Sports Interactive Community
Rikulec

FM18: Memory Lane

5mFQmep.png

Olympiakos was great, but it's time to move on.

CZJkuwe.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - New Club - VfL Wolfsburg

RUONxGs.png

As I said, just the step up I wanted (and needed) now.

Club Name: VfL Wolfsburg
Nickname: Die Wölfe
Year Founded: 1945
Stadium: Claus Reitmaier Park (41,500 capacity, 31,125 seated)

m17riRq.png

Amazing facilities, but the junior coaching and youth recruitment are lagging behind. Something needs to be done about it.

G84Baw1.png

The potential is great, hopefully I'll live up to the expectations!

6 minutes ago, MarcxD said:

Fantastic season with Olympiakos, unbeaten is always great. :applause:

Wolfsburg is an interesting step if it happens, the much bigger league and (eventual?) money could really help your reputation

Thanks. :thup:

My reputation stands at 80% already, so it's pretty high as it is. I think from now on I'll be aiming at winning both the domestic title and the Champions League in the top five leagues. This should take a while.

CZJkuwe.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2028/29 - VfL Wolfsburg

Board Expectations:

Bundesliga: Europa League qualification
DFB-Pokal: Quarter Final

My Expectations:

Bundesliga: The board have made it pretty clear.
DFB-Pokal: I don't really mind, unless we get a good shot at winning it.

Budgets:

Transfer: £116,535,820
Wage: £1,997,057 (currently spending £1,582,426)
Balance: £108,988,970

3 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Wolfsburg should be fun! You going to build a direct game?

I'm going to start off with exactly the same tactic I used at Olympiakos, which definitely involved into something much more direct than it was initially. I wouldn't say it's very direct though, I simply agreed to the philosophy to improve my chances at the interview.

2 hours ago, Crispypaul said:

Great move!

Thanks!

CZJkuwe.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2028/29 - VfL Wolfsburg

Friendlies

6nAB9tx.png

A bunch of games to get us prepared.

Transfers

JruNwOS.png

We fell just short of bringing in £200M from player sales. This is a whole different world.

Jan Aug - a pre-arranged transfer that will probably be quickly forgotten.

Robert Mutschler - our new holding midfielder. I like him.

Justin Fournier - the biggest buy of the window. Fully justified though when you look at him - he's great already, and he will grow.

Acaymo Septién - a wonderful winger with the best personality possible. Real Madrid seem to be the place to look for bargains - remember Arias?

Agenor Souza Caprioli - a decent enough right back, on relatively cheap wages as well.

Federico Cuevas - he's got all the makings of a world class centre back. What an absolute bargain.

15 minutes ago, john1 said:

Good luck with Wolfsburg :cool: 

Cheers mate. :thup:

CZJkuwe.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - August 2028 - VfL Wolfsburg

Bundesliga

6ei8Wch.png

6XJzWW2.png

A disappointing start with a draw away at one of the weakest sides in the league. We weren't helped by Justin Fournier's two-footer and the subsequent red card in the 12th minute though.

DFB-Pokal

9YiaenZ.png

A very straightforward game against non-league opposition.

The next one is going to be the other end of the spectrum though - away at Dortmund.

Transfers

Tim Klein - a wonderful deadline day addition for a mere £5.5M from Leipzig. I can see him becoming a star.

4 hours ago, Bitner said:

Good Luck mate!

Cheers,
Bitner 

Thank you! :thup:

Haven't really commented that much on this topic but just wanted to let you know I really enjoy the progress you continue to make. Looks like a really good career you're having and I think your presentation is really spot on!

49 minutes ago, Timetxu said:

Haven't really commented that much on this topic but just wanted to let you know I really enjoy the progress you continue to make. Looks like a really good career you're having and I think your presentation is really spot on!

Thanks a lot mate. :thup:

CZJkuwe.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - September 2028 - VfL Wolfsburg

Bundesliga

EliFJQy.png

FAFTuFp.png

Frustratingly inconsistent. Even more annoyingly, we picked up two more stupid red cards, one against Leipzig and one against Köln. I have to refer to @noikeee here; this really is a damn competitive league, and just look at all the goals!

CZJkuwe.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - October 2028 - VfL Wolfsburg

Bundesliga

6lxHI3j.png

vPU07Qx.png

Two narrow and unlucky defeats against the very top sides in the country separated by a lucky win over one of the worst ones. What do I make of these?

DFB-Pokal

44zniek.png

Awful, awful, awful. Not only did we crash out of the cup, but more importantly our dressing room atmosphere went down the drain. I'm starting to feel pressure!

CZJkuwe.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - November 2028 - VfL Wolfsburg

Bundesliga

t8c8kH8.png

gpCibRF.png

And then I make some slight tactical changes and everything suddenly clicks. Of course, it can - and probably should - also be attributed to some easier games this month. I hope it continues.

I've only just caught up on the last 2 seasons. 8 goals conceded in the Greek Superleague, then 7 goals conceded was :cool::cool::cool: - that was the most impressive thing about Greece for me. Of course beating Man Utd in the CL, reaching the quarter-finals etc etc was all nice but that defensive record was something else, outstanding.

