FM Touch 2018 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update out but I have noticed no difference in speed for commentary only option. I hate that possession is no longer a stat you can see whilst the match is being played and the action areas have been there since Champ Manager and now have gone.

For the first time ever I am considering going back a year- FM17 seems to be far more playable- 18 has too many needless changes which I think are worse.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, rdbayly said:

How do you set up a second and third tactic please? I can only seem to set up 1 in the TC.

There is no Tactical Familiarity in FMT so you only see one slot.

Just save any others you want to use and you can load them in when you want.

1 hour ago, RacingAKD said:

Hello there, sorry for my bad english, for anyone that is already playing the game, I know that the 2d classic was changed, I play fmt 17 like the pic below, it will be possible to play fmt 18 in a similar way? thanks in advance.

captfmt17.JPG

Yes you can dock pitch widgets by dragging them to create a split view.

49 minutes ago, Lucas Weatherby said:
2 hours ago, RacingAKD said:

Hello there, sorry for my bad english, for anyone that is already playing the game, I know that the 2d classic was changed, I play fmt 17 like the pic below, it will be possible to play fmt 18 in a similar way? thanks in advance.

captfmt17.JPG

Yes you can dock pitch widgets by dragging them to create a split view.

Thanks!

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, penza said:

has anybody managed to score a direct free kick yet?

My GK has come close, need to play more matches ;)

You completely ruined this game for me. Fm 17 was perfect and you changed things without warning..

Why is club value not in this game anymore? That was the most interesting part of the game.. Please bring it back! i feel like **** buying this and finding out this is not in the game anymore. 

Same goes with nation club coefficients.. You want to see how the league you are playing in is performing vs other leagues.. Where is the Qualification places menu?

Why do you just change these succesfull things, really cant believe it at all!!!

35 minutes ago, samelders86 said:

Abdelhak Nouri (Ajax) is retiring in 2020. In real life he is in a perminant coma with severe braindamage, not able to play footfall for the rest of his life. Sad story, but retire date should be set in 2017.. Or he has to be removed from the Ajax squad..

It appears the game is following the gesture Ajax have made for Nouri by including him in their squad. If he is playing then that potentially needs to be flagged as a data issue as I expect he would have an injury set up until his retirement date. Andy Wilkinson at Stoke developed a brain condition that left him unable to play any further, the game is limited in how it can represent career ending conditions but still have players contracted to clubs and registered as players. The solution then was to set a very lengthy injury, well beyond the contract expiry which would lead to him retiring. 

23 minutes ago, santy001 said:

It appears the game is following the gesture Ajax have made for Nouri by including him in their squad. If he is playing then that potentially needs to be flagged as a data issue as I expect he would have an injury set up until his retirement date. Andy Wilkinson at Stoke developed a brain condition that left him unable to play any further, the game is limited in how it can represent career ending conditions but still have players contracted to clubs and registered as players. The solution then was to set a very lengthy injury, well beyond the contract expiry which would lead to him retiring. 

Agreed, that would be the way to deal with this very very sad situation ingame..

The games seemed to take a lot longer to play even when you have it on commentary only and very fast speed.

is there anyway to switch back to the 2017 skin etc ? I don’t like all the new graphics etc and it was easier to navigate around. I’ve even gone back to playing 2017 as I prefer it.

Are we getting an updated database for the release of the full game or do we have to wait longer?

Only thing keeping me from starting a save is that Roma wage budget thingy. I'm just so neurotic about realism. :lol:

Apart from that the game looks good IMO. Haven't tried actually playing it yet. Just browsing through menus. Only thing that bothers me a bit and this has been mentioned before is that lag when clicking on a player in the squad menu to open the player card screen (or whatever it's called). Can't be about my hardware because it's more than capable of running FM at maximum speed. Hope this is something that can be improved because it's something the previous versions have never had.

I've not got the beta so far. For the first time ever, I don't know if it's worth getting this year's version. In comparison to FMT17 feedback seems a bit mixed. 

Hopefully they'll iron things like 2D and speed up. 

As someone who exclusively plays FMT (tablet version) since 2015, i'm not finding enough reasons to be excited about this year iteration.

For what i've read from the feedback thread, for the PC version, we don't have a single new feature that is exclusive to FMT, and from all the new features that are common to the full fat version, only a few will be perceptible in FMT like the new version of the ME, and the improvement of the AI and 3D graphics.

i understand that are limitations in FMT, particulary for the tablet version, that prevents SI to implement everything that they (we) want, and don't get me wrong, those improvements are good and i'm happy that they came to the game, but in the end just feels short that after a year we only get some improvements in features that were already in the game and a new database.

