FM18: Hidden Gems

benchester

Few more interesting prospects and 1 out-and-out future star:

Start with the biggest talent; Calvin Stengs (fly in the ointment, however is the nasty injury he starts with):

stengs.thumb.png.405a9e841ec963e0dc317c9fb9ef8c51.png

Marek Havlik; pacey, reasonably rounded deep-lying midfielder:

havlik.thumb.png.1d79e2d132449041f1e9d49fd4866468.png

Robert Rojas; quick centre half with good potential to develop into a reasonably complete defender:

rojas.thumb.png.aeffc3cec5fda6904df31158cc3a1163.png

Olimpiu Morutan; a huge talent IRL who also looks good here (NB: he's left footed IRL and have been told this will be rectified upon full release):

morutan.thumb.png.9e452c9b2ecd8fbf6b0f9b549d8b876b.png

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Few bargains from the Portuguese league, which seems a great source of cheap, talented players on low wages.

Pedrinho; value seems high (but wages are peanuts) but scouts reckon available for around £3m:

pedrinho.thumb.png.6d6214bc667f190fb495bbc734332367.png

Filipe Chaby; cheap, talented winger:

chaby.thumb.png.bdde30ce53a7f4221547e263886d20ca.png

Nuno Santos; again, talented and inexpensive wide player:

santos.thumb.png.2fbbcbf4367e2d2dcbdcde8ec921a9fa.png

Francisco Ramos: clever, young midfield controller:

ramos.thumb.png.ccaea118c4dd2ab5ee93b61f1466ea71.png

Fede Varela; deliberately avoided players from the big 3 but good playmaker available on loan from Porto's B team:

varela.thumb.png.e504be8da4ce49093c7021ea7fa370b1.png

Raphael Guzzo; similar to Varela, gifted playmaker under the radar in Spain's 2nd tier:

guzzo.thumb.png.d7829503974dc4e9819a967ace414116.png

Stephen Eustaquio; Canadian/Portuguese midfield controller playing in Portugal's 2nd tier:

eustaquio.thumb.png.04cb487a37571ca552938bd3e65de680.png

14 hours ago, SwedenYid said:

59ff4ba3aa903_Skrmavbild2017-11-04kl_14_20_17.thumb.png.99b9c6fc9cbbf4dbf7e605a337089a87.png

Young, versatile midfield talent that you can mould into almost whatever you like. Great mental attributes for such a young age. 

his teammate Mathias Jensen, how do he look? should be just as promising

Francisco Trincão

Bought from Braga at the start for 100k

Thought he'd be an investment for the future but has forced his way into the first team after performing well in the cups and is playing a major part in Stoke's push for Europe in the 1st season - Steal

Edit: Last 3 games of the season form was 9.0, 6.6, 8.8 with 3 assists - definitely part of my 1st team going into season 2!

Trincao.jpg

Braga's Danilo has been mentioned here already, and I couldn't agree more with what everyone has had to say about him.  Cost me 1.6m pounds to bring in on a 30k/w five year plus three year team option as a hot prospect (by the way, these contracts listed here are a bit above the player and their agent's asking price because I like getting them committed to long term deals, so each one can be signed for cheaper).  Should warn folks in England, though, that he has to be loaned out to get a work permit. Luckily everyone wants him to be on their squad, however, so you should be able to get him an important role on a team that's in a European competition.

danilo.thumb.png.202fae5edb03de2bf4d6a77714a8a404.png

Next is the up and coming American regista Emerson Hyndman of Bournemouth.  Quality prospect that has plenty about him already, with more than enough room to grow as a center midfielder/defensive midfielder.  Cost 3.5M pounds and signed a 30k/w contract for five years plus a three team option as a hot prospect.  With so many centermids injured at Arsenal he'll be getting plenty of play time for me in my first campaign.  Not a totally out of the blue player, but is good nonetheless.

hyndman.thumb.png.338f0b39c1f69aeebf97b1c052df791a.png

Also, saw some posts about folks looking for a right back, so I thought I'd include Celtic's young Anthony Ralston.  Has a solid base (in terms of technique and mental approach) for you to develop him anyway you wish, combined with  physical attributes that are already more than serviceable for Premier League play.  Cost 2.5m pounds and signed a 15k/w contract for five years plus a three year team option as a hot prospect.

