FM18: Hidden Gems

benchester

On 1/12/2018 at 17:56, saihtam said:

Who do you play as? Thinking of starting new save with Paris FC, will he go for so low team?

I started with Paris FC and he's been a club legend. Still with us after 8 seasons and destroying Barca and other teams in the CL

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand, I have bought this guy for the last 3 fm games, but I havbe never seen any mention of him in any thread. 
The name is Mande Sayouba 24 yr. old goalkeeper. A new Buffon for any low table club in top 5 leagues. And a great first keeper for any other club. 
You can buy him for €300k. 
He performs every time.

On 09/02/2018 at 22:04, kmido said:

Does anybody else have Wassim Karoui on their game? Tunisian striker. Has a release clause of 575k. Has 48 goals in 42 for me in the Eredivisie.

Think he may well have random stats and no fixed position - he's a goalkeeper according to Transfermarkt!

On 18.11.2017 at 12:28, Cedrik said:

5a1018a353f97-rsz_1player.png

Not sure if already named in this thread, but this guy seems class. Seen his CA could easily be a decent back-up for most European top teams. 

Was planning to sign him at the start of my second season on my Barnsley save, but he signed for some chinese team. £275k transfer fee, £110k per week in wages ... So much for my bargain winger :(

Juan Carlos - Goalkeeper from Lugo.

Picked him up for 1.1m in my Rangers save and in 5 games he has 3 clean sheets and also saved 2 penaltys in the one game. Average rating is 7.40 which is very decent for a GK.

Not on my comp so can't post screenshot.

• 2 weeks later...

CB - Jordan Torunarigha from Hertha Berlin is a stud and relatively unknown. I play Hertha and even though i have bought numerous upgrades he still plays and plays well. Not sure what he would cost to pry away from them but he is worth a shot.

On 01/03/2018 at 04:36, jimbowan said:

CB - Jordan Torunarigha from Hertha Berlin is a stud and relatively unknown. I play Hertha and even though i have bought numerous upgrades he still plays and plays well. Not sure what he would cost to pry away from them but he is worth a shot.

Yeah his very good on my Berlin save. They actually have a pretty decent squad.

Aubrey Modiba is pretty good budget LB

Few who seem to have been given significant boosts following the winter update:

First up, probably my favourite; Santiago Caseres. Was good previously but those mental stats all hard-coded now. Busquets Jr!

Caseres.thumb.png.6182af56bd24dcbb5b4b630fb9fd3958.png

Another who was very good previously but think he's had a minor boost and his favoured foot is now correct - Lautaro Martínez. Probably the best young player outside Europe at game start. Sadly, players in the Argentine league seem to have had their values increased post-patch.

Lautaro.thumb.png.43d72b81d02e5ed93eb142aa009c1ae1.png

Seems that the Austrian league now has a dedicated researcher; the below 3 all had good PA ranges previously but now their attributes are hard-coded rather than random:

Dario Maresic:

Maresic.thumb.png.aae25fe09e276d3bba3e2c92e59289f3.png

Xaver Schlager:

Schlager.thumb.png.5f831a17a231052442adef76b78e3d05.png

Amadou Haidara:

Haidara.thumb.png.a8bec55e7e7ddba135ca11d55b014dab.png

Hannes Wolf, Dejan Ljubicic and Dominik Prokop are others based in Austria worthy of a look (all the better young players in that league have a very strong passing attribute).

Onto the ever reliable Scandinavian markets:

Victor Nelsson; very promising looking half back. Again was decent before but certainly better now:

Nelsson.thumb.png.0b0d31696c1b600dea017ad136c5b11a.png

And a couple of teenagers from Norway's 2nd tier:

Jens Petter Hauge:

Hauge.thumb.png.b5ccfdae241c8cefd9101b71c735a235.png

And Tobias Christensen. Sadly, that 1 for anticipation is hard-coded, which could well spoil his potential. Still, worth a punt at the price and with time on his side:

Christensen.thumb.png.11644742ff4fb25802674b08648dbece.png

Rumoured Spurs target IRL Matteo Guendouzi looks to have the potential to develop into an excellent midfield all-rounder:

Guendouzi.thumb.png.d7e08515efc30892bdc31fa9f4679d28.png

Andriy Lunin looks an excellent young goalkeeper:

Lunin.thumb.png.e6271c70d61b9ede9e1b885934d0f4ab.png

And lastly, a couple whose major boosts unfortunately have come after transfers to higher profile leagues...

Marijan Cavar, not rated in-game at the season's start but looks very good now that he's left Zrinjski for Frankfurt:

Cavar.thumb.png.cdfdc686912aa7eee092183a70b839aa.png

Mehdi Taremi; was decent pre-patch at Persepolis but looks like he'd do a fine job in middle-ranking leagues now that his value and wages have sky-rocketed...

