Sports Interactive Community
benchester

FM18: Hidden Gems

Same as last years popular thread, all hidden gems you find in here.

-----

Not a hidden gem as such, but Dries Mertens has a release clause of £26.5million :D

52 minutes ago, benchester said:

Same as last years popular thread, all hidden gems you find in here.

-----

Not a hidden gem as such, but Dries Mertens has a release clause of £26.5million :D

His actual release clause is €28 million active from next summer I think! 

Also no real hidden gems but both Max Meyer and Leon Goretzka have only one year left of their contract at the start of the game. 

20171027001249_1.thumb.jpg.0777f185b76ad6b3ab06a12d53efccac.jpg20171027001229_1.thumb.jpg.580a4feaa05e2118e8ab59b65e07dc30.jpg

A few I've found early doors

Lautaro Martínez

Ezequiel Barco

Timo Horn has a £15.5mil release clause

Nicolás Gaitán available for £6mil

sorry, can't at the moment. Not an amazing player but he's 18 and has 11 caps already. Probably need to have a pretty big DB but he plays in Austria. 

Edited by Bigpapa42

Thanks for posting the sceenie of Daka. Likely has variable potential. Developed reasonably well in a soak test I ran and ended up moving to one of Russia's bigger clubs. 

Right sided defenders is a difficult one, trying to find a younger player to replace Tony V. DR/WBR ideally.

Who's the best of the young CMs? Tielemans still worth a go?

1 hour ago, Vash420 said:

Right sided defenders is a difficult one, trying to find a younger player to replace Tony V. DR/WBR ideally.

Who's the best of the young CMs? Tielemans still worth a go?

Tielemans is at Monaco now. Good luck trying to get him. Maybe you can go for Saul or Koke instead.

As for a RB, Vitinho is still good (I think) but may need a WP

Not elite but looks a very interesting attacking right back for middling sides/leagues:

Mphahlele.thumb.png.1d782146939ea066cc7d6b3f6e34867b.png

Been decent on the last couple of editions but Saleh Gomaa looks more the budget Iniesta than ever in FM18:

gomaa.thumb.png.947ae83f2c0e6c6b1821c740d85beacf.png

Nicely-rounded left-sided midfielder:

jae-sung.thumb.png.41c06f262ceb01ebb9c18666bfad123a.png

Another who's been decent in previous FMs but looks stronger here:

rakip.thumb.png.b0e3ae841dae8f8ea99f544e9c37a9d1.png

Edited by fidelitywars

Of the more elite prospects, as mentioned, Barco looks phenomenal:

barco.thumb.png.1bd9737b51e58172aad3ee653681d127.png

Whilst Mattijs De Ligt looks as good a defensive prospect as I can recall seeing in FM:

59f2db79807fc_deligt.thumb.png.e13826d40c5dc8fa9e209685001ce270.png

And Kai Havertz is another Balon d'Or-level prospect. Unreal at 18:

havertz.thumb.png.3389c57f7b88bdb7b6b9de6d07c3352b.png

This Chuma guy has massive potential. 

20171027094702_1.thumb.jpg.98e328caefb724b988fde7d0d16c8d06.jpg

Boldenkov is decent for Championship/League One squads

20171027094736_1.thumb.jpg.4d483385aff730e95542a579b6e6c522.jpg

Sow is one big unknown, if you develop him well - he will deliver.

20171027094912_1.thumb.jpg.58635040f66c9137613e75636d801fd7.jpg

Edited by Bigpole

1 minute ago, Luke Cro said:

Any hidden gems from Balkans??

Usual suspects remain very good - Lovro Majer and Ante Coric both potentially top-class playmakers whilst Dinamo again have some solid-looking prospects in Nikola Moro, Filip Benkovic and Petar Stojanovic.

Otherwise not really seen too many who look great; lack of researchers in Macedonia mean that Fenerbahce's Eljif Elmas isn't as highly-regarded in-game as he is in reality. Levante's Enis Bardhi looks very good, though.

33 minutes ago, Luke Cro said:

Any hidden gems from Balkans??

I bought Savic from Lazio. Not a gem in the way that I payed around £25m for him, but he seems crazy good. Havent got the grip of the new scoutingsystem yet. He got 4 stars, but 85 on that new 1-100 scale. That was the highest my scouts find in CM so I just decided to give the new system a go, and my god he delivers. Scoring for fun from the middle of the park as Mezzala.

18 minutes ago, sufcdan said:

Man City signed that Chuma guy on my save, must have something about him if City signed him. free transfer too

Haha same here.

Hardly unknown's but Jadon Sancho & Vinicius Junior look immense: 

sancho.png

Vinicius.png

Lincoln (Flamengo) -  Another beast from the Flamengo ranks. Seriously well rounded for a 16 year old. Who needs Vinicius?

Lincoln.thumb.png.5ae65265a76164b8755ed390fe4b713f.png

Jann-Fiete Arp (Hamburg)- German Harry Kane in the making. Won the German U17 POTY irl & looks first team ready from the off

59f312132d3a9_Jann-FieteArp.thumb.png.2eda5dd0c41eedcf3b44e79166d4f790.png

Abel Ruiz (Barca)-  Stats tend to vary from the few saves I've tried so far but always looks like someone who can go all the way. Already part of Barca B irl & is playing in the U17 World Cup final tomorrow if yo're interested! (2nd top scorer behind Rhian Brewster)

59f313478a5af_AbelRuiz.thumb.png.a60056f309e39f54eac0bd00b546e314.png

Rhian Brewster (Liverpool)- Making all the headlines in the real world & looks capable here too (maybe not as eye catching as some of the other strikers above though). Reminiscent of Jerome Sinclair from a few years back. Here's hoping he can avoid that path both in game & real life!

