Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
benchester

FM18: Hidden Gems

Recommended Posts

On 1/12/2018 at 17:56, saihtam said:

Who do you play as? Thinking of starting new save with Paris FC, will he go for so low team?

I started with Paris FC and he's been a club legend. Still with us after 8 seasons and destroying Barca and other teams in the CL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand, I have bought this guy for the last 3 fm games, but I havbe never seen any mention of him in any thread. 
The name is Mande Sayouba 24 yr. old goalkeeper. A new Buffon for any low table club in top 5 leagues. And a great first keeper for any other club. 
You can buy him for €300k. 
He performs every time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Does anybody else have Wassim Karoui on their game? Tunisian striker. Has a release clause of 575k. Has 48 goals in 42 for me in the Eredivisie.

Edited by kmido

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/02/2018 at 22:04, kmido said:

 Does anybody else have Wassim Karoui on their game? Tunisian striker. Has a release clause of 575k. Has 48 goals in 42 for me in the Eredivisie.

Think he may well have random stats and no fixed position - he's a goalkeeper according to Transfermarkt!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18.11.2017 at 12:28, Cedrik said:

5a1018a353f97-rsz_1player.png

Not sure if already named in this thread, but this guy seems class. Seen his CA could easily be a decent back-up for most European top teams. 

Was planning to sign him at the start of my second season on my Barnsley save, but he signed for some chinese team. £275k transfer fee, £110k per week in wages ... So much for my bargain winger :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KNCkX7Q.png

HAv8y9P.png

Was already at the club when I took over, but he`s a great signing for lower league teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Juan Carlos - Goalkeeper from Lugo.

Picked him up for 1.1m in my Rangers save and in 5 games he has 3 clean sheets and also saved 2 penaltys in the one game. Average rating is 7.40 which is very decent for a GK.

Not on my comp so can't post screenshot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ibrouhima (spelling) Balde at Sampdoria can be bought for 1 million pounds and develops into a world class talent. Can also be bought by championship teams. great advanced forward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CB - Jordan Torunarigha from Hertha Berlin is a stud and relatively unknown. I play Hertha and even though i have bought numerous upgrades he still plays and plays well. Not sure what he would cost to pry away from them but he is worth a shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/03/2018 at 04:36, jimbowan said:

CB - Jordan Torunarigha from Hertha Berlin is a stud and relatively unknown. I play Hertha and even though i have bought numerous upgrades he still plays and plays well. Not sure what he would cost to pry away from them but he is worth a shot.

 

Yeah his very good on my Berlin save. They actually have a pretty decent squad.

Aubrey Modiba is pretty good budget LB

Edited by ramie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Few who seem to have been given significant boosts following the winter update:

First up, probably my favourite; Santiago Caseres. Was good previously but those mental stats all hard-coded now. Busquets Jr!

Caseres.thumb.png.6182af56bd24dcbb5b4b630fb9fd3958.png

Another who was very good previously but think he's had a minor boost and his favoured foot is now correct - Lautaro Martínez. Probably the best young player outside Europe at game start. Sadly, players in the Argentine league seem to have had their values increased post-patch.

Lautaro.thumb.png.43d72b81d02e5ed93eb142aa009c1ae1.png

Seems that the Austrian league now has a dedicated researcher; the below 3 all had good PA ranges previously but now their attributes are hard-coded rather than random:

Dario Maresic:

Maresic.thumb.png.aae25fe09e276d3bba3e2c92e59289f3.png

Xaver Schlager:

Schlager.thumb.png.5f831a17a231052442adef76b78e3d05.png

Amadou Haidara:

Haidara.thumb.png.a8bec55e7e7ddba135ca11d55b014dab.png

Hannes Wolf, Dejan Ljubicic and Dominik Prokop are others based in Austria worthy of a look (all the better young players in that league have a very strong passing attribute).