Taremi.thumb.png.1242b0cba5b0eb1adf1fb2bb21c820df.png

Might be the New update as i never saw him before

Picked up in the first season from sturm graz

Dario Maresic, 18y/o central defender

Was running out of contract and had all the top teams on him when i saw him in my transfer center meeting

Snapped him up for 4,8M€ to make sure the big boys (i play with Marseille) wont get him

One of the best CB in the Game i think, must buy for any side imo

11 hours ago, nico_france said:

Might be the New update as i never saw him before

Picked up in the first season from sturm graz

Dario Maresic, 18y/o central defender

Was running out of contract and had all the top teams on him when i saw him in my transfer center meeting

Snapped him up for 4,8M€ to make sure the big boys (i play with Marseille) wont get him

One of the best CB in the Game i think, must buy for any side imo

Yeah, posted a screenshot of him here - ridiculously precocious for a 17 y/o centre back; his physical stats and ball-playing ability are excellent. His mental attributes would concern me a little but still surely amongst the best players in his position and age-bracket on the game.

il y a 38 minutes, fidelitywars a dit :

Yeah, posted a screenshot of him here - ridiculously precocious for a 17 y/o centre back; his physical stats and ball-playing ability are excellent. His mental attributes would concern me a little but still surely amongst the best players in his position and age-bracket on the game.

Yes saw this afterwards, great find in any case

He's playing from day 1 with me in the first team and after almost 1 year and half under human management, his progress are already really important

Will try to post a screen when i get back home

Yea, Dario Maresic + Perr Schurrs and you pretty much have central backs for around 15 seasons if you can manage to keep them. If you need one more central back with 5 defenders tactic then Tyrell Warren similar age. I got him from ManU really cheap and he is great too.

1 hour ago, wkdsoul said:

Thanks to this thread i bought Gonzalez.. he pretty much smashed the MLS in his first season..

5a9eea25e61d8_WalterGonzlez_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.b4c5f5099df9c4cd9ac9260ea2d92524.png

One of my favourite discoveries on FM. Bought him for Hamburg for £300k, two seasons later sold him and was able to finance moves for Cutrone, Locatelli and Calabria. Scored a couple of key goals too

19 hours ago, nico_france said:

Dario Maresic after 1 season and half under Human management

image.thumb.png.ea307e9006bdac7ada6386e4103a42f5.png

Developed very nicely; will be actively courting him with my Torino side in the January window. If i'm being picky, would love a defender with such good ball-playing qualities to have higher composure but a (very) minor gripe!

4 hours ago, Pallepop said:

found this after the winter update

M8l32hi.png

scout says around 3-4 mil punds, looks bright.

jaz13VD.png

only 2 mil buyout from start, looks very nice.

I had the OTHER Marin... the attacking midfield one. Didnt progress into a top tier player but i still made about 2 million on him.

12 hours ago, craigd84 said:

I had the OTHER Marin... the attacking midfield one. Didnt progress into a top tier player but i still made about 2 million on him.

Yeah, by a bizarre coincidence, there are 3 Antonio Marins who look to have good potential on FM; the Spanish right-back posted on this page, the Croatian winger at Dinamo Zagreb I assume you're referring to and best of all IMO, the teenage Paraguayan striker at Guarani (think I posted a SS earlier in this thread).

On 06/03/2018 at 20:29, zlatanera said:

One of my favourite discoveries on FM. Bought him for Hamburg for £300k, two seasons later sold him and was able to finance moves for Cutrone, Locatelli and Calabria. Scored a couple of key goals too

Cracking all round 2nd season too... :D

5aa177f70c141_WalterGonzlez_OverviewProfile-3.thumb.png.124b99a558c0456e23de2c1d7159375b.png

On 08/03/2018 at 11:57, fidelitywars said:

Yeah, by a bizarre coincidence, there are 3 Antonio Marins who look to have good potential on FM; the Spanish right-back posted on this page, the Croatian winger at Dinamo Zagreb I assume you're referring to and best of all IMO, the teenage Paraguayan striker at Guarani (think I posted a SS earlier in this thread).

no i was referring the Zagreb one, Tottenham got the Paraguayan one looks great but inconsistent.

Am 8.3.2018 um 00:43 schrieb craigd84:

I bought this Marin with my Leipzig save, dude ripped everything apart. But I cant find him anymore and I dont know his first name. Do you know anything bout him, pleeeease....

I should read the entire thread before posting lol. He´s at Zagreb, sorry for this

On 3/4/2018 at 22:33, Geordieboy52 said:

Not sure why he's never been mentioned - sure he's probably at the top end of his PA but ticks a lot of boxes positionally. Usually transfer listed at games start for around £2.5m

5a9c0369c440d_ScreenShot2018-03-04at14_31_33.thumb.png.9dbd5da89649dc72e4477bb272c3607c.png

One of the first things I did when I took over Milan was to remove this guy from the transfer list, he is basically perfect as a rotation/backup option. No-nonsense defender.

I forgot to mention Dennis MAN from Steaua Bucuresti,

He's a wonderful right inside forward, 19y/o at the start of the game, bought it at the beggining of season 2 for like 8M€,  a steal

Will post a screen asap

3 hours ago, duds said:

Mista is a good coach in the game but not World Class.

The cynic in me says that screenshot of Mista shows the game  is using the in-game editor.

Is that what the little pencil icon in the top of the screenshot represents?

4 hours ago, duds said:

Mista is a good coach in the game but not World Class.

Yeah, just looked in my current save and he's nowhere near that good. Not bad, though - I might poach him at some point :thup:

Archived