ralston.thumb.png.3d7aa0a836e50020eb4f87aa47887a5e.png

Lastly, I wanted to include a bit of a wildcard that I'm still waiting to see if he'll work out or not.  If you've played FM before, you've certainly heard of him already, but I was able to get Dinamo's stalwart center/defensive midfielder Arijan Ademi for super cheap, because he's suspended on a doping ban until October 7th, 2017.  Cost a total of only 85k(!!!!!) to sign and accepted a contract of 15k/w as a backup on a similar 5yr+3yr team option deal.  Scouts don't rate him too highly in terms of CA/PA stars, but his report's intangibles are fantastic and his attribute analysis comparison overview is really similar to Xhaka/Coquelin/Elneny.  Once his ban is up, and he's playing a role in my squad, I'll report back on how well or poorly he's playing.

ademi.thumb.png.6e7a20e9a73d511f6d423cc6d31905ee.png

13 hours ago, LeonBlack said:

Amin Nouri

Good one. Purchased him for my Rosenborg team ahead of the first season - is a really cheap, two-footed wing back option with good dribbling skills and an attacking mindset. His crossing leaves something to be desired, but great value for what you have to pay.

This is Sander Eng Strand at the start of the second norwegian league season. Starts at Ham Kam, on a youth contract so available for just £1.9k in compensation. Has been at my club for around three months at this stage in his development.

ghFH2Dy.png

Five star potential(from a Rosenborg point of view obviously).

Hassan from Braga is an absolute gem who's available for around 2m. He's also either has/eventually gets his Portuguese nationality 6 months in. So even easier to get him. Absolutely killing it in my Brighton team having signed him in the winter market. 

4 hours ago, leb said:

Well, they're surprisingly cheap for what they offer. I saw the likes of Bellerin mentioned here, so...

Lazio are demanding a king's ransom for Felipe Anderson, and Odegaard's price will depend on how terrible AI Madrid are at squad building as they could either integrate him into their team (shock, horror!) or you could get him for peanuts.

1 hour ago, oneronaldo said:

Lazio are demanding a king's ransom for Felipe Anderson, and Odegaard's price will depend on how terrible AI Madrid are at squad building as they could either integrate him into their team (shock, horror!) or you could get him for peanuts.

Felipe Anderson €30M and Odegaard €17M (release clause)

17 minutes ago, smdw2008 said:

young goalkeeper for replace caballero in 2nd season chelsea please? :idiot:

Rajkovic if you can get a work permit for him, which is difficult in the 1st season

19 minutes ago, oneronaldo said:

Rajkovic gets a WP no problem, £7m fee or so, top goalkeeper.

I bought him for Arsenal in the 1st season and still couldn't get a WP, even with 11 international appearances

3 minutes ago, leb said:

I bought him for Arsenal in the 1st season and still couldn't get a WP, even with 11 international appearances

Thats strange, I've  bought him several times now from Beta to the full release and he gets a work permit for me every time. Don't know if contracts play a part, but I can't imagine my offering of 25k p/w to Rajkovic is that far from yours.

On 11/3/2017 at 11:40, SwedenYid said:

Does anyone have an idea of a striker, preferably not younger than 26 years old and that's not too expensive? :D I'm looking for a complement/back-up to Mariano on my Lyon save. Any suggestions are very welcomed!

59fc9162711c5_Skrmavbild2017-10-30kl_20_47_33.thumb.png.1322a9c9ac95aaabad07f8059f47fe68.png

Danilo at Braga still looks like a real steal.

I was just coming to post about Danilo.

I picked him up for $1.7m + 20% for my Celta Vigo side.  Will have him anchoring my 3-5-1-1 (Ozil 3-4-3 Cruyff) as a DLP(D). 

Anxious to see how he pans out.  :)

Scouts found this kid, and I immediately got the board involved before any of the other big teams could snatch him. Cost me 4.7 M but looks like he will be a real gem. Asked Pinamonti to talk with him before the deal went through as they are teammates on Italy. One of the most satisfying transfers I have done on the game.

Gennaro_Ruggiero_Overview_Profile.png

Gennaro_Ruggiero_Reports_Scout_Report.pn

9 hours ago, CybrSlydr said:

Don't suppose you folks have found a starting-caliber CM(S) for a Celta Vigo-level side, have you?

Marcelo Meli and Rodrigo Bentancur used to be go-to in 17, but Meli isn't quite as good anymore and Bentancur is now with Juve.  :(

Lee Jae-Sung, Erdal Rakip, Anders Christiansen, Nuno Valente, Mirko Ivanic, Khama Billiat, Fredrik Haugen, Xadas, Lucas Lima, Alejandro Chumacero (beast), Pedrinho, Danilo Barbosa, Josip Misic, Blaz Vrhovec, Aleks Pihler, Stefan Schwab, Stefan Hierlander, Ignacio Fernandez, Nikola Vukcevic.

Take your pick.

Archived