Onto the ever reliable Scandinavian markets:

Victor Nelsson; very promising looking half back. Again was decent before but certainly better now:

Nelsson.thumb.png.0b0d31696c1b600dea017ad136c5b11a.png

And a couple of teenagers from Norway's 2nd tier:

Jens Petter Hauge:

Hauge.thumb.png.b5ccfdae241c8cefd9101b71c735a235.png

And Tobias Christensen. Sadly, that 1 for anticipation is hard-coded, which could well spoil his potential. Still, worth a punt at the price and with time on his side:

Christensen.thumb.png.11644742ff4fb25802674b08648dbece.png

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumoured Spurs target IRL Matteo Guendouzi looks to have the potential to develop into an excellent midfield all-rounder:

Guendouzi.thumb.png.d7e08515efc30892bdc31fa9f4679d28.png

Andriy Lunin looks an excellent young goalkeeper:

Lunin.thumb.png.e6271c70d61b9ede9e1b885934d0f4ab.png

And lastly, a couple whose major boosts unfortunately have come after transfers to higher profile leagues...

Marijan Cavar, not rated in-game at the season's start but looks very good now that he's left Zrinjski for Frankfurt:

Cavar.thumb.png.cdfdc686912aa7eee092183a70b839aa.png

Mehdi Taremi; was decent pre-patch at Persepolis but looks like he'd do a fine job in middle-ranking leagues now that his value and wages have sky-rocketed...

Taremi.thumb.png.1242b0cba5b0eb1adf1fb2bb21c820df.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why he's never been mentioned - sure he's probably at the top end of his PA but ticks a lot of boxes positionally. Usually transfer listed at games start for around £2.5m

5a9c0369c440d_ScreenShot2018-03-04at14_31_33.thumb.png.9dbd5da89649dc72e4477bb272c3607c.png

Edited by Geordieboy52

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be the New update as i never saw him before

Picked up in the first season from sturm graz

Dario Maresic, 18y/o central defender

Was running out of contract and had all the top teams on him when i saw him in my transfer center meeting

Snapped him up for 4,8M€ to make sure the big boys (i play with Marseille) wont get him

One of the best CB in the Game i think, must buy for any side imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, nico_france said:

Might be the New update as i never saw him before

Picked up in the first season from sturm graz

Dario Maresic, 18y/o central defender

Was running out of contract and had all the top teams on him when i saw him in my transfer center meeting

Snapped him up for 4,8M€ to make sure the big boys (i play with Marseille) wont get him

One of the best CB in the Game i think, must buy for any side imo

Yeah, posted a screenshot of him here - ridiculously precocious for a 17 y/o centre back; his physical stats and ball-playing ability are excellent. His mental attributes would concern me a little but still surely amongst the best players in his position and age-bracket on the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a 38 minutes, fidelitywars a dit :

Yeah, posted a screenshot of him here - ridiculously precocious for a 17 y/o centre back; his physical stats and ball-playing ability are excellent. His mental attributes would concern me a little but still surely amongst the best players in his position and age-bracket on the game.

Yes saw this afterwards, great find in any case

He's playing from day 1 with me in the first team and after almost 1 year and half under human management, his progress are already really important

Will try to post a screen when i get back home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, Dario Maresic + Perr Schurrs and you pretty much have central backs for around 15 seasons if you can manage to keep them. If you need one more central back with 5 defenders tactic then Tyrell Warren similar age. I got him from ManU really cheap and he is great too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to this thread i bought Gonzalez.. he pretty much smashed the MLS in his first season..

 

5a9eea25e61d8_WalterGonzlez_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.b4c5f5099df9c4cd9ac9260ea2d92524.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wkdsoul said:

Thanks to this thread i bought Gonzalez.. he pretty much smashed the MLS in his first season..

