and it results overwhelmingly in a negative outcome. It doesn't feel quite right as it is. Perhaps either adding another option, that states how you will deal with any potential bid - or not having this as an element of FMT until after an initial bid.

• 2 weeks later...

I've logged 30-something hours on the PC version now. Question: I'm seeing so many misplaced passes from defenders to GK's, ending up as corners. It's usually my opponents doing this, and I'm happy with getting the 'free' corners and all (I hardly ever score from them, but that's another debate), but this feels really poor. I don't recall seeing such mistakes that often in real football, but in this game I usually see 1-3 in every match.

Is this just me / my tactics? Or are anyone else seeing this too?

Small question, I'm going to buy an iPad and as a real addict of the full version I will obviously install FM on my iPad as well.

Now I wanted to know if it is possible to add facepaks and real logos to FM touch on an iPad or not?

14 hours ago, NixoN1994 said:

Small question, I'm going to buy an iPad and as a real addict of the full version I will obviously install FM on my iPad as well.

Now I wanted to know if it is possible to add facepaks and real logos to FM touch on an iPad or not?

Nope not officially,which ipad?

8 hours ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

No, it's not.

Really?

The last time I played on iPad was FM14 and I managed to add facepacks and club logos back then.

What has changed?

Are you just saying "no" because it is not authorized by SI and it is actually possible?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 30/05/2018 at 17:50, McClane29 said:

Really?

The last time I played on iPad was FM14 and I managed to add facepacks and club logos back then.

What has changed?

Are you just saying "no" because it is not authorized by SI and it is actually possible?

How did you done that in a IPAd? 

Does it need a jailbreak device?

• 2 weeks later...

Playing on the Switch using just a pro controller. I keep hitting the "Continue" button when I don't want to! Many times, without thinking, I hit ZR to get back to the page I just left using LR, it just feels natural.  It even happens sometimes as I put the controller down!

Is it just me, or something other players have experienced, but eventually got used to?

Can't see any remapping facility, or any way to remove "Continue" from the "ZR" button, so would it be possible in future versions to move "Continue" to a less convenient button, or add a disable function?

xxx

I just purchased FM 2018/FMT 2018 on steam for my Thinkpad X1 Carbon 6th gen, after being away from the game for a long time. I was a huge fan before the game was even readily available in the U.S. and worked with Marc back then and managed to get a U.S. computer gaming magazine I was writing for let me write a review of one of the early CMs back then. Which is just a long winded way of saying big fan of the series. ;)

My gaming time is more limited these days so I may try starting with FMT to ease back into the series. One question (having never played anything but the full version) - do the third party tactics that you can find elsewhere for the full version also work in FMT?

Thanks

Sorry for the consecutive posts (could do with a stupid questions thread).

I noticed a post from Alex Pitt stating that you can watch the Full Match on the Switch version, but there's no option above Comprehensive on the highlight list - was it removed?

Also, (totally unrelated) when I start a new topic, my last topic is still in the typing space, I don't remember it being like this, am I doing something wrong?

(apart from posting all over this thread that is)

xxx

On the off chance that somebody searches this, turns out you can watch the full match on the Switch. However, for reasons unknown, the option isn't available in the "highlights" list under "Preferences". I eventually found it during a match under "Options", along with a host of other camera choices. "Options" can be accessed from a left side bar, triggered with the "Left" shoulder button, during a match.

Edited by pigfacemonkeyman
Found it.

12 hours ago, jefflackey said:

I just purchased FM 2018/FMT 2018 on steam for my Thinkpad X1 Carbon 6th gen, after being away from the game for a long time. I was a huge fan before the game was even readily available in the U.S. and worked with Marc back then and managed to get a U.S. computer gaming magazine I was writing for let me write a review of one of the early CMs back then. Which is just a long winded way of saying big fan of the series. ;)

My gaming time is more limited these days so I may try starting with FMT to ease back into the series. One question (having never played anything but the full version) - do the third party tactics that you can find elsewhere for the full version also work in FMT?

Thanks

It's the same ME, so no reason it cannot.

And welcome back. :)

• 1 month later...

Some feedback I'd like to offer up is that I find it frustrating to be playing the game at present with the fact complacency is very much a part of the game, but we have no tangible mechanic in FMT to combat complacency. 

Unless I'm missing something, the only option is to sub a player, but it can be the problem is you just don't have enough subs. More specifically, its a major problem affecting players who are subbed on, it is very common to sub on fresh players when winning a game to see they are complacent from the moment they step onto the pitch.

I feel like there has to be something to mitigate it, it's extremely frequent even with an assistant manager who has 19 for level of discipline, 19 motivating and 16 man management - of course he shouldn't be perfect but the lack of options to be tackle it is a bit of a problem. 

Not an easy solution to offer in suggestion it just doesn't feel right, ultimately I would suggest something needs to be in the background that works it from the assistant manager to better handle this rather than make it more like the main game and put it on the players. If it is currently supposed to be like that, then after 40 seasons, numerous assistant managers and many more numerous playing squads I would suggest that it is not working correctly.

• 3 weeks later...