Brewster.thumb.png.f36d5575d125c7c6936226021f5e5a04.png

Alphonso Davies (Vancouver) - Already a first teamer at both club & International level irl,  genuinely looks capable of becoming the best player ever to come out of Canada

Davies.thumb.png.58b21add5fadec67ee4b554f98deb84f.png

Timothy Weah (PSG) - Son of the legendary George, & thankfully no relation to Ali Dia. Unlikely to ever make it at PSG but another gem off their underrated production line. Yacine Adli also looks great again

Weah.thumb.png.64e4146508d2b496ed5e4e9628853808.png

Amine Gouiri (Lyon)- Another one who's stats have varied but always looks like the next Benzema/Lacazette/Fekir from the Lyon academy. One of a number of real talents lurking at Lyon this year

Gouiri.thumb.png.08080e15efb87802c1f6aa2cb0cc9549.png

Paulinho (Vasco) - Already a first teamer irl & another amazingly well rounded 16 year old

Paulinho.thumb.png.7e64ec80f1d99e154ecb7d3df706f3d6.png

9 hours ago, harrycarrie said:

Signed him immediately for United, he's superb.

How much did you get him for?

Giannis Vagias was sold by Olympiakos to PSG for £20M on my save but astonishingly, Olympiakos bought him back in 2020 for £84M pounds! Amazing. Rich Greeks, I guess.

Winger Samuel Adegbenro is valued at £54M in 2021 in my save (Dortmund). Cost £120k in the first window going from Kwara Utd to Viking (Norway).

2 minutes ago, iolodavanki said:

Winger Samuel Adegbenro is valued at £54M in 2021 in my save (Dortmund). Cost £120k in the first window going from Kwara Utd to Viking (Norway).

Doesn't he start at Rosenborg and that £120k transfer is historical, rather than in-game? Either way, he does look pretty good and clearly must develop well to reach that valuation.

Won't let me upload any more screenshots but several others work a look:

Phil Foden (Man City) - Looks a potential David/Bernardo Silva clone & one of a number of prospects in the Man City ranks (Lorenzo Gonzalez & Benjamin Garré the other standouts)

Flor Van Den Eynden (Inter) - Potential to be the next great Belgian CB. Already looks solid in all right places & amongst lots of other decent prospects at Inter (They also have Facundo Colidio now too)

Jorgen Strand Larsen (AC Milan) - On loan at Milan from Sarpsborg, proper old school target man. 6 foot 3-ish & has 17 finishing already for a 17 year old.

Most of the notable prospects from last year are as good again, some I've noticed that have had upgrades are Yann Karamoh, Axel Tuanzebe, Vincent Thill, Ronaldo Vieira, Carlos Soler, Jordi Mboula, Moise Kean, Atakan Akkaynak, Marian Prinz, Elias Abouchabaka, Dayot Upamecano, Ibrahima Konaté & Dan-Axel Zagadou (the amount of quality young French players in the game is beyond ridiculous).

And Kylian Mbappé is a god...

1 minute ago, Rony B said:

Most of the notable prospects from last year are as good again, some I've noticed that have had upgrades are Yann Karamoh, Axel Tuanzebe, Vincent Thill, Ronaldo Vieira, Carlos Soler, Jordi Mboula, Moise Kean, Atakan Akkaynak, Marian Prinz, Elias Abouchabaka, Dayot Upamecano, Ibrahima Konaté & Dan-Axel Zagadou (the amount of quality young French players in the game is beyond ridiculous)

Indeed, Abouchabaka looks ridiculous for a 17 year-old.

2 hours ago, sufcdan said:

Man City signed that Chuma guy on my save, must have something about him if City signed him. free transfer too

Dunno. Last year Mac City would sign players at 130 PA for £20m... 

Will sort a screenshot later but Panagiotis Retsos at Leverkusen looks incredibly good. Imagine he'll be tricky to sign owing to his recent move from Olympiakos but still, ridiculous stats. Similarly, Gladbach's Mickael Cuisance has a look of something a little special.

Edited by fidelitywars

3 hours ago, cris182 said:

Vinicius Junior has a future transfer to Real in game 

idk what is worse, Vinicius 14 pace in FM18 or Dybala 14str and 15pace in FM17...

9 hours ago, Vash420 said:

It will probably be incredibly difficult to get him, but Trent Alexander-Arnold looks like he can become an absolute beast this year. Very well rounded and versatile to boot.

59f341dacc1e6_TrentAlexander-Arnold_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.83e1d037044b78374b9ae8d5b51bd609.png

If anyone needs a young, cheap winger, Tobias Svendsen looks like a steal for £400k

59f341d7e1c67_TobiasSvendsen_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.ee6fed5db88d746add0543b0fc8ccf6a.png

4 minutes ago, Rubentus_Juventus said:

Christ, TAA and Bellerin are so overrated in game.

Let the typical English bias continue. 

Is there a better RB than TAA in the game? Looks like someone is taking the ****. 

Wow, the research done on the players in the Norwegian premier division varying wildly in quality. Krepin Diatta at Sarpsborg a really bad central defender with mediocre potential? Really? 100% impossible to follow the league at all and make that mistake.

One of the more interesting ones in Norway this year is 16 year old midfielder Hugo Vetlesen from Stabæk. Looks like he could become a monster - and already good enough for first team football in a smaller league.

Also, Sigurd Rosted looks like a very handy budget defender, and Kristoffer Zachariassen a bargain midfield dynamo. The latter one doesn't seem to want to move in the first window, though.

Sergej Milinkovic Savic for 31m, absolute steal for top clubs ...

Can't provide a screenshot at the moment, but Robert Gumny from Lech looks like he could be quite a gem this year.