 

5a9eea25e61d8_WalterGonzlez_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.b4c5f5099df9c4cd9ac9260ea2d92524.png

One of my favourite discoveries on FM. Bought him for Hamburg for £300k, two seasons later sold him and was able to finance moves for Cutrone, Locatelli and Calabria. Scored a couple of key goals too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, nico_france said:

Dario Maresic after 1 season and half under Human management

 

image.thumb.png.ea307e9006bdac7ada6386e4103a42f5.png

Developed very nicely; will be actively courting him with my Torino side in the January window. If i'm being picky, would love a defender with such good ball-playing qualities to have higher composure but a (very) minor gripe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

found this after the winter update

M8l32hi.png

scout says around 3-4 mil punds, looks bright.

jaz13VD.png

only 2 mil buyout from start, looks very nice.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pallepop said:

found this after the winter update

M8l32hi.png

scout says around 3-4 mil punds, looks bright.

jaz13VD.png

only 2 mil buyout from start, looks very nice.

 

I had the OTHER Marin... the attacking midfield one. Didnt progress into a top tier player but i still made about 2 million on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, craigd84 said:

I had the OTHER Marin... the attacking midfield one. Didnt progress into a top tier player but i still made about 2 million on him.

Yeah, by a bizarre coincidence, there are 3 Antonio Marins who look to have good potential on FM; the Spanish right-back posted on this page, the Croatian winger at Dinamo Zagreb I assume you're referring to and best of all IMO, the teenage Paraguayan striker at Guarani (think I posted a SS earlier in this thread).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/03/2018 at 20:29, zlatanera said:

One of my favourite discoveries on FM. Bought him for Hamburg for £300k, two seasons later sold him and was able to finance moves for Cutrone, Locatelli and Calabria. Scored a couple of key goals too

Cracking all round 2nd season too... :D

 5aa177f70c141_WalterGonzlez_OverviewProfile-3.thumb.png.124b99a558c0456e23de2c1d7159375b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/03/2018 at 11:57, fidelitywars said:

Yeah, by a bizarre coincidence, there are 3 Antonio Marins who look to have good potential on FM; the Spanish right-back posted on this page, the Croatian winger at Dinamo Zagreb I assume you're referring to and best of all IMO, the teenage Paraguayan striker at Guarani (think I posted a SS earlier in this thread).

no i was referring the Zagreb one, Tottenham got the Paraguayan one looks great but inconsistent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Am 8.3.2018 um 00:43 schrieb craigd84:

I had the OTHER Marin... the attacking midfield one. Didnt progress into a top tier player but i still made about 2 million on him.

I bought this Marin with my Leipzig save, dude ripped everything apart. But I cant find him anymore and I dont know his first name. Do you know anything bout him, pleeeease....

 

I should read the entire thread before posting lol. He´s at Zagreb, sorry for this

Edited by Alerion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2018 at 22:33, Geordieboy52 said:

Not sure why he's never been mentioned - sure he's probably at the top end of his PA but ticks a lot of boxes positionally. Usually transfer listed at games start for around £2.5m

5a9c0369c440d_ScreenShot2018-03-04at14_31_33.thumb.png.9dbd5da89649dc72e4477bb272c3607c.png

One of the first things I did when I took over Milan was to remove this guy from the transfer list, he is basically perfect as a rotation/backup option. No-nonsense defender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to mention Dennis MAN from Steaua Bucuresti,

 

He's a wonderful right inside forward, 19y/o at the start of the game, bought it at the beggining of season 2 for like 8M€,  a steal

Will post a screen asap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Il 8/3/2018 in 18:50 , wkdsoul ha scritto:

Cracking all round 2nd season too... :D

 5aa177f70c141_WalterGonzlez_OverviewProfile-3.thumb.png.124b99a558c0456e23de2c1d7159375b.png

Can you please tell me the name skin? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mista is a good coach in the game but not World Class.

The cynic in me says that screenshot of Mista shows the game  is using the in-game editor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, duds said:

Mista is a good coach in the game but not World Class.

The cynic in me says that screenshot of Mista shows the game  is using the in-game editor.

Is that what the little pencil icon in the top of the screenshot represents?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, duds said:

Mista is a good coach in the game but not World Class.

 

Yeah, just looked in my current save and he's nowhere near that good. Not bad, though - I might poach him at some point :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Geordieboy52 said:

Is that what the little pencil icon in the top of the screenshot represents?

Yes that’s correct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...