Wolfsburg feels like a natural move at the right time. Bit of a tricky start so far but looks like you're gaining momentum. Certainly doing better than Bayern... re Bayern I think the only possible comment is to just hand out Nelson's Ha Ha to them:

HZkXUwF.jpg

7 hours ago, noikeee said:

I've only just caught up on the last 2 seasons. 8 goals conceded in the Greek Superleague, then 7 goals conceded was :cool::cool::cool: - that was the most impressive thing about Greece for me. Of course beating Man Utd in the CL, reaching the quarter-finals etc etc was all nice but that defensive record was something else, outstanding.

Wolfsburg feels like a natural move at the right time. Bit of a tricky start so far but looks like you're gaining momentum. Certainly doing better than Bayern... re Bayern I think the only possible comment is to just hand out Nelson's Ha Ha to them:

HZkXUwF.jpg

Oh yes, Greece was an amazing adventure. The first three seasons had that feel of an epic battle between us and AEK where the both of us absolutely dominated the rest of the league. The final season, however, was something absolutely exceptional. The perfect way to round things off, I feel; I don't think I could have topped that. That defensive record was simply the result of having built an outstanding side in all departments.

As for Bayern... yeah. :lol: We really should have beaten them as well, only conceded in the 89th minute after blowing a couple of sitters. Typical FM.

CZJkuwe.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - December 2028 - VfL Wolfsburg

Bundesliga

48GJMfm.png

936yF5T.png

Win five games in a row and then lose the next two. Typical. I don't know which is funnier - that we've already conceded more goals than during my last two seasons at Olympiakos, or that despite this it's us and Köln who have conceded the least. :lol:

CZJkuwe.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - January 2029 - VfL Wolfsburg

Bundesliga

rXGM6Qg.png

Ww8JPL8.png

We're so lucky to have picked up all these points this month that it simply has to backfire at some point. Something's wrong and I can't quite figure out what it is. Still, we find ourselves in 5th, which would be a great place for us to finish the season in.

Transfers

Dennis König - we somehow managed to pick him up for £4.7M from Hoffenheim thanks to a release clause. Look. At. Him.

Peter Carnota - and another young player with bags of potential, arriving from Legia for £3.2M.

CZJkuwe.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - February 2029 - VfL Wolfsburg

Bundesliga

uPHl7CM.png

67n1UG2.png

However misleading the results may be, the last two games have left me with a feeling that we're just one tiny detail away from really clicking. The search continues, and the battle for the European spots is tighter than ever.

CZJkuwe.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - March 2029 - VfL Wolfsburg

Bundesliga

yJEJ85p.png

eDRvm7w.png

Still not quite there. We really need to pick up as many points as possible in April given that we have some really winnable games there. It will be the key month.

Youth Intake

xUZlKnU.png

Nothing to get too excited about, but there could be some promise there.

Andi Teqja

Zoran Orescanin

Marcus Großöhmichen

Pawel Ciepiela

Torge Hozjak

CZJkuwe.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - April 2029 - VfL Wolfsburg

Bundesliga

iNfTL61.png

QEwGTN6.png

I might have found it - an unbeaten month is one thing, but our performances in the two games we won were finally as good as I would expect. We had 15 shots on target against Augsburg, and most of them were really good chances - we could have put six or seven past them really.

25 minutes ago, john1 said:

Good month but Bayern 7th?! :eek: 

Yeah, they seem to be deep in crisis, like something has gone terribly wrong after giving the title away to Leverkusen last season. This season they've mostly been a mid-table side, which is indeed quite shocking. I'm curious to see whether this develops into a long-term decline.

2 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

Yeah, they seem to be deep in crisis, like something has gone terribly wrong after giving the title away to Leverkusen last season. This season they've mostly been a mid-table side, which is indeed quite shocking. I'm curious to see whether this develops into a long-term decline.

Who is the Bayern manager?

Just now, john1 said:

Who is the Bayern manager?

Paco Jémez was hired before the season started, then he was fired in February and replaced by Hervé Guégan. No, I don't know who that is either. :D

CZJkuwe.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - May 2029 - VfL Wolfsburg

Bundesliga

qnnbyOl.png

nls69vN.png

König is a proper monster. The others... I guess it depends on the day. In the end we got the 5th place and Europa League qualification, exactly what we wanted. I guess I should be satisfied.

2 hours ago, DavidBeckham said:

Congrats on securing Europa League football mate! 

Cheers mate. :thup:

CZJkuwe.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2028/29 - VfL Wolfsburg

Bundesliga

Results (Aug-Dec) - Results (Jan-May)

Competition Performance: 5th

I don't know what to make of this. The thing that I know for sure is that this is a ridiculously tight and competitive league with tons of goals where anyone can beat anyone else. As for our performance, we managed to partially recover from a poor start and fulfill both the board expectations and the media prediction by finishing 5th. I think it's a good way for me to come back down to earth after dominating Greece with Olympiakos.