I will probably buy the game, but with that feeling that i'm buying a patched version of FMT17 or something like that.

7 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

As someone who exclusively plays FMT (tablet version) since 2015, i'm not finding enough reasons to be excited about this year iteration.

For what i've read from the feedback thread, for the PC version, we don't have a single new feature that is exclusive to FMT, and from all the new features that are common to the full fat version, only a few will be perceptible in FMT like the new version of the ME, and the improvement of the AI and 3D graphics.

i understand that are limitations in FMT, particulary for the tablet version, that prevents SI to implement everything that they (we) want, and don't get me wrong, those improvements are good and i'm happy that they came to the game, but in the end just feels short that after a year we only get some improvements in features that were already in the game and a new database.

I will probably buy the game, but with that feeling that i'm buying a patched version of FMT17 or something like that.

What brand new, exclusive features would you like added to FMT?

• Administrators

The whole point of FMT is that it is quicker to play. We're very much open to ideas, but we don't want to bloat the experience for the sake of "new features" unless it adds something. 

And besides - FMT gets all the goodies of the match engine, tactics and transfers features in any case. This year it has Medical Centre and Scouting Centre as well.

27 minutes ago, shirajzl said:

What brand new, exclusive features would you like added to FMT?

I think that i probably didn't explain myself right. When i say "exclusive features for FMT", it's not that i want things that are new even for the full fat version. 

I'm talking about features that exist in the full fat version and that, imo, should also be in the touch version: 

1) Full control of tutoring

2) Pre-save game editor

3) full youth intake

4) 3 nations limitation replace for a "league limitation" so that we could manage in more nations (i know this one it's difficult)

5) multi-choose option, something in the line of the "select all" that it's possible in the PC

6) Competitions registration (national leagues, champions league, europa league, etc)

None of these features would make FMT a slower game play experience.

And, if those ideas are too memory consuming, i'll trade them for:

1) option to turn off  the logos, kits and faces that come in the game, so that it could speed up things

2) option to turn off all the 3D cameras in the game

3) the 3D manager avatar in the begining

Edited by Keyzer Soze

1) I agree. It would be nice for our newgens not get fu*ked by auto tutoring, lowering their determination etc.

2) I've never used editor and would never want to or need to

3) I think that would be unnecessary bloat in the game

4) 5) Those are tablet issues so can't comment since I play on PC

6) That's another thing I think would actually take away from FMT experience. All those HG rules etc. would just complicate things and detach from the core experience.

You see, the point I'm making is not what's my opinion on your suggestions but the fact that every new feature would for some be just what's needed, but for others it would make a wrong step towards full FM.

What I would like is more information already in the game be more visible to us. For example, a decision to remove club value figure from the club screen is very poor. Things like yearly salary stats for the league would be nice, in my opinion, while not too taxing etc.

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

full youth intake

FYI, the reason this is not in Touch is because we just give you the best of your intake already, rather than giving you choice and bloating the game with a few days exercise / mini game of pick and choose the youth players.

1 hour ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

FYI, the reason this is not in Touch is because we just give you the best of your intake already, rather than giving you choice and bloating the game with a few days exercise / mini game of pick and choose the youth players.

How is that accomplished btw.? Sometimes i get only one or two youth players, even with great facilities and setup.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Linie said:

How is that accomplished btw.? Sometimes i get only one or two youth players, even with great facilities and setup.

The game also determines what is needed when generating youth. 

When it looks at your club, it will look at the size of your squad as well as your facilities / setup to determine how many come through. 

38 minutes ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

The game also determines what is needed when generating youth. 

When it looks at your club, it will look at the size of your squad as well as your facilities / setup to determine how many come through. 

So, if i have a top team, i probably get zero players from my youth intake? i asked this because i had years when no one came and i never knew why.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Keyzer Soze said:

So, if i have a top team, i probably get zero players from my youth intake? i asked this because i had years when no one came and i never knew why.

If you have loads of players the game probably sees no need for you to get (m)any youth.

But really its worth sending us a save when you see this so we can look at it. Every little bit helps us if you can.

Hi folks

Just bought FMT18, setting up the game right now

Whilst playing '17, I had it so that the sidebar was very thin, just displayed the icons down the side. I'd like the same setup, but I can't remember how I achieved that in the preferences, can somebody help me out?

Cheers people