DFB-Pokal

Competition Performance: Second Round

A tale of two extremes. Let's leave it at that.

Squad

The building process has certainly started, but there's still some work to do and some players to replace. We definitely need a new backup goalkeeper to replace Moreira and his ridiculous wage of £105K p/w.

Transfers - Finances

The figures speak for themselves. We made ridiculous money over the year while also bringing in some great young German players like Klein and especially König. As you may have guessed, this will be my policy.

We're rich, simple as that. I just want to ensure it stays that way.

Player of the Season

1st - Dennis König - he's only been here for half a season, but my God, what a player he's shaping up to be. He took a bit of time to settle, but he's been pretty much unstoppable ever since I switched him to the Advanced Forward role. I can't wait to see him tear everyone apart next season.

2nd - Acaymo Septién - another player I brought to the club, and he's also performed as good as his attributes would suggest... at least during some periods. Sometimes he would switch off and produce nothing for a few games, but we're going to work on that. He's also going to play a crucial role in youth development with his fantastic personality.

3rd - Saúl Domínguez - since I need to put three players on the list, why not the goalkeeper? After all, conceding the least goals in the league has to stand for something, right? Yeah, he was fairly decent. Also eleven clean sheets. Not bad, especially in this kind of league.

Next Season

Do our best in the Europa League, try to push for the Champions League places. Oh, and transfers. Don't forget about transfers.

CZJkuwe.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2029/30 - VfL Wolfsburg

Board Expectations:

Bundesliga: Europa League qualification
DFB-Pokal: Quarter Final
Europa League: Second Knockout Round

My Expectations:

Bundesliga: Top five is the minimum, top three would be nice.
DFB-Pokal: Do better than last year.
Europa League: Try to win it, why not?

Budgets:

Transfer: £102,495,679
Wage: £1,997,068 (currently spending £1,320,797)
Balance: £215,564,375

CZJkuwe.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2029/30 - VfL Wolfsburg

Friendlies

Jt4Fbyt.png

We played some games, yes.

Transfers

5OoIX77.png

I ended up not bringing in as much money as I thought I would and also spending more than I thought I would. **** happens, I guess.

Oskar Bornemann - nothing exciting, but we needed depth.

Ivan Bond - bright future lies ahead of this kid, I'm telling you.

Tomas Siegl - our new backup goalkeeper.

Ladislav Rysavy - well **** me if this isn't the future best left back in the game. What a player.

Martin Havlicek - he has some good striker attributes, but I'm going to play him on the left wing and watch him dominate in the air.

Vicent Peña - a younger, cheaper, and in my opinion slightly better version of Matteo Venturi.

Rysavy's going to be bonkers.

Odd that Havlicek can play ST, LW, RW, MC, but not AM in the middle of them all.

11 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Rysavy's going to be bonkers.

Odd that Havlicek can play ST, LW, RW, MC, but not AM in the middle of them all.

Odd, yeah, but for some reason I really like the look of that wide diamond. :D And Rysavy, yeah. I couldn't believe he was available for so little money, he's incredible.

3 hours ago, Borussia Teeth said:

Good luck this season!

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Odd, yeah, but for some reason I really like the look of that wide diamond. :D

It is really eye catching!

CZJkuwe.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - August 2029 - VfL Wolfsburg

Bundesliga

qLSusMS.png

yTmdWQo.png

That was awful. At least we managed to grab two late goals to make it look more crazy than humiliating, but yes, we did find ourselves 6:1 down. Funnily enough it wasn't even the biggest scoreline of the week - look at Bayern and Aalen!

DFB-Pokal

p2qPUWc.png

So far, so good.

Hertha at home in the next round. Should be doable.

Uz22pev.png

We got AEK! \o/ I'm delighted with this draw for this very reason.

32 minutes ago, john1 said:

Definitely favourable draw :thup: 

23 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

That group should be a hell of a lot of fun!

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it as much as I do!

I think you can be pretty happy with that first season in Germany, competitive enough, first season in any new club is always going to be a little handicap as you don't have the squad built to your liking, nor the players trust you enough at first, I think that's a solid start to build up on.

27 minutes ago, noikeee said:

I think you can be pretty happy with that first season in Germany, competitive enough, first season in any new club is always going to be a little handicap as you don't have the squad built to your liking, nor the players trust you enough at first, I think that's a solid start to build up on.

Cheers. :thup:

However, I think I'm going to take a break from this. For some time I haven't really felt the urge to launch FM, something wrong has happened to the enjoyment. I'm not sure why, but it's probably best that I take some time off. How much? No idea.

4 hours ago, Rikulec said:

However, I think I'm going to take a break from this. For some time I haven't really felt the urge to launch FM, something wrong has happened to the enjoyment. I'm not sure why, but it's probably best that I take some time off. How much? No idea.

Hope to see you back soon :thup: Take all the time you need :cool: 

7 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Sad to read it, but certainly there's no point to play a game to no enjoyment. I'm through something similar too, although is with cs:go. Wish you get your enjoyment back in whatever activity you choose.

Cheers,
Bitner